PDA

View Full Version : Downroad Missions and PSO levels?

Callous
Aug 17, 2008, 09:29 AM
This game is supposed to have everything that is in Illuminus, right? So where are the PSO levels? Do we have to wait for them to be in some kind of download? And speaking of those, does anyone know what the schedule is for downloads? Has Sega said anything?

Kizeragi
Aug 17, 2008, 09:34 AM
Until the PSP Perfect Bible is released, no-one knows. ._.

Treyseph
Aug 17, 2008, 10:17 AM
haha, downroad missions?

http://blog.jinbo.net/files1/33/CINA/images/200502/080158289.jpg

as far as we can tell, the levels/missions available are the ones that come with the game and the 2 downloadable missions.

other than that, we'll just have to wait and see what sega has to throw at us.

Amherst_Wind
Aug 17, 2008, 12:08 PM
Download missions seem to be monthly, appearing towards the end of each month.

and also...

This game is supposed to have everything that is in Illuminus, right?

No? :| Who said it would have everything thats in Illuminus?

Callous
Aug 17, 2008, 10:30 PM
I've read statements several times on this board along the lines of "They put everything from PSU and Illuminus on a UMD, which is impressive, yaddah yaddah yaddah". I guess I should have known better than to trust an internet message board. If I'd known I don't get PSO levels I don't think I'd have put down even the 4000 yen for this game 2nd hand. Ugh. Ah well. I guess there's a chance.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 17, 2008, 10:46 PM
It's still a good game. You wouldn't of bought it if you knew it wouldn't get rehashed areas of a 7 year old game?

Fry_Heit
Aug 18, 2008, 12:38 AM
You mean you just bought the game for a couple of short levels which look like PSO levels? Oo!

That's the weirdest reason for buying a game I've ever seen!

landman
Aug 18, 2008, 01:52 AM
The game takes place before Episode 2, so no Ryukros and VR machines, no Mother Brain and no Rozenom (but Melbore) destroyed city.

It has every PSU and expansion weapon, but not stages and missions

Callous
Aug 18, 2008, 06:55 AM
It's still a good game. You wouldn't of bought it if you knew it wouldn't get rehashed areas of a 7 year old game?
No, I probably wouldn't have.

Fry_Heit
Aug 18, 2008, 07:01 AM
And you know those are only levels INSPIRED by PSO's ? You just have the same music, setting and somes of the ennemies, but we don't have the same paths, we don't have the bosses... It's just PSU taking place in PSO inspired areas.

Callous
Aug 19, 2008, 10:45 PM
Yes. I know.

Frog
Aug 20, 2008, 12:34 PM
That would be cool if they added these areas you speak of.

Are those PSO levels available offline on the the PS2 version of Illuminus?

Fry_Heit
Aug 20, 2008, 12:37 PM
Nope, they aren't.

Callous --> You're saying that you bought the game only for a setting and a music? You don't like the gameplay, the characters, the weapons and all, but you still bought it... Just for a setting and a music (which, by the way, are made à la PSU).
You sure are weird oO.

Callous
Aug 20, 2008, 12:54 PM
No, that's not what I'm saying. But if I did, and that was really weird to you, then you haven't experienced much.

I have absolutely no reason to explain myself to you, but you seem lost so I'll clue you in. I'm saying I was on the fence about it and if someone had told me PSO levels were never going to be in there, it could have been the deciding factor. Now, I already paid, so I'm just going to get the best out of it.

Fry_Heit
Aug 21, 2008, 02:34 AM
Well, okay. But I've experienced the game a lot so far he : I played more than 100h, and about 1500 on the "real" version. So, yeah, I know what PSU is all about :p.

Callous
Aug 21, 2008, 02:56 AM
I meant much of life, not much of PSU :P

Fry_Heit
Aug 21, 2008, 06:08 AM
But my life equals Phantasy Star, so that's pretty much the same :O.

Khabarakh
Aug 23, 2008, 12:58 PM
lol, PSO is still god. i'm still playing it. cuz its free XD... so new stuff will be available.... August 31th? (lol yeah, 31th)

ngagerebel
Sep 4, 2008, 08:45 PM
Who knows maybe the will offer it as a downloadable level! I still like it cause its a really good game even though I can't understand the majority of it.

Mike
Sep 4, 2008, 08:59 PM
We have boomas, so all we need are some new skins and we're off. The mines might be a little hard to do but with a little reskining, we could have a mostly completed PSO in PSU.

Chimeria
Sep 5, 2008, 06:00 PM
Does anyone know if Sega plans on releasing some new clothing items. I do remember someone mentioning a female jacket that resembled Laia's and also someone pointing out a character wearing a Tonio outfit in the PSP trailer. I keep hearing about something called an Illuminus Coat as well.

My character does need a new wardrobe though :/

ngagerebel
Sep 5, 2008, 09:11 PM
We have boomas, so all we need are some new skins and we're off. The mines might be a little hard to do but with a little reskining, we could have a mostly completed PSO in PSU.

it could always be included in the download as a patch of some sort, psp is not as hopeless as the ps2 lol... they have the caves, they have the forest, they have the ruins... who knows maybe the mines data is lying around somewhere.