PDA

View Full Version : Don't sell your rares during MAG!

RufuSwho
Aug 12, 2008, 03:15 PM
Has anyone noticed that the prices are way down for the nice *11 drops we are getting?

The item/boards for Double Agito, Bulletdance, Paradi Cataract (Not Mugunruk tho) are all down from their usual prices.

The long time players are well aware of this trend.

During the 1up Cup, Storm Line boards were going for a mere 500,000. And now...

So what I'm suggesting is, don't sell your Paradi Cataract for 200,000 when you can easily get 2mil for them after the event is over.

Let the prices even out before selling, or just price them now at what they are truly worth and wait it out.

If you sell them now, you are missing out on ALOT of potential cash.

Eyce_Theon
Aug 12, 2008, 03:18 PM
If the undercutters want their cash now, let them have their cash now. Most of them know that prices on items fluctuate over time.

ashley50
Aug 12, 2008, 03:23 PM
its our items...we'll do what we want with it.

kthnxbai

Triple_S
Aug 12, 2008, 03:27 PM
If they sell them cheap now, then I can get them despite the fact that my luck is incredibly bad when it comes to finding things. Synthing things is different, I seem to have pretty good luck in that category, but I can't find the boards or materials and normally they're WAY expensive, leaving me screwed over in the long run.

RemiusTA
Aug 12, 2008, 03:29 PM
I was peaking expecting to find some kind of hacker notice or forewarning due to Sega Screwups, but laughed pretty hard upon reading the topic post.

Cracka_J
Aug 12, 2008, 03:30 PM
So what I'm suggesting is, don't sell your Paradi Cataract for 200,000 when you can easily get 2mil for them after the event is over.

Paradi will continue to drop in MAG' as it is available on any rank, so prices on those will continue to go down. Double Agito and Bulletdance may go back up a bit, but take into consideration the double agito is still an easy find at Duel in the Ruins or Lightning Beast. Bulletdance is also an exclusive to GT and FI classes, so the low demand will keep it from going up too much.

If you want monies, go earn that SN/G. That'll catch you more then any of those 3 items you mentioned ever will.

amtalx
Aug 12, 2008, 08:19 PM
Correction. Don't sell items that drop in MAG. Selling other items is a good idea. Not many people are running missions outside of MAG so prices have gone up.

mvffin
Aug 12, 2008, 09:01 PM
I figured event economics would be common sense by now.

unicorn
Aug 12, 2008, 09:22 PM
The prices on some items have gone really low, and might go up after MAG.

Pushans have gone INCREDIBLY low. I doubt they'll reach 10 mil again, especially if JP has them dropping again.

Twin Ruby Bullet? Maybe. But they drop in Mines of Illusion too.

The only weapons worth anything would probably be Stag Cutralli, Silence Claw, and Kazarodoc. AND SN/G of course.

darkante
Aug 12, 2008, 10:16 PM
Double Agito and Bulletdance may go back up a bit, but take into consideration the double agito is still an easy find at Duel in the Ruins or Lightning Beast.

Easy find there?! I have runned those mission, a couple of hundreds times but no DB Agitor ever dropped and yet i got a PW from DitR. >.>

Bah, i just love teh luck in teh game.

chicken105
Aug 12, 2008, 10:30 PM
you're making it sound like everything. But if you were smart, you would sell your goldania, walna now.

MightierToaster
Aug 12, 2008, 11:30 PM
Buy low, Sell high. I made use of it last time, and I will now.

Zarode
Aug 12, 2008, 11:33 PM
^e:f,b guess that's what I get for not looking at page 2 when I reply

Even better, buy low and sell high.

System-Id
Aug 13, 2008, 12:17 AM
Its Just annoying that people do not know how to keep value in wat they synth. have u looked at the mats u needa put into 1 synth then sell for cheap? if u ask me ur losing money double agito is at 2mill. 4 Catilium alone is juss about that amount of meseta :| i mean c'mon? not smart >_>

mvffin
Aug 13, 2008, 01:36 AM
Its Just annoying that people do not know how to keep value in wat they synth. have u looked at the mats u needa put into 1 synth then sell for cheap? if u ask me ur losing money double agito is at 2mill. 4 Catilium alone is juss about that amount of meseta :| i mean c'mon? not smart >_>

its the price you pay for the chance of pulling a high %. If you mass synth these things, you'll generally endup ahead because of how much high % weapons sell for. Same could be said for S rank armor, but a bigger investment is required there.

Indica
Aug 13, 2008, 01:39 AM
I pulled out all my 11* weapons. Im not selling Bil De Axe and Svaltus swords for cheap prices. It took me long time to farm Morbinia and Goldania.

I'll wait a month or so and start selling again.

Xefi
Aug 13, 2008, 02:20 AM
last i check, the cheapest Goldania was 800k each on PC/Ps2;
buying one will be out of the question. This outrageous price
is quite depressing.

If you really want money quick and easy,
hunt Psycho Wand board, you can get an easy 35-45 mil in
no time.

