PDA

View Full Version : My complaints about online PSO

llxerollenyce
Jan 29, 2003, 12:11 PM
Argh where to being....

1) the LAG!. It pisses me off! my first time online i saw delsabers right arm, 2 sbeats arms, 1 hilderbear head, and like 6 unidentified red boxes. Out of the WHOLE day i managed to snag only 1 sbeats arms!. Almost all the time im on top of the boxes and i press A constantly but when i check my item list, nothing is there! This really ticks me off. I dont find it fun if a enemy drops a rare weapon and someone runs and picks it up even tho im on top of it pressing A!. ARGH

2) THE FSOD! out of 1 and 1/4 days of being online i had already been "buzz" FSOD 3 times!. This is getting out of hand! Im afraid i will get my character corrupted this way! What is going on here? Were paying Sega 10.00 a month and they cant fix this stupid problem? This is worse than VErsion 1!. If my character gets corrupted and i lose everythin then forget it. Im callin sega and cancelling the stupid HL and selling my cube, keyboard, pso on ebay!

3) NO ONE TALKS!! This is nothing like the dreamcast versions!. The whole point of PSO for me was to chat. No one has a keyboard and no one talks! If they do talk it takes them forever! Back in the Dreamcast days PSO was considered a chat room with a side quest of killing stuff. This is pointless. The NPC have been replaced by Humans who barely talk.

4)HOly cow no one is online!! PSO ep 1 and 2 is so friggin empty!. There used to be like 3000 people on in the dreamcast version, now its like 700. Dammit. This really isnt good and im starting to question if the game really is worth the 10.00 a month.

Man. I expected so much from GC PSO. It turned out to be one of those dissapointments.

Atax
Jan 29, 2003, 12:17 PM
On 2003-01-29 09:11, llxerollenyce wrote:
Argh where to being....

1) the LAG!. It pisses me off! my first time online i saw delsabers right arm, 2 sbeats arms, 1 hilderbear head, and like 6 unidentified red boxes. Out of the WHOLE day i managed to snag only 1 sbeats arms!. Almost all the time im on top of the boxes and i press A constantly but when i check my item list, nothing is there! This really ticks me off. I dont find it fun if a enemy drops a rare weapon and someone runs and picks it up even tho im on top of it pressing A!. ARGH

It is 99% likely that your ISP that is at fault, how far you live from your dial up number can generate a impact too. There is already BB, too....

2) THE FSOD! out of 1 and 1/4 days of being online i had already been "buzz" FSOD 3 times!. This is getting out of hand! Im afraid i will get my character corrupted this way! What is going on here? Were paying Sega 10.00 a month and they cant fix this stupid problem? This is worse than VErsion 1!. If my character gets corrupted and i lose everythin then forget it. Im callin sega and cancelling the stupid HL and selling my cube, keyboard, pso on ebay!

That FSOD would be because of the recent
patch' to the server.

3) NO ONE TALKS!! This is nothing like the dreamcast versions!. The whole point of PSO for me was to chat. No one has a keyboard and no one talks! If they do talk it takes them forever! Back in the Dreamcast days PSO was considered a chat room with a side quest of killing stuff. This is pointless. The NPC have been replaced by Humans who barely talk.

Ummmm.... Maybe thats because there has been no release of a KB outside Japan, and only those with money to burn can buy one.

4)HOly cow no one is online!! PSO ep 1 and 2 is so friggin empty!. There used to be like 3000 people on in the dreamcast version, now its like 700. Dammit. This really isnt good and im starting to question if the game really is worth the 10.00 a month.

Sure your hanging out on the right server/ship/block/lobby?

Raist
Jan 29, 2003, 12:20 PM
rrrrrant!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
heh, yeah we all were kinda dissappointed by all these things. The online experience for Dreamcast was much better...well before NOLs, PKs, Cks, FSODs, BSODs, etc. etc. etc. But other than that DC online owned GC online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nawms
Jan 29, 2003, 01:51 PM
How come everyone with avatars of sonic nearly always complain about PSO?

Buuyon
Jan 29, 2003, 01:54 PM
Because they like sonic...

ABDUR101
Jan 29, 2003, 01:59 PM
On 2003-01-29 09:20, Raist wrote:
rrrrrant!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And how!

*moves to the Rant forum*

Vantamiath
Jan 31, 2003, 01:56 AM
On 2003-01-29 09:11, llxerollenyce wrote:
Argh where to being....

This is most likely due to your ISP not others'.

If you dislike PSO enough to cringe at starting over, maybe you should sell your supplies...

Go to Antares 8 (PSOW), it is KB central.

Man. I expected so much from GC PSO. It turned out to be one of those dissapointments.

Actually more people own the GC version, but play at more spread-out times. Theres over 2000 people on USA at night on some days. Doesnt matter anyways, 3 is all you need to play http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif