PDA

View Full Version : Another "If I re-balanced Job Types" Thread.

unicorn
Aug 19, 2008, 01:13 PM
It prolly has been done before, idk. But here it goes! :D

Note that I'm taking FM, GM, and MF into account as well (even if ENG ver. doesn't have it out yet).

Fighgunner:
PAs: 40/40/0/0
S-rank: Double Saber, Twin Saber, Twin Dagger, Twin Claw, Saber, Dagger, Slicer, Twin Handgun, Handgun, Machine Gun
A-Rank: Knuckles, Spear, Sword, Crossbow
Reason: Fighgunner needs a reason to compete with FM. Giving them a higher bullet cap makes them much more versatile over FM.

Wartecher:
PAs: 40/20/40/30
S-rank: Spear, Twin Dagger, Twin Claw, Knuckles, Dagger, Claw, Wand
A-rank: Sword, Twin Saber, Saber, Whip, Bow, Card, Handgun, RCSM, TCSM
Reason: Wartecher needs the biggest makeover ATM. I say they should get a higher tech-cap to offset their low TP. Wartecher would use attack techs "defensively" compared to the other Hybrid techer classes. The addition for S-rank in Spears and Single Claw are obvious...Most WT's use spears anyway and Single Claw's should just be a given. They also need a higher Photon Art cap too, just because!

Guntecher:
PAs: 20/40/30/40
S-rank: Bow, Twin Handgun, Crossbow, Machine Gun, Card, Handgun, RCSM, Wand
A-rank: Rifle, Laser Cannon, Shotgun, Dagger, Saber, Whip, TCSM
Reason: Another Class in diere need of a makeover. Guntecher deserves an increase to Support techs and Photon Arts. Thus, Guntecher and Wartecher would play like opposites of one-another. Guntecher would still have a higher TP mod, but Wartecher would take use of a attack-tech-range. A higher Photon Art cap would make Guntecher more versatile, and similar to the RAmarl we all know and love. Access to S-rank Cards are because...well...GT was in need of em! And A-rank Whips for bosses, and multi-target enemies (not to mention GT had A-rank whips in the BETA).

Fortefighter:
PAs: 40/20/0/0
S-rank: Axe, Sword, Spear, Twin Claw, Twin Saber, Knuckles, Saber, Claw, RCSM
A-rank: Twin Dagger, Dagger, Handgun
Reason: Fortefighter really does not need anything new. However, the addition of RCSM would be nice for Human and Newman Fortefighter's. Not to mention RCSM are practically only useful for melee classes anyway.

Fortegunner:
PAs: 20/40/0/0
S-rank: Grenade Launcher, Laser Cannon, Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun, Machine Gun, Slicer
A-rank: Twin Handgun, Crossbow, Saber, Dagger, Spear
Reason: Fortegunner is really looking like dirt next to GM. So to counter that, I think Fortegunner needs itself some S-rank Slicers and Machineguns! XD Slicers are melee ranged, but ranged nonetheless. Lots of FGs also run around with machineguns, so just give them those...Crossbows would be stepping on GT's toes a bit.

Fortetecher:
PAs: 10/30/50/40
S-rank: Bow, Card, Wand, Rod, Whip
A-rank: Spear, Twin Dagger, Dagger, Saber, Handgun, TCSM
Reason: Fortetecher needs to compete with Masterforce. Give it 50 attack techs. YOU HEARD ME. Acrotecher gets 50 support, and its not even a Master-type. I do think lvl 50 PA caps should somewhat be exclusive to Master-types, but Techs are a whole different ballgame. Fortetecher also needs a slightly higher ATP mod and S-rank whips for bosses. Now I know most of you think FT should not melee what-so-ever, but Whips are "techer" weapons, much like Bows and Cards (which FT also gets S-ranks for).

Acrotecher:
PAs: 20/30/40/50
S-rank: Getting lazy and I wont type em all out.
A-rank: same shiiii~
Reason: Acrotecher needs a higher attack-tech cap. Thats it.

Acrofighter:
PAs: 40/40/0/0
S-rank: Claw, Saber, Dagger, Slicer, RCSM, Handgun, Card
A-rank: Twin Dagger, Twin Saber, Knuckles, Twin Handgun
Reason: AF seemed pretty solid for me, especially since it has a higher attack speed. Give it some S-rank Cards. :P

