PDA

View Full Version : So school started...i remember why im a loner..

The_Gio
Aug 18, 2008, 11:12 PM
What makes drugs so damn popular, everyone in my fucking school smokes or drinks, at first I put up with it like any human being, but it gets annoying after the 40 thousandth fucking time someone asks me for weed. No I dont smoke, no i dont drink! I like to have full breath capacity when I run, for sports and for when I need to run (like from a dog [even tho im lazy]) and I learned my lesson in middle school for drinking. The worse part is everyone condescends on you if you dont do anything. Im sorry if i like being fully aware of what im doing. I dunno about everyone else and i dont wanna sound uptight, cuz i mean i really could careless if you smoke or drink and your my friend as long as your not doing it just to impress but because you want to, what annoys me is being asked every fuckin minute if i do, and all ppl do to hang out is smoke, what if i wanna go out. The worst part is, I end up being the victim with being alone because i refuse to fall for stupid ass kid hobbies and im above stupid peer pressure. I feel like im the only one who gets turned off seeing ppl do stupid things just because they have the excuse to, like being drunk or high. Does anyone else have to suffer thru stupid crap like this? cuz i feel like im the only one who doesnt succumb to stupid and annoying habits

AlexCraig
Aug 18, 2008, 11:19 PM
Hey, you do what you feel you must. Don't let it get to you. They'll be the ones to suffer in the end from their own mistakes, and you'll be laughing at them when that happens.

EphekZ
Aug 18, 2008, 11:34 PM
Find the friends that don't like to party? There's plenty of nerds at every school.

The_Gio
Aug 18, 2008, 11:38 PM
Find the friends that don't like to party? There's plenty of nerds at every school.

I think you're exaggerating/over-reacting. That or you need to loosen up a bit. You can still party and hang out without succumbing to peer pressure and doing drugs.

thats the thing, i tried, and even those "nerds" smoke and drink, its like wtf man, plus if i wanted to just stay at home to play games, i wouldnt be bitching, its like i cant even get a girl cuz all girls are always wasted or on something, I dont even wanna bother with that kind of shit, i dont wanna be those ppl who end appearing on jerry springer cuz my babys momma is addicted to heroin or meth

I tried to go out with ppl knowing their heavy drug addicts, only to find out going out to everyone just means lets go to someones house,light up a dub and just let the day pass by. Like i said i dont care what ppl do,its their lives, but when it gets to the point where the people around me affect me(not being able to go out), thats when i get frustrated

theres nothing wrong with doing drugs TO party or when your at a party,hey it adds to the fun i say, but abusing the drugs on purpose to pass the day is just stupid. Only to what? try to prove that your cool? whats the point of that, wtf do i care if you get wasted on your spare time, i honestly could care less knowing you do stupid shit on your own time.

Toadthroat
Aug 18, 2008, 11:40 PM
I think you're exaggerating/over-reacting. That or you need to loosen up a bit. You can still party and hang out without succumbing to peer pressure and doing drugs.

leblancdiaz
Aug 18, 2008, 11:47 PM
It reminds me of my high school years when I was considered a loser to because I didn't do the peer pressure bullshit. On the one sense I became a shadow, people didn't even know I existed which always has there perks and dismays. I didn't start drinking till I was 18 and on my graduation year it was down to me and one other person that everyone thought for doing another Combine. Till this day I am friends with this person and have other factors into play. So in a sense no one started shit with you in fear but on the other hand no one did stuff with you in fear.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 18, 2008, 11:48 PM
Well, high five for not doing because it's "cool".

All I can really say is to try to find some people who don't, or stay a loner. Hey, you can always have friends on the intarwebz. :wacko:

Powder Keg
Aug 18, 2008, 11:51 PM
Basically, what toadthroat said. The people who talk about it (drinking, whatever) constantly as if they have no other hobby gets very annoying in highschool, since they're pretty much just trying to look cool, but whether or not they do it doesn't determine their worth as a human being.

Nothing was funnier when I went to school and heard 15 year olds say "Uhh I can't wait to get wasted this weekend" lmfao.

Weeaboolits
Aug 18, 2008, 11:58 PM
You don't want to hang out with those losers anyway.

