PDA

View Full Version : New Weapon type ideas:For master class

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 01:48 PM
Here are my ideas on what would make an awesome addition to the master's arsenal.

One per master class

1.) DUAL MECH's --- Master Gunner

2.) Katana --- Master Fighter

3.) Caster Gloves --- Master Force

Dual Mech's --- You guessed it, just like the Mech guns in PSO. I found these to be my favorite weapon in the original, and think there reappearance in PSU would make this game even better.

Mech’s fire 3 round bursts in a stationary position. However they can't be aim through a scope. Suitable for creatures that have heavy defense, the Dual Mech's can lay waste to enemies shields, ignoring target's defense's and racking up huge damage when large creatures hold strong.

Katana --- The essence of weapon mastery. The icon of a true warrior the Katana speed is just as deadly as razor sharp edge. The Katana's blade is so sharp it will cut through infinite targets. Combined with the offensive movement, the Katana destroys enemies without lapse, capable of crumbling the strongest of foes.

Caster Gloves --- With just a snap of the fingers a techer can immobilize creatures without a second thought. The Caster Gloves allow the techer to cast simultaneously with the right and left hand. Although only 1 technique can be use, the techer can focuses his powers and concentrate on maximizing the potency of spells. The only drawback is the limited energy and casting time, however when an intimidating boss stands in your way, Caster Gloves will demonstrate the amazing damage a Master Techer can achieve when provoked.

Okay, so these are just some of my ideas. I think with any addition, it's important to keep it simple and sweet...not giving too many advantages over another.

I'm really partial to the Dual Mech's and Katana.

I think Mech’s as their classic existence would be perfect, and no need to adjust things here. Of course other than adding additional PA Bullets.

The Katana would be AWESOME. Something similar to the sword, but it would have different attack methods and additional PA's. Although, it would need a specific feature to really stand apart from the existing sword.

I haven't quite figuered out what the best way to balance the "gloves" and or the Master Force's exclusive weapon. I think another possibility would be that they cast even faster than Mag's and Wands, however they can only have 2 skills, and or only 1. I think it could make sense though being able to dual cast, just like the Fireball attack the Vanda's do.

Anyways here are my thoughts, what do you think?

ATTN to all replies:
Please be kind to one another, this post will not be bastardized into another flaming contest. Everyone has a voice and they’re no bad ideas/suggestions here. These are only my thoughts and options. So everyone please be cordial to one another and don't be afraid to share your own thoughts, ideas, and options.

P.S. I'll do my best to dipict your ideas.

IN RESPONSE TO POSTS BELOW

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk254/andyv1423/PARTAZAN.jpgPartazan

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk254/andyv1423/CHair.jpgPhoton Chair & Whip lol

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk254/andyv1423/nunchuck.jpg Nunchuck's

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk254/andyv1423/bombarang.jpg Boomarang

Alastor_Haven
Aug 15, 2008, 01:55 PM
A Katana should be listed as a saber or a sword

I don't think they should have there own category xD

Poncho_Jr
Aug 15, 2008, 01:56 PM
Caster Gloves look pretty.

Triple_S
Aug 15, 2008, 01:56 PM
I like them. The Mechguns would make me work for Gunmaster when I wouldn't otherwise.

hewitt
Aug 15, 2008, 02:00 PM
I like the gloves idea, but instead of them having slow casting time they should be fast though weaker than rods. More like the madoogs are to wands(weaker but faster) And give them 4 techs at a time. (like rods) I'd love to literally throw the sun at enemies :D

relentless
Aug 15, 2008, 02:01 PM
I don't thnk Dual Machine Guns would be that good of an idea, especially being stational.
Laser = lined-up mobs
Rifle = knock-down
Twin Handgun = mobility
Shotgun = raw damage without mobility
Dual MG = same as shotgun?

If so, good GMs only would have to compare atp to both weapon types and choose the one with higher DPS. Meaning one will be kept unused pretty much. So I think.

