PDA

View Full Version : Grinding Woes

Trvgear
Aug 9, 2008, 04:15 PM
So, I want to start this out by stating that I never grind much....ever, too paranoid thinking that every single weapon that I attempt will break.

Turns out my paranoia was correct.

One of my friends recently started grinding like a mad man because of the ten percent boost, and generally walks away with a 7-9 if not a 10/10. With his success encouraging me I decided to give grinding a try (a 7/9 Chao Staff a friend had given me).

I was using A+10's, it broke on the first grind
Got it up to 2/8, broke on the third with chances very high.

I chalked it up to being an unlucky day for me, but this has happened to me every time I try to grind.

Now, am I doing something wrong, are Chao staffs not good for grinding, or am I just an unlucky bastard?

relentless
Aug 9, 2008, 04:17 PM
You're unlucky.
The grinding boost isn't in effect yet.

edit:
Keep trying. Don't be pessimistic about it. It's like saying you're scared of synthing as well if it's not 100%. And that, is bullshit.

Indica
Aug 9, 2008, 04:17 PM
We didnt get the grind boost yet

Trvgear
Aug 9, 2008, 04:22 PM
You're unlucky.
The grinding boost isn't in effect yet.

edit:
Keep trying. Don't be pessimistic about it. It's like saying you're scared of synthing as well if it's not 100%. And that, is bullshit.

Ahhh, ok I thought it was a previous reward (didn't take place in the last event).

I might just hold off grinding anything until then....

relentless
Aug 9, 2008, 04:23 PM
That's a good idea.
Patience is one of the keys you need for PSU anyways.

Trvgear
Aug 9, 2008, 04:24 PM
That's a good idea.
Patience is one of the keys you need for PSU anyways.

Indeed it is, indeed it is.

I'll just buy a luck boost from the lady at the Neaduiz temple since our super luck will be gone then as well...

dc534
Aug 9, 2008, 04:27 PM
No Grinding boost yet and this is the last week of the synth bonus, so please everyone start synthing like mad. I dont know i had some recent luck, Pushan 8-8 and a desta 9-9.

relentless
Aug 9, 2008, 04:28 PM
For that matter, if none of your 4 chars have 3 luck on that day, just pay the lowest option with all 4 chars and repeat after the affection is gone from the Shrine Maiden.
Easy 3* luck get, or ask friends.
Plus the Grinding boost will probably last 2 weeks long (I don't know when it will start though) so getting 3* luck at least once is like finding hay in a haystack with a needle in it.

edit:
Agreed to dc534. :) Go synth your crap, I'm gonna need to bear with the old sloppy not 100% synth rates once I come back. :lol: