PDA

View Full Version : Why are these people so nasty?

Pillar
Aug 15, 2008, 10:12 AM
The longer M.A.G. goes on the more insane people are becoming. I started a party earlier this morning, titled it "Speed C", and I did not put any requirements like "PT" or "75+" or anything like that. A level 140 FighGunner and a level 11 Force joined me. We did a few runs. We rolled dice each run to see who would do the sides to make it a bit more interesting since spamming C is so mind numbing. We were just having fun.

Then this male Cast named Juno joined. Everything was cool until I told him how we choose who does the badge areas each time. He did not like this idea. So instead of just leaving since he was unhappy. He proceeded to tell me how everything I was doing was wrong, playing with a level 11 basic class, asking him to do the sides was just unimaginable to him because he was level 140, and not to title my game "Speed C" if that's not what we're doing.

I told him there was nothing wrong with helping out someone who is level 11, and that if he did not like it to join another party, or start his own. He then told me "I didn't join this party because I wanted to." I laughed pretty hard at that. I said "nobody made you join this party, dude. If you don't like it just leave." Then he started getting really upset and he blacklisted me and left the party.

Why are so many people so crazy like this? And we have all played with the egotistical PT who doesn't even allow people to chat in their party, whether your the leader or not. I can NOT stand it when someone joins my party and tells me or someone else to stop chatting. GET THE FUCK OUT IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!! START YOUR OWN GOD DAMNED PARTY!!

gundam0079
Aug 15, 2008, 10:14 AM
lulz, thats why i party with friends :P

Kizeragi
Aug 15, 2008, 10:18 AM
Many people are desperate to get a Spread Needle / G. That's just the way it is.
I wouldn't call a party with a Level 11 Force, a speed run though.

Mysterious-G
Aug 15, 2008, 10:20 AM
Many people are desperate to get a Spread Needle / G. That's just the way it is.

He plays on PC/PS2.

You know, I think speed runs all day long are crazy anyway. :wacko:

Alastor_Haven
Aug 15, 2008, 10:29 AM
I want my spread

I also like fast runs

Noobs don't read the party name

- Level 1 joins in when the party name says Speed C 90+
- Boots asap

Read the party name -.-

If it says Speed

Then they want fast runs

Hence - ''Speed''

A low lvl isn't going make it ''FAST''

Kizeragi
Aug 15, 2008, 10:33 AM
I want my spread x 2

I also like fast runs

Fixed. :wacko:

Gunslinger-08
Aug 15, 2008, 10:44 AM
you should call them "Easygoing Speed C Runs"

as for that guy, he almost makes me being ashamed of being at PT. :(

JAFO22000
Aug 15, 2008, 10:48 AM
He should've checked the make-up of the party before joining. If it didn't suit him, he shouldn't have joined.

AND, you should've booted him if he was complaining.

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 10:48 AM
I want my spread

I also like fast runs

Noobs don't read the party name

- Level 1 joins in when the party name says Speed C 90+
- Boots asap

Read the party name -.-

If it says Speed

Then they want fast runs

Hence - ''Speed''

A low lvl isn't going make it ''FAST''

It only takes 2-3 to speed run. The 4th guy would've been fine hitching a ride as long as he stayed on the for front.

Maybe thats just me, but if people are lvl 140 and can't speed run with another 140 then that means you're the noob.... sorry.

that's how i got my spreed needle. @lvl130

Meta77
Aug 15, 2008, 10:51 AM

why though. i looked it up the shigga baret is more powerful and has more pp only thing spread has over it is acc.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 15, 2008, 10:51 AM
If they wanted a NORMAL run

Don't go into SPEED runs

Simple as that

Kylie
Aug 15, 2008, 10:54 AM
Unfortunately, it isn't MAG making people like that. It brings it out more, yes, but some people take this game too seriously all the time. Personally, I can't stand it when people come in my rooms and tell me how to do things, especially when it's just to save a second or two, and then get all mad like it's personal. I've had to tell off a few people over that, which is pretty rare for me to do. :-P

Alastor_Haven
Aug 15, 2008, 10:55 AM
why though. i looked it up the shigga baret is more powerful and has more pp only thing spread has over it is acc.

