PDA

View Full Version : Shigga Pakuda - How rare will it really be?

CHA0TIX
Aug 16, 2008, 01:52 PM
So, it looks like this 12* Shotgun board drops from a Bafal Bragga on 'Innocent Girl A'.

But i am wondering, how hard will it be to get hold of? Can anyone on the JP Servers give us some insight?

The reason I ask - If there are loads on the market, 10/10's are more likely to be available to buy... and Attack Power freaks like myself will want to replace their Spread Needle/G's with the Kubara version.

Thanks

relentless
Aug 16, 2008, 01:55 PM
I think for being a 12*, they'll be rather common. Just my thoughts on this, though.

edit:
I still doubt that even IF there'd be a lot of 12* Shotties, there won't be a lot of 10/10. (though on 360 with all those grinders it's very possible, but I'd say it'll be very hard for PC/PS2 side)

edit2:
For being mistaken. ^^

HELLBOT
Aug 16, 2008, 02:02 PM
seeing as how gunners good wepons are fucked over ever chance possible then i say it will be at least a 1/100,000 chance from aquiring one

Rusty.
Aug 16, 2008, 02:04 PM
Drops in

http://psupedia.info/Magashi_Eradication

and

http://psupedia.info/Innocent_Girl (but we may never see it due being linked to psp)

stats

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/1596/shigga_pakuda/

174 att 1570 pp at 10/10

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/2880/shigga_pakudec/

212 att 1890 pp at 10/10

relentless
Aug 16, 2008, 02:10 PM
Oh, and StD will get a higher item droprate, so those Bafal thingies will drop more SOMETHING than NOTHING, meaning if there's more SOMETHING, one of those SOMETHING items could be a Pakuda board. Yay.
And I think the amount of those guys are good enough, and for being a 12* as said before I really doubt they will be ultra rare.
But I guess we should hear an opinion of a JP player who have experienced it already?

CHA0TIX
Aug 16, 2008, 02:26 PM
Idealy, I would get a SN/G at 10, but Im not really seeing that as an option right now. Unless there are lots on the market after grind bonus / mag 2 rewards

Ceresa
Aug 16, 2008, 02:40 PM
I found 26 pakuda boards from Magashi Eradication in around 120 runs, only 2 bafal bragga per run, it's quite common there.

Got another from my first run of innocent girl (3 bafal there) and none in the 15ish or so since then, but I don't run it much as I don't really need more or care for the other drops in the mission...

Pakuda +10 is rather useless unless you like the effect, Pakudac +10 is only surpassed by needle+9~10 (and even then only by like 20 atp, and needle has some 200-300pp less). And the reality is you very likely will not get a needle/g +8/9/10 because you have A) people ruining them and grinding without the grind boost and B) collector's that don't part with them reducing the already limited amount in circulation.

As for availability of 10/10, with the 15% grind bonus from that event you have roughly a 1/5 chance of getting a S weapon to +10 if you use s+10 only.

Nirvash7
Aug 16, 2008, 02:41 PM
The pakuda/pakudec is just for people who didn't get a SN/G. It looks like it has the same shot as a Cubo Tuma.

CHA0TIX
Aug 16, 2008, 02:49 PM
The pakuda/pakudec is just for people who didn't get a SN/G. It looks like it has the same shot as a Cubo Tuma.

:argh:

relentless
Aug 16, 2008, 02:51 PM
Hm, Ceresa pretty much summed it up.

And I don't think SN/G 9~10 VS. Pakudec 9~10 really needs to be discussed.

RegulusHikari
Aug 16, 2008, 02:54 PM
The Pakuda and Tuma have similar bullet effects, yes. The Tuma is mostly red and white while the Pakuda has more KOLOUARS.

autumn
Aug 16, 2008, 03:04 PM
The paduka is an attractive weapon and I know BIGGIE is pleased having his 7/7 on his JP gunmaster. I prefer its appearance to the SN/G and I didn't have to spam MAG to get one and try for 10/10.

Turb0
Aug 16, 2008, 03:36 PM
I'll probably pick one up because I like the shot, but I'll still keep my spread needle for the rarity.

Kizeragi
Aug 16, 2008, 03:46 PM
I'll be using both. Pretty bullets are pretty.

relentless
Aug 16, 2008, 03:54 PM
SN/G all the way. It'll be an important one to me, too. :wacko:

unicorn
Aug 16, 2008, 04:34 PM
SN/G is for nerds.

Pakuda ftw.

GaNksTa
Aug 16, 2008, 05:49 PM
I believe there to be a .gif of the Pakuda in action... found it!

It was in the PSP Screenshots thread!

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147471&page=32

Phoenix_Black
Aug 16, 2008, 06:21 PM
I still think the Pakuda looks like a dragon penis...

GaNksTa
Aug 16, 2008, 06:42 PM

lolwat....

How is it that you've come to known what a dragon phallus looks like in the first place..?

Triple_S
Aug 16, 2008, 06:46 PM
I was going to ask the same thing.

I'm the kind of guy that will research to prove people wrong though, so uh I'm staying out of this.

Triple_S
Aug 16, 2008, 07:11 PM
Oh lawd

I wouldn't try it while I'm around. I've done a lot of dares for cash when it comes to that stuff, so I unfortunately have access to stuff I never knew existed a few years ago.

