PDA

View Full Version : You may have taken my network cable...

Out_Kast
Aug 12, 2008, 07:18 AM
But you can't keep me off your wireless >)

Sorry Van if I made you stay up and I wasn't even there ;-;

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 12, 2008, 07:37 AM
Stealing Leeching wireless?

I only get a 50% unlocked lynksys in the backyard to play some Tetris DS. Almost worth the amount of disconnects I get per minute.

Well he's a Van, he's cool and probably has awesome airbrushed graphics on the side and he can go where you are if he wants to thanks to the wheels! Go Van go!

Out_Kast
Aug 12, 2008, 07:58 AM
I never understood why people say using other people's wireless is illegal. It's not as though they're paying any more money for it.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 12, 2008, 08:16 AM
Potentially it has that liability though if the service plans are for a byte limit on uploads/DL's per month or something, yes?

If not, correct as necessary. I'm not completely educated on the subject.
-
Also yeah, two way street, close it up and protect it from unwanted outside use, and or be courteous about using a network you don't own/host- they might not know its open and susceptible for use by anyone but on the other spectrum they may have left it open for all to use. Just don't abuse, is what the thing here 'to get' is.

Out_Kast
Aug 12, 2008, 08:22 AM
Well I suppose if the provider gives a DL limit, then I understand.
But unlimited download? Surely it shouldn't be a problem.
But still, Haya, long time no speak. How's things going on your side of the world?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 12, 2008, 08:26 AM
Good, can't complain.

On the wrong sleep cycle though. Should fix that before school semesters start up again soon.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 12, 2008, 08:47 AM
Quick post before I leave.

I've nothing to say. D;

Meyfei
Aug 12, 2008, 09:50 AM
heres something that might make you lose sleep. im thinking of going back to school and putting an effort.

but then again being 18 in G9 i dont think they'll allow me in... ohwell onward to getting a G E D i guess

Tact
Aug 12, 2008, 11:05 AM
but then again being 18 in G9 i dont think they'll allow me in... ohwell onward to getting a G E D i guess

Whoa, 18 in ninth grade? Keep at it, Meyfei, you'll get through this year.

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 12, 2008, 11:22 AM
I never understood why people say using other people's wireless is illegal. It's not as though they're paying any more money for it.

The law isn't really there for someone who's content to steal a little bit of someone's network bandwidth. The law is there because of the potential for a hacker sitting in the house next door to use a port sniffer to keep track of your incoming and outgoing transmissions, and thus, obtain your passwords and potentially your credit card numbers.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 12, 2008, 04:58 PM
heres something that might make you lose sleep. im thinking of going back to school and putting an effort.

I just lost a little respect for you Meyfei. :disapprove: