PDA

View Full Version : Putting PS:P on a 1GB memory stick

Chimeria
Aug 13, 2008, 10:08 PM
Someone on Kai told me there was a way to put the game on a 1GB memory stick by deleting a few files. Does anyone know how to do that and which files need to be deleted?

Treyseph
Aug 13, 2008, 10:19 PM
just a wild guess, but there might be a few un-needed files in the flash0.

but don't take my word on it.

that's a very dangerous area of the psp to mingle with. >_<

Chimeria
Aug 13, 2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah I know. I guess my friend will just have to get another memory card...

Zarode
Aug 13, 2008, 10:28 PM
Don't. Mess. With flash0. EVER.

Also, Mr. Kai is pretty darn wrong. What are you gonna put in flash0 after you delete flash0 files off of it? ;/

eternal007
Aug 13, 2008, 11:08 PM
rip out the video files to shorten your game size

_kenchin_
Aug 14, 2008, 01:43 AM
just a wild guess, but there might be a few un-needed files in the flash0.

but don't take my word on it.

that's a very dangerous area of the PSP to mingle with. >_<

Umm no that has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the ISO, Please DO
Your research before answering,

AS if she had attempted What you "suggested"
Her psp could be BRICKED, and not everyone keeps Pandora on the side.

So please THINK before you Post.

As for the Iso, I'll make you one; And as stated before me yes you can remove the movie files that aren't necessary. Personally I like the little movies.

So I'll try to make it at least 900mb without removing the movies.

Please give me some time though as I'm a little busy and disoriented from staying awake for 3 days.....

eternal007
Aug 14, 2008, 02:03 AM
delete the update file too

Elec
Aug 14, 2008, 02:17 AM
I have a PSP ISO that fits on a 1gb. All of the cutscenes were deleted, so it gave me enough space.

Typhoeus
Aug 14, 2008, 04:23 AM
Please check your PM's Elec.

Treyseph
Aug 14, 2008, 11:34 AM

As for the Iso, I'll make you one; And as stated before me yes you can remove the movie files that aren't necessary. Personally I like the little movies.

Please give me some time though as I'm a little busy and disoriented from staying awake for 3 days.....

for one, she never referred to the size of the iso.

secondly, i never told her to do it. as i said "don't take my word on it."

i was just SUGGESTING that that might have been what the guy she met on kai was talking about. not suggesting her to go through with the process.

sorry if i've offended anyone.

Chimeria
Aug 14, 2008, 08:44 PM

Wow, let's not get feisty now. You don't have to make one for me, I'm pretty sure I'll be ok with deleting a few movie files. (Unless there's more to it) I was looking through the folder and saw where they are located. I know you're tired anyway. Thanks for the info. Now me and my friend can play :)

Qwid
Aug 15, 2008, 07:20 PM
I think there is more to it than just removing the files. I believe you can just remove the update folder which is 24mb, but when you remove certain movie files they have to be relinked to another file still in the iso. I haven't actually tried this myself, but just understood that was what had to be done from what I read.

Illuminate
Aug 15, 2008, 08:31 PM
Anyone mind PMing me with information/anything useful?

_kenchin_
Aug 16, 2008, 09:01 AM
I didn't mean to sound offensive, just some people see things on the net and just try them
without any thought, I'm just saying be careful.

@chimeria well it wouldn't have been a problem. I made a smaller functional iso to speed up my progress. I was actually uploading it for you and who ever else needed it but my internet was turned off. forgot to pay bill lol, anyway i'm tethering though my blackberry now so i can't upload
sorry.

also how do you pronounce your name ? as ch or sh

Dragwind
Aug 16, 2008, 10:35 AM
Just a reminder- http://www.pso-world.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forumrules

Rule 20. Keep in mind that it's a ban-able offense. Don't share ISO's here.

Chimeria
Aug 17, 2008, 10:12 AM
I didn't mean to sound offensive, just some people see things on the net and just try them
without any thought, I'm just saying be careful.

@chimeria well it wouldn't have been a problem. I made a smaller functional iso to speed up my progress. I was actually uploading it for you and who ever else needed it but my internet was turned off. forgot to pay bill lol, anyway i'm tethering though my blackberry now so i can't upload
sorry.

also how do you pronounce your name ? as ch or sh

It's fine. My friend ended up buying a 2GB memory stick so he could play. It would be nice to have a smaller file though to save some space...but no worries. And I pronounce my name (Kai)meria ;)

Chibi_psu
Aug 18, 2008, 11:54 AM
You can switch the iso to a cso file.No need to remove videos or anything.The psp cso is 8xx mb so enough space.How? google is your friend

Treyseph
Aug 18, 2008, 01:35 PM
You can switch the iso to a cso file.No need to remove videos or anything.The psp cso is 8xx mb so enough space.How? google is your friend

no, the game only works as an iso. reason being is it's already compressed enough as it is.

only way to make it smaller is like they're saying, rip stuff.

Modsoul
Aug 28, 2008, 01:07 AM
hah.

my iso is 927 MB, i have all the movies.

i relinked the world move scenes, and the prologue + title movie, and deleted the update, that left me with about 927MB (maybe 930 or something),

if not, relink one of the cutscene movies,

(P.S, Dont DELETE ANY files, only relink them. if you delete them, PhSP looks for the movie, and itll just freeze ur psp up.)

EDIT: and wtf? flash0 has nothing to do with putting PhSP on ur PSP.
flash0 has like 7mb space, and its for all your necessary files, not games.

Illuminate
Aug 30, 2008, 10:10 PM
What's relinking? >_>

Is it like, making a blank file, and naming it the same as a file that has something, then exchanging them?

laz305
Sep 5, 2008, 01:11 PM
*clipped*

Mod edit: Do not ask others for ISO's.