PDA

View Full Version : s rank mag run so hard

Saintv5d
Aug 8, 2008, 08:07 AM
Has any one had the s run where everything is buffed out and all the creatures are on crack. If so why were they upgraded, It was like I did not have armor on at all with delette line ground 22% and legsless rainbow. Bil was 1 shoting us hit me for 2489 on 1 shot.

linkz4461(x)
Aug 8, 2008, 08:10 AM
im lvl 140 i solo S while only having to use 4 trimates whole run =P

Dragon_Knight
Aug 8, 2008, 08:15 AM
Meh somwetimes they do seem to be hopped up on something from time to time. I know there have been runs (with me wearing NO armor at all) where I hardly seem to take damage or die even in an ogre vanda flame bang or megid storm. Then there are runs where I'm wearing a 28% dark armor with a legless rainbow (for a total of what...46%?) AND an aura field yet I'm still getting fragged from both damage and megid left and right.

Akaimizu
Aug 8, 2008, 08:22 AM
Bil de Vear 1 shotting? I guess it depends on your level. I mean, I can see the Bil killing a high level stunned player with the spinning move, but that's about it. Technically, the only thing my Guntecher at lvl 133 fears is the effect of a Megid and even then, we're talking about maybe 1 death in a run. (Though there is the definite chance of getting 2 for 1 killed in the Ruins by one of those Megid deaths and then another one hitting you as you stand up due to the rate of how their triple Megid fires and your standing recovery time.)

On lower levels, I already have equipment to just about 0 out the Megids on that character. Just need to buy that one armor upgrade I forget to grab last time I played. That legless Rainbow.

shadowsniper6
Aug 8, 2008, 08:56 AM
i soloed S from 119 to 140
its not that bad

Saintv5d
Aug 8, 2008, 10:23 AM
I 've done mag s lots of times and i've never ran into this before. Last night my last run the creatures was on crack 1 shots our group our group was 122 125 140 and 140. all the creatures was 143+ i've never had this happen before. I was wondering if this happened because it was the last week of mag or if it was random luck

Aries2384
Aug 8, 2008, 10:36 AM
Has any one had the s run where everything is buffed out and all the creatures are on crack. If so why were they upgraded, It was like I did not have armor on at all with delette line ground 22% and legsless rainbow. Bil was 1 shoting us hit me for 2489 on 1 shot.

I have two suggestions. One.. it was probably lag issues that made it seem like the monsters were stronger. The enemies were not "upgraded". Two.. Er.. shush. You're complaining about a "hard" run? IMHO, this game could use a hard run. Every run in this game can be walked through with minimal party support. Hell even when we get WB S2, we will demolish all enemies in our way. With a good balanced party, the S run should not even be difficult. It sounds to me that you are partying with "MAG noobs' " ..you know.. people that got up that lvl during mag and dont have any photon arts to show for it, except for Dus Majara at lvl 40.

Seority
Aug 8, 2008, 10:40 AM
Try to solo the Gaozoran map on S in Lonely Lab. A good 10 or 12 Bil De Vears to fight. One room has 3 at one time. :)
Note: You don't have to knock them back to make them spin. They do that on their own. Also, they have triple foie, which is insta kill for everyone as of now.
Good times. =)

DreXxiN
Aug 8, 2008, 11:15 AM
Meh somwetimes they do seem to be hopped up on something from time to time. I know there have been runs (with me wearing NO armor at all) where I hardly seem to take damage or die even in an ogre vanda flame bang or megid storm. Then there are runs where I'm wearing a 28% dark armor with a legless rainbow (for a total of what...46%?) AND an aura field yet I'm still getting fragged from both damage and megid left and right.

Sorry buddy, dark armor has NOTHING To do with megid killing you any less.

dc534
Aug 8, 2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah you need end to stop from getting one shot'd. I actually survived 5 of the carriguine megids before dying, from the damage it was dealing and not being one shot'd. It may have been luck or the fact that my end is over 21.

Ken_Silver
Aug 8, 2008, 01:05 PM
What makes MAG S rank hard is those dang Vandas in the cave. Why do Earth element monsters shoot out fire attacks anyway?

I wouldn't even dream of soloing it.

Lv 100 WT with DB armor and an all A ranked Palette minus Usarana, Gudda Skela and Fuka-Misaki.

Andy1423
Aug 8, 2008, 01:09 PM

I don't know. I had a 50% light armor on and megid was an instant death everytime....and NO the damage did not kill me.

Kylie
Aug 8, 2008, 01:14 PM
It can be hard if you're not LV120+, especially at those pesky vandas in the caves. It can also be hard if you're just starting a new class, but it's pretty easy under other circumstances.

Darius_Drake
Aug 8, 2008, 01:26 PM
Maybe I am crazy, but I thought I noticed it as well. Usually if I tried to solo mag I would have an easy time of it. From time to time though it would seem as if the creatures took steroids or something. I normally don't have to worry about dying even in the caves with the vanda. I am a level 135 beast level 20 fortefighter and I usually introduce the vandas to my invincible beast. I have two spear, two axe, and a knuckle pa maxed at 40. Most of the others are in their 30's. I usually run through easily, but every blue moon it seems like the monsters get p.o.ed at me and change into super monsters and try to exact revenge.

