PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboards

dc534
Aug 9, 2008, 11:50 PM
So who else thinks that Sonic screwed up by letting everyone do c-runs to get the top prize in MAG. If you ask me they should have made it S-Rank only or do so many Spreads go to top leaders in kills of S and top leaders of A and top leaders in B and Top leaders in C. I think it would have been more fair if they split it between all the ranks instead of forcing everyone to do C runs to get on the boards.

desturel
Aug 9, 2008, 11:53 PM
If you only allow S runs for kill count then you would screw over anyone who has low level characters from getting onto the leaderboard.

Also it would have made it impossible for us to reach the kill goals. The people who were spamming C runs in the first MA:G were the ones who were driving up the kill count the most (especially the ones that were soloing C runs).

Truth034
Aug 10, 2008, 12:36 AM
who cares about kill goals yea 200 mil kills for a 9* single A rank saber YEA!!!!

Syl
Aug 10, 2008, 12:40 AM
who cares about kill goals yea 200 mil kills for a 9* single A rank saber YEA!!!!

Yeah, which in turn will be used with the Yasha to make Sange and Yasha, easily the strongest twin saber in this game.

DC_Seraph
Aug 10, 2008, 12:48 AM
True, thats really the only thing i even care about thats coming out from the event... i see no point in even trying to get the spreadneedle. there is no way im gona spend my time running c runs, when i can do an s run and get the good boards... i cant wieght 4 the yasha to come out.

GreenArcher
Aug 10, 2008, 12:57 AM
Or you could spend your time getting a Spread Needle and selling for 150 mil+, and then buying at least 150 of these so called "good boards."

mvffin
Aug 10, 2008, 01:44 AM
Or you could spend your time getting a Spread Needle and selling for 150 mil+, and then buying at least 150 of these so called "good boards."

SHHH don't tell them, less competition for needlz.

Csero
Aug 10, 2008, 07:11 AM
Where I can see why they allowed C runs, I do agree getting such a weapon should be more of a challenge (and this is coming from a guy who has the highest player number in the top 40). Doing speed C's over and over is more a test of patience than of skill. Any max level sporting a Needle from the last event can tear through C rank creatures. That's not impressive at all. But it's nessessary to obtain your goal.

Kizeragi
Aug 10, 2008, 07:37 AM
If you only allow S runs for kill count then you would screw over anyone who has low level characters from getting onto the leaderboard.

Also it would have made it impossible for us to reach the kill goals. The people who were spamming C runs in the first MA:G were the ones who were driving up the kill count the most (especially the ones that were soloing C runs).

Exactly. Sure SEGA could prolly limit what levels do what runs, but they are too lazy to do that.

ForeverStronger
Aug 10, 2008, 08:04 AM
I vote for Kizeragi! KIZERAGI FOR PRESIDENT OF SEGAC!!

-writes vote on a xblock180 then attempts to fit it into the box-

desturel
Aug 10, 2008, 08:57 AM
there is no way im gona spend my time running c runs, when i can do an s run and get the good boards...

For some, there are no "good boards" on S rank. The only "good" things for them are looking for is event exclusives. All event exclusive items drop on C rank as well. Twin DB, Twin Durandal, Twin Ruby, Twin Varista (all of which will drop in the "of illusion" missions), Kazarodoc, Stag, Silence, and Zagzac all drop on C rank. The other event exclusives are the Spread Needle (only obtained through the grind) and the event prizes (given to all by default no matter how much or little "work" they put into the grind).

Where I can see why they allowed C runs, I do agree getting such a weapon should be more of a challenge (and this is coming from a guy who has the highest player number in the top 40). Doing speed C's over and over is more a test of patience than of skill. Any max level sporting a Needle from the last event can tear through C rank creatures. That's not impressive at all. But it's nessessary to obtain your goal.

I would argue that S runs aren't a challenge at this point either. Sure they take longer than C runs and if you don't pay attention you can catch a megid to the back, but you can catch a megid to the back on B and A runs as well. (unless you are a techer class which will likely mean megid does 0 damage to you)

BTW, any class can tear through C runs; You certainly don't need a Spread Needle to do it.

AerisZeal
Aug 10, 2008, 09:32 AM

I honestly think that shouldn't matter. It's a high ranking weapon what business do lower level people have in getting it anyway? None. But I'll agree with you that we likely wouldn't even be close to what we are on kills if it weren't for spamming C.

Eyce_Theon
Aug 10, 2008, 09:44 AM
I would say they should have given out the Spread Needle/G through the TIME ATTACK boards, but then MGGing comes to mind and ruins that idea.

DAMASCUS
Aug 10, 2008, 10:21 AM
Hopefully with the next leaderboards they will have different table for each difficulty and a different prize for each.

That way if the prize for C rank kills is say...a Frying Pan..high levels would be unlikely to waste their time and ruin it for the low levels but the prize would still be useful to people at low levels.

Meta77
Aug 10, 2008, 10:46 AM
I think if most people want speed c so bad then there should have been no point to bring mag back. They did not orginally create the event with *hey lets make a event where everyone runs speed c to get a weapon only X number of people will ever use X number of times in the time they will play the game* *sure that sounds good*

Kizeragi
Aug 10, 2008, 10:53 AM
I would say they should have given out the Spread Needle/G through the TIME ATTACK boards, but then MGGing comes to mind and ruins that idea.

If MGG didnt exist, that's the best idea ever.

desturel
Aug 10, 2008, 03:43 PM

Even without the MGG this would have been a worse idea than limiting kills to S runs.

1) Increased elitism (Beast / Cast level 130/140 class 20 only. Adaka/Paradi or GTFO)

2) Would cater to people who had the money for 50% 10/10 weapons only. This could go with elitism, but you "might" find a human PT would 50% 10/10 weapons in a couple of parties.

3) The kill count would be even lower. Imagine how many people would have given up without even trying if they knew they could not match the power of the people already on the leader board. If people don't believe they have any hope of finishing a goal at all, most of them aren't even going to attempt it. Any of you remember Firebreak Moatoob?

4) The chances of finding a random party good enough to complete the run would be slim to none. Sure you might be good enough to make the leader boards, but this doesn't mean the people you run with are, or even care to get onto the leader boards. You can't force a bunch of casual players to group together and hit a elite goal meaning that a good number of SN/G would likely go to clan/s. This would make it even harder for any of you who are complaining about C runs to even smell the goal.

Again, pushing speed C runs works with this type of event. You want to meet a kill goal. The easier and quicker the creatures can be killed, the faster you will reach the goal. Even with people pushing speed C runs, we STILL did not reach the kill goal until an extension. Don't even use 065 as an excuse. If the Spread Needle was a time attack or S run only item, we wouldn't have made it anywhere near the goal with no one 065 and everyone playing (until they got bored that is).

Firebreak Neudaiz (Heat Wave Island)
vs
Firebreak Moatoob (Scorched Valley) and Firebreak Raffon Meadow (Burning Garden)

I've already seen what happens when you make a goal that people have to work for in this game. They don't reach the goal.