PDA

View Full Version : Do you use your classes A ranks?

Sega011
Aug 3, 2008, 03:55 PM
On my WT I've been using a spear with majarra lately... Thinking about picking up some twin sabers (Twin DBs) and playing around with them. Am I gimping myself in terms of damage by using A ranks?

Mysterious-G
Aug 3, 2008, 03:59 PM
I just went AF to use my Twin DB Swords speedy-like. ;o

Kizeragi
Aug 3, 2008, 04:01 PM
Sometimes A ranks are the better choice.

Proto07
Aug 3, 2008, 05:29 PM
Of course! Just picked up a 42% lightning hiken for 70k. Put a few grinds on it and its just as good as the Sanzu-hiken I was planning on picking up for a few mil.

dc534
Aug 3, 2008, 05:42 PM
It is true A-Ranks will remain awesome for a while, until more powerful S-Ranks come out. There are some A-Ranks that are better than S-Ranks, Twin Ruby 10-10 have more pp more acc. and more att. than 10-10 Twin Tornado's. I personally use Knuckles on my FiG, mostly for lvling the moves up. Slicers, although not a must for any fighter class, they should be considering them at least.

Some A-Ranks just look as cool as S-Ranks, I mean I love the way the Riban looks.

No you actually are probably going to be able to hit harder than a lot of the S-Rank Weapons out there, once you consider that decent to high S-Ranks go for mega bucks with grinds, and although A-Ranks that are high percent are expensive you can usually pick up like 5-6 high % A-Ranks for the price of 1 S rank of equal or most of the time less % element. Also A-Ranks grind much nicer than all S-Ranks.

Like I have said right now there is not to great a gap in s-rank and a-rank weapons.

gryphonvii
Aug 3, 2008, 08:05 PM
Twin db's are better than grnad crosses and tyrant spadacs an are easier to grind, same goes for twin durandals. I buy quite a few high end buccanners for less than a mil, I use those o my fortegunner and because of the high percent I can hit for the same as a 30% blackheart. Quality can come from the large quantities.

Hrith
Aug 3, 2008, 08:07 PM
Only when there is no choice; such as Fortegunner crossbows and spears, Fortefighter handguns, Fighgunner crossbows, Acrotecher machineguns and twin handguns, Guntecher shotgun, and so on.

Kylie
Aug 3, 2008, 08:09 PM
Yes, and I'll use an a rank over an s rank for the elemental damage.

Otherwise, I'll use the strongest (better looking in some cases ^^;).

ashley50
Aug 3, 2008, 08:09 PM
Just because they're "A Ranks" it doesn't mean they suck...

Bupon
Aug 3, 2008, 08:34 PM
On my FT I shatos. So yes, I would say I use my classes A ranks.

Fure_Rakune
Aug 3, 2008, 08:40 PM
As a Guntecher, we get S-Rank bows however I have no use for one currently since I have a Hanmateric +10 and my Shigga Bomac +10 is simply wonderful.
Im contemplating going for a Beam Vulcanic +10, but I havent bothered simply cause I love the Muzzlefever so much.

autumn
Aug 4, 2008, 03:51 AM
I love the A ranks classes get, if helps to flesh them out and add variety to them. On my AF I use claws (twin kitties or ran-misaki), twin swords (DBs), occasionally twin daggers, cards. My FT loves grinded shatos. My guntecher is mostly S ranks except her 10/10 phantom for killer shot and her buff set (kubara A runks for better photon).

Macras
Aug 4, 2008, 03:57 AM
say that to my 10/10 tiller look (3* bow) and its 690 att >>

but anyways, i usually use A ranks over S ranks unless either i like said S rank better or whatever the reason is

New_One
Aug 4, 2008, 04:00 AM
I'd prefer not too, I like to be set to use just the S-ranks which will probably be the case in the future. Although I do use A-ranks of weapons that I can use S-ranks of. *shrug*

drizzle
Aug 4, 2008, 04:04 AM
It'd be stupid to ignore your A rank weapons.

IsoDonk
Aug 4, 2008, 04:08 AM
I run as a Protranser and generally use mostly A-ranks - a load of Soda Riban 42-46% is a load more use to me than a load of similarly-priced Kan Yus, for instance.

The only issue is the eventual upgrade to S-rank equipment - I made a 50% Dark Ank Pikor, and to upgrade to anything that'll do more damage will cost roughly 15million for not a huge amount of damage; a 50% Zagza would be more like 50million!

But yeah, high percentage A-ranks are great for almost min-maxing. That suits me fine :)

Skye-Fox713
Aug 4, 2008, 04:36 AM
yes very much so, as a fortegunner I use Mechguns, and twin handguns all the time

xAmrit
Aug 4, 2008, 04:52 AM
On my Fortetecher I still use Chao Staffs, they are the best weapons I can get until I can afford 2 more Psycho Wands...

Alastor_Haven
Aug 4, 2008, 05:12 AM
It'd be stupid to ignore your A rank weapons.

Sums it up quite nice

Dealbreaker
Aug 4, 2008, 05:14 AM
I love my Twin DBs so yes A's are good. I just wish there were some better % out there. The best i have seen is like 27%

Abashi76
Aug 4, 2008, 05:15 AM
I use whips on my lvl 50 WT, I already have both its PAs and one of them is at lvl 30.

sephiroth115
Aug 4, 2008, 06:58 AM
say that to my 10/10 tiller look (3* bow) and its 690 att >>

but anyways, i usually use A ranks over S ranks unless either i like said S rank better or whatever the reason is
Oh yeah :p. I use a 10/10 Izlucre, 6*- 733 ATT. take that 10* bows.

P.S. Chao Staffs rock

Tiyr
Aug 4, 2008, 07:57 AM
My GT only gets A-rank rifles but uses them for killer shot.

My FiG only get A-Rank crossbows but I can't ever see not using them for SE3 / good ranged damage.

So yes.

Ithildin
Aug 4, 2008, 08:15 AM
Well I use Twin Ruby Bullets cos my FG can't use S ranks.

MysticGoten
Aug 4, 2008, 03:03 PM
I'd say A ranks are on top until we get all of the ultimate items the Japanese servers have that we don't :argh: