PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with Scammers?

aidenunder
Aug 14, 2008, 05:59 PM
the person that is getting scammed should report whoever scammed him/her on the official forum. This should maybe limit or discourage scammers from scamming because Sega Team do banned people for cheating.

i know so many scammers and have reported millions directly to a gm the only thing a gm will do is make them give it back but you me and everyone else should watch the trade window and never fil a report ticket bc its just a waste of time bc sega is lazy and they dont care

I'd just ban everyone who keeps getting scammed. Maybe then people will stop being so stupid.

Seriously, most scam prevention is just common fucking sense. Don't open trade windows with strangers, that guy's not a hacker just because he says so, GMs don't need your items or your money, and you can't dupe anything by dropping it on the ground.

It honestly hurts my head to wonder how and why people keep falling for the same shit. I mean, if these scam victims can use the internet to whine about getting scammed, why the fuck can't they use it to read the nine billion forum posts all over the place that warn people about this shit?

i agree 100% with you

Yunfa
Aug 14, 2008, 06:03 PM
The perfect example is, two guys become friends after a few runs. They later play together alot, one guy has a really rare weapon, the other wants to "borrow it." See where this is going?

- And as for things such as high grind and % weapons for a price obviously tpp low, cmon people. One must take everything with a grain of salt. Usually if it sounds too good to be true, it's most likely too good to be true. Learning the hard way is only one method of realizing this.

Truth034
Aug 14, 2008, 06:15 PM
if your dumb enough to get scammed then you deserve it...... only noobs get scammed!!!!

Triple_S
Aug 14, 2008, 06:23 PM
- And as for things such as high grind and % weapons for a price obviously tpp low, cmon people. One must take everything with a grain of salt. Usually if it sounds too good to be true, it's most likely too good to be true. Learning the hard way is only one method of realizing this.

If this is in a player shop, the best way to get around this is to only bring that amount. That way if they change the price you aren't going to waste money on it.

I have a method for these situations that I haven't been able to test yet, but I'm pretty sure will work and basically teach them not to do it.

Mewnie
Aug 14, 2008, 08:21 PM
Sega put in player shops for a reason, folks ;3

Seriously, like Sekani said, it's all common sense, which people who get scammed sorely lack.
If someone came up to you on the street in real life and said "Hey, I'll give you an PS3 if you give me two hundred bucks!" would the first thing that comes in your mind be ZOMG PS3??

I'd be thinking 'who the fuck is this, and why are they trying to hawk hot goods on me'

GaNksTa
Aug 14, 2008, 08:25 PM
I'm not trying to rail on those that have been scammed.. but I mean c'mon.. it's kind of sad what people fall for these days...

Phisher Sites: It should be completely obvious that it isn't a legit site.. not looking at the URL is just being lazy...

In Game Trade Scam: First off... who really actually trades.. the only time I use the window is to give free stuff... In the case of which you're trading someone.. do it slow and keep verifying it's the right item.. unless is a well-known individual then it shouldn't matter. Also.. if you're trading things for above a stack.. you do know you can have a GM present..

Duplication Scam: ...lol.. that is all.

Mewnie
Aug 14, 2008, 08:33 PM
I just noticed... holy shit

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/Lulz/necropost.jpg

Shoot it in the fucking head!

BrandonHeat
Aug 14, 2008, 08:35 PM
Look I have never fallen for a scam yet in this game all I got to say is use some GD common sense

If you lack the common sense to figure out a scam on an MMO then you shouldnt play sorry and TY

Yoyu
Aug 14, 2008, 08:35 PM
lol, so it's called scam now?

haha, it's not like the old times where the trading system didn't exist, nor did exchanging weapons mediator system exist but rather exchanged stuff on the good faith that no one steals. ah, the days of innocence, lol.

has anything really changed since then? :3

BrandonHeat
Aug 14, 2008, 08:40 PM
LOL Yoyu for 1 ur tag why so serious screw you I am sooooooo fnin sick of that catch phrase

next I agree with you I member the old days if you still get scammed now ur well just that a

noob and deserve it, also I wanna go on record to say I think only kids get scammed cause they

are noob enuff to fall for it. Like I said I never been scammed nor most the peeps I know, just

kids that I know been scammed. COMMON SENSE!!!!!!!