PDA

View Full Version : Machine Gun Glitchers

MysticGoten
Aug 12, 2008, 12:46 PM
Like OMG!!

Ever since I hit level 100 and started doing S rank MAG runs with people besides my real life friends I run into a machine gun glitcher like 1/3 parties.

These people usually have very high level characters and basically just waste anything on the map quickly and all of them say they have never been banned for doing it.

One of them had 4 level 140 characters.

After witnessing this, I would have to assume the people who have the fastest MAG time runs and a lot of the people on the leaderboard are MGG (machine gun glitchers).

Supposedly they keep fixing the ways people do it and they find a new way to get it.

It seems like with any MMO nowadays, you can't beat the hackers or glitchers, so I don't see much of a point in being Legit anymore, even though I do stay legit.

In most of the MMOs I have played, I have friends (sometimes RL) that have hacked or glitched and gotten away with it.

Mysterious-G
Aug 12, 2008, 01:09 PM
Just played with one, too. :p (PC/PS2)
I was like "Woah, my exp..? ;("

This glitch just keeps showing up again after it got fixed. ;o
Dumb for TA. ;l

GaNksTa
Aug 12, 2008, 01:16 PM
I have been in over 30+ random parties and haven't seen one person MGG; I guess I am lucky.. except for that I use a MG on my FiG w/ Deva-zashi so I was booted, lol. Xbox 360 ver.

Kizeragi
Aug 12, 2008, 01:23 PM
I have been in over 30+ random parties and haven't seen one person MGG; I guess I am lucky.. except for that I use a MG on my FiG w/ Deva-zashi so I was booted, lol. Xbox 360 ver.

That's just o.o...

Nothing wrong with MG's, there a good weapon imo. Helpful for keeping things still. Just get rid of this stupid glitch and we're good.

ashley50
Aug 12, 2008, 01:48 PM
I was in a party too with a MGGer...i didn't notice it at first until a fellow player said he was shooting too fast. At first i thougth it was weird seeign him use a mechgun the whoel run, i didn't care the next run after he said that i looked at soem damage and it is rapid damage.

after we talked about it. He stopped using it...but now i know that MGG still exists on the PC/PS2 side.
It was wrong for him to use it in a Public party...

relentless
Aug 12, 2008, 01:52 PM
Oh, so that guy I partied with used the MGG after all. D;

Dealbreaker
Aug 12, 2008, 02:04 PM
Ive seen it used alot on the 360 side. I also have a buddy that does it. I know how to do it but dont see the point. Everything on MAG dies right away anyways. Plus the glitch is weird and hurts your hand. Its really just sad that people need to make an already easy game even more so. Just get rid of the MG. I know alot of people who dont glitch like the weapon but the glitchers will always find a way around it. The Other glitch was way better this one doesnt even make you that much stronger. weak..... lol

chaoskila
Aug 12, 2008, 02:05 PM
who cares if they glitch.
isnt it segas fault for not fixing it?
what the glitchers are doing is just taking the fun out of the game. if they want to go thru the hole game with a lvl 40 machine gun then get boned when they cant use a machine gun as a fighmaster or gunmaster let them.

Noblewine
Aug 12, 2008, 02:35 PM
If you see someone using it you should just boot them from your party. Segac did patch it but people figured out another way to use the Mechgun glitch.

Triple_S
Aug 12, 2008, 02:53 PM
Just played with one, too. :p (PC/PS2)

What!?

DAMMIT

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 12, 2008, 02:53 PM
Yeah, they've patched it like two or three times already.

chaoskila
Aug 12, 2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah, they've patched it like two or three times already.

as you can see they didnt do a very good job with patching it right?

Eyce_Theon
Aug 12, 2008, 03:22 PM
Huh. I was under the impression that all the MGG methods on PC/PS2 were patched after Winter Event, oh well.

Triple_S
Aug 12, 2008, 03:27 PM
Same here. Although quite honestly I should've expected otherwise.

pikachief
Aug 12, 2008, 03:45 PM
INot only does everyone around me MGG, im expected by many to do it anyways.

Even so i choose not to because it just isnt fun or rewarding for it to be so easy and usding one thing all the time is also quite boring.

I feel like im wasting my time almost when im mechgun glitching, i'd rather have fun then have the best stuff and the most money in this game :P

Alastor_Haven
Aug 12, 2008, 04:08 PM
INot only does everyone around me MGG, im expected by many to do it anyways.

Even so i choose not to because it just isnt fun or rewarding for it to be so easy and usding one thing all the time is also quite boring.

