PDA

View Full Version : Speed S runs in MAG: We don't need no stinkin' badges.

RufuSwho
Aug 13, 2008, 10:25 AM
Ok, so most people understand that if you skip the badge rooms you can reduce your run time.

In fact you will get MORE badges (Gold badges, that is) per hour if you skip all the silver and bronze badge rooms.

All the best exp is in the last two rooms, and beating Falz is 30k exp alone.

Only a handful of peeps are looking for mission points; It goes without saying that more runs = more Mission Points.

I keep hearing "but the Bil de Vers are good exp." or "But I want badges."

Speed runs = more exp, more badges, more drops, more mission points, even level your PA faster, because the last room is non-stop hits

Who I am I posting this for? The people who understand already know this, and the new players are all going to argue. Bah, why bother.

Kizeragi
Aug 13, 2008, 10:33 AM
So... accorded to the last 2 lines. You just wasted your time posting this? :l...

On-topic: I do agree with you but people will always complain, that's just that.

DreXxiN
Aug 13, 2008, 10:37 AM
I feel you dude. And you're right, it's faster and better for everyone, but people will always come back with arguments. For some reason, Moar slower is better than steady income to most people. It's fact that you WILL get more badges in X time by doing full runs and skipping through rooms, to each his own.

Don't be picky here though, you wouldn't want to grow an "e-peen" or be "elitist" for knowing a bit too much about the game.

Cracka_J
Aug 13, 2008, 11:05 AM
I do everything except caves split and getting an npc. Both being a waste of my time.

If I'm running with friends, they all do the same. If I run with randoms, I make sure they know that's the plan.

Most (random) players will not care if you make the gameplan known from the beginning. If they start a bitchfit over the badgers, show them the door.

stukasa
Aug 13, 2008, 11:07 AM
You get more badges by skipping the badge rooms? That's interesting, I didn't know that. Not that I don't believe it, but is there anything to back up that idea? Like "Assuming runs take X amount of time, then after Y number of runs you'll earn more badges by skipping the badge rooms," etc.? Does party size matter? Time per run? Anything?

Powder Keg
Aug 13, 2008, 11:17 AM
I only do the badge room in forest because there's a shitload of enemies, then we get Kireek for the catilium.

Xefi
Aug 13, 2008, 11:47 AM
i play with Cz on MAG S, and we always skip the
forest & cave's badges for faster time. Both of us
finish the whole trial in about 24 min., which isn't
a really fast or bad time; 35 min. if we go for the
extra badges.

JAFO22000
Aug 13, 2008, 12:01 PM
I think it's fun to complete the whole mission. Maybe I'm just a complete-ist?? I've never once cared about my badges/hour and all of that. I'm not complaining nor am I taking anything away from the OP. I understand that a lot of people take this game very seriously and if skipping some rooms to gain more badges is your thing, then there you go.

If ST really wanted us to do the whole mission, S ranks would not be awarded unless the whole mission was cleared.

kyle21
Aug 13, 2008, 12:12 PM
You can still get S rank if you skip forest/cave badge rooms, so MP shouldn't be a concern.

System-Id
Aug 13, 2008, 12:50 PM
Me Just Want Pushans im getting my 4th in like 2 days ^^;

xXJoshXx
Aug 13, 2008, 01:11 PM
i play with Cz on MAG S, and we always skip the
forest & cave's badges for faster time. Both of us
finish the whole trial in about 24 min., which isn't
a really fast or bad time; 35 min. if we go for the
extra badges.

No affense or anything but how does it take yall an extra 11 mins when you get extra badges. It usally takes about 2 mins extra idk what yall do to take that much time o.o

RufuSwho
Aug 13, 2008, 01:24 PM
On-topic: I do agree with you but people will always complain, that's just that.

yes, the other posters certainly proved this, eh :)

"but theres a shitload of enemies in the forest"

"i just want the pushan"

right, so then you want to do speed S runs for exp and more badges per hour

*sigh*

thanks to all of you that understand this

Xefi
Aug 13, 2008, 01:29 PM
No affense or anything but how does it take yall an extra 11 mins when you get extra badges. It usally takes about 2 mins extra idk what yall do to take that much time o.o

i forgot to put in "about." Sorry if that numbers seem way off.
How does 5-11 min. sound? lol.

