PDA

View Full Version : Is ANYONE going to be a non-master class after they come out?

RufuSwho
Aug 11, 2008, 03:02 PM
So hmm,

I'm probably not the only one who has a Fighmaster, a Gunmaster and a Masterforce in the works (all set with type levels to just click over the day they come out.)

Looking at the stats, its easy to see that a Fighmaster > Fortefighter and Gunmaster > Fortegunner. (Masterforce has different support tech cap than Fortetecher, so that's debateable).

So who will be left? Will there be any Fighgunners? hell no, is my guess. All our Doublesaber-loving friends will be Fighmasters, loving the ATP increase.

How about Guntechers? The Gunmaster is simply going to increase the gap between the ATP of Guntechers and there non-tech using counterpart, Fortegunner.

The only classes that will remain unique will be Protranser and Acrotecher. Level 50 support techs will have the ability to completely elevate a mediocre party to kick-ass-ness. (please, acrotechers, level your debuffs!)

What I'm asking: is anyone thinking "hey, I love xxx-type, and am not even going to touch the master classes."

I seriously doubt it.

What are you now? and what are your plans?

CelestialBlade
Aug 11, 2008, 03:04 PM
I'm not touching them, who the hell wants this game to get any easier? They have no variety either, which I find hideously boring. They just aren't for me.

Eyce_Theon
Aug 11, 2008, 03:07 PM
I like my Fighgunner/Protranser/Acrofighter/Acrotecher. Fun =/= DPS.

aquafire
Aug 11, 2008, 03:10 PM
I probably won't touch them either ('cept maybe masterforce...maybe). Love the fortes for balance and pp reduction.

Meta77
Aug 11, 2008, 03:13 PM
im not touching them.
Also i was in a part not to long ago and i had some ungrinded weapons in my pallet. Now take into account i hit killer numbers but they were makeing fun of the fact that either there were ungrined or a low %. Listen i could give a less @#%$ about the grind or % as long as i can kill stuff in 3 hits im happy. I dont want to take the thing down in 1 hit. wheres the fun in the game if you do that to every enemy.

Para
Aug 11, 2008, 03:14 PM
I like doublesabers and rapid fire guns... Not sure about my newman though.

I don't mind the game being easy.. Im more concerned about getting rares.

Gryffin
Aug 11, 2008, 03:15 PM
Out of all my friends, I'm like 1/2 GOING a Master Class. And even then, I'm only going MF.

I want some 41+ techs, and S rank Mags + Rods :P

mAsTeR OuTi
Aug 11, 2008, 03:18 PM
Holla,
I will change 3 of my 4 charas to any masterclass but my Acrofighter will stay until Acromaster comes out^^

so long

OuTi

Indica
Aug 11, 2008, 03:20 PM
My human will remain Protranser and other 2 characters will go Masterforce and Mastergunner

Akaimizu
Aug 11, 2008, 03:20 PM
I'll definitely play a Master-class. However, I definitely won't ONLY play a Master-class. I need the mix-up.

Turb0
Aug 11, 2008, 03:21 PM
The only one I plan I staying is gunmaster.

RufuSwho
Aug 11, 2008, 03:28 PM
Interesting, then there are alot of peeps going to stay how they are.

Hiya again Para. Hey is there a list of what A-rank weapons the Master classes can use? Only the S-ranks are listed at PSU pedia, but the info has to be availabe somewhere.

Wondering if Fighmasters are going to get A rank mech guns (or any other non-pistol gun, for that matter)

Heya Gryffin, the only drawback i see to Masterforce is the reduction of support techs to level 10 cap, while at the same time Fortetechers will be getting level 40 support techs.

I'm thinking that if you have lvl 50 Acrotecher buffs then Masterforce is superior, while if you are the only techer in the party, being Fortetecher will help more.

Also Typheros, good point about limited choices getting boring.

As for beefing up to the point of 1-hit kills: well, when S3's come out, with the accompanied mob HP increase, your 3 hit kills will be 9 hit kills, while 1 hit kills will become 3 hit kills. (Same as when S2 were first introduced.)

Peace and destruction to all.

Xefi
Aug 11, 2008, 03:30 PM
let me max out their classes first, then i will be a non-master class afterward.

Dragwind
Aug 11, 2008, 03:31 PM
I'll be trying all of them and making preparations for all of them to an extent, but I plan on only playing Gunmaster as a primary.

I'll fool around with the others, but I plan on putting a lot of focus into Gunmaster, and I'll probably play it alongside Fortegunner on my CAST. I still plan to play the other classes as well, especially Wartecher.

Kizeragi
Aug 11, 2008, 03:33 PM
My human will remain Protranser and other 3 characters will go Masterforce and Mastergunner and Fighmaster

This for me.

Gemel
Aug 11, 2008, 03:33 PM
I'm probably going to use the classes to level up my PAs even though they use more PP than other classes but other than that I'm mostly going to stay as WT.

Turb0
Aug 11, 2008, 03:44 PM
Hey is there a list of what A-rank weapons the Master classes can use? Only the S-ranks are listed at PSU pedia, but the info has to be availabe somewhere.

None. Masterclasses can only use S class weapons and armor. (But any rank slots)

Triple_S
Aug 11, 2008, 03:54 PM
I'm keeping mine. I MIGHT (emphasis on MIGHT) make my Human a Fighmaster just to see how things go. MIGHT.

RegulusHikari
Aug 11, 2008, 03:57 PM
My main is staying primarily FI and dropping FF for FM. His Fist PAs are going to my PT, who is dropping FG for GM. My FT is staying FT.

DPS =/= Fun but BIGGER NUMBARZ does not mean less fun. Anyone who's playing this game for a challenge needs to find a new game.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 11, 2008, 04:02 PM
Unless you have a bunch of high percent (like 35/40%+) S-ranks, Fortefighter is going to be just as good as Fighmaster, if not better (assuming you have really high percent A-ranks).

Gunmaster and Masterforce are a different story.

My Beast will stay AT, my Human will stay PT, and my Cast may try FM and/or GM. If I ever get around to leveling my Newman, I'll make him MF.

ashley50
Aug 11, 2008, 04:04 PM
its not like were REQUIRED to change to masterclasses when they come out...

Specializing in one weapon category is good but that means that's also your weakness.

Hiro_EtBlue
Aug 11, 2008, 04:23 PM
I will stay as Acrofighter. I just have more fun as one of those. I will probably make my CAST alt a Gunmaster though seeing as they can basically use all of the weapons I like.

Lyrix
Aug 11, 2008, 04:39 PM
Master classes can suck it, in my opinion. 4 weapons and no variety just sounds like a bucket of boring to me XD ill stick to being a FI/fF/WT/PT/AF/GT.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 11, 2008, 04:48 PM
Master classes can suck it, in my opinion. 4 weapons and no variety just sounds like a bucket of boring to me XD ill stick to being a FI/fF/WT/PT/AF/GT.

How about you try them when they come out?

Seriosly?
Before judging them

I mean really man you haven't even touched the classes

Unless well sure if you have a JP account -.-

Kylie
Aug 11, 2008, 04:50 PM
I might try one, but I'm skills-only. FM doesn't have the weapons I use most, so I won't use it all the time.

Guitarsmasher
Aug 11, 2008, 04:55 PM
I'll probably try MF a week or two after the classes are released, I'm not in a rush. Plus I'm not looking forward to lvling WT on my newman. I'll stay with MF only if I like lvl 41+ attack technics A LOT:D

fayt6
Aug 11, 2008, 04:57 PM
my main will go all three enventualy ...but really im going gunmaster first an then tech an then fight

GaNksTa
Aug 11, 2008, 04:58 PM
I have a FF, FiG, GT and FT. Out of all those classes only the FT has a slim chance of being changed to a MF...

Lyrix
Aug 11, 2008, 05:16 PM
How about you try them when they come out?

Seriosly?
Before judging them

I mean really man you haven't even touched the classes

Unless well sure if you have a JP account -.-

I've already used all the weapons they can use and the speed boost doesn't interest me at all >.> Not to mention, I like having the ability to have a full palette of 6 DIFFERENT weapon types.

I wasn't even interested in staying as one class, why would I want to limit my options even further? >.>

Will_Nonheim
Aug 11, 2008, 05:23 PM
To be honest I really like my dualwielding, as a Fighgunner human. I like being able to easily switch from bashing things fairly hard with twin sabers or doublesabers to becoming a decent gunner with my dualies. This is for my main character-- I do, however, intend to have my 3 secondary characters master their respective set of classes (my CAST gunner will master Fortegunner, Guntecher and Gunmaster. My Newman techer will master Fortetecher, Wartecher and Masterforce. My CAST fighter will master Fortefighter, Fighgunner and Fighmaster).

My human main is really meant to master all hybrid-type classes... So hopefully he'll be capable as not just a fighgunner, but also a wartecher, a guntecher, an acrotecher, an acrofighter and a protranser.

RufuSwho
Aug 11, 2008, 05:24 PM
ouch, Master classes have no A-ranks? thats news to me

the ATP differences are considerable, though

I like to pull out my spear on Fortegunner for those certain mobs that have 2 hit boxes and are supremly weak to Majjara. Without spears... bah

will Fighmaster still have a handgun?

landman
Aug 11, 2008, 05:29 PM
Any of my characters can be one only class, and specially one that is that limited (and, have you checked correctly the stats? fortes have better stats than masters)

Powder Keg
Aug 11, 2008, 05:29 PM
I'll try them out. The only one I'll be keeping is Masterforce most likely.

Fighmaster not having Twin Claws and Twin Sabers is a no-no for me.

Will_Nonheim
Aug 11, 2008, 05:30 PM
Nope, no handguns. Only doublesabers, axes, spears and swords-- and only S rank equips, nothing less.

Triple_S
Aug 11, 2008, 05:50 PM
Has anyone mentioned that Master classes actually use up MORE PP than the others?

Hrith
Aug 11, 2008, 05:59 PM
"Right after" the classes come out, not many people will stay on advanced ones. But once the novelty wears off, a lof of people will come back to the advanced classes.

RegulusHikari
Aug 11, 2008, 06:32 PM
Any of my characters can be one only class, and specially one that is that limited (and, have you checked correctly the stats? fortes have better stats than masters)

Except Gunmaster.

amtalx
Aug 11, 2008, 06:39 PM
The only people that will make a permanent chance are those that want to be more powerful. The people that play hybrid classes weren't that concerned with DPS to begin with.

Syl
Aug 11, 2008, 06:55 PM
The only people that will make a permanent chance are those that want to be more powerful. The people that play hybrid classes weren't that concerned with DPS to begin with.

Unless you're trying to set a time attack record or something, DPS isn't that important anymore :/

Kizeragi
Aug 11, 2008, 06:58 PM
Any of my characters can be one only class, and specially one that is that limited(and, have you checked correctly the stats? fortes have better stats than masters)

Level 50 PA's more than make up for that.

@Triple S: Heard of a Photon charge? They're those non-important items that cost 500each in the NPC shop. You might wanna use them.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 11, 2008, 07:02 PM
Has anyone mentioned that Master classes actually use up MORE PP than the others?

Use a photon charge

ThaiSoup
Aug 11, 2008, 07:03 PM
I'll be messing with fighmaster for sure. gonna miss my "twin______" weapons. I don't really play non melee though. Though if I got around to leveling techer up more, I wouldn't go master. Well...maybe. Wouldn't mind lagging ps2ers when I get bored.

RyuRoots
Aug 11, 2008, 07:06 PM
I leveled Guntecher and Fighgunner to 10 in MAG so I can try Fighmaster and Gunmaster, but the lvl 10 support for MF is kinda blehg to me. Honestly, I'm not too excited about them. No variety, more PP cost, and no cool A-rank weapons. Yay. =/ But I figure it can't hurt to try them, so I will at least try them with an open mind for awhile before I say I'll never play them or something.

Triple_S
Aug 11, 2008, 07:16 PM
@Triple S: Heard of a Photon charge? They're those non-important items that cost 500each in the NPC shop. You might wanna use them.

Yes, and I actually carry them around.

Really, this only matters for Fighmasters since most fighters in this game tend to forget they have a normal attack and when it comes time to use it they get their asses kicked.

Tiyr
Aug 11, 2008, 07:18 PM
Versatility = more fun than ZOMGUBERDPS. I'll be staying with my hybrid classes (GT / WT / FiG).

amtalx
Aug 11, 2008, 07:26 PM
Unless you're trying to set a time attack record or something, DPS isn't that important anymore :/

I don't think is been important since pre-AoI, but I just don't like knowing I could be putting up bigger numbers. :p

gryphonvii
Aug 11, 2008, 07:30 PM
I'll probably sitch fighmaster back to fortefighter because I've leveled too many skills that figmaster can't utilize. I am not sure about the others but my human will remain acrotecher.

DarK-SuN
Aug 11, 2008, 07:31 PM
Fighmaster is the only Master class I'm going to use with one of my characters, all the others will still use Fighgunner (I had two, because one of them was already made thinking of going Fighmaster), Wartecher and Acrotecher.

Of course, I'm going Fighmaster for the sole reason that it has S rank swords, S rank double sabers and S rank axes in the same bag, all of it with added speed.
None of the other Masters interest me at all in any way, shape or form.

Bosses will likely be the only thing problematic in a party for an FM, but since I mostly only play with friends and rarely with random parties, they won't mind to wait for me to get a hit in before blasting it off the sky in the case of bosses that require a lot of ranged gear to take them out.

Edit: About the ones talking about higher PP usage: like some said, use photon charges or simply learn how to use "just attacks" with normal attacks prior to using the PA; you'd be surprised at the PP you get back from doing it, more often than not almost equal to the PP the PA combo string itself used.
Also, having Skill Save units (like Cati / Skill PP Save and other similar ones) helps a lot.
Example, using my Fighgunner, due to making sure I use "just attacks" properly and by making sure I don't blindly spam PAs, I pretty much keep all my melee weapons with their PP nearly full, so once I get to a photon charger crystal in some areas, if I use more than 50 meseta to refill them all up, it's a miracle.

In other words, Fighmaster is definitely not for the Skill PA spammers.

Hrith
Aug 11, 2008, 07:34 PM
The only people that will make a permanent change are those that want to be more powerful. The people that play hybrid classes weren't that concerned with DPS to begin with.Wait and see, I'm still not convinced GM outdamages FG.
PSU has too many bullet-resistant critters (FG wins).
Grenade launchers kill bosses faster than shotguns (FG wins).
Lv40 crossbows outdamage Lv50 twin handguns for mobile weaponry (FG wins).
Crappy STA will severely slow you down over time (FG wins).

Ken_Silver
Aug 11, 2008, 07:53 PM
I will be a Wartecher until the end of time. No other class is going to come out and change that. We maybe weak, we maybe slow, we may have a low defense, despite being the "tank" class of PSU, but I will stay that class until the very, very end.

I have an alternate character set up for Fighmaster, but since I don't play my alts that much at all, Wartecher for the win!

And why do I say a Wartecher? Because of the Palette choice. The right to use Technics, Knuckles, Spears and Bows. And they can use Sabers, Twin Sabers, Madoogs and Shadoogs too. I couldn't ask for a better palette choice.

amtalx
Aug 11, 2008, 08:28 PM
Wait and see, I'm still not convinced GM outdamages FG.
PSU has too many bullet-resistant critters (FG wins).
Grenade launchers kill bosses faster than shotguns (FG wins).
Lv40 crossbows outdamage Lv50 twin handguns for mobile weaponry (FG wins).
Crappy STA will severely slow you down over time (FG wins).

Fighting a boss might be close between fG and GM, but the extra 10 bullet levels and 30% speed boost more than make up for that time over the course of the rest of the mission.
Low STA will be annoying, but on a majority of missions, there is usually only one SE that can't be easily remedied with a Antimate/Sol.
Mobility weapons become less and less necessary with every level cap. Back in the day, moving around was necessary because enemies had high HP relative to our damage output (remember when DoTs were useful?), and we had low HP relative to enemy damage. However, now most enemies can be dispatched with two blasts from a Shotgun. If you have solid armor, its better to take a possible hit (that won't do much damage anyway) and have a chance at a Shotgun JC. fG EVP isn't the cream of the crop, but in my experience its been enough to rip through mobs even with basic Zodiaride.

Pika
Aug 11, 2008, 08:38 PM
right now, they look to limited for me....no plans to change here..

Packrat
Aug 11, 2008, 08:50 PM
I'll stick with Wartecher. I'm already at lvl 20 but I see no reason to switch <.<

Shou
Aug 11, 2008, 09:00 PM
I think the Fighmaster class would be good for people that cant play the game as long as other people because you dont have to lvl many PA.

Yuicihi
Aug 11, 2008, 09:08 PM
I'll probably end up staying FG/PT, simply because I'm incredibly stubborn, and I honestly couldn't care less about how many numbers I put up.

Skye-Fox713
Aug 11, 2008, 09:09 PM
I'm probably gonna cap Gunmaster before I switch back to fortegunner (I like my mechguns to much)

Noblewine
Aug 11, 2008, 11:25 PM
I'm going to stick with the classes I'm using now. I don't really see a reason to switch to any of the master classes.

lokey013
Aug 11, 2008, 11:31 PM
I think I love my S Rank bows too much...=P...well that and I'm worried how the spells would totally slow down a game =/

e_Tard
Aug 11, 2008, 11:33 PM
I'm at least going to try out each masterclass when they come out. My fG will become a GM, my fT/AT will become a MF, and my FG/fF/PT will become a FM. Gunmaster is the only class I'm fairly certain I'm going to stick with in the long haul. fG is also my main so I'm really excited about this class. I'll see how Fighmaster plays out but I can see myself switching back to PT and fF.

Master force is the class I'm the least excited for, after nearly a year being an AT I don't know if I'll enjoy playing with a lvl10 support tech cap. I've been finishing lvling up my fT class these past few days, and it has just made me remember why I switched to AT in the first place when AoI came out. I would imagine MF is going to play out very similar to fT, minus any type of support play. Not my cup of tea. I'll try MF out but I can almost guarantee I'll be back to AT within a week or two.

