PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fic Short Story

VanDarkmind
Aug 3, 2008, 08:11 AM
Here I've got something I had in mind for a long time.
It's a PSO Fanfic.
Hope you like it

„We don’t have any time left! Go now, GO!”, Darkmind yelled.
“But this is suicide! You can’t handle so many enemies!”, Hinagiko screamed back.
The blocked door, separating the D-Cell-Sublifeforms from the team, was nearly breaking apart under the heavy attacks of the creatures. The sound of photon blades and sharp claws on the door’s surface was clanging through the empty chamber the Hunter team stood in.
“I’ll be fine, just go already! You have to finish the mission!”, Darkmind replied.
“No! I won’t let you die here! I don’t want you to sacrifice yourself!”
Hinagiko was nearly crying.
The broad sword of a Chaos Bringer rammed through the door.
“No time for discussions! Go now! GOOO!” Darkmind screamed and the Hunters had no choice left than to back away and run through the next door. Dot Black blocked this door to buy them some time.
They ran and ran until they thought they were out of range of those monsters. Hinagiko slumped down on a wall and began to cry.
“Stupid Newman”, Darkmind thought. “You know I won’t die this way, Hinagiko”
He set a cigarette on fire and readied his automatic guns. The FOmar stood there and just waited until the creatures broke down the door.
He fired.
Purple goo covered the small hallway that connected the chambers to each other.
A flood of D-Cell-Sublifeforms outpoured itself into the hallway and decayed to black dust where the hail of photon bullets hit them.
Darkmind’s guns soon overheated and he was forced to throw them away and snatch his black Katana.
He backed up into the chamber behind him and fought the creatures with great effort. But they just seemed to many. One after one they came through the hallway and poured into the chamber. The more Darkmind killed, the more of them appeared. He casted a Gifoie and destroyed the creatures in a small circle around him.
But suddenly something strange happened.
They stopped.
They formed a circle around him and just stood there, as if they were banished.
Then a slow clapping appeared and human footsteps clanged though the chamber.
“I’m surprised to meet you here, but I fear your way ends here, Amenuthet.”
Darkmind recalled that voice. And it hasn’t been long since he’d been called by that name.
“Nephres!”, he said, as he turned around and faced another FOmar.
“I wonder, how you made it here. You’re not that kind of person that would sacrifice a dozen of virgin souls to open a gate here, aside from not knowing which world exactly I was heading for.”, Nephres said and put on an evil grin, while glimpsing with black eyes at Darkmind.
“Well, I’m rather surprised as well to meet you here.”, Darkmind replied. “And you’re right, I won’t sacrifice a human being for my peculiar reasons. The Oracle sent me here to finish off Dark Falz.”
“Well, Amenuthet. It appears that you’re a bit too late. Dark Falz already possesses a strong body. Soon he will arise again and I will be his highest acolyte. I have been the one who freed him. I have been the one that led the people of Pioneer 1 here so I could sacrifice their souls to him. And now I am going to be the one who will destroy the last being that could be of any danger to him.”
Darkmind laughed silently.
“Nephres, you just never learn, do you? The Evil never shares it’s power. At least, when you’re of no use for him anymore, he will dispose of you. You could have been living a carefree life but you had to betray be. You had to be jealous, to be greedy.” Darkmind smiled and laughed again. “Well this comes in handy. We still have unfinished business, you remember? I didn’t forget what you did to Dot. I won’t let you get away this time.”
“Your care for human beings is your weakness.”, Nephres replied with a smirk.
Then they began to fight.
It was an awful fight where both of them showed their real face. Darkmind, or Amenuthet, wasn’t a human being. Neither was Nephres. But the two of them differed from each other. While Nephres used to possess human beings like a parasite, Amenuthet chose the way of sharing the body with his host, existing together in a symbiotic relationship.
The Demon and the Half demon.
They fought like berserks, ramming each other into walls or into the ground, using unknown Techniques and sword styles that made the Myama style look like stupid waving around with blades.
Finally, when Darkmind seemed to gain the upper hand, Nephres just disappeared into nothing.
“You pathetic coward!”, Darkmind screamed in rage. He let him get away again.
Then the remaining creatures attacked him.

Hinagiko, Dot Black, Ash and Rupika were now entering the main hall in front of the entrance to Dark Falz’ chamber. But they were faced with a large amount of mighty creatures. Dot Black shot a Chaos Bringer right out of the run and the falling corpse rammed into other creatures. Hinagiko and Ash found themselves surrounded by several Dimenians and Dot continued on keeping away the other creatures away from her.
Rupika fought a Dark Belra. But her Techniques didn’t seem to have any effect on the Dark Belra. It just continued walking towards Rupika on it’s small feet. Rupika backed away and found herself cornered. There was no way to escape.
The Belra lifted it’s arms to make the final strike. Rupika closed her eyes.
But nothing happened.
The Belra suddenly stopped in the middle of it’s motion and let it’s arms fall down. Then, slowly, it’s head slid off it’s shoulders. It fell backwards and decayed to dust.
“Are you okay?”, Darkmind said and helped Rupika back up. “Yeah, I’m fine, thanks.”, she said and cringed.
Darkmind knew why and didn’t even turn around or look at the creature that was approaching them and shot it with a Varista. The hit was deadly and the Chaos bringer that appeared to be the creature fell apart.
They fought the remaining creatures until no more of them were summoned.
“Darkmind, how…”, Hinagiko began.
“It’s a long, boring story. Everyone okay?”, he said.
They nodded.
“Okay. We’re almost done. We can leave this doomed place soon.”
“What awaits us behind that door?”, Ash asked.
“A Teleporter that leads us to the grave of this damn creature that caused the explosion.”, Darkmind replied. “It’s going to be tough. This is the point of no return. Possibly some of us will die, maybe everyone of us will. But there’s a chance we can make it. I ask you now: Are you with me? Now’s the time to make a decision. You can stay here and wait for the end or come with me and risk your lives a last time. It’s your choice.”
“I will go.”, Hinagiko said.
“Me too”, Dot answered.
Ash looked at Rupika. She nodded.
“Yes, the two of us as well. We’re with you. No matter if we won’t see the next sunrise.”
Darkmind smiled. “Thank you. Everyone. May the Great Light be with us.”

And then they turned around for the last battle.