PDA

View Full Version : PSU Strange GH-470's line

Omega-chan
Aug 11, 2008, 04:05 PM
...Okay, I know this is a stupid question. But I've honestly never witnessed this happening before, and I'm curious as to why it does.

I was on a MAG run with a friend of mine and since I was leading, I decided to bring my GH-470. (That's the cute little shota-boy PM, for those of you who don't keep up on the types.) Okay, cool, we were literally decimating the field. So, we get into the mines area...

And then, I witness something that has never, NOT ONCE, happened to me in all my time dragging my PM along on missions.

I'm standing in front of/slightly beside the PM, casting my spells. My friend's out there in the middle of the melee, meleeing like he does. And out of nowhere, without even getting hit (my friend was drawing all the fire, so I was standing back and trying to lay down a solid line of support for him), my PM suddenly goes "Ow..."

I blink in confusion, and think I'm seeing things.

We progress; he does it again. This time I have a finger on the screencap button (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/AtarashiiKisetsu/PSU/AoI/psu20080811_144742_001.jpg) (that's a link thar) so I can prove I'm not seeing things.

We get to the last area of the mines; he does it a THIRD time.

Not one single time did he get hit, status afflicted, or anything that could have caused him to say it; I was keeping a close eye on him after that first time.

...Anyone know why the heck he was saying it? ^_^;

(Edit: I just took him on a solo run through C, to discard several other factors. I theorized it might be because he's an NPC, and the NPCs you get in MAG say things at certain points, but he only said it in the mines, and only three times again. I thought he might say it when faced with a "large" or a "buffed" monster, but he didn't say it when confronted with the last Shinowa Hidoki or the Bead Groodes. He said each "Ow..." roughly two to two and a half minutes apart, I don't know if that has anything to do with anything at all but that's how I (not really paying too much attention) timed it. And he only started saying it at the room right after where you get Sue, where there's a sharp corner and you run into a Shinowa Hidoki and two Special Ops (Vobis) in the turn.

I'm at a loss. I really am. What about the mines, and nothing else, is causing it? A mystery...)

MiniBrian
Aug 11, 2008, 08:22 PM
lol thats really weird. would gireta be it? (idk i dont use pms or magic.)

Proff
Aug 11, 2008, 08:50 PM
Thing about NPC's is, they don't always do the same thing on your screen as they're doing on someone else's. Maybe he did get hit on somebody's screen but not on yours but that's why he talked? I dunno. Weird shit.

Csero
Aug 12, 2008, 05:20 AM
I <3 GH 470. I have used him for a while on all sorts of missions and never seen him do this. I haven't taken him on MAG though. Got too many friends who want to tag along.