My GT is going to stay GT, I really enjoy that class in AoI. Versatile and a lot of fun IMO. I made her in PSU vanilla but never really played much since GT was a super gimp fest back then. In fact, remembering the horrors of lvl 10 techs is part of the reason I'm shying away from MF.

Tessu
Aug 12, 2008, 12:04 AM
I'm sticking to fortes.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 12, 2008, 12:24 AM
I plan on passing down the AT and GT role to my 4th slot, so yes they'll still have a use.

RandomTask
Aug 12, 2008, 12:41 AM
I will remain as a Guntecher on my main. I switched to GT from Fortegunner because Fortegunner doesn't have as much variety. Gunmaster takes this even further limiting you to only 4 weapon types. Effective but very boring.

DC_Seraph
Aug 12, 2008, 12:48 AM
Ill try them, but ill mostlikely end up staying fighgunner/protranser/acrofighter/acrotcher.

unicorn
Aug 12, 2008, 12:51 AM
My Newman will try MF, but I don't think I want to give up FT's defensive stats and more versatile weapon selection. Thats outside support.

I probably won't pick up Fighmaster for my CAST. FF has twin claws and a handgun.

My beast will probably still main at GT with FG and GM on the side.

My female CAST will pick up Wartecher, Guntecher, and Acrotecher.

Dre_o
Aug 12, 2008, 01:04 AM
Well..my primary character is staying Figunner. I need my weapon variety. I don't care about damage. Game without Neiclaw/Crossbow =very little fun. I'd also miss my Twin Durandals and DBs too much.

Don't have any S rank Force items so my 3rd Alt will have to stay Forte

2nd alt may go Gunmaster, but I don't know. Need to get more S-Rifles before that happens.

1st alt...is a weird one who needs weapon variety. No change likely.

mvffin
Aug 12, 2008, 01:55 AM
I plan on leveling master classes on some of my characters, but I can't stay the same class forever, and I plan on swapping back and forth between master/forte/hybrid

My beast will be GM/GT/FG, possibly MF
My cast will be FI/GT/FG/AF
My other cast will be FM/FF/PT
My newman will be MF/AT/AF(and AM if it comes out)

landman
Aug 12, 2008, 01:58 AM
Level 50 PA's more than make up for that.

Photon Arts are not stats, I never said Masters don't out damage Fortes, I said their stats are worst and it's the truth :wacko:

EMPYREAN
Aug 12, 2008, 02:07 AM
as long as masters only get 4 weps im not gonna play as any of them as it will simply be too boring.

Fure_Rakune
Aug 12, 2008, 02:16 AM
GunTecher fo life.

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 12, 2008, 02:50 AM
Ema's going to be Fighmaster and Gunmaster, but I'll still level on fF, fG, PT, and FG if I feel in the mood. Yusaku is probably staying Acrotecher, but I will try Masterforce. Harry Potter will probably stay Fortetecher. Bastrad Sword will remain fortefighter.

zandra117
Aug 12, 2008, 04:23 AM
My main character, a female newman, will swap between fighmaster, masterforce, and acrotecher.
My second character, a female beast, will remain protranser.
My third character, a female cast, will be a gunmaster.

I haven't made a fourth character yet but it will be a human female acromaster, whenever that class releases.

Arika
Aug 12, 2008, 04:34 AM
My human will remain Protranser and other 2 characters will go Masterforce and Mastergunner
if you didnt plan for FM, heh, trade me FM stuff lol

RufuSwho
Aug 12, 2008, 09:42 AM
really disturbing that Fighmaster has no ranged weps.

just stand and around and stare the flying bosses to death

maybe they will laugh so hard at my inabilty to damage them that they will implode

bah

Might have to stay Fortefighter just for the handgun :/

Tuxedose
Aug 12, 2008, 09:47 AM
My Main Char will stay Fighgunner since I love to be able to use guns in combination with double sabers. My Force will be Masterforce and my Protranser is gonna stay protranser.

If I make a new fourth char I might make a Master class out of it.

DarkEliteRico
Aug 12, 2008, 10:29 AM
really disturbing that Fighmaster has no ranged weps.

just stand and around and stare the flying bosses to death

maybe they will laugh so hard at my inabilty to damage them that they will implode

bah

Might have to stay Fortefighter just for the handgun :/Even without any ranged weapons there is a nice video somewhere of a group of FM's taking down a boss with one jabroga pummel after waiting the 40 seconds for him to drop to the ground.

The lack of weapons is their strength and weakness

RufuSwho
Aug 12, 2008, 11:50 AM
COOL

link?

