PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys, I, "Harry Potter," am conceding from MAG killcount

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 4, 2008, 04:37 PM
I have no choice. My 360 had already been brought back to life by towels half a dozen times in the last week and I knew it wasn't going to last a great long while. I got the 3RLOD before MAG 2 even started... originally I wasn't even planning on going for first place, but that soon changed on the very first update when I occupied #1. I'm still first at the time of writing, but Crazy Vic will surpass me in an hour or two. I might have what it takes to out-endure somebody, but sometimes you just deal with the cards you've been dealt and suck it up (in this case, having had one of the old 360 models with high turnover rate). I'm sitting on a pretty hefty 104K--hopefully enough to fetch another Spread Needle by the end of week 3 (though I have my doubts). [[I'm Harry Potter on the leaderboard for kills--{edit-in}]]

unicorn
Aug 4, 2008, 04:43 PM
I dunno you cuz you play on another server, buut I've seen yer posts. Sorry to hear! :( Goodluck!!!

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 4, 2008, 04:44 PM
I dunno you cuz you play on another server, buut I've seen yer posts. Sorry to hear! :( Goodluck!!!

Thanks, it sucks but it was fun!! I didn't crash this time, but I did have a breakdown in the wee hours of the morning. I let it out, got the controller back in my hands, and kept on going at it.

holotiip
Aug 4, 2008, 04:51 PM
Good thing your doing that since your probobaly gonna get removed from the boards anyways.

Kizeragi
Aug 4, 2008, 04:51 PM
I have no choice. My 360 had already been brought back to life by towels half a dozen times in the last week and I knew it wasn't going to last a great long while. I got the 3RLOD before MAG 2 even started... originally I wasn't even planning on going for first place, but that soon changed on the very first update when I occupied #1. I'm still first at the time of writing, but Crazy Vic will surpass me in an hour or two. I might have what it takes to out-endure somebody, but sometimes you just deal with the cards you've been dealt and suck it up (in this case, having had one of the old 360 models with high turnover rate). I'm sitting on a pretty hefty 104K--hopefully enough to fetch another Spread Needle by the end of week 3 (though I have my doubts). [[I'm Harry Potter on the leaderboard for kills--{edit-in}]]

That must hurt. :/ You were going so well too. I think that 104k should get you a Spread Needle but I might be wrong. :/

DarkEliteRico
Aug 4, 2008, 04:57 PM
Sorry to hear about it man. Well congrats for getting up so high in a short time. Had my console back in about 9 days, hope they can do the same for you

Mewnie
Aug 4, 2008, 04:59 PM
Now you can put the bedpans away!

Mata
Aug 4, 2008, 05:01 PM
Good thing your doing that since your probobaly gonna get removed from the boards anyways.lol no what are you talking about

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 4, 2008, 05:07 PM
Good thing your doing that since your probobaly gonna get removed from the boards anyways.

One does not need to cheat to have a wide-lead gap in a tournament. An insatiable drive, clinging of sanity, and testing one's endurance play the largest factors to compete on the highest level. I didn't have to cheat and I don't have to lie. My runs averaged over 7 minutes--they were especially not the fastest runs. Most people ran missions more quickly than I did, but I have to remind everybody the game of seeing who can play the longest and sleep the least is the key to winning. I didn't have people play for me. Hell, if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't have had a breakdown in the early hours today.

Indica
Aug 4, 2008, 05:07 PM
That sux, sorry to hear that. Id look into a class action lawsuit against Microsoft.

Ive been helping Crazy Vic and know he's gonna be happy though

Mysterious-G
Aug 4, 2008, 05:10 PM
This world is not a fair place. ;_;

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 4, 2008, 05:10 PM
That sux, sorry to hear that. Id look into a class action lawsuit against Microsoft.

Ive been helping Crazy Vic and know he's gonna be happy though

Cool, tell him I said good luck!! He's been a real test of my sanity and I've learned a lot about the meaning of my life in the process. It might sound ridiculous because of a video game, but when you're pushed to the brink of insanity and staying up for 65 hours straight, you learn a LOT about your limits. Vic can take it easier now, though. Reks has no interest in obtaining first place. When he hits 140K he's switching to another character for a 3rd Needle.

Again, tell Vic I said hi and I hope he has no hard feelings for a great (yet short lived) competitive run.

MysticGoten
Aug 4, 2008, 05:20 PM

I tip my rifle to you. You have good input on the forums and getting to the top of the leaderboard takes a lot of effort (plus Detective Conan or Case Closed is awesome!). 65 Hours straight is crazy!!!

