PDA

View Full Version : Bad and/or Lazy Techers

WHlTEKNIGHT
Aug 10, 2008, 11:08 AM
I don't really play with random parties much but I have been amazed at just how poor some techer's are.
I am not talking about the ones who have low P.A's (atleast they have a excuse) I am talking about the people who are to lazy to buff/heal.
I even joined a party with a techer who had most p.a's at 40 but didn't even have buffs or resta on him and was healing and buffing himself with shop items.
If you are gonna try and lag the party up with high level techs at least do what you are supposed to which is SUPPORT!!!

End rant :(

Kizeragi
Aug 10, 2008, 11:13 AM
Seeing as Masterforce will be coming out, people might just be playing like one to get used to it. I don't know. :/ I only party with randoms in MAG C if I need kills, but most the times my teams are friends only.

Hrith
Aug 10, 2008, 11:15 AM
/agreed x10

I joined a party with my FT earlier today, and one of the players exclaimed "a proper techer, wow"... this should not happen -_-;

shintaHakamashi
Aug 10, 2008, 11:21 AM
yea. there are what u call support techers and attack techers. most techers want there attacks up because of master. master cant raise support past 10 so no need for resta or buffs. now it be different if it was a acrotecher cause they are support. shouldnt worry about it. everyone rushin to get attack spells to 40.

NoiseHERO
Aug 10, 2008, 11:24 AM
Who would want to feel like leveling up their buffs for hours (extremely boring just thinking about it) just for the half of the selfish players in this game to get unnoticable temporary stat change or because noobs are too slow to heal themselves : \

if i were a techer id be the same way,would be more fun

Forumchibi
Aug 10, 2008, 11:31 AM
This is an argument that's been going on since the beginning of the game.

While it is helpful to the group, and while it costs the group less money, Techers do not have to heal or buff anyone - they do not have to be a support class anymore than any other class, it's the difference between playing a mage and a cleric (and just because they have healing spells doesn't mean they have to use them if it's not their play style). They lose out on experience when they're chasing party members down rather than enemies, and they hardly get so much as a thank you. And if everyone else can have fun going crazy on monsters without a care in the world, why can't Techers?

darkante
Aug 10, 2008, 11:40 AM
This is an argument that's been going on since the beginning of the game.

While it is helpful to the group, and while it costs the group less money, Techers do not have to heal or buff anyone - they do not have to be a support class anymore than any other class, it's the difference between playing a mage and a cleric (and just because they have healing spells doesn't mean they have to use them if it's not their play style). They lose out on experience when they're chasing party members down rather than enemies, and they hardly get so much as a thank you. And if everyone else can have fun going crazy on monsters without a care in the world, why can't Techers?

Still, a buff lasting 3-4 minutes is pretty awesome to have.
They can get enough time to wreck havoc during these times. =P
I would feel bad if i didn´t try to lift a finger to help, when i´m a force.
Although exception is lv 11+ buffs, which is pretty unncessary and is just too little of a duration.
Lv 21-40 buffs or no buffs, ty.

Omega_Weltall
Aug 10, 2008, 12:04 PM
you know, sometimes techers sacrifice a room full of XP just to buff people. And if you announce you are going to buff, they run off anyway. A lot of people probably say "screw it" and just forgo the buffs and just nuke and get XP

WHlTEKNIGHT
Aug 10, 2008, 12:51 PM
I buff when i use my techer and it doesnt take long at all if people run away as your buffing thats there problem, as for attacking techers there are no masterforces yet so that is a pretty weak excuse and tech leveling dosent take that long either.
I even ran into a acrotecher who said he was a attacking techer so wouldnt buff heal lol.

Gigorman
Aug 10, 2008, 01:05 PM
I buff when my pallet allows it, and I've died chasing down people in need of support. I guess as Wartecher they don't expect much from me.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Aug 10, 2008, 01:07 PM
Never chase people down they want buffs they should go to you imo

Vyre
Aug 10, 2008, 01:07 PM
I never buff people in random parties if after the first time they all run off. If you don't care about being buffed/healed, so be it.

