PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 3* Luck Gone?

Micro
Aug 8, 2008, 01:04 AM
Seems like our luck ran out early.. :roll:

Alastor_Haven
FUCK YEAHHHHHHH
ROLLLLL BAKCKKK

ashley50
dam u beat me to it ;l

can we have a rollback yet? ;p

Alastor_Haven
Aug 8, 2008, 01:05 AM
IN YO FACE

Clunker
Aug 8, 2008, 01:09 AM
oohellno.

Almeho
Aug 8, 2008, 01:13 AM
I found it so weird to see 1* next to my chars name when I was running a mission. I wonder what's up...

AGENT0
Aug 8, 2008, 01:13 AM
360 has no luck either.

Jerriel
Aug 8, 2008, 01:15 AM
What the hael i want my DAMN LUCK

EurekaX
Aug 8, 2008, 01:16 AM
GIB MEH 3* LUCK BACK NAO!!!!

joefro
Aug 8, 2008, 01:18 AM
If this is happening on both servers, this seems planned to me.

Almeho
Aug 8, 2008, 01:19 AM
I didn't see any "official" statement on the official website, either. And, there isn't any maintenace tonight. Also, along with this sudden loss of luck, has anyone noticed the server has been really buggy/laggy today? Like, it's been slower than usual accessing your PM/items/changing servers/etc. Anyone else notice that?

HienkyakuX
Aug 8, 2008, 01:19 AM
Well at least we still have the synth bonus. Now about the luck I don't mind not having it now if they give us that last week of 3* during the 10% grind bonus.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 8, 2008, 01:23 AM
I didn't see any "official" statement on the official website, either. And, there isn't any maintenace tonight. Also, along with this sudden loss of luck, has anyone noticed the server has been really buggy/laggy today? Like, it's been slower than usual accessing your PM/items/changing servers/etc. Anyone else notice that?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148393

Why yes

It's Laggy as shit

EurekaX
Aug 8, 2008, 01:23 AM

Yes, EXTREMELY slow. It would take me so long just to access my items.

Almeho
Aug 8, 2008, 01:31 AM
Alright, just making sure it wasn't just me or anything....

DSlayer
Aug 8, 2008, 01:31 AM
I am not happy, not happy at all. =(

Fure_Rakune
Aug 8, 2008, 01:34 AM
I dont know why I put up with this game.
Its like a bad relationship, just putting up with this shit for a brighter tomorrow.
Its been dark for many days now, and the lights getting dimmer...

doomkilledu
Aug 8, 2008, 02:04 AM
not planned chill already notified sega about it aparently its not suppose to

Alastor_Haven
Aug 8, 2008, 02:04 AM
Yawn -.-

Para
Aug 8, 2008, 02:21 AM
Lag killed the 3* luck.

goldbrease
Aug 8, 2008, 02:22 AM
we demand 3 months of 3 star luck for this insurrection!
edit and rare drop rate to be increased by OVER 9000%!

Turb0
Aug 8, 2008, 02:28 AM
They're going to do maintenance at 1 AM pacific to fix it.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=990380#990380

beatrixkiddo
Aug 8, 2008, 02:30 AM
So in 30 minutes.

To steal ceresa's explanation: we got the two weeks of 3* luck, one for PS2/PC and one for 360 ;o

Tenini
Aug 8, 2008, 02:35 AM
So... first I had 3*... then all of a sudden I had 2*... thats weird.... THEN.... No * ..... wtf????

:-x

Alastor_Haven
Aug 8, 2008, 03:11 AM
Hmm..

The servers are still up

FAIL

Xaeris
Aug 8, 2008, 03:30 AM
The GMs have a very curious perception of time.

Indica
Aug 8, 2008, 03:32 AM
LOL at everyone who bought luck

CelestialBlade
Aug 8, 2008, 03:33 AM
Maintenance begins now. 3* luck is blown WAAAAAAY out of proportion, I just hope they fix the friggin lag.

Celi-Ka
Aug 8, 2008, 03:35 AM
I just hope the quick downtime will help the lag issue a little, if at all. Luck is nice, but it would be nice if my game didn't freeze/lag like hell on a Time Attack run.

Micro
Aug 8, 2008, 03:36 AM
Yeah the lag was pretty annoying today, hopefully they do something about it. >.>

Alastor_Haven
Aug 8, 2008, 03:39 AM
Fuck yeah

The lag was horrid

- Lays trap
???????
- Lays trap
???????

KABOOOOOOOM

Oh now it works :(

caboose1988
Aug 8, 2008, 03:40 AM
how long till they fix the luck will it normally take ...seeing how they just shut down the servers

Almeho
Aug 8, 2008, 03:41 AM
A buddy of mine think hell froze over since ST is doing something quickly about it (the luck) :lol:. I think they'll be rollin' if they can fix up the lag issues. 3* can come and go, but I wanna enjoy the game without lag more.

caboose1988
Aug 8, 2008, 03:44 AM
ya the lag sucks but its worst for me though cuz im rolling off the old school psu v1....still cant find anyone online who isnt askin for 50 bucks on a used ps2 game

caboose1988
Aug 8, 2008, 04:07 AM
and the servers are still down ....

AiK0
Aug 8, 2008, 04:12 AM
I thought we were having 3* for 2 weeks (or was it 1 week)? Or did time go so fast? My luck went from 2* to 1* then to nothing.

Turb0
Aug 8, 2008, 04:22 AM
I thought we were having 3* for 2 weeks (or was it 1 week)? Or did time go so fast? My luck went from 2* to 1* then to nothing.

Didn't read the whole thread did you? It was supposed to be 2 weeks which is why servers are down right now. They're having a "brief" maintenance to give everyone 3* for another week.

Indica
Aug 8, 2008, 04:34 AM
It seems they maybe fixing the lag issue because it does not take an hour to bring back 3*

Im really starting to question how Sega performs backups of the server data. Normally you cant backup a database while it is in use. So if Sega has to physically bring down the servers to activate 3* Luck then they have to physically bring the server offline to perform a backup.

That's pretty scary because if the database got corrupted and let's say no maintenance was done for 2 weeks, then that would mean a 2 week roll-back of the database.

Para
Aug 8, 2008, 05:59 AM
Things seem a bit better now... maybe they were forced to restart the server.

Nobby
Aug 8, 2008, 07:41 AM
It seems they maybe fixing the lag issue because it does not take an hour to bring back 3*

Im really starting to question how Sega performs backups of the server data. Normally you cant backup a database while it is in use. So if Sega has to physically bring down the servers to activate 3* Luck then they have to physically bring the server offline to perform a backup.

That's pretty scary because if the database got corrupted and let's say no maintenance was done for 2 weeks, then that would mean a 2 week roll-back of the database.
Databases can run 24/7 and backups are normally done by taking saves of deltas (changes) or by full online backup with the changes during the backup also saved. It is good practice to stop the service if you wish to tidy up inverted lists and recover space so a weekly houskeeping is no bad thing.
All changes are logged so your data should be safe unless a true disaster (fire etc.) occurs when only the last point in time that was sent offsite would be available for recovery.

Kizeragi
Aug 8, 2008, 07:44 AM
Luck is overated.

Rust
Aug 8, 2008, 09:07 AM
- Lays trap
???????

PROFIT !

Fixed. :grin:

And yeah, luck is overrated. 3* luck isn't really changing anything, to me. Well, I might have got a Paradi Cataract in The Dark God B and rappy spawns in three MAG runs in a row, but I still consider it as a mere coincidence.

DoubleK93
Aug 8, 2008, 09:15 AM
My male cast still has 3* luck. Yay me!

Darius_Drake
Aug 8, 2008, 11:14 AM

Thanks for rubbing it in. :( LOL!!! Just jealous.

Would everyone be cool if ST would bring down the server every week even when there are no updates if they used the time to fix certain things in the game (like lag due to robot explosions)?

Rust
Aug 8, 2008, 11:21 AM
(like lag due to robot explosions)?

They'll never fix that.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 8, 2008, 12:09 PM
Glad I grinded my Twin Ruby to 9/9 before this happened. Still, I had lots of A-ranks I wanted to get out the way.

Ken_Silver
Aug 8, 2008, 01:10 PM
LOL, I remember when people used to complain about having 3* luck. Now we want it all of the sudden?

By no means does that mean that Sega should get away with another failure...

Nevertheless, is the 3* luck gone for good? Or did it come back?

And if we get another rollback, I'm going to have break my foot off in Sega's ***. :mad:

Darius_Drake
Aug 8, 2008, 01:15 PM
LOL, I remember when people used to complain about having 3* luck. Now we want it all of the sudden?

By no means does that mean that Sega should get away with another failure...

Nevertheless, is the 3* luck gone for good? Or did it come back?

And if we get another rollback, I'm going to have break my foot off in Sega's ***. :mad:

I have a funny feeling your going to have to start a breakin'. LOL!!!!

jobber
Aug 8, 2008, 01:40 PM

heck yeah!

^5

Seriously...I hope they save the rest of our luck until we get the grind bonus.

Kinako78
Aug 8, 2008, 03:22 PM
Is it still a problem? Cause I have 3* luck and so does my friend that I'm with.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 8, 2008, 03:32 PM
It's fixed

Para
Aug 8, 2008, 03:33 PM
We baw when there's 3* luck but does jack.
We baw when there no luck.

Rust
Aug 8, 2008, 04:07 PM
Is it still a problem? Cause I have 3* luck and so does my friend that I'm with.

I don't think so, I just checked and I have 3* luck with my four characters. (All of them with a different race / gender combo.)

goldbrease
Aug 8, 2008, 04:37 PM
We baw when there's 3* luck but does jack.
We baw when there no luck.

well we baw because the luck doesn't increase the drop rate of rares just the chance for mobs to drop an item.

now we could look at it like this. a mob drops loot in a... hmmm well look at it this way. lets take the booma for example. it has 40 boxes, when its killed one box is opened and whatever is in that box is the item it drops. on 0 star luck it only has loot in 7 boxes, on 1 it has 14 on 2 it has 21 and on 3 it has 32 boxes that have an item inside and is not empty meaning no item.

the items in the box are based on a rare multiplier which is unknown but amplified during events (sometimes). every booma spawned into a mission has its items in its boxes set into it when it spawns. some may have half its boxes filled with monomates or booma claws, some may be full of nothing but meseta.

relentless
Aug 8, 2008, 04:39 PM
No... you guys got it wrong. People baww because it's useless (most of the time) without anything decent like the grinding boost, so now people are bawwwing because we get Grinding Boost without the 3* luck because then it actually would be useful. ;l
And I'm talking about the ones that are too lazy or too pessimistic about how it's hard to get 3* luck without a 3* luck period...