PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Thinking of trying it out again...

Iromegane
Aug 12, 2008, 11:15 AM
Hello all,

I used to play the PC/PS2 version of PSU about a year or so ago regularly. I already have the expansion, but have not got a chance to scratch the content in it. With my original time through, I had a really hard time leveling, and only got to 27.

I'm thinking of coming back, but how is this version doing nowadays? Last time I played, everyone feared room hacks and such- is that still the same?

Also, please ignore if off-topic, but with Wartecher, I'd like to use the tech aspect of it for basic(not excellent) healing/support, and the occasional offensive spell with a lot of heavy melee. Could a Newman pull that off, or would Beast be a better choice?

Thanks a lot for reading.^^;

Ithildin
Aug 12, 2008, 11:39 AM
If you wanna level quickly now is the time to get back online. MAG(2) is up atm. Its an event of sorts and basically it's old levels of PSO which everyone spams over and over for great exp and MP. Personally I find MAG boring as hell and I would rather watch paint dry then spam that mission. However, as I said, you will level very quickly and pick up decent amounts of meseta too.

HELLBOT
Aug 12, 2008, 11:41 AM
If you wanna level quickly now is the time to get back online. MAG(2) is up atm. Its an event of sorts and basically it's old levels of PSO which everyone spams over and over for great exp and MP. Personally I find MAG boring as hell and I would rather watch paint dry then spam that mission. However, as I said, you will level very quickly and pick up decent amounts of meseta too.

it gets that way after the 9,858,478,227,577,164th run =)

Guitarsmasher
Aug 12, 2008, 11:43 AM
IMO, AOTI is great, there's loads more content and I haven't heard any talk about room hacks in an awfully long time, so it sounds like we may be clear of it.

If you're positive you want to be a wartecher, I'd say that newman is out of the picture since you'll be leaning towards melee. You're best bet would probably be Beast or Cast, or human if you think you'll be doing more technics.

With MAG2 out, you're going to be having a much easier time to level. I've went from lvl 50-80 in less than a week and many other people have gained more than just 30 lvls from MAG2. But hurry though, since MAG2 will be ending on August 21st I think (unless it's lasting longer than three weeks)

IMO, AOTI is great, there's loads more content and I haven't heard any talk about room hacks in an awfully long time, so it sounds like we may be clear of it.

If you're positive you want to be a wartecher, I'd say that newman is out of the picture since you'll be leaning towards melee. You're best bet would probably be Beast or Cast, or human if you think you'll be doing more technics.

Iromegane
Aug 12, 2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks for all the tips everyone!

I suppose I will have to play that beast, haha. I mean, I'm so dead used to being able to have a HUnewearl still, but it's a hang up I have to retire. Beast seems to be pretty cool too. Leveling force makes my head hurt, haha.

Then again, maybe I could make the Newman an Acrotecher one day. I think that's a suitable class since Acro's seem to rely on techs more?:-?

Or perhaps I'll be a stubborn fool and make the Newman not use many techs.:P

One step at a time! :P

Will the old PSO levels still be there after the event at all? Just curious!

Noblewine
Aug 12, 2008, 10:56 PM
Yes, each planet will get one of the PSO missions. However only Forest of Illusion is available and can be found on Moatoob but its difficult to get and requires alot of time to locate. The chance of finding it is to have more people in your party to disband/regroup and check each door in the lobbies.

--edit--

The other 3 aren't out yet. Sorry I'm abit tired.

darkante
Aug 12, 2008, 11:00 PM
Yes, each planet will get on of the PSO missions. However they're difficult to get and requires alot of time to locate. The chance of finding these exclusive missions is to have more people in your party to disband/regroup and check each door in the lobbies.

Uhm, isnīt Forest of Illusion on Moatoob the only existing one atm? =P

Alastor_Haven
Aug 12, 2008, 11:08 PM
The whole disband thing is revamped - >

Instead of everyone checking it

Only the leader can check it
And you can can't get it two times in a row
Along with that fact

Forest of the illusion is the only existing atm
Then Caves of illusion in the next update

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 13, 2008, 12:25 AM
MAG' should be there after MAG ends, so yes, the PSO levels should be accessible at any time henceforth.

ashley50
Aug 13, 2008, 12:56 AM
you'll get dissapointed sooner or later, Like everyone who comes back from "quitting" and then quit again.

the Cycle just repeats ;l

Para
Aug 13, 2008, 11:31 AM
The whole disband thing is revamped - >

Instead of everyone checking it

Only the leader can check it
And you can can't get it two times in a row
Along with that fact

Forest of the illusion is the only existing atm
Then Caves of illusion in the next update

Are you sure you can't get it twice in a row? I got it with a party awhile ago twice in a row.

Iromegane
Aug 13, 2008, 07:42 PM
you'll get dissapointed sooner or later, Like everyone who comes back from "quitting" and then quit again.

the Cycle just repeats ;l

Way to assume:p

Though I really can't blame you, it seems like this happens more often than not, right?:-?^^;

I never really PLAYED it, in my opinion. I never even got to level 30, because I flail about too much. I'm not mad at ST, or anything like that. I just had trouble trying to absorb it all. I hope this makes sense.>_>;;

Just one last request, if anyone could point me in the direction of a good n00b guide, that would rock. As a Wartecher, a player in general, I do know the basics, but I do not know what to sell/synth/give to the bubbly little robot in my room.:p

To try and understand before spending money, I'm playing some Illuminus offline in order to try and learn the class offline since it's supposed to be faster. Then perchance I'll figure some stuff out! Hopefully.:-P

I would love to get in before this event ends, lol. It sounds VERY nice.:)

P.S.: I must say the addition of the timed attacks/counters are AWESOME.:D