I know that the MAG boss is pretty good at dieing when he finally comes along side the raft.

btw, you can hit TWO hit boxes with Majjara if you are positioned exactly in between the damage nodes.

x2 damage = death to the flying snake

Ail
Aug 12, 2008, 11:54 AM
Lena will stay fighgunner forever. i find it the funniest job to play for my combat style (and considering i dont like playing fortefighter i can't imagine using fighmaster..)
Sara will go from Fortegunner to Gunmaster without any problem ^^

DarkEliteRico
Aug 12, 2008, 11:54 AM
COOL

link?

I know that the MAG boss is pretty good at dieing when he finally comes along side the raft.

btw, you can hit TWO hit boxes with Majjara if you are positioned exactly in between the damage nodes.

x2 damage = death to the flying snakeWish i could find the video for you, youtube is being a bit retarded today for me currently. Finding more gunmaster videos then anything, i'll keep looking though

lantis-zagato
Aug 12, 2008, 12:48 PM
im switching my fighgunner to fighmaster but not permanantly. I will switch between the two most likely because of the weapon selection restrictions on fighmaster. other than that, ill keep my protranser, acrotecher, and guntecher as they are now.

Hiroko
Aug 12, 2008, 12:56 PM
Hiroko will stay FT! No need to lose TP, even for the extra tech levels...I just can't justify MF for her. As for Sakurazaki, I want to play around with Fighmaster, and see how I like it compared to Fighgunner, ^^

BFGfreak
Aug 12, 2008, 01:03 PM
Mostly, It's just I want to play around with them, I'm probebly not going to go FM, just not enough weapons selections (however, my female newman is set for that), GM and TM, maybe, because their skills do improve drastically at level 41+ (megid with SE4 anyone)

Cracka_J
Aug 12, 2008, 01:19 PM
My fF will go FM.
My fT will go MF.
My fG will play GM, fG, GT and FI situationally.
My AT will stay AT.

And I don't get why people are comparing master classes to B1g NuMbARz. They key to master classes is the speed increase, which I'm all for. Built-in increased pa/tech speed = win. You people clinging to your forte classes will be jumping ship like it was the titanic when you see what these classes can do.

Darius_Drake
Aug 12, 2008, 01:33 PM
I will be split. Two of my characters will move to a master class (fighmaster, gunmaster), while my other two characters will remain with their current class (acrotecher, protranser-acrofighter).

relentless
Aug 12, 2008, 01:53 PM
fT = MF
fF = FM
fG = GM
4th char = ??? probably nothing

Ezodagrom
Aug 12, 2008, 02:52 PM
AF will stay as AF
GT will stay as GT
fF will change to FM
fT will stay as fT
...So...only 1 of my chars will be a master class...

Alastor_Haven
Aug 12, 2008, 03:18 PM
FF - > FM
FG - > GM
FT - > MF
WT - > WT

All but my 4th char

RemiusTA
Aug 12, 2008, 03:35 PM
The master classes are not an end-all class.

They are no farther apart from the other classes as the Hybrid ones are from the Forte. They just focus on one specific aspect, give you GREAT mobility to exploit that aspect, and shun everything else in order to keep the balance.

Fighmaster has weapon restrictions with increased weapon speed and photon arts,
gunmaster have reduced weapon selection with Lv50 bullets and extreme modifiers, Masterforce has a strict Technic pallet selection with horrible support capabilities but far more powerful Offensive technics with more range, power and speed.

fortefighter, fortegunner and Fortetecher will still be useful classes.

pikachief
Aug 12, 2008, 03:42 PM
FighMaster

I wanna try the faster big weapons, and i really dont use much besides those weapons either :P
I also like to be fast and strong, and im gonna be Fighmaser until Acromaster comes out.

GunMaster

I only use Shotguns, Twinhandguns, and Lasers as a Fortegunner, and the occasioanl rifle for Killer shot and for status effects. Gunmaster gives me that but stronger and faster i love it :wacko:

MasterForce

I dont care about being really strong i jsut wanna be helpful in the party. I'm gonna go masterforce to get lvl 41 spells, mess with them a bit but then most likely move back down to switching between Acrotecher and Fortetecher, especially since they'll have a boost on their support spells! ^^ (i like support :P )

RadiantLegend
Aug 12, 2008, 06:29 PM
Legendaim - FighMaster

Radiantaim - GunMaster

Broodstar1337
Aug 12, 2008, 07:20 PM
I stayed Fighgunner on the JP servers. What other class lets anyone use Psycho Crusher, Falcon Punch, duelies, and Majarra?

Probably build up Cross Hurricane after I get home from the desert.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 12, 2008, 08:26 PM
I play Hybrid classes, so the Master classes do notr interest me

Sidney
Aug 12, 2008, 09:04 PM
:roll: It's going to be like the beginning of the game, with only 3 classes running around.