Katana would need to be more unique to not be pushed into the same category as Sword or Saber, and I don't see how that's possible to do.
The weapons themselve should have different stats from Sabers or Swords or they'd be basically the same with another name.

Caster Gloves uhh, a mixture of card and fist from PSO? Hmm. The faster casting and only 1 tech on each one with heavy TP% (assuming so) sounds cool. And man, a Talis glove or something would be epic. I'm all for additional things for Masterforce / forteTecher. x3
However, the dual casting thing sounds dumb to me.

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 02:03 PM

The original idea behind this was when in PSO if you had "saber" that was actually a katana, it would have a different attacking method. To me this was the coolest thing ever, and if PSU did the same by adding a separate class for Katana's, it would open up a lot of possibilities where other wise the current swords/sabers are limited to their available PA's.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 15, 2008, 02:06 PM
Ah I see

relentless
Aug 15, 2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah, but most if not all weapon types technically are different and each weapon type is not comparable to one another. That's what I think.
But what's the difference between a Katana and Saber, technically?
I think making an extra weapon category for Saber is very strange, and kind of wasting space for new future weapons, imo.
And there's already some of the major-wanted Katanas out as Sabers / Twin Sabers verison, at least in JP, so meh.

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 02:10 PM
I don't thnk Dual Machine Guns would be that good of an idea, especially being stational.
Laser = lined-up mobs
Rifle = knock-down
Twin Handgun = mobility
Shotgun = raw damage without mobility
Dual MG = same as shotgun?

If so, good GMs only would have to compare atp to both weapon types and choose the one with higher DPS. Meaning one will be kept unused pretty much. So I think.

Katana would need to be more unique to not be pushed into the same category as Sword or Saber, and I don't see how that's possible to do.
The weapons themselve should have different stats from Sabers or Swords or they'd be basically the same with another name.

Caster Gloves uhh, a mixture of card and fist from PSO? Hmm. The faster casting and only 1 tech on each one with heavy TP% (assuming so) sounds cool. And man, a Talis glove or something would be epic. I'm all for additional things for Masterforce / forteTecher. x3
However, the dual casting thing sounds dumb to me.

I see what you mean, that was one of my concerns in making each weapon stand apart.

For the mechs, i was thinking it would be more similar to a shotgun, but it would have the flexablity to concetrate it's power at a longer distance, since the bullets would travel strait and not a spread pattern.

I was thinking, after the fact, that maybe having the Ignore Target DEF abilty on the Katana would be fitting, since Katana's are notably sharp. That might make this weapon stand out more.

The gloves, you know I wasn't really sure about them, but the Caster/Techer definatly needs another unique casting type.

Yeah, but most if not all weapon types technically are different and each weapon type is not comparable to one another. That's what I think.
But what's the difference between a Katana and Saber, technically?
I think making an extra weapon category for Saber is very strange, and kind of wasting space for new future weapons, imo.
And there's already some of the major-wanted Katanas out as Sabers / Twin Sabers verison, at least in JP, so meh.

Consider this, the Masterclasses can't use sabers. So, maybe this would be the elite saber for the MAstr fighter only. I think this could work, maybe. At least it would give the weapon more meaning, perhaps.

Kylie
Aug 15, 2008, 02:17 PM

I agree with this. I'd rather see scythes as a new weapon for fighters.

Then again, katanas are kind of like in between swords and sabers.

And master only? I'd hope not for personal reasons. :-(

Rust
Aug 15, 2008, 02:23 PM

Scythe which would work like PSO's partisans would be cool. I used to like those weapons.
And no, I don't consider PSU spears as being partisans, they aren't played the same way at all.

But then again FM using a sword would be like using a partisan with a different skin and better damage output. ;|

DavidNel
Aug 15, 2008, 02:23 PM
what about nun-chucks (sp?) for masterfighter? Single handed weapon with the attack speed and hit # of daggers. I think it would be a good addition.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 15, 2008, 02:24 PM

Then again, katanas are kind of like in between swords and sabers.