I feel like im wasting my time almost when im mechgun glitching, i'd rather have fun then have the best stuff and the most money in this game :P

Riiiiiiight

pikachief
Aug 12, 2008, 04:28 PM
Riiiiiiight

lol :)

i actually like all the XBL msgs saying "so hows it going glitching up MAG?" or "i ehard u glitching" or "stop glitching!" and the likes.

i find them entertaining since i've been playing FF, Force, Ranger, and Fortetecher the whole event pretty much lol

Complex_Jao
Aug 12, 2008, 04:39 PM
this would not be a problem if kids knew anything..."well i could sell the glitch for like 10 mil but i think ill give it to you for free"...btw you cant get banned for useing it but you can get banned for selling it or giving it away. Ive gotten about 4 people banned for selling it or giving it away...as you can see it didint help =(

_K1_
Aug 12, 2008, 06:48 PM
what the glitchers are doing is just taking the fun out of the game. if they want to go thru the hole game with a lvl 40 machine gun then get boned when they cant use a machine gun as a fighmaster or gunmaster let them.
I keep thinking that, but every time one glitch gets patched, another appears.

dc534
Aug 12, 2008, 08:07 PM
I am not going to deny I do know the MGG but I do not use it ever, my machine gun bullets are at 40 because of the last one so I dont see any point in it any more. Actually there are several ways to do this glitch, one is a little more complicated to get down but is actually simpiler to use. I have not shown anyone these glitches or will ever show anyone these glitches. Glitching is cheating and when people join my part that do know the glitch they are immediatly blacklisted and removed from the party. Yes, I said blacklisted, I have no time for people who cannot lvl up moves by legit means. Although I have used the glitch when it was widespread during Winter.

Oh and I do have a former buddy that has sold this glitch to people for 5 mil a pop for the last 3 weeks. He know has 3 stacks of Catilium and two stacks of money. I consider him a cheater and if he gets caught than serves him right.

Mewnie
Aug 12, 2008, 08:18 PM
if you know it, send the info to Sega detailing the process. Hopefully they can fix it.

Otherwise, you're just as bad as the people who use it.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 12, 2008, 08:20 PM
has sold this glitch

Now that is amazing

Fure_Rakune
Aug 12, 2008, 08:58 PM
Honestly, Id like to know how to do this.

Kizeragi
Aug 12, 2008, 09:10 PM
Speaking of MGG'ers. Eleinas team pwnt the Glitchbox 540 team. :D (sorry if old news is old, i just found out XD)

Alastor_Haven
Aug 12, 2008, 09:12 PM
Man

Poor MGG'ers

unicorn
Aug 12, 2008, 09:26 PM
meh, I have NEVER seen the Mechgun glitch.... >_>

I don't like how it gives Mechgun users a bad name though. Like, I try to limit my mechgun use so people don't think I'm glitching. Although I carry enough charges, it might seem to the other players like I'm spamming mechguns the whole time.

Para
Aug 12, 2008, 09:32 PM
Does the MGG exist on the PC/PS2 version of PSU anymore?

beatrixkiddo
Aug 12, 2008, 09:35 PM
I've never seen anyone do it since 1UP, personally.

dc534
Aug 12, 2008, 10:16 PM
The reason why nobody does it as much is because it is more complictated than the old one, that and although it reacharges you have to start all over again. Basically the new glitch just lets you drain the mechgun like the old one and recharges but than you have to do it again, and again and again. It is rather tedious to do but will kill mobs quickly.

Oh I want to add again I do not use this glitch. I kill stuff just fine with the weapons I have.

MysticGoten
Aug 12, 2008, 10:31 PM
I don't even use machine guns to stay above suspicion.

I told one of my online friends about one of the lvl 140s I saw using it and he was like, "You mean this?" and did it right in front of me and taught me how to do it also.

The damage isn't that much unless you have the bullets capped he said.

I watched a youtube vid of someone doing it on PC and they jumped the bullet skill from like 1 to 11 in like 30 seconds.

Dressed2Kill808
Aug 13, 2008, 01:23 AM
so its okay to do it but not okay to sell it?...cuz if i recall one of my friends brought it from sum 1 for like 3 mill an thought it to me for free...so is it possible for me to get banned jus for knowing it or using it?...an what if i do it by myself or in a party of personal friends??

my friend got banned from a guy named anya...he told him thats its segas fault for not fixing the glitch because a glitch is not a cheat or hack its a glitch...we use it to our advantage so sega should fix it an not ban the mggs..p.s i dont do it im just trying to justify my friend!

mvffin
Aug 13, 2008, 01:33 AM
my friend got banned from a guy named anya...he told him thats its segas fault for not fixing the glitch because a glitch is not a cheat or hack its a glitch...we use it to our advantage so sega should fix it an not ban the mggs..p.s i dont do it im just trying to justify my friend!

Its against the PSU rules, blah blah blah. No justification for using glitches.(except when S+10 glitchers all cried and got to come back)

RedRaz0r
Aug 13, 2008, 03:01 AM
The new method sucks, its way different than before. And before you start accusing me of it...

