PDA

View Full Version : Weapon / Armor OCD

rayner
Aug 13, 2008, 07:54 AM
Since playing PSO and now PSU I suffer from a certain condition that I have to have my items EXACTLY the way I want. In PSO it started with the %'s which should NEVER be below 15%, you can just keep identifying it until you get that 15%... but in PSO you could ADD percentage with PD's oh how I miss that :-(

Now in PSU my melee weapons have to be 20%, 25%, 30% or 50%. Since there is no synthing 40% and very select items could be acquired with 35% or 45%... like 1 or 2. Basically it has to end in a 5%. If I make a weapon and it comes out 38%... I'd sell it and then buy a 30% of the same type.

With Armor the magic # is 32% so when I add a resist unit I get 35% or 50% with a Legless Rainbow. I have a set of Stormlines with 32%... 3/4 of my chacaters are Ranger types, and a lonley Protranser... who IS a Ranger type *sigh*

I also can't use the Twin Ruby Bullet cause of the sound effect, and I'm not hot about the Double Agito... I use Crea Doubles still, Rucar's look cool... but rarely do I find 30%'s to buy and they are expensive.

Anyone else as obsessive?

darkante
Aug 13, 2008, 08:46 AM
Not in the least. I´m just after alot of PP on weapons which looks nice, as i hate to go back to town to restock.

Csero
Aug 13, 2008, 10:51 AM
I generally stick to GRM products only. Does that count?

stukasa
Aug 13, 2008, 10:59 AM
Percents have to end in a multiple of 5? That's weird, I never heard of that before. Do you have this obsession in real life too? Like for example, only carrying change in multiples of $0.25? (just curious)

I don't think I have any obsessions like that in PSU. I'll use whatever I've got. ^^

rayner
Aug 13, 2008, 11:10 AM
Percents have to end in a multiple of 5? That's weird, I never heard of that before. Do you have this obsession in real life too? Like for example, only carrying change in multiples of $0.25? (just curious)

I don't think I have any obsessions like that in PSU. I'll use whatever I've got. ^^

I'm a bit obsessive about my X360 Gamerscore as well... it HAS to end in a 0 or 5. For about 6 months I had it ending in a 4 or 9 because of Bullet Witch and I completed Hell mode just for that 1pt to even things out again. If I see a game with "uneven achievements" I try to get them all within 1 day to keep it uniform.

In PSU I stick mainly with 30% or 50%... and I don't keep broken weapons, I'd rather have a 0/10 then a 9/9.

Mewnie
Aug 13, 2008, 11:18 AM
I just have a certain threshold for elemental %. If it's under 26%, I'm genrally unhappy with it, unless it's a hard to get item.

I'm not 'OMG MUST HAVE 50%' ..that's just retarded. By that point, it's just overkill :3

Aisha379
Aug 13, 2008, 12:09 PM
I like all my weapons to be 20%+

I also have an extreme dislike of the number 4 (not just in PSU).

My very first S rank came out at 14%, so with both of these combined it practically killed me ='(

I have a solution for you Rubicon - give me all your high percentage "uneven" weapons from now on and I'll try to get you some 30% ones =P

AcrotecherFTW
Aug 13, 2008, 01:05 PM
I most definitely am. All my armors have to be the same percent and must be even or a multiple of five. Right now, all six of my Storm Lines are 30%. And with my weapons, my entire pallet is 0/10. Either ALL my weapons have to be 0/10 or 10/10. I can't have a combination of the two, any that are partially grinded, nor any broken weapons.

Dragwind
Aug 13, 2008, 01:44 PM
Trust me, you're not alone. Many friends as well as myself have our own obsessive habits in the game. I honestly think it's one of the things that keep us hooked and happy.

As for myself, I feel the urge to need full elemental sets of weaponry for everything. I can accept 20% and up, but prefer 40%'s and up. Everything lower than 20% usually causes me to frown and feel the need to randomly clean up my items in storage (no idea why).