And master only? I'd hope not for personal reasons. :-(

I'll agree with the scythe thing

( FUCKING KIREEK WITH A DEDDA WTF IS THAT SHIT )

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 02:26 PM
what about nun-chucks (sp?) for masterfighter? Single handed weapon with the attack speed and hit # of daggers. I think it would be a good addition.

diffinatly would be unique, there would be ninja's everywhere.

relentless
Aug 15, 2008, 02:27 PM
lol Kireek.
I agree.

I'd really love to see Partisans again, too. I loved those.
Should be a mix between sword and spear with speed and should have slicing animated PAs. =O

Andy1423
Aug 15, 2008, 02:27 PM
Scythe which would work like PSO's partisans would be cool. I used to like those weapons.
And no, I don't consider PSU spears as being partisans, they aren't played the same way at all.

But then again FM using a sword would be like using a partisan with a different skin and better damage output. ;|

Partizan could use some lovin' for sure.

thematesV2
Aug 15, 2008, 02:29 PM
perhaps by keeping katanas one handed, like sabers, but instead of a combo, you would do one of two attacks, while moving, you could do a typical samurai sidestep/slash move once for high damage, and if your standing still, a kind of block/jab/slash ability would be available, like the just counterattack thing they implemented.

as for tech gloves, that would be sweet, especially if the casting time could be fast with lower attack. or attach 1 tech to each hand.. then they could put in place some weird status effects that would spice things up a bit...
(burning ice.. freezes a ball of fire around the baddie :) you would think that these would cancel each other out, but nope. not when a Master Force wields it!
(ground and ice, creates a slippery floor which also does damage.)

and I loved the mechguns. the best mechguns in pso were the psychoguns: equip resta, and psychoguns, special attack took 10% of your hp in place of a super strong attack, and you hit three times for each button press, so in a good attack 300*3*3=2700 hp per combo for a level 130.

anyhow, yes, I think they should put in more specialty things like this.

Rust
Aug 15, 2008, 02:29 PM
What about Photon Chairs ?
Left-handed weapon, gives a slight DFP boost and big ATP boost when used along with whips.
Pretty useful to tame wild koltovas and such...

Yeah, I know...

-->[]

thematesV2
Aug 15, 2008, 02:32 PM
haha, looking back at the slippery floor thing, that sounds really stupid. hahaha

thematesV2
Aug 15, 2008, 02:32 PM
Photon chairs would be sweet!

Tessu
Aug 15, 2008, 02:39 PM
haha, looking back at the slippery floor thing, that sounds really stupid. hahaha

I think it's rather creative, though I don't know how it would fit into PSU.

Anyway, though I'm not so keen on the other two, I really like the caster gloves idea. As awesome as my Newman looks wielding a staff, caster gloves would be pretty badass ;o

thematesV2
Aug 15, 2008, 02:46 PM
yea, the gloves would be new and fresh.

then they could have some nice animations, all sorts of dance esque arm and body movements for techers. i'm thinking more along the lines of chrono's luminaire and martial arts movement then pop dancing... which seems the only kind of dance MMORPG's include..... which is kind of stupid.

not that i sit around dancing, well, mabey sometimes in my own room, when no-one else is around.

protransers don't really have any other level classes, do they? i have yet to really level my protranser up, so I don't know how that character type plays out, but they should get some type of 2 tier class.

Transermaster perhaps you lose all access to the lighter, smaller, faster weapons, and go all heavy hard hitting ones. and you would gain the SAT Link weapon, which would be a kind of combination between laser cannon and suv weap. it would only attack one point, and be somewhat slow, but the attack would hit super hard, and would have a large damage radius.

plus the actual laser or beam wouldn't come from you or your gun, it would come from the sky, blasting down into the baddys from above. that would be cool. each weap could call from a different sat, therefor each blast would look different.