-Yes i used to use the mgg glitch, during 1up cup
-No, I dont use it anymore at all
-Yes, I know how to do it
-No, I have never used it on a mag run, or anything other than Mad Creatures C to try it out

chaoskila
Aug 13, 2008, 03:17 AM
The new method sucks, its way different than before. And before you start accusing me of it...

-Yes i used to use the mgg glitch, during 1up cup
-No, I dont use it anymore at all
-Yes, I know how to do it
-No, I have never used it on a mag run, or anything other than Mad Creatures C to try it out

everyone did the mgg atleast once.
you tell me you dont. o yea. 'kay. what does that prove? your better?

FALANGEE69420
Aug 13, 2008, 03:54 AM
"Glitching is cheating" "I have no time for people who cannot lvl up moves by legit means. Although I have used the glitch when it was widespread during Winter."

wtf dude are you serious?

agreed.but sega is lame so......

Phoenix_Black
Aug 13, 2008, 10:46 AM
I was recently in a Speed C party with a guy who clamed to know Melchior and Sage and that he was told by them that they don't care about the MGG, and that Tidus and the rest were removed for another reason. He also encouraged others to do it. I got out fast.

For the record, I've never touched any incarnation of the MGG.

And I think it's a lot better than 1up and Winter event. No more "Must Know MGG" parties.

Skorn
Aug 13, 2008, 10:49 AM
Havn't ran into into one yet on S rank. Last time I ran into one, it was on White Beast.

ForeverStronger
Aug 13, 2008, 11:17 AM
Bring back twin machineguns!!! Btw... I think my friend got banned the other day.. he invited Anya/SamuraiSilhouette into the party along with a few more friends and.. started asking him how to do the machine gun glitch. Lolz.. :D... He also types, "Teaching Machine Gun Glitch." In Universe 1 on the 4th floor.

Xbox360 Server btw.

chaoskila
Aug 13, 2008, 01:27 PM
Bring back twin machineguns!!! Btw... I think my friend got banned the other day.. he invited Anya/SamuraiSilhouette into the party along with a few more friends and.. started asking him how to do the machine gun glitch. Lolz.. :D... He also types, "Teaching Machine Gun Glitch." In Universe 1 on the 4th floor.

Xbox360 Server btw.

your friend is ehh "dumb" isnt anya one of those player mods.
also its people like him that give 360 a shity name >.>

thematesV2
Aug 13, 2008, 01:42 PM
don't think i've ever seen the glitch before, does it shoot extra fast? shoot more bullets? hit really hard? anyhow, I don't think people should stop using machine guns because some people are glitching them.. my S rank machine gun hits 200-280 per hit, which is the same as my highest A rank double daggers with my level 61 cast fighgunner, so I will use it. plus I like being able to sweep in, hit with saber, then hold down the trigger as I walk away, and finish off the beasty...

Themates

chaoskila
Aug 13, 2008, 03:25 PM
don't think i've ever seen the glitch before, does it shoot extra fast? shoot more bullets? hit really hard? anyhow, I don't think people should stop using machine guns because some people are glitching them.. my S rank machine gun hits 200-280 per hit, which is the same as my highest A rank double daggers with my level 61 cast fighgunner, so I will use it. plus I like being able to sweep in, hit with saber, then hold down the trigger as I walk away, and finish off the beasty...

Themates

it just makes it so the machine gun shoots faster and never runs out so you could just keep on using it the whole mission and kill everything faster.

Shinko
Aug 13, 2008, 05:03 PM
I never knew how to do it the first way or the new way. Never was really interested in it.

Though I was thinking of using a machine guns recently because I never really used them much (same for crossbows) but after reading this idk. I may get booted from random party just by having it.

I guess i'll try it later when it fixed.......again

Dressed2Kill808
Aug 13, 2008, 07:24 PM
i jus wanna no if you can get banned for using it (not selling or spamming "i will pay to learn mgg)...just for using it?

Fure_Rakune
Aug 13, 2008, 08:52 PM
Bawwwww, I want to know how to do it :c
Who wants to be my buddy!
Leveling bullets is boring, ive fallen asleep multiple times doing it.

Mini-Beast
Aug 13, 2008, 11:38 PM
The 2nd best time attack people MGG they even admitted it and yet nothing is done about it

Nitro Vordex
Aug 13, 2008, 11:46 PM
who cares if they glitch.
Translated:

Hey guys, it's the game creators fault that the idiots glitch.
:roll:

Oh yeah, it's totally Sega's fault that these idiots decide to glitch.

RedRaz0r
Aug 14, 2008, 01:21 AM
everyone did the mgg atleast once.
you tell me you dont. o yea. 'kay. what does that prove? your better?

What the hell are you saying? It sounds to me like your a glitcher, or accusing me of being one. My character is a lv 140 newman, all the gunner types levels are 1, and hes always a protranser or fortetecher. My level 40, the one i glitched with, has no items, fortegunner lv 1, and is about to be deleted.

thematesV2
Aug 14, 2008, 08:41 AM
Oh yeah, it's totally Sega's fault that these idiots decide to glitch.

it actually is,

as a glitch isn't a cheat (put it place on purpose for people to win) or a hack (a change of code somehow, which allows people to win) it is a fault in the game. when Sega of America decides not to "fix" a glitch, and by "fixing" the glitch, i mean taking it out completely, they are in action, if not in words, calling it fair game. they may boot you for using it, or selling/spamming it, and you may become inelegible for extra prizes (i.e. MAG) but anyone using it is using it well within the bounds of the physical game, without altering or changing the original game code in any way.

perhaps it's a funky issue with code that sega cannot fix, for some reason, and the only alternatives would be either a complete overhaul of the machine gun code, (which could take tons of effort) or taking out the machine gun completely (I would be fine with this if they replaced it with the double mechguns from PSO...)

Themates

Fure_Rakune
Aug 14, 2008, 08:54 AM
"Lmaorandomword"
Lame.

RufuSwho
Aug 14, 2008, 09:40 AM
thanks for bring up this topic
it has never been discussed before

Cracka_J
Aug 14, 2008, 11:36 AM
So wait, is this thread about lmaomechgunhax or lmaoraccoons?

Fure can I has u teech meh hax? plx?

afterthoughtz
Aug 14, 2008, 11:38 AM
OMG ITS THE END OF THE WORLD WITH THE MGG!!!!!!!

Kizeragi
Aug 14, 2008, 11:53 AM
"Lmaorandomword"
Lame.

Very lame indeed.

@Pillar: Was their any need to reply to that? Your wasting your time.

Dragwind
Aug 14, 2008, 12:01 PM
If you want any hope of stopping those who use the mechgun glitch, report them.

http://help.sega.com/?group=englishusa&t=EnglishUSA

relentless
Aug 14, 2008, 12:04 PM
Ban every MGG user on 360 and make their population as small as our side. :D Fair play.
Oh, and patch it. Twice. Quadrapple. Whatever, lmaogetridofthisglitch!

thematesV2
Aug 14, 2008, 12:06 PM
@Kizeragi- @Pillarwhy was there no point to replying to that?

why was there no point? how is he wasting his time? because i won't listen?

I don't come from a hardcore gamer point of view, Although I have been gaming for someodd 20 years now.. I have not followed Phantasy star since it's conception, I only began playing a while after PSO came out on GC, so i'm not die hard. but alot of times people don't see the difference between players doing something wrong, and players playing the game.

I know it would be frustrating for some of you who have leveled completely legit all the way up to 140 and maxed out everything you have on more than one char see someone fly up there easily with the mmg, but thats how they play. if you don't like it, don't play with them..

I've been kicked from so many parties because I don't have mic. I do have a mic, but half the time, the people talking in PSU are dumb and boring, so I choose to listen to music, or PC with others. yet there are no flaming posts about people not using mics or kicking for not using mics.... or are there?

so the mgg is an easy way to win, and? so doing the same boring run over and over is also an easy way to win (because you're playings the stat game.) so by default, in my opinion, playing the mission that is fastest with the best drops, or the best exp is also glitching, just a more broad, dull way to do it.

the only difference is that sega intends for it's players to waste hundreds of hours playing the same missions over and over again. while they didn't intend on people cranking out thousands of kills with one weapon easily.

I don't know, I don't want to argue, because I agree with you, it's a stupid thing to do, because the game is not that hard, it just takes some time.. but if you want to play your way, don't blame someone from playing their way. if sega doesn't fix it, then to them it's not broken.

Kylie
Aug 14, 2008, 12:18 PM
Whatever. Hopefully SEGA will kick them off the leaderboards, and we can laugh about them again. Hey, maybe they'll even gets balls and the initiative to ban the people that illegitimately got on the leaderboard this time (despite SEGA letting them off easy last time). :-? Who knows. It's not even really personal for me since I don't bother with the rankings and have under 10K kills on the only character I've used on MAG2, but I'd like something to laugh about like when the other MAG ended. :lol: Plus, I wouldn't miss any of them.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't care if people glitch or try glitching. I just think it's wrong to use it to get an unfair advantage.

Kizeragi
Aug 14, 2008, 12:20 PM
@Kizeragi- @Pillarwhy was there no point to replying to that?

why was there no point? how is he wasting his time? because i won't listen?

He wrote saying: "Fuck you Fure_Rakune. Everyone hates you. You read this thread to learn the MGG. Fucking noob."

There was no point or reason to post this. Pillar was using Fure's post as an excuse.

Andy1423
Aug 14, 2008, 12:35 PM
I disagree.

Using a MG Glitch is cheating, especially when you can have your name on a leader board that signifies skill, and precise timing.

Sega has tried to take the glitch out many times, and every time the MG glitch surfaces in a different method.