There's also lots factors that involve for our longer time for
the extra route: we don't use melee, those bears took some
time to beat, there were a lot of enemies running all over the
place (mainly rappies), breaking down the boulders, more
enemies running around (navals), all of that total in our
11 min. I play as fortegunner and Cz was playing as a
fortetecher, and we both need enemies to stay together in order
for us to finish them quicker.

edit: Nevermind, my time was a little bit off; i just ask Cz about
our run and she mention that we finish the whole trial with
extra badges in 30min. My mistake.

JAFO22000
Aug 13, 2008, 02:11 PM
i forgot to put in "about." Sorry if that numbers seem way off.
How does 5-11 min. sound? lol.

There's also lots factors that involve for our longer time for
the extra route: we don't use melee, those bears took some
time to beat, there were a lot of enemies running all over the
place (mainly rappies), breaking down the boulders, more
enemies running around (navals), all of that total in our
11 min. I play as fortegunner and Cz was playing as a
fortetecher, and we both need enemies to stay together in order
for us to finish them quicker.

edit: Nevermind, my time was a little bit off; i just ask Cz about
our run and she mention that we finish the whole trial with
extra badges in 30min. My mistake.

A good FT should be able to keep most of the rappies grouped up, almost as good as a trap can.

Tiyr
Aug 13, 2008, 02:45 PM
If you want Bil de Axe boards or Bil horns it'd make sense to do forest. I generally prefer skipping cave, though.

If you care about specific mat or boards drops I can see getting an NPC--especially Kireek, as that gives you the best chances for Catilium (I believe--correct me if I'm wrong).

fay
Aug 13, 2008, 03:00 PM
FINALLY.
someone who understand what a speed s run woudl consist of.
when ever i invite peopel or ask if we can do speed s runs everyone says yea...but then they go to the badge areas.

please cant you just skip the badge areas people. i dont mind the area in the mines as its just in and out but caves and forrest. thats just to long. get through it faster. get your gold badge STILL get your s rank for completing it and back into another

Para
Aug 13, 2008, 03:04 PM
I like to skip the extra rooms except the Mines one since there's no monsters because god forbid 40minute+ S rank runs with pub parties.

Shinko
Aug 13, 2008, 03:04 PM
I agree with you fully but....

ppl will play how they want to play end of story
if you want to play like that then find a party that agrees to the rules and keep it moving

dc534
Aug 13, 2008, 06:51 PM
To many holes in your plan. I am all for skipping enemies in the forest and in in the second part, mines maybe. But if you skip enemies, there less chance of area drops because the more enemies you kill the better chance you have to get DB swords or Twin Ruby Bullets, another thing that is very very important is the NPC choice. Most randoms i have ran skip all the NPC's I ask why they tell me it does not matter. THis is completly false. Each NPC has a chance to drop different items, all of it is on psupedia.info, Kireek has a chance to get mugunruk boards. I dont know about you but I think 2 minutes of my time listening to Kireek babble on is worth the chance of getting a Mugunruk board.

So I am agreeing you on the first two parts of the mission, the forest and mines? but as for the rest you might as well get those badges and kill as many enemies as possible for the chance of rare area drops.

I say skip the forest and I think it is the mines, whatever the second stage is, because the area drops are Twin Durandal and Twin Varista's. The Ruins and Cave have area drops of Twin Ruby and Twin DB. I dont know about you but both of those sound good to me. I want some 30% DB Swords.

dc534
Aug 13, 2008, 06:54 PM
I want to mention psupedia.info again. They have all the drops of c, b, a, s on there. It is a very good site to check this stuff out.

MysticGoten
Aug 13, 2008, 07:07 PM
Make your own party of people who think like you unless you don't have peeps.

I like to complete the full run and force people to do so. I also have full sets of online and real life friends who will run the mission how we want.

Stop whining, I have never seen you here before and thats all you are doing and I don't agree with you.