PDA

View Full Version : [360] How best to invest a stack

CHA0TIX
Aug 14, 2008, 08:03 AM
Playing the market seems to be widely known as the best methord to make money in PSU.

So, what would be the best item to invest in right now?

I'm guessing S+10s, what with the approaching grind bonus, but is anyone else willing to share their insight into what is going to be going up in value in the near future?

I'm also buying loads of zon and megi photons when i see them at a good deal, in preparation for the upcomming events.

fay
Aug 14, 2008, 08:50 AM
yea s+10s are good. only problem is getting your hands on them just now since there so expensive.
buying the grinder base s could make it easier if you have luck at sync'ing them.
however even at that. on our server the bases are even going for almost 50k piece

lucky you said about the zon and megi photons there. i never even thought about them.

as of just now maby a good thing to do is buy lots of items dropped in mag and sell them back once the event is over.
i just spend all my 10 mil on items that ill never use but hopefully ill make profit on them.

highlight the hopefully. everytime iv tried to guess whats going up in price iv been wrong , argh!

HellKnight
Aug 14, 2008, 09:13 AM
if you have a stack it seems like the hot item is a spread needle g and you can usually buy one for a stack. the value of those are only going to go up it seems like even when the new wave of needles go out I don't think the value will go down. also if you can buy a 0/10 put some grinds on it and its gonna be worth even more

Cracka_J
Aug 14, 2008, 09:38 AM
The best way to invest your money is to hold onto it.
Meseta will never flux in value, it is the most surefire investment you can make in PSU.
Weapons, armor, grinders, items, they all are a risk to invest.

Spend your time, instead, hunting things in demand by the community. If and when you find the item, sell it and repeat the process. If you want quick money, hunting is the most effective way to make it, not by playing the market. That and it's 100% profit.

RufuSwho
Aug 14, 2008, 09:47 AM
uh, im not sure "scamming the market" is a fair description.

i'm pretty sure you can buy and sell items in PSU and it's not "scamming"

anyway, to the OP, choa staffs and pushans

pushans will likely go up in value after the event is over, as it is not on the drop list for any upcoming missions

also spears are a good investment that will not likely lose any value, thanks to the popularity of Majarra.

Ank Zagza is way down from the price that it will be after the event closes

hope this helps

Gryffin
Aug 14, 2008, 10:00 AM
Don't buy photons for events.

It takes 10 Photons for one drop, and 30 drops for one sphere, and sphere's are whats used for trading. 300 Photons for ONE sphere? And could you imagine sitting there exchanging them?

I say hold on to it, and just go shopping with it as you please.

amtalx
Aug 14, 2008, 10:04 AM
Unfortunately, you kinda missed the boat for investing. Before the synth boost, Rattlesnake boards were available for <20mil. Now, the market value of a X/10 is around the upper 20's. Considering the material cost for a Rattlesnake is ridiculously low. You can see almost a 50% return.

Risk vs. Reward. Sure you can make money just hunting a selling items. I did that for about a year, but low risk investments have low payouts. Just be smart, and play your cards right. Timing is everything. Events are going to be your big moneymaker. If you make a friend on the JP server that can give you an idea of what items spike for a given event, you can easily make several stacks for doing absolutely nothing.

CHA0TIX
Aug 14, 2008, 10:07 AM
Good tips guys. The Spread Needle/G is a good call, but I'll have to wait until we get them delivered again and sit there for ages refreshing the shop search... I guess if there is one when I look, I'll snap it up.

Thinking about it, I could do both, as im convinced that even buying 2 stacks of S+10's at current price will be sure a sure way of making money.

If they go from 400,000 to 500,00. it will cost someone 79,200,000 to buy, sell for 99,000,000, and make 19,800,000 profit.

Nearly 20 mil profit between now and shortley after the grind bonus is pretty awesome.

Don't buy photons for events.

It takes 10 Photons for one drop, and 30 drops for one sphere, and sphere's are whats used for trading. 300 Photons for ONE sphere? And could you imagine sitting there exchanging them?

I say hold on to it, and just go shopping with it as you please.

Ah, so that's only 29,700 zon-photons for the 99 sphere trade (Holy Ray/D?)

Easy stuff. I bought a Hori Turbo Pad to save my hand spazzing out by hitting that X button over and over. It makes item trades pretty easy.

Plus, picking them up at low prices by the stack in advance = getting the MUST HAVE item of the event for under 6 mil. (5,940,000 @ 200 meseta each) I'm pretty sure I can make some nice profit there :D

Rusty.
Aug 14, 2008, 11:38 AM
http://psupedia.info/Dengeki_Editorial_Department

99 sphere = Falclaw

Protectors' Choice (quiz type thing?) = Holy Ray/D

CHA0TIX
Aug 14, 2008, 11:45 AM
http://psupedia.info/Dengeki_Editorial_Department

99 sphere = Falclaw

Protectors' Choice (quiz type thing?) = Holy Ray/D

Awesome - thanks for that!

Falclaw = good? I know i can't use that as gun master...

Rusty.
Aug 14, 2008, 11:50 AM
Awesome - thanks for that!

Falclaw = good? I know i can't use that as gun master...

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/3006/falclaw/

1022 atp at 10/10 o.0

and lv 1 stun.

haruna
Aug 14, 2008, 01:39 PM
Even though Zon-Photons are used in trade, they're gonna be dropping like crazy. It's not worth it. I did save some Lightning element armor to sell during the event.

Turb0
Aug 14, 2008, 03:26 PM
You can buy some S+10s and give them to me seeing as I just wasted the rest of mine on a PW that ended up 4/4.:( I really doubt you'll find a 0/10 spread needle in shops, so giving me buying grinders actually isn't a bad idea because you won't have to wait for months and months until they go up in price.

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 16, 2008, 02:34 AM
Good luck trying to find SN/G for 99 mil.

Nirvash7
Aug 16, 2008, 03:41 AM
The secret in investing is not telling anyone anything? Why? Because then the value of what you would be investing in would go down dramatically because everyone else is doing it. But I will tell you a couple anyway:

Shigga Bomacs: Made from a Shigga Brada board (costs 110K from NPC) and last when I looked, I bought all of the 50K ones so they should be around 100K. With the grind bonus you can make 3 at a time with an 80% chance. You can buy Brada boards from player shops for around 2 or 3K.

Truffles: Truffles are cheap and you can trade them for Bio Panic rooms. Last I checked Bio Panics sold for 500K.

fay
Aug 16, 2008, 07:42 AM
nirvash i found a good one not to long ago aswell.
because of MAG A runz soda riban boards are everywhere. peopel were selling them for 2-3K per board and the npc gives 8250 lol.

i bought all of them though on the 360 server so good luck with finding more :P

i made about have a mil profit just doing that :O

CHA0TIX
Aug 19, 2008, 04:24 AM
because of MAG A runz soda riban boards are everywhere. peopel were selling them for 2-3K per board and the npc gives 8250 lol.

Nice! Can't see myself investing a stack in this methord though.

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 19, 2008, 10:39 AM

this is quite true....when i was on my level 130 character helping my friend, we was doing A the whole day and on average.....8+ [B] soda riban dropped liked crazy....and most of the time i got them all. I had about 80 of those things yesterday alone :-o

That doesnt even count all the ribans i got from the beginning.

I'm not a market guru or anything, but if im thinking bout it correctly,i wouldnt reccomend selling rares from MAG,Double Agito,Rucar,Cati skill,ETC

BTW.....so far all the advice ive seen are very good. Im gonna have to try them

One thing i've been doing lately was grinding B'duki maganac and ruby bullets. From what i read if those are grinded to 10. They are the best A class handgun. although i think the maganac is more balanced while the RB has a higher PP. I pulled out a 10/10 RB yesterday and currently they sold for about 9 mill(360 serveR)but im pretty sure until the grinding bonus......they should go up a lil bit higher since you wont be able to get it after MAG (i think)

fay
Aug 19, 2008, 10:46 AM
the new best way i noticed.
if your on the 360 sever. hunt down 2 agito repca board. sell boath boards and you will have made well over 100 mil

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 19, 2008, 10:49 AM
the new best way i noticed.
if your on the 360 sever. hunt down 2 agito repca board. sell boath boards and you will have made well over 100 mil

Where do you get yours from???
The only place ive seen it drop was true darkness.
the first time i saw i didnt get it. but the second time....it took like 30+ runs until i saw another XD

fay
Aug 19, 2008, 10:55 AM
lol your complaning about 30+ runs.

iv been doing sleeping warriors s2 since febuary 4 hours a day straight 7 days a week and STILL no psycho wand board.
pleanty of relic edge though

Kizeragi
Aug 19, 2008, 11:00 AM
I just sold stuff I never use now and made 60mil.

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 19, 2008, 11:46 AM
lol your complaning about 30+ runs.

iv been doing sleeping warriors s2 since febuary 4 hours a day straight 7 days a week and STILL no psycho wand board.
pleanty of relic edge though

lol no im not complaining im just saying how long it took. I've known people who still havent found one and they have been looking since i joined PSU (december 07)

thematesV2
Aug 19, 2008, 12:03 PM
wow fay, you've been doing that 4 hours a day, 7 days a week for roughly 180 days for a grand total of 720 hours of the same run? geez, you just don't give up do you. and to think i've felt like i've wasted my time play PSU, and i've only put in a grand total of about 180 hours all together....

no hard feelings, but that just seems like a serious waste of your time, for an imaginary object. perhaps you should spend more time studying, or dating or something... I know it's fun, i find many nights disappearing on ragol and parum, but geez, and all on the same run also! you must be able to do that run in your sleep.

when I can do it S2, can i join for the easy exp and job points?

fay
Aug 19, 2008, 12:12 PM
oh believe me i have had a serious think about it haha

i have 4 characters almost capped now. all of which have been played for well over 180 hours :P

i can kinda run it in my sleep as they say but no offence. i always run solo there.
if the psycho wand did drop after all that time and i didnt get it, i think id comit suicide =[

to bo honest im piss bored of the mission, excuse the language.
thats why im gonna start true darkness. little harder but agoti repca sells for more and agito edge sells more than relic edge =]

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 19, 2008, 12:16 PM
oh believe me i have had a serious think about it haha

i have 4 characters almost capped now. all of which have been played for well over 180 hours :P

i can kinda run it in my sleep as they say but no offence. i always run solo there.
if the psycho wand did drop after all that time and i didnt get it, i think id comit suicide =[

to bo honest im piss bored of the mission, excuse the language.
thats why im gonna start true darkness. little harder but agoti repca sells for more and agito edge sells more than relic edge =]

depending on the class TD can be quite easy. On my fortegunner, i can solol TD S2 within 12 minutes.......plus its much shorter then SW

fay
Aug 19, 2008, 12:22 PM
yea the classes i have on my characters are

fortetecher/acrotecher
acrotecher
figunner/fortefighter
fortegunner

to bo honest though i will most likly use the character that has the forte/acrotecher.
my problem isnt the megid in that level actually. its the damn gaozorans. there just soooooo spell resistant

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 19, 2008, 12:42 PM
yea the classes i have on my characters are

fortetecher/acrotecher
acrotecher
figunner/fortefighter
fortegunner

to bo honest though i will most likly use the character that has the forte/acrotecher.
my problem isnt the megid in that level actually. its the damn gaozorans. there just soooooo spell resistant

In my opinion if you have Rising shot to atleast 31,light shotgun and machine gun to 31 then it can fly by fast. atleast thats how i get it done...and mine are at 40....i have a shigga baret now.....all i need is a rattlesnake :-o

fay
Aug 19, 2008, 12:57 PM
na. that character was leveled through mag so my pas aint that high for it.
i have all the bullets but there all about 11,12 lol. thats all elemental for shotgun,rifle and twin handgun, a few lazer and grenade.

actually ill do that soon. i just cant take much more mag tbh

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 19, 2008, 01:04 PM
na. that character was leveled through mag so my pas aint that high for it.
i have all the bullets but there all about 11,12 lol. thats all elemental for shotgun,rifle and twin handgun, a few lazer and grenade.

actually ill do that soon. i just cant take much more mag tbh

ah see well durin the period inbetween MAG1 and MAG2 i got all three to 40 doing plains overlord with the safe spots within 3 days. im pretty sure there is a quicker way buts thats how i did it. One thing to make it go a lil faster,change to the ranger type(until they get to 20) then which guntecher. me personally i've never done it that way but people say that would make it faster....im going to get it a try when i get home...all my rifles are at 21+ so the only reason i'd go ranger is to level the other bullets i dont have to 20 that ranger can use