There are people who continually try to break rules just to do it, and when they do they ruin the game.

This game has enough problems as is, we don’t need anymore people polluting it.

People should be banned for using a MG glitch, Sega has already stated that it IS a ban-able offense and this is CHEATING.

Fure_Rakune
Aug 14, 2008, 12:41 PM
Oh yes Pillar, everyone hates me.
Im the bane of PSO-W.
Yeah right, I dont care if people know that I want to learn how the glitch works, Im not afraid to be publicly viewed as one who wants to understand things and thanks to youtube I have a slight grasp of it.
I haven't used the glitch yet, nor have I attempted to.
This will aid in my bullet leveling, big-fucking-woop.
Will I get banned for this?
I dont think so.
If I do, well theres not much keeping me from continuing to play this game save a select view in the community.
So unclench that fist from your e-peen and lighten the fuck up.

Turbo_Dog
Aug 14, 2008, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=chaoskila;2115666]who cares if they glitch.
QUOTE]

There's the attitude that killed PSO. I just can't believe in harmless cheating. It always escalates. And maybe PSU is safer than PSO because of the server side character saves. I can't feel comfortable with it. I had two weeks of long distance phone call bills from talking to SEGA trying to reset the serial numbers on my PSO disk and my Dreamcast. So I might be a little bitter.

MYTH# 1 Taking advantage of a glitch isn't cheating.

I don't have a copy of the Terms of Service agreement handy but I can promise that it includes a statement that says using a known glitch is not allowed. So it doesn't matter if its harmless, morally justified or you think SEGA is approving of the glitch by not fixing it. You agree to the terms of service every time you log on.

MYTH# 2 SEGA must not care about the glitch because they haven't fixed it.

Again refer to ToS. There is no stated or implied time limit for code to be fixed.

MYTH# 3 Nothing bad has happened to me. I'm still doing it OR I stopped doing it months ago. They must not care if anyone uses this glitch.

Now I'm going to pull from experience in MMORPGs. The developers, when they do decide to take action, can go back for MONTHS to find all the people involved in the glitch. They can and have deleted items, money, banned, suspended or demoted characters back to level 1.

Its anybody's guess what SEGA will do if and when they take care of this problem. You have to decide if you want to take the risk.

aidenunder
Aug 14, 2008, 12:51 PM
I disagree.

Using a MG Glitch is cheating, especially when you can have your name on a leader board that signifies skill, and precise timing.

Sega has tried to take the glitch out many times, and every time the MG glitch surfaces in a different method.

There are people who continually try to break rules just to do it, and when they do they ruin the game.

This game has enough problems as is, we don’t need anymore people polluting it.

People should be banned for using a MG glitch, Sega has already stated that it IS a ban-able offense and this is CHEATING.

that is wrong i have spoken directly to the gm sage ( and if you dont believe me i can get you in a conference call with him) and he told me that mg glitching on the 360 servers atleast is no a bannable offense i asked him bc i used it to get on leaderboards and he said it realy doesnt matter bc so many people do it sega would lose to much money to ban or remove people from leaderboards and if you think you can get 7:03 without mg glitch pm and tell me how

Cracka_J
Aug 14, 2008, 12:52 PM
To clarify, I don't care if people glitch or try glitching. I just think it's wrong to use it to get an unfair advantage.

Pretty much agree with you there. It doesn't bother me in the least if these douchebags stay in the woodwork and abuse the glitch until they explode from boredom. If that's how they want to play, fine.

But when you exploit it during a major event, when people are trying to compete via legit means, that's not right.

These guys were already warned when the first batch of glitchers were removed from both original MAG boards. I hope the punishment is a bit more severe this time around.

thematesV2
Aug 14, 2008, 01:07 PM
I do agree, the use of mgg for events and/or challenges/rankings whatever, that does suck. and should not be tolerated. but at the same time, as Andy1423 said a while back, perhaps on a different thread, why do S rank runs get you the same leaderboard scores as C rank. of course everyone is going to spam C rank, both for kills and for speed. I have no chance of getting on either, as I have a family and a full time job, but it does suck for some people who are dedicated, and don't like running C rank the whole time. make S rank 4-6 times more worthwhile for killboards, and perhaps have different boards for different ranks for speed, with better prizes the higher you go, and people might have to play differently.. I don't know if MGG would still be used for higher rank missions, but no-one at a high level would waste their time getting on the speed boards for C rank, as the prizes would suck for them. and everyone would be spamming his/her level rank, as the kill count would be higher.... but then I guess thats what makes it a kill count and not a score count.....

perhaps the lower missions would have less enemies... (hmm, less enemies would be faster, so more runs in the same amount of time as high ranks... more runs = more kills, perhaps I'm not the one to design balanced competitions..)

Andy1423
Aug 14, 2008, 01:13 PM
I think Sega just likes to mess with us. Up is Down, and Right is Left. Who knows what's going on up there.