I've only been playing my Elite for about a month or so and am already having issues. Screw Microsoft for giving us a crappy system.

Wish you the best of luck!

My only goal is to get to level 140, I don't have the patience to go for the leaderboard. I feel satisfied hitting the counter yesterday.

Broodstar1337
Aug 4, 2008, 05:26 PM
Good. Go outside.

Truth034
Aug 4, 2008, 05:28 PM
xbox overheat when you play to much................

Kizeragi
Aug 4, 2008, 05:30 PM
Something PC/PS2 doesnt have: RROD. Which is good. xD

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 4, 2008, 05:33 PM

It happened before all of this. MS just sent me back a shit unit last time (not a falcon).

MysticGoten
Aug 4, 2008, 05:35 PM

I read the 360 manual and it says acts of God such as power outages void your 360 warranty. It also says to unplug your system if it isn't played for long periods of time (I wish I was given a number).

So every time I am done playing, I put the disc in its case, and unplug the system.

Hope for the best tomorrow because the system might freeze or malfunction at any given time and my DSL connection sucks.

Anyone else heard about this Xbox 540 Rumor (I hope its true so they fix the dam system):
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/05/12/rumor-xbox-540-360-slim-in-2009/

Mewnie
Aug 4, 2008, 05:40 PM
An insatiable drive, clinging of sanity, and testing one's endurance play the largest factors to compete on the highest level.

...but I have to remind everybody the game of seeing who can play the longest and sleep the least is the key to winning.

And this is news?
This has been a fact in online games for many a year |3

Catassery 101

ashley50
Aug 4, 2008, 05:40 PM
lol Slim?
What are they...trying to copy SONY with a 2nd version of the same system? XD

Kizeragi
Aug 4, 2008, 05:42 PM
I read the 360 manual and it says acts of God such as power outages void your 360 warranty. It also says to unplug your system if it isn't played for long periods of time (I wish I was given a number).

So every time I am done playing, I put the disc in its case, and unplug the system.

Hope for the best tomorrow because the system might freeze or malfunction at any given time and my DSL connection sucks.

Anyone else heard about this Xbox 540 Rumor (I hope its true so they fix the dam system):
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/05/12/rumor-xbox-540-360-slim-in-2009/

Oh noes, It's the Microsoft Wii60! looks like the Wii anyway xD...

ashley50
Aug 4, 2008, 05:43 PM
Microsoft is evolving into a SONY, by re-releasing a "slim" version lol

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 4, 2008, 05:47 PM
Guys, don't run too much Speed C, lemme get mah Spread Needlez!! D:

Yuicihi
Aug 4, 2008, 05:50 PM
lol Slim?
What are they...trying to copy SONY with a 2nd version of the same system? XDSony? Pfft, Sega and Nintendo were doing that years ago. :P

The MegaDrive actually got three versions, if I recall correctly.

WildArms2
Aug 4, 2008, 05:54 PM
Guys, don't run too much Speed C, lemme get mah Spread Needlez!! D:

sorry to say if you dont run anymore MAG you wont be getting a needle on that account cut off will be around 120k

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 4, 2008, 05:59 PM
sorry to say if you dont run anymore MAG you wont be getting a needle on that account cut off will be around 120k

Yeah, I figured it'd be like 126k. If my 360 is replaced promptly, then I'll spam MAG again to try and get another 40k in.

Kizeragi
Aug 4, 2008, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I figured it'd be like 126k. If my 360 is replaced promptly, then I'll spam MAG again to try and get another 40k in.

Here's hoping anyway. xD You deserve one just for lasting that long. I have to spam C ><; I'm in war with several people :p (12th right now)

Hydra632
Aug 4, 2008, 06:31 PM
Oshit its Yusaku, long time no see.

Mata
Aug 4, 2008, 07:21 PM
Nope. I'm anti cheating and glitching.

And hi, Hydra!! :)

Yep, I'm the nutty bitch Harry Potter. :P
Focas all that bawing about glitching on all the teams above heheh... on the TA boards there all glitchers who think they are good. Hell the1st place team was spamming in uni 1 last night. "hahah you all suk beat that time bitches"

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 4, 2008, 07:26 PM
Well, what can you do. I can't tell people to stop glitching if they're not in my party. People just don't care about honest to goodness competition anymore. But I feel that the killcount was a rush and I really believe that Vic is legit too.