Its different if I'm with friends, I'll help them out as much as possible because they protect me from the heavy melee enemies just like I protect them from the melee resistant monsters.

It all depends on the situation, Techers come in two different styles anyhow. If its a FT, don't expect buffs all the time, its not their job. AT is support, not FT.

Gigorman
Aug 10, 2008, 01:16 PM

I meant healing, that is a support TECH, yes? I try not to give chase, but there are times when I feel compelled to be nice. Buffing is completely different, only I need to be buffed. Anyone else caught in the perimeter is a happy accident.

Aisha379
Aug 10, 2008, 01:38 PM
My newman mainly switches between Acrotecher and Guntecher.

As an Acrotecher, I buff people. But generally don't heal status effects and stuff as much.

As a guntecher, I don't buff at all. I set my Resta/reverser wand on the same hand as my crossbow, so I try to keep a close eye on peoples HP. Especially when in MAG S games because I want to be appreciative for not getting kicked out (only level 81).

Now my main is an FF, and while I certainly appreciate buffs, I'm not going to have a hissy fit if I don't get them. The only thing I really expect then is a little help if I get hit by a potentially fatal status effect (frozen, stun, sleep, etc) where I can be killed off really quick.

Techers != buff slaves.

AmyPsycho
Aug 10, 2008, 01:40 PM
... Excuse me? 'Do what we're SUPPOSED to do'?

That's such a bunch of arrogant B.S. First off, its a Techer's OPTION to heal and buff. I usually do it sometimes, but I'm an ATTACK force. There's no law saying we have to come to everyone else's beck and call just to give them a boost. If I find ANYONE that acts even slightly rude to me, I make them go without boosts. Don't EVER think that that is our sole obligation.

For another,Techs are NOT the main cause of lag, and if you're on a bad system, too bad. Deal with it.

I get really sick of people whining when they don't get what they want from a techer. Maybe that's why they don't get it? The other day, I had a guy in my party that suddenly decided to tell me which techs I should have been leveling, including Giresta which I don't even own. I booted him because nobody has the right to tell me how to play.

Case in point - Some forces are attack forces! If that's the focus they picked, shut up and deal with it!

nooblet
Aug 10, 2008, 01:41 PM
people are bitching about the game being to easy and your complaining on how techers aint making it easier? what the hell is going on.

WhiteKnight01
Aug 10, 2008, 01:49 PM
I heal when I want to heal, it just happends to be every 20 seconds and at 31 resta covers half of a room, I buff every 5 min and time it so every1 gets it but if someone wants to run off I don't worry about it, if someone dies by megid just after a buff I usualy rebuff them but I do hate it when people are almost dead at the other side of the map and call out medic, one trimate isn't going to bankrupt them. But when it comes down to it techers don't want to be told what to do anymore than any fighter or gunner

Nitro Vordex
Aug 10, 2008, 02:05 PM
If you need a techer to buff you/heal you, then you need to figure out what you're doing wrong, because you obviously suck.

AlliThePally
Aug 10, 2008, 02:19 PM
I dont buff or heal when people annoy me too >> If they dont annoy me I usually do

Alecc
Aug 10, 2008, 02:46 PM
I don't really play with random parties much but I have been amazed at just how poor some techer's are.
I am not talking about the ones who have low P.A's (atleast they have a excuse) I am talking about the people who are to lazy to buff/heal.
I even joined a party with a techer who had most p.a's at 40 but didn't even have buffs or resta on him and was healing and buffing himself with shop items.
If you are gonna try and lag the party up with high level techs at least do what you are supposed to which is SUPPORT!!!

How about you being too lazy to heal yourself?
No techer is SUPPOSED to support lazy people that run off once the techer starts buffing and stuff.
Trimates and megistarides FTW. There. Problem solved.

Para
Aug 10, 2008, 04:05 PM
Playstyle or not... you should always try to help out your team.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 10, 2008, 04:31 PM
If I were to ever play a Techer, I'd buff you when I felt it was necessary. I'd heal if need be as well. But if you're doing fine killing things without a buff, then you don't really need a buff.