Fure_Rakune
Aug 14, 2008, 01:13 PM
Your logic is unprecedented Pillar, youre absolutely right.
Im stupid for wanting to gain knowledge of a glitch.
Yep, Im an absolute moron.
Anyways...
Despite my personal use, I however have not and will not glitch in a party.
If I do decide to use it, it will only be for my personal gain of bullet leveling as I do not have hours to play this game, only a mere one or two before my work days.
As my time is stretched thin, I try to make the most of it.
And I do not plan on spending those hours leveling my bullets as I want to enjoy them with the company of my friends.

thematesV2
Aug 14, 2008, 01:24 PM
also, a quick side note, not that it specifically has anything to do with MMG, but I just noticed while reading the rules:

rule number 10:

"#10 Attempting to intercept, decode, reverse engineer, reverse decompile, reverse assemble or otherwise alter data or messages sent to or from the server. "

as i'm not sure how to read into "attempting to (action)....data or messages sent to or from server" i'm not sure if this counts, but do anyone else think that this would include pretty much ALL data accumulation here and on other fan sites... i.e. drop rates, drop charts, exp rates, rare monster appearances... attempting to figure out the casino patterns, attempting to figure out rare mission spawns.....

again, I don't know what those things would fall uder category wise, but it sounds like alot of "reverse engineering and reverse assembling"

also, unless the EULA or TOS are different in the game book then they are online on the Phantasy star universe main page.... the words "Ban, Hack, Glitch, and Cheat" do not show up.... those only show up in the Game Rules, and there are other things there which sega really Can't expect to uphold, such as:

Disregarding public order and decency in chat ..... ummmm, the last 4000 years of humanity has been plagued with disreguard, disruptive behavior, and indecent chatter...and in real life punishment is worse than in psu, so no-one is going to stop now...
(and by indecent i don't just mean perverted.)

Harassment : unless they specifically mean hard core stalking harassment, then thats not really being looked into too much either....

anyhow, sometimes I like to complain, the game's not bad, it has room to improve, and i'll still play it, but sometimes I knit pick.... when someone sets up rules, I hope that they expect to enforce them, and if they don't, then for me, it's all out the window.

Yunfa
Aug 14, 2008, 01:36 PM
I find it amusing how so many of these posts start with the desire to obtain the knowlodge for the MGG. Then the thread eventually gets filled with many people expressing their rescentment toward the glitchers who apparently has an advantage.

Sure they kill things faster, but what good will that do when their photon arts are shit along with their pallets? And most of all, because of the hate spreading, they get booted nontheless. What's the worst that can happen, i mean, you're not going to lose an arm when you party with a MGGer. Sure they take exp faster, but the exp is easy as it is, i mean cmon, THREE WHOLE WEEKS OF MAG?

When I join open parties, I experience getting booted at the end then see a MGGer, yet somehow the MGG gets the torches and pitchforks. My guess is that many people on this thread does not have the knowledge how to commence the glitch, hence they hate it. I bet if they were to somehow accidently learn it, they wouldn't complain as much. Why? Because all the judgemental people are ALWAYS fickle.

If one were to complain about doing C runs with the glitch, a good team of fighters can do just as good.

- Now that MAG is back, the complaining of SEGA subsided, but now theres this. Does people always have to find something to complain about? People should stop creating bait threads for the hateful people. info. relevant to my interests gets bumped down. + w +;

Andy1423
Aug 14, 2008, 02:24 PM
when someone sets up rules, I hope that they expect to enforce them, and if they don't, then for me, it's all out the window.

I know, this is what bothers me the most about sonic team. It's as if the people who make this game don't even like it or play it. I'm mean, if I was working on a game all day I would want to try it out and make sure it was perfect. Or at least test it out. Sometimes it's as if they just slap the okay on it and don't give a &*$%

How many times do they have to re-work the Mech Gun so people can't glitch it?

Here's a tip Sega. Why don't you just regualte the rate of fire per trigger pull like every other gun; 3 round burst fire, hello?

Kizeragi
Aug 14, 2008, 03:20 PM
Your logic is unprecedented Pillar, youre absolutely right.
Im stupid for wanting to gain knowledge of a glitch.
Yep, Im an absolute moron.
Anyways...
Despite my personal use, I however have not and will not glitch in a party.
If I do decide to use it, it will only be for my personal gain of bullet leveling as I do not have hours to play this game, only a mere one or two before my work days.
As my time is stretched thin, I try to make the most of it.
And I do not plan on spending those hours leveling my bullets as I want to enjoy them with the company of my friends.

I have to say, that is very well said. That's also the reason my bullet levels fail. xD

Triple_S
Aug 14, 2008, 03:23 PM
Here's a tip Sega. Why don't you just regualte the rate of fire per trigger pull like every other gun; 3 round burst fire, hello?

