PDA

View Full Version : To the mods of FKL:

Nitro Vordex
Aug 9, 2008, 04:40 PM
Please stop editing my posts/topics. Other people are getting annoyed, and I'm irritated as well.

Dhylec
Aug 9, 2008, 04:45 PM
hm.. how should i put this.. nicely

make.us.

;o

Rasputin
Aug 9, 2008, 04:46 PM
Who pays attention to topic name anyway? I know I don't. I think it's pretty FUNNY.

hm.. how should i put this..

make.us.

;o

Nitro Vordex
Aug 9, 2008, 04:49 PM

make.us.

;o
banana.

Shadowpawn
Aug 9, 2008, 04:49 PM
o.o .

Dhylec
Aug 9, 2008, 05:00 PM
banana.

shake

Nitro Vordex
Aug 9, 2008, 05:02 PM
no strawberries?

Dhylec
Aug 9, 2008, 05:02 PM
no strawberries?

w/cherry on top

Nitro Vordex
Aug 9, 2008, 05:03 PM
comin' right up

Kylie
Aug 9, 2008, 05:09 PM

make.us.

;o
You can edit my threads all you want Dhy. :shy:

Tact
Aug 9, 2008, 05:25 PM

make.us.

There will have to be a fight to the death. :wacko:

Nai_Calus
Aug 10, 2008, 03:11 AM
Actually, I'm with Nitro. It shouldn't even be an issue that he needs to post about. Kind of like the topic changing on the B4R that got Tact so pissed off that he had it locked.

It creates an environment of distrust, both with the posters and the mods. You can't trust that someone actually posted what you see, since the new forum software is incredibly fucking shitty and doesn't show if a mod edited a post like the old software did. It also creates a lack of trust in the mods, especially the FKL ones, since frankly I don't trust anyone who just randomly abuses their power to alter the postings of others without any trace being left.

Saying 'Make us' when someone brings it up, additionally, is just plain a childish reaction.

It's incredibly annoying when it happens. And it's gotten worse since the software change, yeah, since it can be done anonymously now.

Mixfortune
Aug 10, 2008, 04:51 AM
Sorry, but complaining about it isn't going to really work, or be worth it.
OH NO the mods ruined my awesome funny thread that I'm the only one laughing at by mass editing! Such an abuse of power in the trash board where really we shouldn't be able to post in here in the first place!

Mods can screw around on this board too, it's always some heinous crime against humanity for them to do anything, though I'm sure if they wanted to they could stop messing around like everyone else does down here and give warnings about whatever shifty things pass by as opposed to the past. But that's no fun, and mods can get "bored" too at times where they just want to pop out a bit of power in a safe environment.

Harboring distrust, man, FKL isn't some delicate flower where the balance of the community is overturned because your title looks weird. With all the "HAY GUISE IM SLIGHTLY REWORDING YOUR THREAD TITLE TO MAKE A 30 SECOND FAD" by the normal members, most of the time I'm sure no one really... cares.

If you think this is abuse of power, you don't know abuse of power. I can tell you if mods wanted to abuse their power they sure as hell wouldn't waste it here.

If you think their response is not to your liking, go over their heads. It's easy. Tomee and Ryna are right there. If that's even going over most of their heads.

In resounding essence, make them.

Dhylec
Aug 10, 2008, 09:32 AM
Sorry, but complaining about it isn't going to really work, or be worth it.
OH NO the mods ruined my awesome funny thread that I'm the only one laughing at by mass editing! Such an abuse of power in the trash board where really we shouldn't be able to post in here in the first place!

Mods can screw around on this board too, it's always some heinous crime against humanity for them to do anything, though I'm sure if they wanted to they could stop messing around like everyone else does down here and give warnings about whatever shifty things pass by as opposed to the past. But that's no fun, and mods can get "bored" too at times where they just want to pop out a bit of power in a safe environment.

Harboring distrust, man, FKL isn't some delicate flower where the balance of the community is overturned because your title looks weird. With all the "HAY GUISE IM SLIGHTLY REWORDING YOUR THREAD TITLE TO MAKE A 30 SECOND FAD" by the normal members, most of the time I'm sure no one really... cares.