Para
Aug 15, 2008, 03:45 PM
Boomerangs.

Then Twin Mechs would be nice.

lol caster gloves... sounds like turning forces into Dragonballz energy projectors ;(

Kizeragi
Aug 15, 2008, 03:50 PM
lol caster gloves... sounds like turning forces into Dragonballz energy projectors ;(

I had the EXACT same thoughts.

relentless
Aug 15, 2008, 03:53 PM
Actually I always liked the idea of having some kind of glove which replaces the weapon itself and lets you cast TECHs with your bear hand. I always wanted to summon a Genkidama in PSU

ChaosAngel92
Aug 15, 2008, 03:55 PM
Wow.....first good new weapon suggestion I see in.....in fact its the first one.
I do have to accept I would love to see something else instead of twin mechguns. The reason for this is that...I would not like to see how another one handed gun turns into a twin mode.

Let me be more claearly.
As far the things are going on PSU, the range system works like 1 handed gun and its 2 handed mode witch gives more power, and more speed even.

We have xbow's...that is evetually the 1 handed version of Shotgun...
Twin Handguns....well that abious one....

We need eventually a 2 handed version of the mechgun....and I would like to see railguns/gatling guns instead of a twin version of mechgun..functionality will be the same as you propose..

Caster Gloves! of course....Im not the unique thinking its a good idea. Its awefull to carry a Wand or a floting ghost at your side to cast techs......I would like to see a 1 handed version of caster gloves. Pistol+caster glove= True Guntecher.

Katana...well melee is not my best...and I dont dare to give my opinion here due to the terorr of getting flamed......but there is one problem I would like to express. Dont you think that if katana gets released everyone would stop using the sword making it the most abandoned weapon after laser?

*cough* Gatling gun Icon pl0x!* cough*

thematesV2
Aug 15, 2008, 04:16 PM
well, they could just not make an animation in which you put your hands in the customary (more horribly over used anime blast pose) dragonball Z position.....

once you avoid that, then the rest would be cool..... how sweet would it be to see a small techer come ducking past two rangers, sweep from crouching to stretching up his hand up into the air, as he does this, the 6 boomas go flying upward as the ice columns form around them, then he shoots at them along with the rangers as they rain down....

relentless
Aug 15, 2008, 04:19 PM
I want to have those motions the mikos do in the animes with their hands to cast TECHs and umm, I know it sounds stupid, but summon something. And eventually saying out a casting phrase for each summon or TECH. Typical RP-action, but still cool.

Hiro_Kurisake
Aug 15, 2008, 04:23 PM
See, I would absolutely love to see a semi-automatic Rifle type gun.

Like, maybe a rifle that has a bit lower accuracy, and a bit lower attack, but shoots in bursts of three or five? Same range and such, just different effects with the bullets and all. Maybe?

Also, I'd love to see a Tome class for techers.

Instead of gloves and such, you cast the exact same way you do when using a mag, but your right hand which normally holds a Wand or saber or w/e, is now holding a spell book. It has a bit less power than a rod, but the speed of a mag.

Ken_Silver
Aug 15, 2008, 04:26 PM
Topic is awesome.

I can't think of any of any other weapons to add.

But I don't know how a boomerang would work. Would you throw it and then be vulnerable until it comes back? IMAO.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 15, 2008, 04:33 PM
Assault Rifle <3

relentless
Aug 15, 2008, 04:33 PM
I imagine a Boomerang something like a Shura-Hiken which homes in, meaning 2x the damage. Of course you're not able to throw 3 boomerangs like you can throw 3 PA cutters from the Slicer (which don't home in though).
You would technically only hit 2 times, but to change that, maybe you can use the Boomerang like a fan first.
Strike it against the enemy from far with a wind strike like a Svaltus Sword's Tornado Break, just without that circular animation, but a windy straightforward animation.
That would make 3 hits at least.