OrochiGab
Aug 16, 2008, 07:25 PM
i have both in Phantasy Star Portable

Spread Needle Suck

Shigga Pakuda is The BEST Shotgun! @(^_^)@

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7459/ShiggaPakuda.gif
By orochigab (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/orochigab) at 2008-08-10

Adriano
Aug 16, 2008, 07:37 PM
I just saw a guys shop with like 4 pakudecs with shitty grinds going for like 1-2M, and 2 pakudas 7/7 and 8/8 going for 6M, to 10M respectively, so Maybe theyre not too hard to get xD

Hrith
Aug 16, 2008, 07:43 PM
What? Last I checked SN/G at 5/x outdamages a Pakuda at 10/10.
And SN/G at 9/x outdamages Pakudec at 10/10.So, time to teach you a lesson.

Spread Needle/G has a horrendous ATP variance for a shotgun.

Spread Needle/G +10 does the same damage as a Shigga Barec +10, needless to say the latter is a lot easier to find, and therefore to get to +10.

Both Shigga Pakuda and Shigga Pakudec do more damage than Spread Needle/G +10 after +7 grinds, and do not come in limited amounts.

That does not answer the OP's question, but it prevents false information from spreading.

Kizeragi
Aug 16, 2008, 07:45 PM

Most pointless thing to say ever. How would you even know what that looks like? WHY would you want to know what that looks like? ._.

EDIT: @Hrith: That is very much true, but I think people would rather look at Spread Needle than a Barec. Barec looks horrible to me anyway.

Turb0
Aug 16, 2008, 11:04 PM
Here's (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=83433&highlight=shotgun) a little more fluid gif of the shot.

Kizeragi
Aug 17, 2008, 08:37 AM
Pakuda +10 is rather useless unless you like the effect, Pakudac +10 is only surpassed by needle+9~10 (and even then only by like 20 atp, and needle has some 200-300pp less). And the reality is you very likely will not get a needle/g +8/9/10 because you have A) people ruining them and grinding without the grind boost and B) collector's that don't part with them reducing the already limited amount in circulation.

So, time to teach you a lesson.

Spread Needle/G +10 does the same damage as a Shigga Barec +10, needless to say the latter is a lot easier to find, and therefore to get to +10.

Both Shigga Pakuda and Shigga Pakudec do more damage than Spread Needle/G +10 after +7 grinds, and do not come in limited amounts.

Hmm, Two very different opinions here.
Can we get confirmation about which one is actually right?

I was curious about that ATP variance and tried it last night, I noticed between a Van Brella +8 (144atp) and Spread Needle/G +2 (141atp) that the Brella was hiting noticably harder. Usually 3 atp doesn't really mean much but there was quite a big difference here.

Ceresa
Aug 17, 2008, 09:52 AM
I do not have a needle, so I was simply looking at raw atp...if it does have such a huge variance then of course it's not worth bothering with...

JC10001
Aug 17, 2008, 11:58 AM
So, time to teach you a lesson.

That does not answer the OP's question, but it prevents false information from spreading.

pics please?

Adriano
Aug 17, 2008, 12:00 PM
There's a thread on this on the official boards.
I'll post a link.
Here you are.
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=84844

its a little further into the topic, when bloodflowers and Bennedy do the number crunching.

Nirvash7
Aug 17, 2008, 03:21 PM
Uh, no. Stats don't lie. And he was comparing two different shotguns with the same ATP. And since every number you hit is random, that doesn't prove anything. For all we know it was just luck or coincidence that he was hitting at the highest possible rate with the destac opposed to the SN/G.

And really, power doesn't mean shit to a shotgun. Your base ATP is in large-part what determines how much damage you do with a shotgun, since the ATT on them is so low. Overall it comes down to Accuracy and PP, which the SN/G has a lot more accuracy, but at higher grinds the Destac and Barec (Hell, even a Shigga Bomac) have more PP.

But then it all comes down to people wanting to use the "prettier" and more rare weapons over effective weapons.

Adriano
Aug 17, 2008, 03:35 PM
Uh, no. Stats don't lie. And he was comparing two different shotguns with the same ATP. And since every number you hit is random, that doesn't prove anything. For all we know it was just luck or coincidence that he was hitting at the highest possible rate with the destac opposed to the SN/G.

And really, power doesn't mean shit to a shotgun. Your base ATP is in large-part what determines how much damage you do with a shotgun, since the ATT on them is so low. Overall it comes down to Accuracy and PP, which the SN/G has a lot more accuracy, but at higher grinds the Destac and Barec (Hell, even a Shigga Bomac) have more PP.

Stats don't lie, but if Spread needle has a varying ATT then the number you see is the HARDEST it can hit (and according to the study not quite so often), thus making the power of it less reliable, See the link I posted. And the consistancy of the other shotguns rounds makes it more reliable.

We all know att doesn't really matter on shotguns, but if you could hit for more, on a consistant basis why would you pull an idiotic move and go for the lower numbers?

The experiment posted above was not just one shot, so the evidence is conclusive.

mvffin
Aug 18, 2008, 12:52 AM
I'll be using both SNG and Pakuda, just for the shinies.

Hell, sometimes I may break out my Desta.

I still use a 10/10 Suzakidanoh from time to time. Shotguns are for looks, atp difference is lol for the most part. Even if it started to matter, I simply don't use some weapons just because I hate how they look.