Mata
Aug 4, 2008, 07:34 PM
Well, what can you do. I can't tell people to stop glitching if they're not in my party. People just don't care about honest to goodness competition anymore. But I feel that the killcount was a rush and I really believe that Vic is legit too.As was tidus

joefro
Aug 4, 2008, 07:37 PM
Well congratulations on getting that far. As for your 360, I would recommend doing what I did and just buying one with a Falcon chip. The Falcon chips work much, much better. And if the rumors are true, the 360 will be getting a price drop very soon.

Indica
Aug 4, 2008, 07:44 PM
What was your run times Harry Potter? When I was running with Vic the other day we were doing 5:30 runs.

Ri0T
Aug 4, 2008, 08:27 PM
Dang, ViC, yeah... i remember partying with that guy. In White Beast he would clear out entire rooms before the rest of the party could even get to them. I suppose it's no wonder he's up there on the leaderboards.

Sorry about your luck. Hearing about so much RROD really makes me worry about my own 360... although i play PSU on PC anyway.

DarkLord Hades
Aug 4, 2008, 08:58 PM
Sorry to hear about that bro... hopefully ur 360 wont b gone for too long... they had mine for like 6 weeks

Kylie
Aug 4, 2008, 09:05 PM
I don't know you personally (or impersonally for that matter), so I won't accuse you of cheating or anything like that if you say you didn't. And I just have to say "ouch" at your situation. :$ I would be pissed if I had the motivation to spam MAG C in the first place and something like this happened.

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 5, 2008, 02:17 AM
What was your run times Harry Potter? When I was running with Vic the other day we were doing 5:30 runs.

7-8 minute runs. It definitely wasn't the speed of the runs that had me up there on the list, but my horrendously long marathons and nearly no sleep. Out of the last 120 or so hours, I've slept 14. I plan on sleeping for a VERY long time tonight.

Seority
Aug 5, 2008, 06:18 AM
Remember kids that teh XBoX version has issues with the robots in the mines. XBoX's tend to lag bad around them, so it's harder for XBoX players to get good times.
Oh wait...
They are leading the TA boards ten-fold.
My mistake.
:/

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 5, 2008, 10:42 AM
Remember kids that teh XBoX version has issues with the robots in the mines. XBoX's tend to lag bad around them, so it's harder for XBoX players to get good times.
Oh wait...
They are leading the TA boards ten-fold.
My mistake.
:/

Um cool, I don't play TA. And there isn't robot slowdown in the Mines.

DreXxiN
Aug 5, 2008, 10:51 AM
...WOW DUDE..

I have more respect now that I know ( I think?) That you've dont i legitally. Was calling you Tidus the sequal for awhile..I'd...definitely stab myself if that happened to me.

Seority
Aug 5, 2008, 11:15 AM
Oh? So there is no more slow down?
I see, I see.
I didn't accuse you have glitching either, just the TAers.

Most people just got upset because your characters name is "Harry Potter".

CelestialBlade
Aug 5, 2008, 12:33 PM
Rule for leading the killcount board: You MUST have a funny name, or you didn't do it right.

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 5, 2008, 01:25 PM
I thought Harry Potter winning a tournament would have been epic.

SStrikerR
Aug 5, 2008, 01:59 PM
Chuck Norris would be more epek.

Brainwrecked
Aug 6, 2008, 05:07 AM
Microsoft is evolving into a SONY, by re-releasing a "slim" version lol

Slim? That's what has them in the spot they're in now! 360 too slim = not enough cooling.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://images.anandtech.com/reviews/system/microsoft/xbox360/therm_removed.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

See how big the CPU heat sink is compared to the GPU heat sink? They had to make room for the optical drive. If they would have just made the 360 a little wider or taller, the GPU heat sink could have been bigger, and residual heat wouldn't be frying the things.

Seority
Aug 6, 2008, 11:40 AM
A glitching team called, "Beat that Bitches!" is NOT funny.
>:P

CelestialBlade
Aug 6, 2008, 01:08 PM
Slim? That's what has them in the spot they're in now! 360 too slim = not enough cooling.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://images.anandtech.com/reviews/system/microsoft/xbox360/therm_removed.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

See how big the CPU heat sink is compared to the GPU heat sink? They had to make room for the optical drive. If they would have just made the 360 a little wider or taller, the GPU heat sink could have been bigger, and residual heat wouldn't be frying the things.
Holy jesus. That thing could barely keep an ice cube cold.

Orin654
Aug 20, 2008, 07:00 PM
Ouch... 104k was passed today. Sorry man.