PDA

View Full Version : This guy could be the Square Enix poster boy

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 01:34 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/xXxfreakshowxXx/dot%20hack%20sign/Haseo.jpg
belts anybody?

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 01:34 PM
I'm pretty sure all of the fanboys/fangirls have made Cloud Strife the unofficial Square Enix poster boy.

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 01:37 PM
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb274/demononstrings/Cloud.jpg
he lacks belts

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 01:42 PM
Cloud's old news.

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 01:47 PM
Yes, he is old news. They need to stop making games with "Final Fantasy" in the title. :disapprove:

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 01:50 PM
If they continue, the Final Fantasies will only get worse. D: I mean, the latest game fights battles FOR you, for christ's shit's sake!

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 02:00 PM
If they continue, the Final Fantasies will only get worse. D: I mean, the latest game fights battles FOR you, for christ's shit's sake!

Even though it fights for you, it still manages to be a pretty hard game. :disapprove:

VanHalen
Aug 11, 2008, 02:03 PM
He's got potential, though he needs more hair spray.

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 02:07 PM
Oh, Van. Get on Skype, I have something to tell you.

Also, he reminds me of...Sasuke. He looks like one of the most fangirled characters ever, and he has the belts. :disapprove:

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 02:08 PM
Not as hard as earlier FF series. :wacko: Well,Some bosses were total cheap douschebags though.

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 02:15 PM
I laughed when I fought Zalera at level 54. He used Level 5 Death on my party and went into a big attack animation. And then, "Miss" "Miss" "Miss" came up. :wacko:

(If you don't know what Level 5 Death is, it's an instant kill on any party member whose level is a divisible by 5.)

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 02:21 PM
Ugh, I hate level 5 death. Lol, if you leveled up one more level. xDD

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 02:26 PM
Ugh, I hate level 5 death. Lol, if you leveled up one more level. xDD

Yes, I actually was using a guide to see which Espers I had a shot at getting when I noticed Zalera could be beaten at a significantly lower level than the one my party had. I also saw that he had Level 5 Death and I had to get through that blasted Barheim Passage without leveling up. It's pretty hard when you get attacked by skeletons and ghosts every five steps.

VanHalen
Aug 11, 2008, 02:47 PM
I'll be on in a little bit Tact.

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 03:03 PM
Yes, I actually was using a guide to see which Espers I had a shot at getting when I noticed Zalera could be beaten at a significantly lower level than the one my party had. I also saw that he had Level 5 Death and I had to get through that blasted Barheim Passage without leveling up. It's pretty hard when you get attacked by skeletons and ghosts every five steps.

Zalera, huh? I might be able to fight him as of now as well, you say through the Barheim passage? *ponders for a minute*

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 03:06 PM
Zalera, huh? I might be able to fight him as of now as well, you say through the Barheim passage? *ponders for a minute*

Yes, through the Barheim Passage. I think you can go through the Garamsythe Waterway if you don't have the Barheim Key. If you do have the Key, you can find the door in the Dalmasca Estersand.

Oh, by the way, when I said it was hard...I meant it was hard to avoid leveling up because of all of the enemies. Fighting through the Passage was easy enough and I even bagged a Mark on the way.

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 03:10 PM
Yes, through the Barheim Passage. I think you can go through the Garamsythe Waterway if you don't have the Barheim Key. If you do have the Key, you can find the door in the Dalmasca Estersand.

Oh, by the way, when I said it was hard...I meant it was hard to avoid leveling up because of all of the enemies. Fighting my way through was easy enough and I even bagged a Mark on the way.

Ah, I see, will do. ;3

Haha, I see. Wait, wasn't there something that prevents you from gaining experience? (if I ever saw such a thing, I would scoff at it)

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 03:16 PM
Actually, I believe there is an accessory that prevents you from gaining experience points. I guess the only good use for it is avoiding leveling up so the party can avoid Level _ spells.

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 03:27 PM
Hehe, they think of everything. :wacko: Who is your favorite character?

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 03:28 PM
Hehe, they think of everything. :wacko: Who is your favorite character?

To be honest, I don't really care for any of them. I just use Vaan, Balthier, and Fran since they make up the first full party the player gets.

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 03:35 PM
For some reason I use Basch, Vaan, and Balthier. I think they are around the 60's while the girls are around 40's+.

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 03:37 PM
Hahaha. You have no idea how much I neglect Basch, Ashe, and Penelo. They're all still level 10, 14, and 13, respectively. :wacko:

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 03:43 PM
I see. I had Penelo, Ashe, and Fran pretty low as well, but I felt they should at least come out in battle just in case I died, so I went training in the places we have been before. :wacko:

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 03:44 PM
i usually use vaan, asche, and basche (assuming thats how you spell his name)

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 03:46 PM
i usually use vaan, asche, and basche (assuming thats how you spell his name)

It's Vaan, Ashe, and Basch. You could have checked the earlier posts. :wacko:

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 03:56 PM
meh...

Randomness
Aug 11, 2008, 03:58 PM
I usually just throw out Fran, Balthier, and Vaan as well, but thats mainly because Fran got to Masamune first, and Vaan the Zodiac Spear.

I directly control Balthier and keep him at a distance while buffed and berserked Vaan/Fran annihalate with massive and speedy hits. I throw out Renew as necessary, and just Syphon Vaan/Fran to keep my MP up. (Inquisitor augment FTW)

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 04:30 PM
I'm not a very big fan of Berserk. It must be because I like to be in control of my characters.

Although, I should just go into the Westersand, Berserk all of my characters, and see how many things they kill before it wears off. :wacko:

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 04:41 PM
Berserk is ok. I like the Masamune. :wacko:

Randomness
Aug 11, 2008, 04:49 PM
I'm not a very big fan of Berserk. It must be because I like to be in control of my characters.

Although, I should just go into the Westersand, Berserk all of my characters, and see how many things they kill before it wears off. :wacko:

My reasoning is that since the later healing is so potent, 2 members will always be attacking, so why not boost the speed and power? (Also, when you have full augments, the berserkers are bottomless pools of MP to be syphoned. Golden Amulets FTW.)

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 04:57 PM
My reasoning is that since the later healing is so potent, 2 members will always be attacking, so why not boost the speed and power? (Also, when you have full augments, the berserkers are bottomless pools of MP to be syphoned. Golden Amulets FTW.)

Wat?

*jots down on handy dandy notebook*

Kard
Aug 11, 2008, 05:31 PM
Ah, the Tetsuya Nomura touch... leather and belts fetishes supreme!

More Basch love please...the REAL hero of FFXII, and the closest we'll ever get to Ashley Riot of Vagrant Story~ ^-')b

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 05:58 PM

I have all of these augments, but still...I like to be able to control my characters. I'm sure your method works well. I'm just saying that your style isn't the one for me.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 11, 2008, 06:03 PM
:nerd:

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 06:09 PM
or you could just give everybody a bubble belt for 2x hp. then you have plenty of room to act like an idiot

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 06:16 PM
or you could just give everybody a bubble belt for 2x hp. then you have plenty of room to act like an idiot

I should go ahead and do that whenever I don't need immunities to status ailments.

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 06:33 PM
God, I so despise the Mandrogas. ;-; Pain in the ASSSSSSSSS. Seriously, took me a very long time.

Wyndham
Aug 11, 2008, 06:36 PM
wow, that guy has more belts than me.

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 06:40 PM
God, I so despise the Mandrogas. ;-; Pain in the ASSSSSSSSS. Seriously, took me a very long time.

Do you mean the group of five in the Sochen Cave Palace? They were pretty annoying. I hated that Pollen move. :disapprove:

Wyndham, you must outdo this person with many belts. Go buy even more belts and wear them. :wacko:

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 06:48 PM
half his outfit is belts

Wyndham
Aug 11, 2008, 06:54 PM
Do you mean the group of five in the Sochen Cave Palace? They were pretty annoying. I hated that Pollen move. :disapprove:

Wyndham, you must outdo this person with many belts. Go buy even more belts and wear them. :wacko:

I think I'll go for 3 belts.

Sayara
Aug 11, 2008, 06:56 PM
The twewy boy

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 06:57 PM
Aww, only three? You should definitely go for five on each limb.

One on your head wouldn't hurt either. :wacko:

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 07:00 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/talonshadowfox/neku1.jpg

VS

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/talonshadowfox/Haseo.jpg

Nitro Vordex
Aug 11, 2008, 07:01 PM
Is he Ivy's sister?

Sayara
Aug 11, 2008, 07:03 PM
has to be A
B is from NAMCO

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 07:06 PM
no B is from a series originally owned by bandai, which of course is now owned by namco

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 07:09 PM

Yeah, I used Eye Goggles to not get blind and something else to prevent sleep and poison. Others I just had to heal. But UGGHHH. To think they were so cute, but then they were cheap. D:

Nitro Vordex
Aug 11, 2008, 07:11 PM
ZE GOGGLES, THEY DO NOTHING.