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/1595/shigga_baret/

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/2885/spread_needle_g/

First of all look it the grind rates

Just one single grind to the spread needle

Destroys that bowling ball gun

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 10:58 AM

Meta77,

it seems at base lvl Yes, the barret is better, however look at the grinding trend. I believe it's somthing like after 4+ it is the best shotgun in the game. Including the 12* that we don't even have yet. @ 6+ (and above) it desamates anything will ever get until the real spreed needle is realesed.

thematesV2
Aug 15, 2008, 11:07 AM
i guess I also don't get why people get so frustrated.

dude, your maxed out, your at the top, all the "little" people with their lvl 63 fighgunners are in awe of your awesomeness..... can your heads get any bigger (and i don't mean this to anyone in this forum, i'm speaking about the theoretical guy who comes in yelling about "noobs")

I really hate that tern, and it's use. I know most of it is in good humor/nostalgia, but it's the same way adults look down on kids because they are stupid and ignorant....

what, you adults never were stupid and ignorant? you were born an adult who breathes truth and responsibility? and whats with people booting with no warning? at least send a quick txt: "sry", or "goodbye", or "later"

if someone doesn't want stangers to join, Make It Private.

unicorn
Aug 15, 2008, 11:35 AM
You really shouldn't need more than one lvl 140 person to do a Speed C-run. Everything dies incredibly quick.

What are the other 3 lvl 140 people going to do? Just stand there?

One lvl 140 char w/ Majarra = done deal.

RufuSwho
Aug 15, 2008, 11:35 AM
themates makes a good point.

everyone was a "noob" at some point

surely, i'm guilty of looking down on other players at times. probably we all are

from listening to other posters i've been trying to adopt the mindset of:

"Hey some people will always be cranky, just accept it and move on."

Not as easy as it sounds at times. ;)

Pillar
Aug 15, 2008, 11:41 AM
Anyone who said that a level 11 person can't be in a speed run is just an idiot. Why would we kick the level 11 out, ESPECIALLY when we have an extra spot anyways? That is SO mean. It is a C run and there is NO reason not to help a lower level out.

Even if there were no extra spots there is still no reason to boot the lower level. How fast can three people do mag in? What 7 minutes? 6 minutes? Less? Kicking the low level out for a higher level 4th saves hardly any time. What a couple of seconds? A minute? Two? Fuck that. People like that are just assholes.

Anyone who said boot a low level person INSTANTLY upon entry to the team is just a SUPER BITCH, too. How can you say or do that? You won't even have the courtesy to tell them how to read the comment, or what you are kicking them out for? That's how you treat new users to the game? You're just going to piss them off and turn them into assholes just like yourself.

I feel TERRIBLY sorry for anyone who is a PT outside of M.A.G. Three of my top ten cards are PT's. NONE of them act like the PT's I have met in this event or the first M.A.G. Not even remotely close. The first thing I think sometimes when I see someone using EX traps now is- "oh, my god... another asshole." It shouldn't be like that. This is what people are doing to that class.

I shouldn't have to boot people from my team. I try REALLY hard not to boot people mid mission. Even if they are an asshole we're still working toward the same thing. If a Twin Ruby Bullet drops, they played half the mission. They should get a chance at it, too. Even if they are an asshole. I'm not trying to hurt anyone else's kill count either. I want to HELP people get kills and level up and class level up, NOT hinder it.

