PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer(Game&Demo)

Saligun
Aug 12, 2008, 10:07 PM
I know you can have 1 player with the PSP game and one with the PSP demo play multi togather but what happens when the person who has the full game gets over level 20,In other words can the demo players system show the other players character level when they go over level 20?Also what if the full game player has weapons and items not found in the demo?

Zarode
Aug 12, 2008, 10:16 PM
Dunno, test it for us. Supposedly, the demo and full game are compatible with each other.

D14BL0
Aug 12, 2008, 11:36 PM
I could test this out tomorrow, as I've got a friend with the full version (I'm still on demo, waiting on him to fix up my CFW).

I'll also experiment a bit with trading for you, too.

Zarode
Aug 12, 2008, 11:48 PM
Trading doesn't exist on either version.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 13, 2008, 12:06 AM
According to Tycho's mining, most of the items exist in the demo (or at least names for them do), so I'm not sure if there would be any incompatabilities.

Kizeragi
Aug 13, 2008, 08:06 AM
It does indeed work. All the items are on the demo, just unable to obtain them, you are restricted to the 5 parum missions though.

Triple_S
Aug 13, 2008, 02:16 PM
According to Tycho's mining, most of the items exist in the demo (or at least names for them do), so I'm not sure if there would be any incompatabilities.

Tycho's mining? I'm pretty sure I was the first one that screwed with the weapons and posted that just about every single weapon in the full game is in the demo, if not all of them, and fully functioning. Same with the classes and levels, by the way.

I could be wrong, but still.

Zarode
Aug 13, 2008, 02:46 PM
Um, first or not, you are still not getting cookies or trophies. :|

Triple_S
Aug 13, 2008, 02:57 PM
Yes, but I have Cheez-its and donuts. I like those better.

Anyways, the demo being compatible is interesting, which explains to me why everything is intact in said demo. If someone in the full game wanted to rub it in play with a demo user, everyone could see everything and the demo player could see just what is in store for them if they got the full game.

Of course fuck that, since my demo character was level 200, Protrans 30, and had some insane equipment thanks to taking a dive into what Alfa still had in there.

No Tails NPC skin though, which both makes me happy and sad. Happy because there isn't an air of laziness since that data isn't left in for no reason, but sad because I can't reskin myself. Oh well.

Risingsun
Sep 18, 2008, 05:17 PM
i Have a quick multiplayer question. Can you play this mode by yourself if you just want to fight without having to deal with the story? If yes, does that mean your ad hoc wireless is on too even if your not connected to someone else?

Mike
Sep 18, 2008, 05:26 PM
Yes and yes. You won't be able to change jobs until you do a certain number of story missions though.

Risingsun
Sep 18, 2008, 05:36 PM
Yes and yes. You won't be able to change jobs until you do a certain number of story missions though.
oh ok thanks. Well i guess playing Multiplayer alone is a waste of battery life if my wireless is going to be on the whole time.

Risingsun
Sep 19, 2008, 01:44 PM
Oh i have one last question, i was assuming that having your wifi on even when your not connected to someone else would be a battery drain. Have any of you noticed your psp battery lasting a lot less?