PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Portable Selling numbers

Rockleept
Aug 3, 2008, 01:04 PM
I just read that Sega sells 217 000 copies of PS:P on day one,more than twice the numbers of soulcalibur IV.
Good for us Phantasy star fans :D

pikachief
Aug 3, 2008, 07:21 PM
can i have a link please? :D i wanna post it somewhere ^^

AnamanaAU
Aug 3, 2008, 07:24 PM
www.seganerds.com/2008/08/01/phantasy-star-portable-sells-217000-copies-on-day-one/

DarK-SuN
Aug 4, 2008, 06:06 AM
Awesome news!
Glad PSP is starting great in Japan, hope it keeps up and they really consider a EU/US release of it. :)

Till then, I'm enjoying my import copy of PSP. :D

AnamanaAU
Aug 4, 2008, 07:24 AM
Also note that Soul Calibur isn't that big in Japan.

Rockleept
Aug 4, 2008, 04:22 PM
Seems that sells look very good for ps: p
this article is not always accurate but it show nice pictures of ps: p in tokyo.

http://en.akibablog.net/archives/2008/08/50707252.html

Ken_Silver
Aug 5, 2008, 10:21 PM
Yay for PS:P! A step forward towards a US/EU/International release!

And now I know why we got those arkward bonus characters in SC IV: to increase appeal to the Anime fans of Japan. The same effect towards the Star Wars characters and fans of the Star Wars series.

Zarode
Aug 5, 2008, 10:59 PM
Something tells me that PS:P, if released elsewhere, won't do so hot.

What Japan likes is a lot different from what the rest of the world likes.

Ken_Silver
Aug 5, 2008, 11:34 PM

It might not do as well, but I doubt that SEGA would loose any profit in the outcome. Rather than translations, the major issue becomes packaging it up for international release. I don't see where the major loss would be...

But, hey. I am not Sega. Who knows what they will do. If we get an English patch for the game, we may not even need a International release.

Dragwind
Aug 6, 2008, 12:04 AM

I have to agree with this. I'm hoping the profit will make them want to take a chance at releasing it outside of Japan anyhow.

zonron
Aug 6, 2008, 01:53 AM
Seems that sells look very good for ps: p
this article is not always accurate but it show nice pictures of ps: p in tokyo.

http://en.akibablog.net/archives/2008/08/50707252.html

wait you guys where looking at that instead of the por- erm never mind.... there ARE better pitures on the sides though(left side middle)

Rockleept
Aug 7, 2008, 01:54 PM
Between 28 july and 3 august SEGA sold 342 000 units of PS:P.
It represente 80% of the stock.Best seller of the week with only half the week of sellings since PS:P starts at 31 july.

Ken_Silver
Aug 7, 2008, 06:45 PM
Yep. PS:P has hit the target market that Sega wanted it too. Congrats to them. Now import it over here NAO!

Kylie
Aug 7, 2008, 09:34 PM
Whoa. Who would have guessed? It kind of makes me worry though because companies tend to put the effort into the product that's making the most money; I hope it doesn't affect PSU in a negative way.

Ken_Silver
Aug 8, 2008, 01:20 PM
Whoa. Who would have guessed? It kind of makes me worry though because companies tend to put the effort into the product that's making the most money; I hope it doesn't affect PSU in a negative way.

Good point. Let's hope this doesn't cause the reverse effect and kill off PSU online.

marsprite
Aug 8, 2008, 02:57 PM
I like soulcalibur too =(
why does it have to be a contest?
I want Soul Calibur, AND Phantasy Star Portable(English)

I'd really like to see a PSP soul calibur too.. I'm having to make do with the earlier game in the series for the ps1(yay for running ps1 ISOs on cfw)
Seriously though, know what belongs in Soul Calibur instead of this stawars junk? any character from phantasy star. =)

Kizeragi
Aug 8, 2008, 03:00 PM

It won't. Don't worry. PSP isn't meant to be an online game, it's far too easy for it to be a proper one. For me, it's good for when PSU is dry, no updates and I want something to do while I wait.

SubstanceD
Aug 9, 2008, 06:54 AM
The sale numbers are incouraging, if PS Portable is a massive success in Japan then there is better chance that Sega might concider the game for an international release.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder why PS Portable is selling so much better then then it's Home Console/PC counterparts.

landman
Aug 14, 2008, 06:10 AM
Almost half a million in 2 weeks...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331269

Just out of curiosity, I wonder why PS Portable is selling so much better then then it's Home Console/PC counterparts.Because PSP sales are huge this days thanks to all the interactive Hentai UMD-Games that are releasing in Japan lol

_kenchin_
Aug 14, 2008, 06:24 AM
Almost half a million in 2 weeks...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331269

Because PSP sales are huge this days thanks to all the interactive Hentai UMD-Games that are releasing in Japan lol

i know right... alot of sexaddicts out there.

oh sh*t sakura and hinamori are in the shower... gtg ttyl.

Jian-Zero
Aug 22, 2008, 02:38 AM
According to VGchartz ending August 17, 2008, Phantasy Star Portable is still the #2 best selling game in Japan, now with over officially, more than half a million units sold. The one ahead is Nintendo's Rhythm Tengoku. The game that was #1 before August 8, Nintendo's Fire Emblem for the DS, has dropped to #5. Tales of Vesperia has dropped even further.

That's fairly good staying power. Getting #1 in the first week, then holding on #2 for two weeks now against new competitors. If this keeps up and looking like it, Phantasy Star Portable will be the best selling RPG for August in Japan.

Rockleept
Aug 22, 2008, 04:03 AM
PS:P was #1 for 2 weeks and now is number 2.