Omega_Weltall
Aug 15, 2008, 11:42 AM
oh jesus allah budda hell dont get me started on this shit. all you see on PS2/PC servers are:

C Rank
lv 85+ PT/FG preferred
No sides
No badges
oh and while we're at it, NO FUN

why oh why god did i renew? why?! :(

Its like playing Super Smash Bro's useing ONLY Final Destination, No items, and everyone uses Fox, oh and just suck the fun right out of it too

relentless
Aug 15, 2008, 11:43 AM
@thematesV2:

Some 10 year old skips classes to high school and higher.
He's got the requirements for them, obviously.
But he doesn't have the maturity to qualify in a class with people who're like 15-18.
Wouldn't you agree that people would find it strange to have an annoying brat in your class?
Get the point?
Yeah I know it's a stupid example, but I'm trying to say that even if you are able to join in something doesn't mean you should always do, especially when party members, y'know, create a fact. I didn't say create a rule, because Pillar obviously didn't mind the low lvl person, however, he created a fact with naming his own party "Speed run".
And I think even if you could say some people got no life, that's their own thing, and they have all the right to complain if they're that stubborn to get on a high rank.
Besides prizes, that's what a Leaderboard is about, anyways.

About your example.
I'm not an adult, so I don't know. But I think you just have to accept that this is a part of most people's personality.
Like little kids often ARE brats, adults often can be MEAN to those brats.
I myself can get annoyed if I encounter some little brat in like 5th grade who thinks all high of himself, swearing in each 3 sentences etc.
Besides, there's nothing to gain from looking at the past, but the future, and more importantly the present. lol

To sum up, if my post didn't make any sense (I get carried away when writing longer posts); all I can say is:
Let him be. Or you're just gonna waste time.

Pillar
Aug 15, 2008, 11:46 AM
I'm on PC/PS2.

The only reason I was rocking the party without a password was because it was like 9:00 A.M EST and everyone on my cards list who was online was asleep in their rooms, or in HQ.

Kizeragi
Aug 15, 2008, 11:48 AM
Looks like you don't read earlier posts Pillar. I'll say it again, in bigger and bolded text this time.

Pillar
Aug 15, 2008, 11:51 AM
FUCK YOU.

Omega_Weltall
Aug 15, 2008, 11:53 AM
and so it begins....

relentless
Aug 15, 2008, 11:54 AM
What happened to "You have no friends."?

RufuSwho
Aug 15, 2008, 11:54 AM
woah, hey now

do you need a hug?

Alastor_Haven
Aug 15, 2008, 11:56 AM
FUCK YOU.

:_:!!?!!!!

I JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY THOUGHTS -CRIES

Pillar
Aug 15, 2008, 11:56 AM
Fuck you, too. Don't get left behind.

Micro
Aug 15, 2008, 11:57 AM
Someone sure is upset.

Pillar
Aug 15, 2008, 11:57 AM
Alastor why don't you just start a party and boot some more low levels until they quit?

Alastor_Haven
Aug 15, 2008, 11:59 AM
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU.

What xD?

I will :x

relentless
Aug 15, 2008, 12:00 PM
edit: Nevermind.

edit2:

You can't boot people several times in a row, so saying "until they quit" sounds weird.

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 12:02 PM
Looks like you don't read earlier posts Pillar. I'll say it again, in bigger and bolded text this time.

And its going to kill you if you join a party that says speed runs, which is what you can do with 1 lvl 140 in the party, and decide, "Hey, you know what, I'm desprate to be sweet, this guy isn't running this fast enough for me. Let me just quit out and join one of the other Millions of party's that say Speed C. And hey, maybe this time, (cause I know I'm gonna be a jerk if they're not running with high levels) I'll LOOK AT WHO IS IN THE PARTY!!!!!!."

You know you can view who and what level a character is that's in the party before you join it?

I guess you didn't....and or Can't

So read next time, and leave Pillar alone for being considerate to a new player.

relentless
Aug 15, 2008, 12:06 PM
Soooooo in the end we're left with 2 facts:

1. The fact that his party name was SPEED run, which means FAST runs, which means low levels won't make it FASTER, sometimes even SLOWER.