Another obsessive habit I used to have was needing to "look" a particular way when playing a certain class. I felt the clothing/parts should represent more or less a generally idolized appearance according to the stats for instance, despite it being only the line shield that really defends you. An example would be playing a CAST Fortegunner. Playing a CAST fortegunner with any parts other than "heavy" appearing PSO RaCast type parts made me feel very uncomfortable.

joefro
Aug 13, 2008, 01:55 PM
I used to be "liek omgz only x/10." I'm different now. I don't see the point of having a say 5/10 repca and never grinding it again, so why not just have a 5/5?
Some of my palettes would drive y'all crazy.
Example:
Crea Doubles 38%:dark:4/9
Carriguine-Rucar 34%:ice:5/7
Double Agito 26%:fire:0/10
Twin DB's Swords 22%:dark:2/10
Blackheart 34%:dark:7/10
Bulletdance 3/8

MooCowPirate
Aug 13, 2008, 02:00 PM
Weapons for me have to be either 32%, 38%, or 46% . Armor has to be either 32% or 42% . So, you're not alone. I also HAVE to have 28 inventory slots taken up at the beginning of any mission, anything else makes me feel all weird. THAT is probably the weirdest obsession I have. Grinds have to be 0/10, 5/10, or 10/10.

xXJoshXx
Aug 13, 2008, 02:12 PM
I'd rather have a 0/10 then a 9/9.

Thats lil stupid in my state of mind...

Thats like saying youd rather have a 0/10 agito repca then a 9/9 agito repca thats sorta weird to me..

str898mustang
Aug 13, 2008, 02:40 PM
Gah, I'm glad someone else made this topic and not me. I figured someone would get offended by it. Anyways, yeah I'm the same way on my armors. They all have to be 46%+(which I accomplished finally). Grinds don't really bother me unless it's below 6. I'd rather the grinds be maxed out too cuz it bothers me a lot to see something 3/7 or 5/9. Most of my stuff is 0/10-4/10 right now but once I we get the Grind boost, i will be maxing them out. The only thing I won't be grinding is my wands since they are just for resta and reverser. Would be nice to have 5 Tesbras at 0/0 though.

RegulusHikari
Aug 13, 2008, 02:43 PM
I prefer to have my weapons capped in grind. I'll stop when it's getting risky, but that 7/8 will loom in my head until I eventually forget all about it. It just screams wasted potential. This is partially the reason I have a 3/3 Yamata-misaki and 2/2 Bil De Axe.

I also always empty my shared storage before I log off, which includes me switching to all my characters to grab the specific mats their PM uses. I refuse to store things in my PM that it won't use (cyrals on a Strike PM, walnas on a Tech PM), so it all gets stuffed into my box.

Even IRL I'm always pretty OCD about organization and consistency (two words that don't describe SoA, which is probably why I want to burn them alive <3). :-?

Phoenix Healer
Aug 13, 2008, 02:57 PM
I generally stick to GRM products only. Does that count?

I know how you feel I only like Kubara products.

rayner
Aug 13, 2008, 02:57 PM
Thats lil stupid in my state of mind...

Thats like saying youd rather have a 0/10 agito repca then a 9/9 agito repca thats sorta weird to me..

I'm hoping that Sega will make something that can "fix" a broken weapon... say reset it to 0/10, no matter what the grind is. Then I'd take the 9/9 over the 0/10. In my eyes the 0/10 has what like a 2% chance to be better than that 9/9... but it still CAN be better and that would bother me. We kill stuff in PSU so quickly it doesn't really matter what damage we're doing :-)

In PSO it was worse... Armors had "variable" defense... meaning a Luminous Field could be something like 220 - 240 Defense, and if you made a "findable" armor like the Brightness Circle it would have the LOWEST possible DEF value.

It's gotten better with PSU, but I REALLY want something that can "add" elemental percentage to a melee weapon / armor. That's one thing I loved about PSO, spent a day getting a +50% to hit Slicer from the shop to make a Rainbow Baton and then added 100% to 2 other areas... though it cost a ton of Photon drops which droped like Vulcaline.

Shinko
Aug 13, 2008, 02:58 PM
Wow didn't know many ppl where like this....

Me? Well... I love kanata looking weapons and must have them if that counts.... oh I most of the time have yohmei weapons because of the looks. I just have a thing for japanese looking stuff lol

oh and as for percent well.... i dont like to have a percent lower than 30..... if that counts (but if i do i won't gp crazy)

R2D6battlebot
Aug 13, 2008, 03:16 PM
Im teh elitist when it comes to my weapons. I wont settle for less than 7/10 on anything except my Psycho Wands, and those are gonna get it when we get the grinding bonus. If I ever break ANY weapon, I sell it guaranteed, and I'll just pitch more money to get another 0/10 and start over. I used to be a fiend for the all 50% striking weapons, but now that I'm trying to prepare for Masterfighter thats just too expensive, I can settle with anything 30 or higher for now. But yeah, at this moment ALL my ranged/tech weapons are 10/10 except for a 3/10 Gaozoran Rod and the 2 5/10 Psychos. The only thing I really want to work on is upgrading most of my Ranged things from 10* 10/10s to 11* ones. It'll happen in time >: )

GaNksTa
Aug 13, 2008, 04:47 PM
Since the beginning I could not use anything that was below 20% or that was broken. I was recently able to buy something that was 5/9.. though it was a good price for what it was and I was able to put my standards aside this one time. Generally all my S ranks are 3/10 and A ranks 5/10.. so the item was stronger and it was something I really wanted so I bought it..
The 5/9 I bought was the only exception.. all others are X/10; I broke a Tesbra yesterday.. had to buy another one cause I just couldn't handle it in that situation...

Though my 20% standard I don't think I can ever push aside...

xXJoshXx
Aug 14, 2008, 01:04 AM
Yeah but for me if its under 0/8 i wont take it but 0/8 and above is ok for me

stukasa
Aug 14, 2008, 11:53 AM
I wanted to point out that a lot of you may not have OCD but OCPD (obsessive-compulsive personality disorder) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive-compulsive_personality_disorder), which is similar to OCD but has different symptoms. People with OCD perform certain repetitive rituals or tasks while people with OCPD are perfectionists and require things to be a certain way but don't perform the rituals/tasks associated with OCD.

Isn't psychology fun? ^^

rayner
Aug 14, 2008, 12:38 PM
I wanted to point out that a lot of you may not have OCD but OCPD (obsessive-compulsive personality disorder) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive-compulsive_personality_disorder), which is similar to OCD but has different symptoms. People with OCD perform certain repetitive rituals or tasks while people with OCPD are perfectionists and require things to be a certain way but don't perform the rituals/tasks associated with OCD.

Isn't psychology fun? ^^

So what you're saying is that we're all STILL crazy. *twitch* After all the MAG runs I've done... does that count as a ritual/task? Especially since I'm trying to level my Laser PA's which is taking forever!

CelestialBlade
Aug 14, 2008, 12:57 PM
My general minimum threshold for melee weapons and armor elemental %s is 30, and I get pretty ecstatic when I see anything over 40. I only have one 50% weapon (Daiga-misaki) and I think that's ridiculously awesome.

There is a surprising number of people that honestly think 0/10 is somehow better than 9/9. People say that with their Pee-wands all the time, all I can do is facepalm.

stukasa
Aug 14, 2008, 01:06 PM
So what you're saying is that we're all STILL crazy. *twitch* After all the MAG runs I've done... does that count as a ritual/task? Especially since I'm trying to level my Laser PA's which is taking forever!
I don't know if grinding a mission over and over counts as an OCD ritual. :lol: It's kinda funny how so many people have in-game habits and rituals. Maybe it's just part of their personality or maybe they're seeking some control and order that they can't get in real life, who knows?

P.S. - I think we're all a little crazy in one way or another. :p