EphekZ
Aug 19, 2008, 12:06 AM
Seriously man, there's no way that everyone in your class are all alcoholics and have full blown addictions to other drugs. Surely, there's people who go out and don't drink. I enjoy drinking and partying yes, but I don't do it everyday or have the fear that I'll "end up on Jerry Springer". Like Toadthroat said, you're horribly over-exaggerating and assuming how people actually are.

The_Gio
Aug 19, 2008, 12:12 AM
lol...well least the people who dont believe me and think im over exaggerating made me laugh, i did make it seem that way with the jerry springer comment tho...well, i wish i can prove it, i know i doubted that myself too, i really told myself "i doubt everyone in this school is really a junkie"but i got proven wrong horribly. btw i moved to this town two years ago from California, and because i did alot of stupid stuff my freshman and sophmore years over there, i got sent to this alternative school here. maybe its karma?

Nitro Vordex
Aug 19, 2008, 12:24 AM
and because i did alot of stupid stuff my freshman and sophmore years over there, i got sent to this alternative school here. maybe its karma?
Problem located.

Trust me, I know how it feels. I went to alt school for a year(because the school I was at previously doesn't know rules from their left asscheek)and all they talked about was fighting and drugs.

The_Gio
Aug 19, 2008, 12:29 AM
well then, i guess ima be alone the next year,and have to put up with it, oh well. thnx for the replys all, i appreciate it for letting me bitch publicly : D

Kylie
Aug 19, 2008, 11:01 AM
Man, I was a goody-two-shoes, and I never got too much crap about it. I remember some guy asking me to try some drugs, but all it took was a no to get him to leave me alone. I hung around my boyfriend at the time (ha), and he never did anything to my knowledge. In fact, he was very anti-drugs and alcohol. Now college (the first time)... that was another story. :lol: I never got into drugs then either, but alcohol was my best friend at some point. Not anymore.

Weeaboolits
Aug 19, 2008, 11:50 AM
My time in high school was odd, I was pretty well liked and a lot of people knew me, despite the fact that I kept to myself and didn't really know too many people.

Kizeragi
Aug 19, 2008, 12:58 PM
Man, I was a goody-two-shoes, and I never got too much crap about it. I remember some guy asking me to try some drugs, but all it took was a no to get him to leave me alone. I hung around my boyfriend at the time (ha), and he never did anything to my knowledge. In fact, he was very anti-drugs and alcohol. Now college (the first time)... that was another story. :lol: I never got into drugs then either, but alcohol was my best friend at some point. Not anymore.

So was I tbh. xD

I had loads of good friends though even if most of them smoked and/or drunk alcohol. I left school at the start of the holidays, and now into a college course on the 3rd Sept. Thankfully, most of my class are people I already know, so that's gonna help alot. :p

relentless
Aug 19, 2008, 02:12 PM
Weird, never noticed something extreme as drugs'n stuff. Maybe alcohol, but there aren't a lot of crazy people here who drink tons.
Must be my school though. Literally translated from German it's called "School of Peace".
And it's nice how there are a lot more mature people in 11th grade. :)
I miss some of the childish idiots though, especially because some of them were close friends and now I'm like totally starting over. ;l

Toadthroat
Aug 19, 2008, 03:23 PM
Oh, an alternative school. Well that would explain a lot. I went to an alternative school for about a year and a half, and yeah, the majority there was either a druggie, a drug dealer, or had some other issues.
Still, that doesn't mean I didn't meet a buncha good people there. Just because they do drugs or alcohol or party doesn't mean you can't hang with them and have fun.

AlexCraig
Aug 19, 2008, 03:33 PM
Eh, high school was a mixed bag for me. There were druggies, but not as many as some places. Glad I never got into that kind of stuff.

Triple_S
Aug 19, 2008, 03:33 PM
I still have a couple weeks of happiness before school resumes, but I know what you mean, albeit to a smaller degree. At least half of the kids in the school are potheads, probably more, but there's a good chunk that aren't. It was funny at first, but now... Really, it disgusts me.

Although I've always had the nagging feeling that half of the half are all talk and haven't done a thing. A bittersweet tactic indeed.