Ogni-XR21
Aug 13, 2008, 04:41 AM
If you really want money quick and easy,
hunt Psycho Wand board, you can get an easy 35-45 mil in
no time.

If you're lucky that is... some people have not found a PW in over 200 runs, not my take on "quick and easy".

Ail
Aug 13, 2008, 04:52 AM
its the price you pay for the chance of pulling a high %. If you mass synth these things, you'll generally endup ahead because of how much high % weapons sell for. Same could be said for S rank armor, but a bigger investment is required there.

lot of truth here

SabZero
Aug 13, 2008, 05:14 AM
^e:f,b guess that's what I get for not looking at page 2 when I reply

Even better, buy low and sell high.

Ah geez, thanks for making it impossible for me to buy any of those items. Because I don't have "teh meeellions". :nono:

As I say in my shops, if you resell, you're cheating others out of affordable stuff. Deaf ears, I suppose. :-?

Shou
Aug 13, 2008, 06:18 AM
How do you have trouble making money in the millions? It's so easy... Also people shouldnt worry about spennding 500k on catilium because you can always sell a catilium you find later for 500k -600k anyways. Think of it as a lone instead... These are words of truth because i am the proud owner of about 5-6 stacks worth of items in meseta.

These items arrent very hard to find, you just need to sell everything you dont need so that you can buy the things you want. Know and run missions where these expensive items drop the most and make sure it is a mission that you can run easily.

Edit: 500th post :P

Cracka_J
Aug 13, 2008, 08:32 AM
Easy find there?! I have runned those mission, a couple of hundreds times but no DB Agitor ever dropped and yet i got a PW from DitR. >.>

Bah, i just love teh luck in teh game.

I think you have duel in the ruins and duel sentinel confused.

Duel in the Ruins is a backtrack from Foran waterfall, takes about 6-10 mins to solo. It also is NOT a relics mission, and a [b] pwand will not drop there. Check the drop charts for DitR S2, they are accurate. It is very quick and easy to do the run, and beat ragnus for your chance at double agito and twin tornado boards.

Duel Sentinel has you going through the (gold) parum relics or whatever. That mission is considerably longer and is considered a relics mission, so that's where your pwand would drop. Duel Sentinel and Sleeping Warriors are the current only 2 pwand drop runs.

darkante
Aug 13, 2008, 08:47 AM
I think you have duel in the ruins and duel sentinel confused.

Duel in the Ruins is a backtrack from Foran waterfall, takes about 6-10 mins to solo. It also is NOT a relics mission, and a [b] pwand will not drop there. Check the drop charts for DitR S2, they are accurate. It is very quick and easy to do the run, and beat ragnus for your chance at double agito and twin tornado boards.

Duel Sentinel has you going through the (gold) parum relics or whatever. That mission is considerably longer and is considered a relics mission, so that's where your pwand would drop. Duel Sentinel and Sleeping Warriors are the current only 2 pwand drop runs.

Doh..god i guess were very sleepy then lol.

SabZero
Aug 13, 2008, 08:52 AM
Yeah, thanks. I know that, but I'm a casual player, one to two runs a day max. If I hunt an item, it will be for myself, I don't want to invest the time for something that might sell.

Although it's (meseta) much better since AoI came out. I actually have 8 million on my main, my alts are below one million each. I just really remember when I wanted to go PT and couldn't because of lack of funds, lol.

DreXxiN
Aug 13, 2008, 10:47 AM
Un, err...Fortunately, Sega isn't COMPLETELY catering to the very casual players who play very little, rather than the die hard fans who work around their schedule to play a lot...not COMPLETELY. ;/

*inb4"IhaveaLifeHurHur!!"*

Skorn
Aug 13, 2008, 10:51 AM
Thank you Captain Obvious.

MysticGoten
Aug 13, 2008, 06:58 PM
Has anyone noticed that the prices are way down for the nice *11 drops we are getting?

The item/boards for Double Agito, Bulletdance, Paradi Cataract (Not Mugunruk tho) are all down from their usual prices.

The long time players are well aware of this trend.

During the 1up Cup, Storm Line boards were going for a mere 500,000. And now...

Let the prices even out before selling, or just price them now at what they are truly worth and wait it out.

If you sell them now, you are missing out on ALOT of potential cash.

I'm a miser and a lot of people will never have 10+ mil or so, so its good to let the community sell and buy items for cheap so everyone can get some good items for a change instead of working for 2-3 months to buy that 1 item from some jackass like you.

Like Ashley said, its our items and we can do whatever we want with them. If everyone thought like you did, no one would ever have S rank gear or weapons.

PLUS, if there is too much of an item around, the price will go down, its common sense and you don't have it.

GaNksTa
Aug 13, 2008, 07:09 PM
I have bad luck with investments so my only option usually is to follow the crowd... EX: Kohibumiteris... they're actually lower than they were during the event.. and a Shigga Baret board I bought for 9 mill while the rest were at 12.. then the next day they were at 6-7 mill, so I panicked, tried synthing and lost 9 mill.

Though I'm going to be stocking up on various items while they're cheap..