2. The fact that the dude must've been blind or something. (or maybe just didn't find another speed run party, because it was still early and like Pillar said himself not many people on? This is PC/PS2 btw. so it's likely to happen that there's only 1 or 2 parties at such times.)

I like the first one better.
Though, it's all your own opinion.
And swearing isn't an opinion. I think.

edit:
What? We were just contributing to the topic when he just started to tell us to **** off. lol

Kizeragi
Aug 15, 2008, 12:08 PM
And its going to kill you if you join a party that says speed runs, which is what you can do with 1 lvl 140 in the party, and decide, "Hey, you know what, I'm desprate to be sweet, this guy isn't running this fast enough for me. Let me just quit out and join one of the other Millions of party's that say Speed C. And hey, maybe this time, (cause I know I'm gonna be a jerk if they're not running with high levels) I'll LOOK AT WHO IS IN THE PARTY!!!!!!."

You know you can view who and what level a character is that's in the party before you join it?

I guess you didn't....

So read next time

Your attempt at "attacking" me fails.

Yes I know this. Of course I do. But if people want to boot lower levels that's up to them, I only play with friends nowadays. It's not my fault people are booted because they can't read a party name.

So if anyone here needs to read. It's you, now stop trying to attack me.

inb4lock.

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 12:08 PM
That fact is you can view and or choose weather or not you want to join a party. So don't join a party and complain. If a low level joins the party leader can ask him to leave if there's a problem. So the following guy that joins shouldn't be all up in arms about it.

I'm not try to attack you, just making a point. You, as a player have the ultimate choice, so it's only your fault if you want to be difficult in somone else's party.

relentless
Aug 15, 2008, 12:15 PM
I never really boot members.
Though if like in Pillar's case, a low level joins me, however my intention was for it to be a Speed run, which is well understandable, then I usually tell them that I don't have something personal against them first, then boot.
This way they don't get emo over that. If they do, well, they're emo then. 'Cause you know, most of the time, people boot with reasons. And if you, as a low level, get booted, there is no reason for you to care about that. It doesn't make a big difference if you were told to leave or not if you're gonna disappear anyways.
And we all know there's plenty of idiots / rude people who don't say anything before booting, so scratch that fact.

DAMASCUS
Aug 15, 2008, 12:17 PM
I'm a bit confused about this too because there are quite a few 'Speed C run' groups with a low level player taggin along. In terms of speed runs its never a hinderance of much consequence. 90% of the time they get bored anyway because they barely get a chance to hit anything and they leave on their own.

If its hardcore competitive it should be only with people you have played with before in a LOCKED group.

Otherwise random parties are still just that. Heck, I've run with a full party of 140's and we still got a lousy time and it was suppose to be a speed run. Thats when I say thank you and good bye.

Finae
Aug 15, 2008, 12:21 PM
To OP

Juno has always been a jackass ever since I met him back then at White beast. He's got a snappy attitude, thinks he's big shyat, and I think he's insecure about himself. I had a guy in the party one time with him actually start some shyat with him and he kept whining saying "I AM NOT A NOOB," "DO NOT THINK OF ME AS A NOOB!" We were like, no one said you were a noob, we just don't agree with you. So in other words, you could make the guy cry and leave if you tried hard enough.

I eventually avoided getting in parties with him after awhile back then because he was straight up annoying. And if I was the leader, I would boot him. Prolly the only person ever in this crap game that I boot.

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 12:28 PM
I never really boot members.
Though if like in Pillar's case, a low level joins me, however my intention was for it to be a Speed run, which is well understandable, then I usually tell them that I don't have something personal against them first, then boot.
This way they don't get emo over that. If they do, well, they're emo then. 'Cause you know, most of the time, people boot with reasons. And if you, as a low level, get booted, there is no reason for you to care about that. It doesn't make a big difference if you were told to leave or not if you're gonna disappear anyways.
And we all know there's plenty of idiots / rude people who don't say anything before booting, so scratch that fact.