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 07:24 PM
Is he Ivy's sister?

Firstly, he can't be Ivy's sister because he's a guy.

Secondly, he can't be Ivy's brother because he's pretty modest in how he dresses.

Randomness
Aug 11, 2008, 07:29 PM
They were annoying, mostly cause I had to chase em down while the others fired off spells...

Oh, my other usual bit of strategy in boss fights. The people not on the berserker duty line... quickening, of course!

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 07:30 PM
Zey DO NOTING!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9RxnjbXD30

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 07:32 PM
underneath all those belts there can only be one thing.... more belts!

Kard
Aug 11, 2008, 07:35 PM
Ranmaru has unleashed Hades upon us all...

Also, though this certainly won't help anyone, I usually just Bravery'd everyone up, stuck greatswords on 'em and brute forced everything to death (except Behemoth King, Zodiark (HATE </3) and Yiazmat) <.<

It's amazing how much that worked in that game.

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 07:39 PM
Hmm, Bravery + Greatswords = Success.

It's amazing how much that worked in that game.

Yeah, physical attacks are the best way to plow through Final Fantasy 12. I find that the only magic I ever use is healing and support magic.

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 07:40 PM
FFXII was pretty easy because it was pretty much godmodding with the license board

i feel bad for the bosses...

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 07:42 PM
FFXII was pretty easy because it was pretty much godmodding with the license board

i feel bad for the bosses...

Yes...By the end of the game, everyone can do everything imaginable. It's boring when your entire party is made up of superheroes.

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 07:45 PM
indeed... i actually liked FFXII a lot but i would still rather have it so there are seperate classes

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 07:48 PM
indeed... i actually liked FFXII a lot but i would still rather have it so there are seperate classes

You could try to beat it with an Enforced Class Challenge. I read about it on another part of the Internet.

PM me if you wish to hear more.

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 07:50 PM
nah, beating it once was enough, i heard the story if i play it again it will be after i'm caught up on my other rpgs...

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 07:53 PM
I probably will also be putting it down for good after beating it for the first time. The sheer amounts of gil I need to get hamper me from beating the game at a good pace. :disapprove:

Randomness
Aug 11, 2008, 07:54 PM
The only time I recall doing any dedicated gil-earning was for Tournesol.

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 07:54 PM
still at some point or another i always revisit my rpgs...

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 08:24 PM
I am off to play some FF12 for some odd reason. :3

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 08:25 PM
damn... once again all this talk of belts and rpgs has me wanting to play .hack//INFECTION and once again my mom has the tv

Ranmaru
Aug 11, 2008, 08:27 PM
Damn, but hey, at least you have Gba, for now.

Kard
Aug 11, 2008, 08:41 PM
Talon, just get Balthier to sweet-talk your mother into letting you use the tv. The way all the ladies swoon over his accent, I'm sure it'd work no prob~ ^-')b

Nitro Vordex
Aug 11, 2008, 08:41 PM
I'm gonna go play a REAL game.

*goes to play PSIV*

TalHex
Aug 11, 2008, 08:46 PM
.hack//: most bosses have infinite hp

Tact
Aug 11, 2008, 09:36 PM
The only time I recall doing any dedicated gil-earning was for Tournesol.

Well, yeah, but did you try to buy enough of everything for your characters to use? :disapprove:

Gryffin
Aug 12, 2008, 12:47 AM
I'D TAP IT

Also, my first post in FKL for months.. How I've missed it... <3

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 12, 2008, 04:05 AM
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb274/demononstrings/Cloud.jpg
he lacks belts
Then what do you call that wrestling championship looking one around his uh, raised very high waist?

Randomness
Aug 12, 2008, 10:47 AM
Well, yeah, but did you try to buy enough of everything for your characters to use? :disapprove:

When you make a point of killing almost every enemy you see, the gil flows pretty fast. (Also, taking like 5-6 tries to get the Demonslayer behind the Demon Wall helps-thats a huge chain of Tallows)

Tact
Aug 12, 2008, 11:37 AM
When you make a point of killing almost every enemy you see, the gil flows pretty fast. (Also, taking like 5-6 tries to get the Demonslayer behind the Demon Wall helps-thats a huge chain of Tallows)

I do kill every monster I see. Maybe it's a difference of opinion that makes me say there's not enough gil.