PDA

View Full Version : Al-Senba and orpa-senba

Guitarsmasher
Aug 5, 2008, 10:35 PM
Why does Al-senba currently cost 5 mill less than orpa-senba in player shops when it clearly has better stats and the slots are the same? Is there something i should know before i buy it?

BioWarrior
Aug 5, 2008, 11:02 PM
I believe al-senba is force only where any class can use orpa.

Guitarsmasher
Aug 5, 2008, 11:28 PM
thats the only reason why it's down 5 mill? So it isnt a crappy armor?and im a FT....OMGWTFBBQWIN

thanks ^_^

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 5, 2008, 11:31 PM
Also note that there is no Al-senba board available so the best % you can find is 30. The best Orpa-senba % you can get is 50, so this is another reason why the Orpa-senba costs more.

McLaughlin
Aug 5, 2008, 11:41 PM
Plus the Orpa-senba needs to be synthesized, so the material costs factor into the final price of the armor.

relentless
Aug 6, 2008, 01:41 AM
Also note that there is no Al-senba board available so the best % you can find is 30..

Actually I have possessed / seen 41% weapons before. (Crimsons)
I personally think they can go up to 50% anyways, just extremely rare.
Unless it is different for armours plus confirmed somewhere that it only goes up to 30%.

Also, I think Orpa-senba is a good alternative to Serafi-senba if you can't manage to get one and/or if you aren't a CAST.

Old Sloppy
Aug 6, 2008, 01:56 AM
Actually I have possessed / seen 41% and 49% weapons before. (Crimsons)
I personally think they can go up to 50% anyways, just extremely rare.
Unless it is different for armours plus confirmed somewhere that it only goes up to 30%.

Also, I think Orpa-senba is a good alternative to Serafi-senba if you can't manage to get one and/or if you aren't a CAST.

No you haven't

relentless
Aug 6, 2008, 02:34 AM
Well, I guess I got owned for now for not being able to take a screenie of that Crimson... <_<

Old Sloppy
Aug 6, 2008, 02:50 AM
Well, I guess I got owned for now for not being able to take a screenie of that Crimson... <_<

thats why they say "pic or it didn't happen"

IsoDonk
Aug 6, 2008, 02:55 AM
If you're on 360, do a search sorted by attribute for the Neiclaw - a drop-only weapon. There's definitely 40%+ ones available.

mvffin
Aug 6, 2008, 02:59 AM
SINGLE ELEMENT weapons and armor can drop with % above 40.

Everything else does not.

Old Sloppy
Aug 6, 2008, 03:40 AM
I will give a stack to anyone who just shows me 49% weapon.

I also see you decided to edit you post\\

edit; this would need to be a made weapon

Old Sloppy
Aug 6, 2008, 03:43 AM
I will also give a stack to anyone who shows me a made weapon that has an odd number percentage

Old Sloppy
Aug 6, 2008, 03:44 AM

I will also give a stack to anyone who show me a weapon with dual elements as opposed to single element

relentless
Aug 6, 2008, 03:49 AM
I also see you decided to edit you post

Yes. lol And I think one could guess why, plus my point was valid. Dude, don't stretch it.

On-topic:
Another reason as to why it's more expensive, it's rarer in general. I'm sure there's been tons more Al-senba than Orpa-senba (boards) out there.
And stats isn't always the only thing, look at Musrana and Tuma prices, or H. Viper and T. Tornado prices.

edit:
triple-posting waving with your haxeta isn't exactly helpful.
I don't see why you're up to such a thing anyways since I never said you can synth odd numbered weapons.

Old Sloppy
Aug 6, 2008, 03:57 AM
I will apologize to the OP for being OT.

Off topic:

Crimson's don't drop made do they?

BTW, 360

relentless
Aug 6, 2008, 03:59 AM
There is a mission called Forest of Illusion, I don't know if you heard of it, but it randomly can appear on Moatoob... well, check out yourself:

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu-findings/4/235/forest_of_illusion_s/

*cough* Normal Box Findings *cough*

IsoDonk
Aug 6, 2008, 04:14 AM

Ah - didn't know that, cheers for clearing it up.

desturel
Aug 6, 2008, 07:20 AM
No you haven't

I have a 35% fuka-misaki (forest of Illusion), 37% Rabol Cati (True Darkness S2) and 31% sori-senba (Seed Awakening S) that I can show you if you are on the xbox 360.

Any single element item (Crimson, Fuka, Vish Adan, Sori-senba etc) can go up to 50% on random drops. Unfortunately anything that can come in multiple elements I haven't seen above 30%.

desturel
Aug 6, 2008, 07:29 AM

Off topic:

BTW, 360

Since you are on 360, 31% Vish Adan and 31% sori-senba are up in shop (max meseta lol) for display. Since I'm headed to work I don't have time to switch to other characters and put everything I have above 30% on display.

Crimson drops in forest of illusion.

Also remember anything with an odd percentage is a drop. Made weapons are always even. Drops can be odd or even. Drops that have multiple elements can be anywhere from 1% to at least 30% (I'm sure I've seen a durandal replica above 30%, but I can't remember so I won't say for sure).

I also have a high percentage nei-claw, but again, it's on a different character.

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 6, 2008, 11:29 AM
Alright, to anyone saying that there are 30+% Al-senbas (Note: that was the only item I mentioned in my post so please stop assuming I mean every item that does not have a board) you are wrong. Do a search if you want but the highest % I have ever seen in a player's store is 29%.

As for the other items that were mentioned, please stay on topic. I could care less if you saw a Crimson or Neiclaw with higher than 30%. Also note that both of these items are fire-only so this may be another reason why these items work differently.

mvffin
Aug 6, 2008, 02:47 PM

Off topic:

BTW, 360

Wow, this guy knows a lot.

Soukosa
Aug 6, 2008, 07:48 PM
Alright, to anyone saying that there are 30+% Al-senbas (Note: that was the only item I mentioned in my post so please stop assuming I mean every item that does not have a board) you are wrong. Do a search if you want but the highest % I have ever seen in a player's store is 29%.
Did a search for Al-senba on the JP server for the highest elemental percent and this was it:
http://soukosa.amesani.org/psu/images/alsenba30.jpg

As for the rest of the nay-sayers, I did a search on Durandal Repca as well and 13*+ shield lines (since the crystals for them don't drop yet they can't be synthed) and they both came up with 30% as the highest percent. For something like Nei Claw, the highest was 37% so fixed element things do seem to be able to go past 30%.