Side note, when I still played I played with randoms all the time. You guys just keep finding sucky randoms. Or you're too damn picky. :/

Triple_S
Aug 10, 2008, 04:35 PM
My Human switches from AF to AT at times, and I try and heal/buff whenever necessary. Usually people listen to me, if they don't they don't get buffed. If buffs run out in the middle of the battle, I WILL risk taking damage to rebuff and heal everyone.

You may be saying that I do nothing but support, but this isn't true since I still end up attacking a lot and dishing out decent damage. This being said, I enjoy AF a bit more than AT since I was never a fan of specializing in magic in PSO, and I'm still not.

Thalui89
Aug 10, 2008, 06:14 PM
Having low pa's is not much of an excuse for teching badly. My techer lacks high lvl pa's despite her lvl due to the fact she was raised in the last mag event, meaning that it was mainly fire techs that got raised. Whilst my pa's may be getting to a moderate standard i still find it easy to buff and heal people =/. However i do acknowledge the fact that low pa's does make it a little more difficult to support but even so they should still be able to manage.

With buffs i normally tell people to gather, if they dont bother gathering then they dont get buffed, i think its important that a techer doesnt spent half their time in a game tracking people down and buffing them just because they were stupid enough to not follow a request.

As for healing with items...wtf...why would any techer want to buy healing items when they can just fire out a nice resta? D:

Some people just can't play the game...

Broodstar1337
Aug 10, 2008, 06:54 PM
As for healing with items...wtf...why would any techer want to buy healing items when they can just fire out a nice resta? D:

Because you have to go through the casting animation to cast resta or giresta. You can pop a trimate when you're down on your ass taking hits.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 10, 2008, 09:02 PM
I think this whole thread is pretty much saying to the OP:"Have a nice cup of DEAL WITH IT."

beatrixkiddo
Aug 10, 2008, 10:22 PM
I'm a support Fortefighter. I run around and use Star Atomizers and only attack if my party isn't being rude to me. Don't like it? It's my playstyle!

Powder Keg
Aug 10, 2008, 11:46 PM
Fortetechers doing damage isn't helping the party at all, after all...

MaximusLight
Aug 11, 2008, 01:09 AM
I got kicked out of a party for not having my techs mastered on White Beast once.
:wacko:
(seriously please no more White Beast online)

drizzle
Aug 11, 2008, 02:32 AM
Buffs and heals are by far the best thing a force type brings to a party. If you're not going to be a team player, play solo! Don't be a waste of a party slot.

Broodstar1337
Aug 11, 2008, 03:34 AM
If you're not going to be a team player, play solo! Don't be a waste of a party slot.

lol

I'm sure the next Majarra-spamming fighter would love to be more of a team player for you.

darkante
Aug 11, 2008, 07:04 AM

Agreed, if you´re gonna buff. Do a quick announcement to make people notice, if they are still running off well...screw them.
Even if i do like to help people...i´m not gonna chase you, you have to stick around me to rechieve buffs.

PS: When i mean you, i mean generally people. >.<

drizzle
Aug 11, 2008, 10:38 AM
If you're going to buff them so they kill faster, why are you slowing them down by making them stop? Buff at the next spawn.

Thalui89
Aug 11, 2008, 01:45 PM
I've yet felt the need to use mates with my teacher but then i am a support force so I tend to fire resta's around rather than nuke like hell :P

As for the floor thing ive never felt the need to use a mate either :/ but thats because half the time im not on the floor ( newmans fo's don't like melee range xD)

Sekani
Aug 11, 2008, 03:25 PM
If you need a techer to buff you/heal you, then you need to figure out what you're doing wrong, because you obviously suck.

Several months ago this would've been a ridiculous thing to say. In today's Just Attacked world however, I have to agree.

Perverted_Pirate
Aug 12, 2008, 02:05 PM
I was in a party a few days ago with one of my other characters and a guy said to the techer something like: "wow you suck at being a techer" reply was a "tips?" and he just said"heal more, buff more" selfishness....I doubt he even said thanks once(this was after the run)......
Since my main is a techer(FT) I buff at each spawn if people run away then they lost a buff....I'll heal to the people if they've said thanks a few times since I know they appreciate it, to everyone else....ESPECIALLY the annoying people who run at you on low HP wanting a free a heal...They get nothing, they don't ask, they don't thank you, they just want free heals. HATE THEM!

Oh and we waste money healing/buffing, especially since S/Z don't do anything for us.

If you want buffs/heals constantly then some AT work like that. I couldn't though unless for friends.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 12, 2008, 02:10 PM
Zodial helps you block more :3

pikachief
Aug 12, 2008, 04:40 PM
my friend has almost every spell at lvl 40 including his buffs and heals. he doesn't buff and heal though.

not cuz hes lazy to do so he just "doesn't care about your needs" lol and doesn't want to buff or heal u XD lol (thats what he says at least :P )

Inazuma
Aug 16, 2008, 03:45 AM
isnt it better to cast buffs while the party is fighting monsters? why stand around and do nothing? its also annoying when the techer doesnt re-apply buffs rite away.

RedRaz0r
Aug 17, 2008, 03:41 AM

My name isnt even mentioned in this paragraph =DDD

However, the healing/buffing myself with shop items is totally me. It's me preparing for masterforce's level 10 buffs and healing.

Rust
Aug 17, 2008, 12:45 PM
The only reason I'm playing as a Wartecher is to have free heal when I'm playing solo (a.k.a 95 % of the time). In a team, I mostly melee and cast Resta whenever either me or someone in the perimeter seems in bad situation (which is particularly rare).
I didn't even bother buying the buffs ; the people I'm playing with are buffing and healing themselves with items before the weapon switching lag allows me to cast anything anyways. We are doing the job good without them already and I have no point in gaining 5 minutes a run when I'm doing less than three of them a day.

As for when I'm playing with other techers, the only thing I'm expecting from them is a Reverser / Heal when I'm hit with a Freeze / Stun / Sleep status effect, the same way I'm using Sol and Star Atomizers when they are in the same situation. I don't thank when I get buffed, and I don't rant when I'm not ; it's only a PA choice from the player, I wouldn't thank a Fortegunner for using a Dark Shot over a Burning Shot, so I don't see techs as being any different for that matter.

Inazuma
Aug 17, 2008, 03:37 PM
As for when I'm playing with other techers, the only thing I'm expecting from them is a Reverser / Heal when I'm hit with a Freeze / Stun / Sleep status effect, the same way I'm using Sol and Star Atomizers when they are in the same situation. I don't thank when I get buffed, and I don't rant when I'm not ; it's only a PA choice from the player, I wouldn't thank a Fortegunner for using a Dark Shot over a Burning Shot, so I don't see techs as being any different for that matter.

oh yea? what if dark shot somehow increased the stats of everyone in the party by 10% over a 6 minute duration? would you still be ok w/ them not using it?

Rust
Aug 17, 2008, 03:39 PM
One word :

Yes.

Weeaboolits
Aug 17, 2008, 04:00 PM
It's not like buff items don't exist, and buffs aren't terribly powerful, nor are the majority of enemies, it's not that important.

Resta is appreciated, but isn't really necessary either, assuming everyone has the sense to pack trimates.

Nemhy
Aug 17, 2008, 04:22 PM
If it's a small party (4 and under) I don't really mind buffing people that didn't get it the first time. I have lvl 31+buffs the range makes it not a hassle.

I agree 100% that FTs don't really HAVE to heal+buff anyone, but if there is no AT then it would be nice if they did once in ahwile especially before boss. ATs on the other hand are a SUPPORT CLASS.

If you wanna sit there and whip all the time and don't put an effort into supporting then go play a WT....seriously ATs that don't put an effort to support shouldnt play the job IMO

Weeaboolits
Aug 17, 2008, 05:28 PM
They should give WT S-rank whips, and GT S-rank cards, that way people would go AT to support, not to S-rank those weapons.