Triple_S
Aug 15, 2008, 04:39 PM
I just had a thought.

Any of you who have played Chrono Trigger probably remember Magus' arm motions he did as he was casting a spell. IIRC they were different for each one. I'm thinking the casting gloves would do something similar, but to offset the low speed they offer a major damage boost, making Resta's range huge along with Giresta's (not to mention increasing Giresta's HP gain and the speed at which it does so). Same would go for support techs(therefore AT would get these) and your level 50 buffs will be CRAZY. The animation could be different depending on the tech element you're casting, too, which would look badass when element chaining. In order to offset the obvious ownage, it would have little PP, a slow animation like I stated earlier, and the more techs you put on it, the weaker they all are. Basically start with one uber spell, then power reduction when you attach another, and etc.

Syl
Aug 15, 2008, 04:53 PM
I want to have those motions the mikos do in the animes with their hands to cast TECHs and umm, I know it sounds stupid, but summon something. And eventually saying out a casting phrase for each summon or TECH. Typical RP-action, but still cool.

"Digaaa! Digaaa! Digaaa! Restaaaaa! Digaaa! Digaaa! Digaaa! Digaaa! Digaaa!"

That would be cool but would get annoying rather quickly lol :wacko:

relentless
Aug 15, 2008, 04:57 PM
lol Actually I meant real phrases. Like in ToS from Genis, the stuff he first says before casting sounds epic.
Sadly, this is impossible as the casting animation are close to 0 with Har and being MF.

AmyPsycho
Aug 15, 2008, 07:10 PM
ZOMG CASTER GLOVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!

Apone
Aug 15, 2008, 07:34 PM
I like the nunchucks... and dual nunchucks too!

Guitarsmasher
Aug 15, 2008, 07:44 PM
How about tonfas? I'd love to bash a golmoro in SW with those for not giving me a psycho wand.
http://www.safet4you.com/images/1705RB-tbo.jpg

unicorn
Aug 15, 2008, 08:02 PM
I always loved the idea of Castergloves.

Dual Mechs? I don't see how that would be possible at all in PSU.

Nunchucks? I'd prefer flails. They're kinda the same thing, but at the same time not.

Scythes? I ALWAYS THOUGHT PSU SHOULD HAVE THESE. Spears aren't the same thing. Spears poke, Scythes slash.

Boomerangs? I would say yes, but they kinda mess with the mechanics of slicers.

ChaosAngel92
Aug 16, 2008, 01:43 PM
Boomerangs? I would say yes, but they kinda mess with the mechanics of slicers.

Isn't the Slicer considered a boomerang already?

Assault rifle or Gatling guns please :(

Someone need to email this topic to SoJ >.>

nooblet
Aug 16, 2008, 02:08 PM
gunmaster needs a rocket launcher.

Andy1423
Aug 18, 2008, 11:04 AM
I think the Tomb would be cool. Although I think their was the Book of Hitigato in PSO, which was basically a wand that looked like a tomb. Still very cool.

Yeah, the boomerang is kind of like a slicer.

Thing is, I'm really trying to suggest is a different weapon type. That One of each Master Class will have access to that weapon alone. Not just adding similar weapons necessarily, weapons that attack in different uses for the master class.

I personally hate the current PSU MechGun. The reason why I suggest the Twin Mech is that in PSO Mechs were awesome. They weren't annyoing they couldn't be glitched and they took some good timing to really rip out the bullets. I believe PSU should have done the same thing from the beginning, but whatever. Would be a nice change of pace and addition to MAster Gunner if you ask me. (speaking from a ranger only perspective).

I also am really disappointed that they took away Katana style animation and attacks. Yes, it might be hard to justify adding another sword type class to the mix, but I still think it would be amazing to add a medium weight type slashing class to master fighter since they only have swords. They should have done this in the first place.