Only if they make them work like they used to. Of course, they'd also have to bump up the power a bit else they'd be pathetic and useless.

Trying a three-shot burst fire with these machineguns would be completely useless. And people would still glitch it, too.

Yunfa
Aug 14, 2008, 05:59 PM
I know, this is what bothers me the most about sonic team. It's as if the people who make this game don't even like it or play it. I'm mean, if I was working on a game all day I would want to try it out and make sure it was perfect. Or at least test it out. Sometimes it's as if they just slap the okay on it and don't give a &*$%

How many times do they have to re-work the Mech Gun so people can't glitch it?

Sounds like you have it all figuired out. Easy said then done, Andy I doupt you have any programming skills or any knowledge how a game such as Phantasy Star Universe is set up. Althought it's very easy for you to complain, it's rather hard to apply to reality. If you're so anal on the subject, why not mail SEGA your "obvious" fix to the whole MGG deal.

Triple_S
Aug 14, 2008, 06:11 PM
also, a quick side note, not that it specifically has anything to do with MMG, but I just noticed while reading the rules:

rule number 10:

"#10 Attempting to intercept, decode, reverse engineer, reverse decompile, reverse assemble or otherwise alter data or messages sent to or from the server. "

as i'm not sure how to read into "attempting to (action)....data or messages sent to or from server" i'm not sure if this counts, but do anyone else think that this would include pretty much ALL data accumulation here and on other fan sites... i.e. drop rates, drop charts, exp rates, rare monster appearances... attempting to figure out the casino patterns, attempting to figure out rare mission spawns.....

again, I don't know what those things would fall uder category wise, but it sounds like alot of "reverse engineering and reverse assembling"

No, don't worry about it. Everything here is taken from player experience, not yoinking actual game data. That's basically saying that you can't, say, make a private PSU server.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 14, 2008, 06:19 PM
Solution: Nerf mechguns to the point of uselessness.

Or hell, get rid of Online mechguns altogether.

That'll teach ya. >:|

dc534
Aug 14, 2008, 07:18 PM
If I would not get banned I would teach everyone the glitch for free no strings attached.

For one it would make it an equal playing field so nobody can complain.
Two it would force Sonic Team to fix it again and hopefully this time get it right.

Powder Keg
Aug 14, 2008, 07:23 PM
I love the people condemning Fure for personal useage, but afk leveling is A-OK and not discussed.

Also, if you want people to ignore your posts, make a livejournal.

Powder Keg
Aug 14, 2008, 07:24 PM
Solution: Nerf mechguns to the point of uselessness.

Or hell, get rid of Online mechguns altogether.

That'll teach ya. >:|

I discovered a big time glitch with an axe that can pretty much OHKO a boss.

Fuck, better get rid of axes.

autumn
Aug 14, 2008, 08:15 PM
I don't care about the glitch itself. I care that people have a fit when I use my GunTecher who loves her bulletdance and accuse me of glitching because I
a) have a mechgun
b) have reasonable levels on all my shots
c) I use photon charges so I can keep my gun up all mission while healing the party.

I hate being legitimate and getting kicked or not invited at all due to one of my favorite weapons.

darkante
Aug 14, 2008, 10:46 PM

Haha yeah, itīs lame and awesomely powerful at the same time.

Jabroga = Challenge gone!

thematesV2
Aug 15, 2008, 08:17 AM
I don't know about anybody else, but it seems to me that there are very few people posting in the forums who know much about the way games are designed/structured. andy1423 and a few others are the only ones I see talking about game structure, balance and improving the game, in a serious manner, instead of just saying things like "Machine Gun Glitch FTW!" or "NooBs sUcK H4x0rs" (and i'm talking about the people who talk like that out of sarcasm too.. it's weird, sometimes you talk out of sarcasm so much, it becomes your real language...)

anyhow, i think we've over divulged the question of who feels what about mmg. also, were are the people who love it? do none of them post? or are none of them reading this out of self disgust for everyone who hates glitchers?

(meek voice)...i don't hate glitchers.....

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 08:48 AM

Whats that, Ank Jaborga.............LOL

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 08:51 AM
I hate being legitimate and getting kicked or not invited at all due to one of my favorite weapons.

That's because there's too many ignorante kids that play this game, that think everyone cheats cause they do.

DavidNel
Aug 15, 2008, 08:55 AM
What IS the machinegun glitch? No how to do it, but what are the results. I play on the PC/PS2 servers doing S rank MAG2 runs, and I've never seen it. What happens? Can you walk through walls or something? Is that how you cut your time down so low?

I use machineguns all the time and no one seems to mind...

pikachief
Aug 15, 2008, 09:07 AM
What IS the machinegun glitch? No how to do it, but what are the results. I play on the PC/PS2 servers doing S rank MAG2 runs, and I've never seen it. What happens? Can you walk through walls or something? Is that how you cut your time down so low?

yes actually! lol nojk, it makes us hoot at a VERY VERY fast rate and u never run out of ammo

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 09:14 AM
Sounds like you have it all figuired out. Easy said then done, Andy I doupt you have any programming skills or any knowledge how a game such as Phantasy Star Universe is set up. Althought it's very easy for you to complain, it's rather hard to apply to reality. If you're so anal on the subject, why not mail SEGA your "obvious" fix to the whole MGG deal.

Ofcourse it's easy for me to complain. I pay 10$ a month for a game that gives about 50% effort. It doesn't matter If know specificly how the game is structured, THE POINT IS they had all this crap figuered out before (in the previous version) and like many things in Universe they would've been better off not changing it.

Oh yeah this is reality, there alwasys more than one solution, I just suggested one. Trust me kid, if they really wanted to fix the glitch and or slove the problem THEY COULD. I'm sorry but the programmers have to be pretty smart (Or they wouldn't have a JOB) but they're just lazy. Although it could be poor managment too, they obivously have spent most of there time devopling the PSP version. Which kind of scares me since they're seeing better sales with that game than PSU. Not to mention it's probably easier to program. In the mindset of the people who actually make the decisions, they might switch there efforts here because it seems to have a better sales volumns. Remember, that was the only reason why they inculded the PS2 version; everyone in Japan has a fricken PS2.

Anyways, you people out their that think programming is rocket science should wake up to reality. The people that do programming for a living know what they're doing. Otherwise they wouldn't be working for a huge video game company. Just because it's hard for you to understand dosen't mean that it's as difficult for them.

milka
Aug 15, 2008, 09:16 AM
yes actually! lol nojk, it makes us hoot at a VERY VERY fast rate and u never run out of ammo

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/milka_psu/image01515.jpg

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 09:20 AM

Glitching the Mechgun stacks multiple "bullets" onto one another. So when you see somone glitching (FYI: you can't always see their bullets when they glitch) It's as if they have a 3 to 4x multiplyier on the bullet output.

The gun itself also

a.) doesn't run out of bullets. - it replensishes itself.

b.) doesn't get interrupted. - you walk normal and don't straif, it still fires....you get knocked down, still fires.

c.) is extremly annyoning to listen to.

To me, this in everyway is cheating.

thematesV2
Aug 15, 2008, 09:24 AM
so pretty much it just locks the firing code in place, no matter what happens to you.. and it multiplies the rate of fire/infinite ammo thing.

weird, I have definately not seen this.. I thought i saw someone last night doing it, but it wasn't this crazy. so i guess not. there doesn't happen to be a glitch for laser cannon, does there, that multiplies the output, and shoots really really fast? i just want to know for the sake of my new protranser.

thematesV2
Aug 15, 2008, 09:26 AM
i never heard that it locks the action in, so i think that changes how i feel a bit. if you still had to press the buttons, and choose when to shoot and such, it would be different, but if it just locks the attack in place, then I don't know if I would look so diligently the other way..

gundam0079
Aug 15, 2008, 09:43 AM
used to be a laser cnnon firing glitch but nt really glitch just makes u shoot faster, but i think it was fixed. same went for rifles until lvl 21 bullets

relentless
Aug 15, 2008, 09:45 AM
Get rid of machine guns? Get rid of axes? Oh man, I laugh. Get rid of claws!

Kizeragi
Aug 15, 2008, 09:46 AM
Might as well remove every weapon except Sabers and Twin Daggers, cause they make the game easier. /sarcasm

Might as well remove EVERY weapon, for a challenge. Beat Level 150+s with your hands. Interesting.

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 10:00 AM
removing a weapon's the easy way out. Be carefuly for what you wish for , its sega

Nitro Vordex
Aug 15, 2008, 10:09 AM
Bring back Knuckle weapons (Brave Knuckle/Angry Fist and the like). That would be cool. PA's could be different fighting styles.

thematesV2
Aug 15, 2008, 11:31 AM
yea, whatever happened to the crappy punch when you got killed? you get hit super hard, die, fall down, revived, get up, you forget that you have no weap equiped, and run run up and punch Hildebear in the shin.... for a grand total hit of 1 hp...

those were classic times..

goaferboy
Aug 16, 2008, 12:50 PM
Got accused of being a glitcher just now. I've never cared about machine gun glitchers before but now I'm being accused of being one for using a MG normally it's a little annoying. Especially when he left and said "have fun glitching" despite me telling him I wasn't.

SStrikerR
Aug 16, 2008, 12:51 PM
Then he's a noob, who cares what he thinks?

goaferboy
Aug 16, 2008, 01:10 PM
True, but it only takes one noob to report it to someone who does matter to cause hassle I don't need.

What makes it more annoying is that I only ever use Shotguns and Machine Guns. If it was a weapon I didn't use much I wouldnt mind.