Dragon_Knight
Aug 8, 2008, 09:30 PM
DreXxiN- Well I didn't mean megid's effect exclusivly...there have been numbers of runs where despite the hyped up dark armor I get killed loads of times from megids damage or Delsabers/Carriguies attacks. They just seem out to get me and the others when we all put on armor to counter their element. Yet without armor at all (which I sometimes do since I don't notice a whole lot of damage reduction with a line sheild on anyway) they seem to tone down a bit.

Mata
Aug 8, 2008, 09:46 PM
Takes me 20mins to solo on my 130 beast fortefighter
Not hard at all....only thing that gets me is that damned megid

Saintv5d
Aug 8, 2008, 11:05 PM
omg darrius ty so much i thought it was just me. You rock.

goldbrease
Aug 9, 2008, 12:37 AM
I was wondering if this happened because it was the last week of mag or if it was random luck

um mag is 3 weeks.

DarkLord Hades
Aug 9, 2008, 12:39 AM
im lvl 140 i solo S while only having to use 4 trimates whole run =P

INDEED!!! Well... I use at least 10 but yeah...

WhiteKnight01
Aug 10, 2008, 10:15 AM
I love it when its gets hard it gives me an excuses to use resta, on wb giresta would handle everything but here I usualy have to cast it every 20 seconds just one more lv to go and I can start on a new resta

ashley50
Aug 10, 2008, 10:19 AM
you're just weak, that's why you get KO'd a lot ;/...

dodge...

Kizeragi
Aug 10, 2008, 11:08 AM
I can solo it with a 118/20 CAST Fortefighter. Not hard due to the 50% less HP.

shintaHakamashi
Aug 10, 2008, 11:16 AM
I have two suggestions. One.. it was probably lag issues that made it seem like the monsters were stronger. The enemies were not "upgraded". Two.. Er.. shush. You're complaining about a "hard" run? IMHO, this game could use a hard run. Every run in this game can be walked through with minimal party support. Hell even when we get WB S2, we will demolish all enemies in our way. With a good balanced party, the S run should not even be difficult. It sounds to me that you are partying with "MAG noobs' " ..you know.. people that got up that lvl during mag and dont have any photon arts to show for it, except for Dus Majara at lvl 40.

theres a thing where it lags and when u go to a new map it takes all ur armor and slots in ur armor off. also had a problem were i lagged at 1 point and all suddenly my cloths where off xD.but there is a chance this happens to u. i had friends that happen to also so idk. its all weird. :P

Triple_S
Aug 10, 2008, 02:00 PM
I'm not at S MAG yet (I've had my account for around 7-8 months now and don't have a single character above 100), but the only thing I can recommend if you're having those troubles is stay back and shoot. It's a universally-known fact that if it's too dangerous to get up close, hang back and use ranged attacks. This is easier for the gunner types, but everyone can do it as long as they have a handgun. Your bullet levels should be great from shooting so much, too, so that's a plus. I got Frozen Fury from like level 5 to the high 11+ range and I don't even run that much. Hell, my Xbow PA is at 10 now.

Tetsaru
Aug 10, 2008, 02:47 PM

Well... yes and no. Status effects in the game can only be inflicted if damage is dealt. Since KO is technically a status effect (AKA Incapacitation, if you look at the Megid and Killer Shot PA's), damage has to be inflicted first in order for the KO to take effect. So, given that you had a dark armor with a high enough % on it to negate all the damage you received from a Megid attack, then yes, it WOULD help you... although I'd also say that your character's MST and STA stats would also affect that.

But, since you're playing on S rank, you'd be hard-pressed trying to do that, even at max levels. Imo, just keep an eye on what's going on around you (especially with Carriguines and other Megid-flingers present), and if you see a purple blob flying at you... move the hell out of the way, lol. It's not that hard to do, so long as you aren't caught up in beating the shit out of everything in front of you.

Indica
Aug 10, 2008, 02:54 PM
I guess it depends on your LV because my LV135 Newman force has far less HP regardless and for that area I use 30% Earth Orpa-Senba and Sleep/Resist and I can take several beatings and Spin Attack from Bil De Vear no problem at all.

Noblewine
Aug 10, 2008, 09:23 PM
It has it's tough spots like the last part of the mines. You should probably make a party to run it on S.

Rust
Aug 10, 2008, 09:43 PM
Well, I just entered S yesterday once I got to 80, and it isn't very hard. Indeed, I don't go here alone, but I don't see the mobs dealing me that much more damage than they used to do on A.
I have a shitty B-rank armor and I usually don't die more than once a run, and from a megid.

Well, the fact I'm leveling ForteGunner for MAG helps not being shot all the way, but I mainly use crossbow, handgun, shotgun, dagger and saber, so I'm not that far from the battlefield. Not being hit once in the last room of Ruins helps for the purpose of not dying, too.