PDA

View Full Version : Where do I get Mags?

suzzopher
Aug 4, 2008, 09:15 AM
Hi I have just started the PSU AOTI and have no idea where I can get Mags. Any help would be great :)

Dhylec
Aug 4, 2008, 09:35 AM
MAG is an event going on at Colony 5F.
Mags are weapons for certain classes. You can buy them at shops or make them if you have the materials.

suzzopher
Aug 4, 2008, 09:39 AM
Mags is what I am after but I have yet to see any shops with them in.

Neith
Aug 4, 2008, 09:41 AM
It depends on what exactly you mean by Mags. In PSU, 'Mags' are split into two types- TCSM (Technic Combat Support Machine) and RCSM (Ranged Combat Support Machine).

The TCSM basically functions as a left-handed wand, allowing you to link upto 2 Technics. It's usable by the techer classes, but only Acrotecher currently gets them upto S-Rank. These are all made by GRM (with the exception of a few Kubaras), so try the GRM Shop on Parum. The weapons with 'Pit' in their names are TCSMS, and the A-Rank ones are Pegi, Pegita and Ranpegi (though you have to find Ranpegi, not buy).

RCSMs again take up your left hand, but are automated. They shoot automatically at enemies in range. While their damage isn't great, they can inflict Status Effects quite easily. The type of shot depends on 1) the element the RCSM is and 2) what rank it is. C-Ranks shoot 1 shot, B-Ranks shoot in bursts of two, A-Ranks fire a burst of 3, and S-Ranks fire a penetrating laser beam that hits multiple enemies (like a Laser Cannon). Again, these are made by GRM, so in the GRM Shop, you'd be looking at anything with 'Duke' in it's name for C and B-Ranks. The A-Rank ones are called Yactdike, Galdike and Graldike (again, you have to find Graldikes, not buy them.) The only classes able to use S-Rank RCSMs are Acrofighter and Guntecher.

Sorry for talking so much, but a lot of people get confused when they're told there's differing types of 'Mag'.

General rule is that Techer-classes use TCSMs, and Gunner classes use RCSMs.

Final thing- 'Mags' get called by a number of names. Madoog is the Japanese name for TCSM, and Shadoog is the RCSM. Additionally, they are referred to as TECH-Mag (TCSM) and R-Mag (RCSM).

Dhylec
Aug 4, 2008, 09:43 AM
Search for them by names or types. There are 2 types (range & tech), check the DB for info.
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/weapons/

suzzopher
Aug 4, 2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the help guys :)