PDA

View Full Version : Ethan Waber as the PSU representative?

Ken_Silver
Aug 9, 2008, 11:49 PM
* I hope that its okay for this thread to be here in PSU General...* :(

Anyway, here's what I am trying to say. Gamefaqs is having their usual character battle, which is sometimes "rigged" to have Link, Sepiroth and Cloud in the final battle. Nevertheless, I realized that Ethan is the most standout character in PSU. He's the star of Episode 1 and is a major contributor to Episode 2 and 3. I don't have a problem with that, but I can imagine others would.

The question that I pose is this: Do you think that Ethan should be the "flagship" or representative character of PSU? And if not, who else would you rather take the spot? Make sure its a character already in the plot, like Hyuga or Tylor.

I think that Ethan gets the job done. And I find him cooler than half of the characters that will end up in Gamefaqs' Character Battle. By the way, if you have some spare time, you can go to the site and nominate him for the battle. How is this PSU related? Well, at the least it raises some popularity for the character and that "slightly" might help out the game's rep. After all, there was (or used to be) a wiki entry about how Link won so darn many. It'd mean something if Ethan at least got into the actual battle.

Anyway, please discuss topic (bolded section.) :D :D :D

linkz4461(x)
Aug 10, 2008, 12:01 AM
Bruce Boyd

Chuck_Norris
Aug 10, 2008, 12:05 AM
Bruce Boyd

What he said. :wacko:

Poncho_Jr
Aug 10, 2008, 12:17 AM
Maya Shidow.

Broodstar1337
Aug 10, 2008, 12:25 AM
Unfortunately, Karen was only around for a little over half the game, so we're stuck with Ethan.

Miyoko
Aug 10, 2008, 12:53 AM
Needs moar Lou.

GreenArcher
Aug 10, 2008, 12:59 AM
Me. I mean, wasn't I the main character throughout ep2 and 3? :wacko:

But yeah, most likely Ethan. Laia might be able to fit the spotlight as well.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Aug 10, 2008, 01:08 AM
We should probably put up a female. Not everyone knows who Eathan waber is, but even a stranger would cast their vote on some random female character, especially if she were "hot" in some regard.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 10, 2008, 01:10 AM
lol, gamefaqs.

Xaeris
Aug 10, 2008, 01:44 AM
I remember last year that L-Block took the entire contest. My, that was a fun, fun day on the boards.

Arika
Aug 10, 2008, 02:05 AM
Sonic,.... <,<
lol (GM character)

CelestialBlade
Aug 10, 2008, 02:18 AM
I don't see why Ethan wouldn't be.

Adora
Aug 10, 2008, 02:25 AM
I think I would vote for Leia Martinez! She is our President after all! :-P

MaximusLight
Aug 10, 2008, 03:09 AM
I feel so touched :wacko:

White Midnight
Aug 10, 2008, 03:47 AM
AOI Ethan with a Two-headed Ragnus would turn some heads.

But Ethan doesn't use a Two-Headed Ragnus and no picture of him holding a pair exists...

So yeah...just AOI Ethan.

DOOMY DOOOOOM
Aug 10, 2008, 04:15 AM
DOOM...

joefro
Aug 10, 2008, 04:48 AM
That contest is so rigged. Last year Master Chief was beat out by Scorpion and The L Block won the thing. Imo Ethan and/or PSU has no chance in that contest whatsoever.

Kizeragi
Aug 10, 2008, 10:37 AM
lol, gamefaqs.

This. A PSU character would NEVER win at Character Battle.

landman
Aug 10, 2008, 01:18 PM
Lou, or just a Rappy :wacko:

relentless
Aug 10, 2008, 01:31 PM
just a Rappy :wacko:

This!

gundam0079
Aug 10, 2008, 02:46 PM
Alfort tylor

Alterin
Aug 10, 2008, 03:15 PM
I agree with Rappy.

zandra117
Aug 10, 2008, 05:18 PM
Alfort Tylor, he's awesome, and people outside of psu might vote for him simply because he looks cool. Ethan is too generic.