Masteforce:
PAs: 0/0/50/30
S-rank: Same shiii~
Reason: MF runs circles around FT. However, if FT was going to be given all these nice additions, MF needs something too! Lvl 30 Support would be decent. MF still casts much faster than FT, and is the pure attack-teching class. MF should get a higher TP mod over FT as well. FT would still be a better choice for those who want a more versatile, but slow, attack-techer. MF = insanely fast DPS techer. FT = Attack techer with more versatility and defense, in exchange for speed.

~~~

What do you guys think? XD Someone has too much free tiem right? :3 Well I can't get on PSU sooooo yeah. x_x

In total, GT, WT, and FT probably have the highest PA caps. Thats only because they're also the weakest class-types.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 19, 2008, 01:29 PM
A lot of these are terrible ideas. Why does Wartecher get S rank claws? Claws have always been a Fortefighter weapon. Even back in V1, claws were their only single handed S rank.

Guntecher does not need whips. It may be a techer class, but it is NOT in ANY way a melee class. it's everything BUT melee. And no mater how you slice it, whips ARE melee weapons.

Fighgunner doesn't need S twin claws either. It has enough as is. :disapprove:

Don't give FT S whips.
S rank Whips should stay Acrotecher only. AT is the single handed force, therefore it should get S rank in all single teching weapons, and force-ish ones. (AKA: Whips, Cards, ect)
FT is also fine without 50 attack techs. It'll have 40 in both ends, AND it gets 30 bullets. I'd say it's fine.

I somewhat agree with the MF thing, except make it level 20 support. Could at least let their buffs compete with buff items.

(Anything I didn't mention I agreed with. Except for the PA caps. I'm not even gonna bother with those. :disapprove:)

Chibi_psu
Aug 19, 2008, 01:33 PM
Guntecher should get s rank cards and wartecher s rank whips. NOTHING for fighgunners they are overpowered

RegulusHikari
Aug 19, 2008, 01:39 PM
I'm with Chuck on this one. FI should not get S slicers and WT/FT should not get S whips. That's leeching off of the Acro's equipment. WT is fine at 30/30/30/30. Your ideas seem to lessen the variety of the techer classes, which makes MF practically useless.

All that needs to be changed is FI gets S crossbows, GT gets S cards. GG, everyone's happy.

fighgunners they are overpowered I lol'd.

thematesV2
Aug 19, 2008, 01:56 PM
what about protransers? are they perfect the way they are?

Inazuma
Aug 19, 2008, 02:13 PM
MF is by far the worst out of the 3 master types, so they need some improvements. (dont care about the non master types since they are just reqs for the masters and it doesnt make sense to balance them to be equal to the masters)

- double the damage done by all techs
- always critical hit from just counter
- let techs hit multiple targets on the same enemy

Hrith
Aug 19, 2008, 02:15 PM
Mostly very bad ideas, glad you're not in charge.

Guitarsmasher
Aug 19, 2008, 02:18 PM
MF is by far the worst out of the 3 master types, so they need some improvements. (dont care about the non master types since they are just reqs for the masters and it doesnt make sense to balance them to be equal to the masters)

This.

Kizeragi
Aug 19, 2008, 02:22 PM

I dont agree with double damage. But I do agree with the other two.

unicorn
Aug 19, 2008, 02:26 PM
I'll stfu nao. I see where this is going. >_>;

LLSmoothJ
Aug 19, 2008, 02:33 PM
Guntecher should get s rank cards and wartecher s rank whips. NOTHING for fighgunners they are overpowered

140 Human Male:

Fighgunner 20:
HP: 3258
ATP: 1563
ATA: 732
TP: 960
DFP: 307
EVP: 530
MST: 237
STA: 12

Acrofighter 20:
HP: 3516
ATP: 1490
ATA: 767
TP: 2009
DFP: 366
EVP: 1228
MST: 322

140 Human Female:

Fighgunner 20:
HP: 3156
ATP: 1494
ATA: 703
TP: 993
DFP: 318
EVP: 551
MST: 261
STA: 14

Acrofighter 20:
HP: 3406
ATP: 1424
ATA: 737
TP: 2079
DFP: 380
EVP: 1278
MST: 355
STA: 15

140 Newman Male:

Fighgunner 20:
HP: 3055
ATP: 1427
ATA: 789
TP: 1099
DFP: 281
EVP: 573
MST: 380

Acrofighter 20:
HP: 3140
ATP: 1296
ATA: 787
TP: 2191
DFP: 319
EVP: 1265
MST: 492

140 Newman Female:

Fighgunner 20:
HP: 2952
ATP: 1359
ATA: 760
TP: 1125
DFP: 295
EVP: 594
MST: 411

Acrofighter 20:
HP: 3035
ATP: 1234
ATA: 759
TP: 2243
DFP: 336
EVP: 1312
MST: 532

A class that is inferior to Acrofighter in just about everything except for ATP (+ ATA for Newmans) and maybe weapon selection is overpowered? Not really.

Ceresa
Aug 19, 2008, 02:36 PM
I'll bite

Nerf the shit out of Jabroga and make ATA actually fucking matter for it.
Take away the massive knockback on Jabroga

Double(at least...) mob hp so people use Jabroga as a high dmg attack like any other PA, not this instagib and move on to next room retardation, and so burn is actually useful again...

