PDA

View Full Version : What to do about Scammers?

Silverthreads
Mar 17, 2008, 10:14 PM
I ask many people this and It is a very good question on this game, :how many people do you know has been scammed by one person or another: is that a question you have ever asked yourself? Why DO they not do anything about these people who personally should play the game instead of taking from other people who have worked hard for what they have got and in an instant its gone. Tell me what you think should be done about these people who are so greedy that they basically steal from everyone on the game as well here are a few tips on how not to get scammed

#1 the item scamming glitch is done from uploading and downloading "the red and blue lights in the top corner" make sure to check all prices even if its something you really want and someone else is about to buy it.

#2 Do not trade unless its a good friend and you have known them for quite a while, always buy from a player shop after checking the price.

#3 never agree to see a "duplication" trick, they will always bring you in on their little game and try to get you to drop your weapons.

Thank you for your time everyone

Xefi
Mar 17, 2008, 10:54 PM
the person that is getting scammed should report whoever scammed him/her on the official forum. This should maybe limit or discourage scammers from scamming because Sega Team do banned people for cheating.

Silverthreads
Mar 17, 2008, 11:05 PM
Agreed in this point but as well there are many people who get scammed that do not report it I encourage everyone to report scammer activity

Nuclearranger
Mar 17, 2008, 11:29 PM
Never really had an issue with this...

Kittycat
Mar 17, 2008, 11:51 PM
spend the rest of your life warning people about the scammer! ruin his reputation!

oh wait not enough people will care, and others will still get scammed. :E

BFGfreak
Mar 18, 2008, 12:17 AM
file a complaint through Xbox Live, if enough people get scammed by the same guy, than microsoft will drop the banhammer on his live account.

Indica
Mar 18, 2008, 01:19 AM
Organized Religion is nothing but a dirty awful scam. I want my money back

3nascar3fan3
Mar 18, 2008, 01:34 AM
i believe that there should be a seperate server that scamming and hackers would be exiled to...never to return to the normal servers ever again =)

SmurfALMIGHTY
Mar 18, 2008, 01:42 AM
Or actually have Gm's that are set to do deal with these kind of things which are non-existent for the most part unless your persistent. I guess the more I talk about it the more I want to rant about how we spend 10 bucks a month on a game that is updated (rarely on a 2 week/monthly basis) I believe if they actually had GM's monitoring some things and they fixed the pricing situation then yah I think that would justify the cost enough even though i've never been scammed. Whenever I buy things I just tell them to leave the room or bring the exact amount needed to purchase something.

mvffin
Mar 18, 2008, 02:24 AM
On 2008-03-17 23:34, 3nascar3fan3 wrote:
i believe that there should be a seperate server that scamming and hackers would be exiled to...never to return to the normal servers ever again =)

they have one on the 360 side. its a scary place, many who go there never speak of it again. its called the demo servers.

Sekani
Mar 18, 2008, 09:59 AM
I'd just ban everyone who keeps getting scammed. Maybe then people will stop being so stupid.

Seriously, most scam prevention is just common fucking sense. Don't open trade windows with strangers, that guy's not a hacker just because he says so, GMs don't need your items or your money, and you can't dupe anything by dropping it on the ground.

It honestly hurts my head to wonder how and why people keep falling for the same shit. I mean, if these scam victims can use the internet to whine about getting scammed, why the fuck can't they use it to read the nine billion forum posts all over the place that warn people about this shit?

CoSine
Mar 18, 2008, 10:06 AM
I dun know about you guys, but I vote death penalty...

DEM_CIG
Mar 18, 2008, 10:11 AM
If u dont no them trade cards so u have a way to blacklist them.

Akaimizu
Mar 18, 2008, 10:13 AM
What should you do with an in-game scammer?

Tie 'em to the scuppers with the hose pipe on 'em.

Ear-ly in the moooorning!!!

(Don't know why, but this topic really made me think of this shanty.)

Still, I've already heard of scammers being reported and banned and such, so they definitely aren't untouchable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-18 08:15 ]</font>

Iduno
Mar 18, 2008, 10:21 AM
On 2008-03-18 07:59, Sekani wrote:
I'd just ban everyone who keeps getting scammed. Maybe then people will stop being so stupid.

Seriously, most scam prevention is just common fucking sense. Don't open trade windows with strangers, that guy's not a hacker just because he says so, GMs don't need your items or your money, and you can't dupe anything by dropping it on the ground.

It honestly hurts my head to wonder how and why people keep falling for the same shit. I mean, if these scam victims can use the internet to whine about getting scammed, why the fuck can't they use it to read the nine billion forum posts all over the place that warn people about this shit?

Yeah I don't get how people can constantly fall for that crap its so easy to avoid people are just too trusting or blinded by greed when a deal seems too good to be true

Telina
Mar 18, 2008, 10:22 AM
There is no real way to get rid of small time scammers from SEGA's view i think. Though if you look at the trades they all stem from ignorance or uncertainty from the one being scammed, if we can remove the uncertainty and scamming will become a less observed practice

JarinKail
Mar 18, 2008, 12:49 PM
If you're not paying close attention to what you're buying, it's your own damn fault anyway.

Tita
Mar 18, 2008, 02:55 PM
Pro Tips:
make friends.
stop caring about omg rarz.
4th floor cylez is a lie.