Yes , those people are included as being nasty and cheap.

Back in the day, it was the favored bastard thing for scammers to do, boot the party when Rare Savualtus's and Rappys spawned.

I'm a bit confused about this too because there are quite a few 'Speed C run' groups with a low level player taggin along. In terms of speed runs its never a hinderance of much consequence. 90% of the time they get bored anyway because they barely get a chance to hit anything and they leave on their own.

If its hardcore competitive it should be only with people you have played with before in a LOCKED group.

Otherwise random parties are still just that. Heck, I've run with a full party of 140's and we still got a lousy time and it was suppose to be a speed run. Thats when I say thank you and good bye.

exactly

afterthoughtz
Aug 15, 2008, 12:33 PM
Whats completely retarded is i can run SPEED C runs by myself with a 121/20 fortefighter, so if a low level comes in i tell him he is welcome to stay but that it is a speed run so if he dosent get his hits i'm sorry and go someplace else, it dosent hurt to have a low level in your run, especially if they are new to the game, but half of the people in psu that are high levels,(100+) are jerks anyways so this wont be accepted, but who gives a damn

darkante
Aug 15, 2008, 12:35 PM
And we have all played with the egotistical PT who doesn't even allow people to chat in their party, whether your the leader or not. I can NOT stand it when someone joins my party and tells me or someone else to stop chatting. GET THE FUCK OUT IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!! START YOUR OWN GOD DAMNED PARTY!!

You´re not allowed to talk? Guess there are freaks out there. :S

thematesV2
Aug 15, 2008, 12:42 PM
yea, i guess they didn't learn the bit about turning off headphone in micset.. or turning down volume in options, or ..... many of the other ways you can have game music and sfx without mic chatter........

noobs and their "no talking allowed"....

Pillar
Aug 15, 2008, 12:56 PM
Whats completely retarded is i can run SPEED C runs by myself with a 121/20 fortefighter, so if a low level comes in i tell him he is welcome to stay but that it is a speed run so if he dosent get his hits i'm sorry and go someplace else, it dosent hurt to have a low level in your run, especially if they are new to the game, but half of the people in psu that are high levels,(100+) are jerks anyways so this wont be accepted, but who gives a damn

Thank You.

edit:
What? We were just contributing to the topic when he just started to tell us to **** off. lol

I wasn't directing that towards you. Sorry for not being more specific about that.

What xD?

I will :x

Only if I was 10 minutes younger.

To OP

Juno has always been a jackass ever since I met him back then at White beast. He's got a snappy attitude, thinks he's big shyat, and I think he's insecure about himself. I had a guy in the party one time with him actually start some shyat with him and he kept whining saying "I AM NOT A NOOB," "DO NOT THINK OF ME AS A NOOB!" We were like, no one said you were a noob, we just don't agree with you. So in other words, you could make the guy cry and leave if you tried hard enough.

I eventually avoided getting in parties with him after awhile back then because he was straight up annoying. And if I was the leader, I would boot him. Prolly the only person ever in this crap game that I boot.

I'm sorry I mentioned this guy's name. He wasn't the biggest asshole on psu or anything close. He was just the last straw before I posted.

Pillar
Aug 15, 2008, 01:05 PM
Whoever moved this topic, fuck you, too.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 15, 2008, 01:12 PM
Only if I was 10 minutes younger.

Did that even remotely make sense?

relentless
Aug 15, 2008, 01:15 PM
"What the hell is a dinner fuck?" I think I now got the answer to that question in this thread. Seems like Bravo 2 finally made sense for his death.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 15, 2008, 01:15 PM
Next thing you know it's

Lmafowheelchair

Or Lmafo( INSERT WORD HERE )

Kizeragi
Aug 15, 2008, 01:17 PM
Next thing you know it's

Lmafowheelchair

Or Lmafo( INSERT WORD HERE )

Or how about Lmaoinb4lock? xD

Alastor_Haven