Oh and take away freeze traps from FM

Boost tech dmg so that the amount of MF ra techs cast during the full jabroga animation does similar damage to a FM using 30-40% axes.

Add ragrants or take away the knockback/hp penalty on regrants, either way stop fucking forces on dark enemies.

Make techs hit multiple targets of same mob, stop fucking forces on bosses

Stop making events with mobs having 1/2 the hp too thanks.

skill caps and weapon selection is fine as is though...

panzer_unit
Aug 19, 2008, 02:37 PM
lv40 bullets for Fighgunner ... making them a more damaging gunner for all firearms they have in common with Fortegunner? Hell no. I think you're right that they're too weak on the Gunner side of the job though.
What about setting them up with A-rank rifles so they have a real long-range attack instead of chasing everything all over with twin handguns like some kind of scrub?

rcsm for Fortefighter ... What? Why? How are you going to RCSM's do damage of any value at all for a typical (e.g. Beast or Cast) Fortefighter? If you want to be a strong fighting class that can use RCSM's to some effect and favors races with enough TP to make it worthwhile... go Acrofighter. That's the whole point of the job.
I'm trying hard not to say "go A-rank bows" as a suggestion. What about shotguns instead? Those would let them do serious damage to melee-resistant mobs without having to play any differently.

slicers for Fortegunner ... Fortegunner only has lv20 skills so their damage would be weak, and Fortegunners already have Laser Cannons which do the same kind of attack only much better.
In terms of competitive advantages, make some really useful frag PA's for grenade, handgun, mechgun, and crossbow?

lv50 techs for Fortetecher ... yeah and all the other Forte classes should also have lv50 skills >_> Maybe ST had a really bad idea for Acrotecher, doesn't mean everybody else should tag along.
Fortetecher should get lv20 melee PA because some firepower there would do a lot to fix the "omg its a large monster" problem with tech damage.

lol @ admitting you buffed the other techers so bad that you have to go back and buff MF too.
I think the 0/0/50/10 skill cap is perfect. They're not supposed to be supportive at all.

Shinko
Aug 19, 2008, 02:46 PM
Ok let me put in my 2 cent about this...
1st fightgunner.... it don't need anything else. its already good as it is (maybe too good) u get good s rank sword and gun weapons..... maybe not some of the greater ones but you can't give it everything

next wartecher.... now it has come to me that ppl are always complaining about wartecher... (ppl next to keep in mind these mixed class can't have everything) the way you have wartecher would be overpowered. lvl 40 melee and attack techs...... just no....

as for guntecher and fortetecher i agree with chuck norris....

as for FF well maybe RCSM would be nice but it's not mandatory and if they did add them it should be A rank ones now S

Acrotecher higher attack-tech cap!? oh no.... it good enough i dont think nothing should be changed about this class

and last MF.... lvl 30 support..... no. 20 maybe and that's a BIG maybe... but it good enough. if u want support go AT and if u want a mix go FT..... Are you trying to make the other force classes obsolete?

and that ends my 2 cent..... ok maybe it's a lil more than 2 cent lol

p.s i don't mean to be mean this is just what i think...

relentless
Aug 19, 2008, 02:47 PM
Agreed to Inazuma and Hrith.

Ezodagrom
Aug 19, 2008, 02:49 PM

Master classes are not a new tier, even though they have advanced classes as requirements...
It wouldn't make sense changing from 9 classes to 3 in a new tier...(even though SEGA doesn't make sense alot of times)...
Also if they were new tiers like comparing basic classes to advanced, AT wouldn't get lvl 50 support and master classes would have exclusive access to 13*+ weapons.
The advanced classes made the basic classes obsolete, the master classes won't/didn't make the advanced classes obsolete, because they're not a new tier...

About equipment and photon arts, I think most advanced classes are fine, just a few could use some new equipment...
Guntecher getting S rank cards, it's the class that could use them the best...
Wartecher getting S rank whips and lvl 40 skills. I know whips are an exclusive S weapon from AT, but the most important thing on AT is still the high lvl support, and also they have the attack speed boost. About lvl 40 skills, they could use at least one PA cap at 40 :<...and with their kinda low ATP, they wouldn't be overpowered...

Don't think other classes need anything new...