If you think this is abuse of power, you don't know abuse of power. I can tell you if mods wanted to abuse their power they sure as hell wouldn't waste it here.

If you think their response is not to your liking, go over their heads. It's easy. Tomee and Ryna are right there. If that's even going over most of their heads.

In resounding essence, make them.

i need mah hanky ;o

;oh i want some of that squid chu

Randomness
Aug 10, 2008, 09:33 AM
I doubt any action further than removing anonymous edits would be needed... If it weren't for the protection of anonymity (And thus the inability to complain to the admins about the actions of a particular mod), this probably wouldn't even be an issue. I don't recall this EVER happening in the old forums-the only consistent mod edit there was Meira putting 42 in polls.

TalHex
Aug 10, 2008, 02:33 PM
i think its alright, but if one thread gets hacked to the point of the bar, and the creator has asked several times for the title to stop being edited then, the mods should respect that

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 10, 2008, 02:55 PM
I doubt any action further than removing anonymous edits would be needed... If it weren't for the protection of anonymity (And thus the inability to complain to the admins about the actions of a particular mod), this probably wouldn't even be an issue. I don't recall this EVER happening in the old forums-the only consistent mod edit there was Meira putting 42 in polls.

I am, in fact, disappointed at the extent of anonymity there is, in editing-- when I change someone's thread title, I want people to know that I did it, rather than Dhylec.

Tact
Aug 10, 2008, 02:58 PM
So, was it you who edited my B4R titles? :disapprove:

Wyndham
Aug 10, 2008, 03:03 PM
and my "new friend Babo" title?

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 10, 2008, 03:20 PM

The bar titles weren't me. In fact, I usually endeavor to forget that the thread exists. Both the bar and "New friend Babo" were Dhylec. Personally, I don't edit many titles, and when I do, it's usually inspired, and never completely at random.

Any poll failing to contain 42 as an option will, however, be edited.

In any case, I wouldn't advise that anyone take anything that happens in this forum seriously, and when you post in here, post in here knowing that moderators in this forum are liable to do whatever they please with it. We permit you guys to do stuff in this forum that would eventually get you banned in other parts of the site, and just the same, we do things in this forum that would eventually get our mod powers stripped from us in other parts of the site.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 10, 2008, 03:20 PM
I think this needs to be answered, as I lack a job here. :disapprove:

Tact
Aug 10, 2008, 03:49 PM
Okay, Meira said it was Dhylec. That's a start. :wacko:

Dhylec
Aug 10, 2008, 05:36 PM
The bar titles weren't me. In fact, I usually endeavor to forget that the thread exists. Both the bar and "New friend Babo" were Dhylec. Personally, I don't edit many titles, and when I do, it's usually inspired, and never completely at random.

Any poll failing to contain 42 as an option will, however, be edited.

In any case, I wouldn't advise that anyone take anything that happens in this forum seriously, and when you post in here, post in here knowing that moderators in this forum are liable to do whatever they please with it. We permit you guys to do stuff in this forum that would eventually get you banned in other parts of the site, and just the same, we do things in this forum that would eventually get our mod powers stripped from us in other parts of the site.

thank you, meira, for back-stabbingbeing diplomatic about this
but, i did not have sex with that titlewoman!
;o

i swear..
by the moon & stars in the sky,
i'll be there..
i swear~

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 10, 2008, 06:55 PM
thank you, meira, for back-stabbingbeing diplomatic about this
but, i did not have sex with that titlewoman!
;o

i swear..
by the moon & stars in the sky,
i'll be there..
i swear~

;o

Toadthroat
Aug 10, 2008, 07:02 PM
This thread is tl;dr. I request the mods edit all the posts to be more brief for those with ADD.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 11, 2008, 02:50 AM
Mix on MAX POWER:

"Usually the monogram is just initials."

I ain't touch nothin' and I can prove it. I didn't take the required courses yet at the learning annex. Plus, ninja vanish 2 weeks. Plus some less funny stuff, read funny post rules.