WhiteKnight01
Aug 14, 2008, 10:26 AM
acrotecher all the way, il go to masterforce when i get everything to lv 50 naturaly, and i do love to debuff

stukasa
Aug 14, 2008, 11:32 AM
My main will be Masterforce and my alt will be Gunmaster but my second alt will stay Acrofighter. For some reason Fighmaster doesn't really appeal to me. ^^; (plus, I don't have that many S-rank armors and melee weapons anyway!)

Hrith
Aug 14, 2008, 11:44 AM
Mobility weapons become less and less necessary with every level cap. Back in the day, moving around was necessary because enemies had high HP relative to our damage output (remember when DoTs were useful?), and we had low HP relative to enemy damage.And we'll have Lv150~160 monsters, soon. Monsters gain a lot of HP per level (compare AS S to AS S2), and their other stats seem to increase faster than ours as well (compare TD S2 to MAG S, for instance).

30% speed boost to already fast weapons does not give such an advantage as it gives to Fighmaster =/

Pillan
Aug 14, 2008, 12:05 PM
So I guess I’ll go ahead and list all the reasons I can think of not to play the master classes.

Fortefighter:

- If you like big numbers. (Sure FM wins in damage per time, but not damage per hit unless the hidden modifiers go up by a lot more.)
- If you like any of the other 5 S ranks fF has but FM doesn’t. Or if you like using fF’s A rank line-up at maximum output.
- If you want to cut down the hour you spend against De Rol Le and Falz solo to 30 minutes.

Fighgunner:

- If you like any of FG’s other S ranks. (Yeah, this is a tough one to argue since half the FGs were only playing that class for double sabers.)
- If you want to cut down the hour you spend against De Rol Le and Falz solo to 15 minutes.

Fortegunner:

- Boma Duranga + Dus Majara. Need I say more?

Guntecher:

- If you like GT’s other S ranks or if you want to use cards at their maximum potential. They are still your one and only choice for S crossbows, after all.

Fortetecher:

- Support techs. If there’s no one in the party with better buffs, odds are that the FMs and GMs in your team will make your party clear the stage faster than the MF would.

Wartecher:

- If you were playing this class, you don’t care about DPS. Don’t even kid yourself with that idea. (That’s not to say that WT doesn’t have advantages, but we’ve all heard them a million times over and writing it that way is funnier.)

Protranser:

- EX traps, obviously.
- Also the ability to equip all heavy melee and ranged weapons at S.

Acrofighter:

- If you like S rank slicers, shadoogs, or single daggers.

Acrotecher:

- What Master class doesn’t want 50 buffs on their team?
- Whips… (And S cards too.)

And, of course, probably the best reason of all not to use the Master classes is the tremendous price drop that will come with all of the gear that they can’t equip. I can’t wait to see what kind of prices Tiga De Ragan, Sange and Yasha, and Germinus Gun have just because no one really uses them.

As for myself, I’ll try Fighmaster and possibly Gunmaster. Fighmaster is obviously the most interesting to me just because of the whole axe + sword + double saber thing. I never really cared for any of the Gunmaster guns beside shotguns (though I do like twin handguns too and laser cannons just look cool). But I personally like machineguns, shadoogs, and whips far too much to be tied down to a Master class the majority of the time. I will say bye bye to Fortefighter though.

EDIT:

Also has anyone confirmed that it is a 30% speed boost? That sounds a bit off considering that MF only had a 20% or so advantage over fT after a speed unit was added.

amtalx
Aug 14, 2008, 12:22 PM
And we'll have Lv150~160 monsters, soon. Monsters gain a lot of HP per level (compare AS S to AS S2), and their other stats seem to increase faster than ours as well (compare TD S2 to MAG S, for instance).

30% speed boost to already fast weapons does not give such an advantage as it gives to Fighmaster =/

If there is significant jump in enemy levels, you might have a point. However, since AoI, ST has been intent on pressing the easy button. :( While the difficulty may fluctuate based on player level cap vs. enemy level cap, I don't think we'll ever return to the point where Xbows were all but required for gunners. That would be nice though. Its ironic that ST gives us SE5 when it really doesn't matter anymore.

AweOfShe
Aug 14, 2008, 01:37 PM
After having a taste of Fighmaster and Masterforce speed, I myself am having a hard time wanting to go back to the forte classes.

Doesn't necissarily mean I'm going to stay as them, 100% of the time I play, from now on. There's obviously times when I'm going to want to use Single/Twin Saber/Dagger/Claw just for variety.

But as of right now, I'm enjoying the master classes way too much. :D

Gravity/Tornado Break, Daggas/Majarra/Robado, Spiral/Tornado Dance, Dugrega/Redda/Jabroga... Sure, the weapon variety is limited, but there's still a good variety of PAs to keep me satisfied for a long while.

And having Freeze/Sleep/Confuse Trap Gs available to me is a nice addition.

relentless
Aug 14, 2008, 01:59 PM
I can see it already. I won't even get time to think about going back from master classes. lol
It was just like with my fF Human.
I started lvling her, and thought "Yeah let's keep her a FiG mainly and do some fF if needed!".. what turned out
was the opposite, never went back to FiG when I first changed to fF. XD

Hrith
Aug 14, 2008, 02:38 PM
Fortegunner:

- Boma Duranga + Dus Majara. Need I say more?Boma Duranga is not all that on Fortegunner, sadly. It takes way too much HP off you at Lv40, only to gain 10~20 seconds killing a boss that dies in less than one minute to begin with. Restocking on Trimates takes more than that >_>

Until ST decides to give us Fortegunners over 4500 HP, no dice.

RufuSwho
Aug 14, 2008, 03:28 PM
AweOfShe

did you say that Fighmaster is going to get traps?!

thats really sweet for holding the mobs close

please confirm

CelestialBlade
Aug 14, 2008, 03:30 PM
AweOfShe

please confirm
Yeah, it's true, as if Fighmaster couldn't get anymore broken XD

Freeze Trap G + 30% faster Jabroga = You win everything, far too easily.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 14, 2008, 03:38 PM
AweOfShe

please confirm

Very true

AweOfShe
Aug 14, 2008, 09:22 PM
AweOfShe

please confirm

Yes, but just the three I mentioned specifically... which is more than enough. XD

Arika
Aug 14, 2008, 10:58 PM
Yeah, it's true, as if Fighmaster couldn't get anymore broken XD

Freeze Trap G + 30% faster Jabroga = You win everything, far too easily.
Mastergunner are also broken too! heh.
only MasterForce that fall behind.

goldbrease
Aug 14, 2008, 11:27 PM
probably for the level 160+ mobs your going to need to go master class.

goldbrease
Aug 14, 2008, 11:33 PM
Mastergunner are also broken too! heh.
only MasterForce that fall behind.

except when they nuke there tech blinds all the other players in the vicinity because of the huge spell effects!

NDW
Aug 15, 2008, 12:30 AM
Three of my four characters will be a master type, my fourth is my Acrotecher. I will enjoy using LV 50 Photon Arts on all of my characters. My characters will be:

Beast - Fighmaster
CAST - Gunmaster
Newman - Masterforce
Human - Acrotecher

except when they nuke there tech blinds all the other players in the vicinity because of the huge spell effects!

Until there is the visual TECHNIC nerf where LV 31+ TECHNICs will appear as LV 21+.

CelestialBlade
Aug 15, 2008, 12:30 AM
probably for the level 160+ mobs your going to need to go master class.
I really, really doubt that, considering how easily the 120s and such already fall. Maybe to solo, sure, but a freaking full party of Newman Wartechers could take a level-160 mission.

SpiLLeDGliTTeR
Aug 15, 2008, 09:27 AM
Eww...

gundam0079
Aug 15, 2008, 09:38 AM
ill go mfighmaster and get it lvl 20 and then go back to FF or PT, but thats bout it

Nai_Calus
Aug 15, 2008, 11:47 AM
Let's see. I like Sabers, Daggers, Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Spears, Knuckles, Crossbows, Longbows, Twin Handguns, Wands, Madoogs and Supporting.

I usually play Fighgunner, with the occasional bout of Guntecher.

I don't like Fortefighter because I don't like the lack of gun selection.

Uh... I'd pick a Masterclass again why? >_>;

Ryokai
Aug 15, 2008, 12:07 PM
I think I will be staying fighgunner to be honest. I might give it a try though. We'll see lol

ArmedesInf.X9000
Aug 15, 2008, 01:03 PM
If they take any longer to get to US servers....probably not. My future Fighmaster plans more and more go out the window.....but I might consider it again if Lv.150 Char cap comes into play. But my decisions get less set in stone as I play...so I might change my mind.

BanF
Aug 15, 2008, 01:11 PM
I don't plan to use Master classes at all. My WT, GT, AF and FT suit me just fine.

AlliThePally
Aug 15, 2008, 01:20 PM
I may use gunmaster. However the others just dont look like fun -_-

XReikaX
Aug 15, 2008, 01:22 PM
Imma cap out Fighmaster, then switch back to my main class. I'll probly use Fighmaster whenever I want to rush to a level cap or am speed running...Which I rarely do since I solo most of the time anyway, and want my soloing to be at least somewhat of a challenge. <_<