PDA

View Full Version : Don't open the boss boxes. I know the right order...

RufuSwho
Aug 15, 2008, 09:35 AM
This is driving me flipping crazy.

"Don't open the boss boxes." and " "If you open them in a certain order, it will increase the chance of a rare dropping."

This is some serious BS.

IT DOESN'T MATTER.

You want to level a ~80 character, you have to deal with these noob sticks.

*sigh* I'll get over it.

SStrikerR
Aug 15, 2008, 09:44 AM
I lol'd.
I CAN HAZ TEH BLACK BEAST WIT TEH AXEZ NAO?
I love rumors.

Powder Keg
Aug 15, 2008, 10:02 AM
hahaha if I saw someone say that in my team I'd probably piss myself laughing

Seority
Aug 15, 2008, 10:54 AM
Kinda like running around 100 times in the portal room to DF will open the doors and you get to open shiney red PSO boxes all containing Add Slots. :wacko:

Kylie
Aug 15, 2008, 12:26 PM
Rofl. I've imagined this scenario because I know how petty MMO people can be, but it's surprisingly never happened in front of me. But it's amusing to now that someone actually does think like this.

darkante
Aug 15, 2008, 12:38 PM
I think they trust people´s word too much.
They won´t go far in life without some kind of self-awareness of obivous lies lol.

CelestialBlade
Aug 15, 2008, 01:11 PM
Superstition usually equates to desperation. It's pretty funny.

Sekani
Aug 15, 2008, 01:38 PM
I think some friends of mine actually started this rumor. True story. The idea was brought up as part of a conversation mocking how people are so superstitious when it comes to rare drops and synthing.

Aisha379
Aug 15, 2008, 04:59 PM
I think some friends of mine actually started this rumor. True story. The idea was brought up as part of a conversation mocking how people are so superstitious when it comes to rare drops and synthing.

Done better than the rumor Eyce and I tried to spread around.

We were in a game months ago and started typing /random for the fun of it.

One of us got 1, and then found a rare (something really crappy, like a 7* metal or something)

So we jokingly started going around and telling people if you random-ify the number 1 in a mission before actually starting to hunt, you get way more rares.

I think we (amazingly) tricked a few people, but almost everyone was too smart to fall for it.

Triple_S
Aug 15, 2008, 05:36 PM
Kinda like running around 100 times in the portal room to DF will open the doors and you get to open shiney red PSO boxes all containing Add Slots. :wacko:

No no, you'd find a whole bunch of rare enemies to kill, but they instead give you the PSU version of a Photon Drop.

I'd say Vulcaline or Kerseline, myself.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 15, 2008, 05:52 PM
Right order huh?

Haha

Para
Aug 15, 2008, 06:27 PM
Sounds like someone's rare deprieved.

Seority
Aug 16, 2008, 03:17 AM
No no, you'd find a whole bunch of rare enemies to kill, but they instead give you the PSU version of a Photon Drop.

I'd say Vulcaline or Kerseline, myself.

I guess it just proves that this is also a myth. :)

DavidNel
Aug 16, 2008, 07:32 AM
Itz dooz work guize!11!!!!! Iz seens itz!!!!

.... In the words of Mr. T, I pitty the fool...

Triple_S
Aug 16, 2008, 11:39 AM
I guess it just proves that this is also a myth. :)

No, my friend's friend told my friend who told me that the room thing was true! You just gotta use a 4-way Photon Blast consisting of Pilla, Mylla & Youlla, Captain Falcon and Duke Nukem, then with your newly-found power you must help Ike fight for his friends. This will allow you to receive a copy of Duke Nukem Forever, but it is immediately sacrificed to open the door.

Aisha379
Aug 16, 2008, 12:03 PM
Do you have to run Clockwise or Counterclockwise?

I'm not going to try it until I know that. I'm not stupid.

Triple_S
Aug 16, 2008, 12:08 PM
Both.

At the same time.

While drop-kicking your teammate.

Who has to be sitting.

With their weapon out.

While I talk in short sentences.

Oh and you have to have a Tsumikiri J-Sword equipped in your left hand and a rifle in your right.

Let's not forget that you also need to be a short, fat male human Fighgunner with green clothing and your choice of either a pink afro or a purple mohawk.