PDA

View Full Version : Shortest Mission

Takkun88
Aug 16, 2008, 11:06 AM
What's the shortest mission so I can train my PM?

Xefi
Aug 16, 2008, 11:11 AM
true darkness, maybe? It has only 2 blocks.

edit: blocks not rooms. lol.

Neith
Aug 16, 2008, 11:15 AM
true darkness, maybe? It has only 2 rooms.

Two blocks you mean, and a boss fight. Plus, you can't S-Rank it solo, which will give the PM less points.

Options I'd consider would be:
- Unsafe Passage C
- Valley of Carnage C
- System Defense C

I can't think of any other short missions off hand. Duel in the Ruins is short, but again requires 2 people to get S-Rank.

Aisha379
Aug 16, 2008, 11:16 AM
Probably the Ragnus backwards mission from Foran Waterfall. Forgot the name.

True Darkness usually takes me about 10~15 minutes to solo. The Ragnus one takes about 7~10 or so.

relentless
Aug 16, 2008, 11:17 AM
Do Mad Creatures C. End of discussion. (3~5mins max)

Kizeragi
Aug 16, 2008, 11:18 AM
True Darkness S2:

Chance at Agito Repca board.
Good boss box drops. (Zagza, Tesbra, Tuma, Blackheart)
Only 2 Blocks.
But if you want S rank you need 3 people.

You could use Mad Creatures/Linear Line S2 for easy Frags and BST. That's what I do anyway.

relentless
Aug 16, 2008, 11:19 AM
Focusing only on one thing's better imo. ^^ Keeps some order. :D /deaththekidsyndrome

Neith
Aug 16, 2008, 11:21 AM
Ah yes, Mad Creatures is decent too, can't believe I forgot that :lol:

I wouldn't run party missions for your PM though, it'll make the process take longer.

relentless
Aug 16, 2008, 11:28 AM
I calculated it roughly.
If you want battle stat 200, and play around 12 hours a day, doing 5 minute runs, you will need less than 1 week. 5 days or so.

edit:
I only know 1 person so far who was determined enough to max all of his PM's. lol Perfectionist in small fried things. :lol:

Kizeragi
Aug 16, 2008, 11:29 AM
I calculated it roughly.
If you want battle stat 200, and play around 12 hours a day, doing 5 minute runs, you will need less than 1 week. 5 days or so.

12 hours a day doing C runs? :l No thanks to that lol. It's bad enough doing that in MAG. :)

relentless
Aug 16, 2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah I know. lol
Only know 1 person who probably went through that hassle.
I've tried it, but who wants to sit 12 hours at doing a retarded mission?
edit:
In MAG, you're at least not alone. XD

Xefi
Aug 16, 2008, 11:32 AM
I calculated it roughly.

that isn't too bad, but i'd rather take my time. 2 runs a day! lol. It'll
be like 3-4 months before i get 200. Yeah!

edit: And also, i am allergic to polties. *joking*

relentless
Aug 16, 2008, 11:36 AM
Also, I won't even think about trying to only-level my PM battle stats if I won't know if it actually DOES anything except looking pretty once at 200. And even then it's not even worth showing off with something which isn't useful in any known way.

autumn
Aug 16, 2008, 11:38 AM
Isn't improved battle stats supposed to improve the Ai or something along those lines?

Xefi
Aug 16, 2008, 11:43 AM
Isn't improved battle stats supposed to improve the Ai or something along those lines?

yeah, i was wondering of that too. Do they like
move around and attacking from behind more
often? lol.

I'm just guessing that future updates will
consist of a PM that'll require Battle Stat
of 200! But that's somewhere in the 2010.

relentless
Aug 16, 2008, 11:52 AM

A possibility for the battle stat's function, however there is no confirmation about it, sadly.
Hence why most people probably don't bother with it. And our current NPCs are sometimes even better than our PM's anyways.

Hrith
Aug 16, 2008, 11:53 AM
If he wants to train his PM, suggesting missions where S Rank cannot be achieved alone is not the best idea >_>

A mission without a boss is bound to be faster.

The fastest mission is Mine Defense (Moatoob, after Valley of Carnage).

Powder Keg
Aug 16, 2008, 11:59 AM
Stolen weapon is short.

relentless
Aug 16, 2008, 12:03 PM
If he wants to train his PM, suggesting missions where S Rank cannot be achieved alone is not the best idea >_>

A mission without a boss is bound to be faster.

The fastest mission is Mine Defense (Moatoob, after Valley of Carnage).

No one exactly suggested him to do missions where you need more than 1 person to S rank.
edit: Didn't see Aisha's post, my bad.
Though notice the question mark behind Ruby's "suggestion".

And well, that's of course.

I think it could be the 2nd fastest mission, but I still think Mad Creatures C is the fastest way.
I have tried it before.
I was hunting Twin Snowy Claws back then in Mine Defense C, it took me 3~4 minutes with skipping spawns. Which will lead to A rank.
I can get S on MC C without skipping out on mobs in same time.
And I'm pretty sure the maps for MC are smaller than MD's ones, so less running = faster.
Plus Kog Nadds need more than 1 hit to die, sometimes, and they can't be killed while spawning.

edit:
Umm, ok. Stolen Weapon I think can't be solo'd S rank. Guess THAT was a suggestion now, too. lol