ZyphNeko
Aug 10, 2008, 08:56 PM
Pannon. >|

Not enough people appreciate those cute li'l jelly-bellied things. D:

butsrsly

Yeah...I'm no FF fan, I hate Sephiroth 'cause of his screaming fanboys and girls, Cloud's too emo, and...well, Link is all right. And the fact he can't talk is the best. But eh, Ethan is a lot cooler since AOTI started, and he looks simply badass in his rogue outfit.
But if Tylor was put up, I suppose he would get my vote.

Oh, and especially...since when do you see many heroes or other star characters named Ethan? That's like trying to find another star/hero named Ike. That makes it more made of win material.

Neko~

Nitro Vordex
Aug 10, 2008, 09:01 PM
More like Gamefa*s.

Noblewine
Aug 10, 2008, 09:12 PM
Ethan Waber.

Ken_Silver
Aug 10, 2008, 10:05 PM
At least the topic took flight... even though I am not so sure about it's destination :razz:

But I remember the friggin L block winning. Man, that was lame.

But yeah, I'd still go with Ethan as the character to go with. Tylor doesn't even have a paragraph of words in Episode 2. Even if he is "cool.' Laia would make sense, but she's "ugly" compared to most females in PSU and that won't do well for her unforunately (too bad, she is a good, developed character.) And there is no one character that represents the character that we all play...

So Ethan it is for me. :D

PS. I wish that Sonic would win for once! He always gets to the final 8 or 16 and then gets bumped out for one of the favorites. :mad:

HELLBOT
Aug 10, 2008, 10:13 PM
We should probably put up a female. Not everyone knows who Eathan waber is, but even a stranger would cast their vote on some random female character, especially if she were "hot" in some regard.

maya definatley

MysticGoten
Aug 10, 2008, 10:14 PM
Maya Shidow.

Sex sells and I wanna buy everything she is selling :-D

Guitarsmasher
Aug 10, 2008, 11:11 PM
Sex sells and I wanna buy everything she is selling :-D

too bad it's crabz:-o

Arika
Aug 10, 2008, 11:47 PM
Pannon really!!
people outside will vote because of unique look. they can be really cute chibi,
or they can be like this...

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/2290/pannonzombieox2.jpg

Dawn of the Panon~

landman
Aug 11, 2008, 01:29 AM
I lol'd pretty hard with the L block last year, it was a lesson to all the fanboys that care about that contest, it's always the same, sony fanboys vs nintendo fanboys, one year the balance is in one side and the next year is to the other, most of the votes will be against one character than in favor of the oposite one, and Sonic will be winning because of simpathy until it gets faced up to a Nintendo character, the L block was just the proof that contest sucks and a lot of people voted for him thinking that lol

Broodstar1337
Aug 11, 2008, 03:45 AM
too bad it's crabz:-o

YAY. I lurv seafood :3

Mysterious-G
Aug 11, 2008, 04:40 AM
Ethan AND Lumia. I dunno why. ;l

Ken_Silver
Aug 11, 2008, 07:43 PM
Pannon really!!

Dawn of the Panon~

ACK! PANON ATTACK! Runaway! It's worse than a swarm of L-blocks... err... I mean locuts. :D

Rust
Aug 11, 2008, 10:49 PM
Pannon really!!

Dawn of the Panon~

Now, they could have put those things in Midwich Elementary School on first episode of Silent Hill, this would have done the job quite well...

But yeah, MaximusLight is the PSU representative. :wacko:

Xefi
Aug 12, 2008, 02:44 AM
it would be more wise to pick the rappies
as the representative because they have
been around much longer than Ethan.

If you go around and ask little kids about
rappies, they will know about them. If you
ask them about Ethan, they will go "huh? Who's that?"

And also, those pannons look pretty BAD. lol.

_K1_
Aug 12, 2008, 06:23 PM
Rappies are more of a PSO thing though.

Ethan is the worst character in PSU. I'd rather see Karen Erra (as the Divine Maiden) who was not as useless. And had better fashion sense.

Nirvash7
Aug 12, 2008, 09:38 PM
Gamefaq's character battle can eat a dick. It's just a big fuckin popularity contest. And we all know how popular PSU is. Been out for almost 2 years and hasn't even hit 100K players.