But there are some other things that should be changed.

How DFP and MST work, those should work alot better, even though techers have alot more MST than fighters, the damage difference they get by techs is so small that the HP the fighters have would have a better effect than the MST the techers have.

How ATA works on guns, instead of being ATP the damage of guns, it should be ATA (the damage of guns and the accuracy). It kinda makes sense, the damage of guns is not how hard you pull the trigger, but yes where you point the gun, hitting in a more vulnerable point would do more damage. Also this would make CASTS and Newman the best races for ranger classes, and Beasts the worst races, doing the less damage instead of the highest damage. But gunmaster and fortegunner ATA should be swapped, with gunmaster having 230% ATA (maybe even less, like 200 - 215%) and fortegunner with 250% instead, so fortegunner would do more damage, and gunmaster would be faster.

ATA for melee should actually matter, as it is now, beasts can hit as much as casts.

About techs, in my opinion Ratechs, Gitechs and Nostechs (Noszonde and Nosmegid) should hit multiple hitboxes on big enemies and bosses, this would make those techs alot better on big enemies.

Chibi_psu
Aug 19, 2008, 03:00 PM
140 Human Male:

Fighgunner 20:
HP: 3258
ATP: 1563
ATA: 732
TP: 960
DFP: 307
EVP: 530
MST: 237

Acrofighter 20:
HP: 3516
ATP: 1490
ATA: 767
TP: 2009
DFP: 366
EVP: 1228
MST: 322

140 Human Female:

Fighgunner 20:
HP: 3156
ATP: 1494
ATA: 703
TP: 993
DFP: 318
EVP: 551
MST: 261

Acrofighter 20:
HP: 3406
ATP: 1424
ATA: 737
TP: 2079
DFP: 380
EVP: 1278
MST: 355
STA: 15

140 Newman Male:

Fighgunner 20:
HP: 3055
ATP: 1427
ATA: 789
TP: 1099
DFP: 281
EVP: 573
MST: 380

Acrofighter 20:
HP: 3140
ATP: 1296
ATA: 787
TP: 2191
DFP: 319
EVP: 1265
MST: 492

140 Newman Female:

Fighgunner 20:
HP: 2952
ATP: 1359
ATA: 760
TP: 1125
DFP: 295
EVP: 594
MST: 411

Acrofighter 20:
HP: 3035
ATP: 1234
ATA: 759
TP: 2243
DFP: 336
EVP: 1312
MST: 532

A class that is inferior to Acrofighter in just about everything except for ATP (+ ATA for Newmans) and maybe weapon selection is overpowered? Not really.

I was talking about WEAPONS and s ranks not stats

Triple_S
Aug 19, 2008, 03:17 PM
Fighgunner does need something else, I'll agree. I'm just not sure what. Maybe S-Rank single-claw? I dunno.

I mean, Fighgunner has a lot and all but it just feels like something is missing from the mix. As much as I'd love having S-Rank crossbows, that's be broken so that can't be it.

panzer_unit
Aug 19, 2008, 03:26 PM
Rifles for FI, as a competitive advantage over AF. The one thing that always bugged me with that class was being a 'gunner' and still having to chase around after bosses exactly the same way I had to with FF.

Ezodagrom
Aug 19, 2008, 03:36 PM
Fighgunner just got machineguns and twin handguns S rank, ppl want even more...
Fighgunner is a fine class.

It's like someone on the official forums asking for S whips for Acrofighter, saying that fighgunner was alot better than acrofighter and such when acrofighter is a fine class >.>
In my opinion, both classes are equally good, Acrofighter has slightly better stats and speed bost, Fighgunner has better weapons.

Most of the classes are fine in terms of equipment, just the weakest ones could use 1 new S weapon...
There are overpowered classes though, fortefighter and fighmaster...but mostly because of 1 skill, Jabroga (which should be nerfed), maybe even a small nerf on ATP to both classes.

RegulusHikari
Aug 19, 2008, 03:41 PM
You people need to get a clue about what the word 'broken' means in a gaming context. Giving Fighgunners S rank crossbows (thus upping their attack power a WHOPPING 20-30 points) will not BREAK the game. This shit aint Jabroga/unnerfed Chikki in a can, it's new models, more KOLOUARZ, and maybe 15 extra damage per bullet. OH NOES.

Ezodagrom
Aug 19, 2008, 03:50 PM
You people need to get a clue about what the word 'broken' means in a gaming context. Giving Fighgunners S rank crossbows (thus upping their attack power a WHOPPING 20-30 points) will not BREAK the game. This shit aint Jabroga/unnerfed Chikki in a can, it's new models, more KOLOUARZ, and maybe 15 extra damage per bullet. OH NOES.

Fighgunner already has 8 S ranks, why it needs any more?
Fighgunner with S crossbows wouldn't be overpowered, but it would get the best guntecher weapons as S rank. If fighgunner had S rank twin handguns, machineguns and crossbows, who would play guntecher?

RegulusHikari
Aug 19, 2008, 04:16 PM
Fighgunner already has 8 S ranks, why it needs any more?
Fighgunner with S crossbows wouldn't be overpowered, but it would get the best guntecher weapons as S rank. If fighgunner had S rank twin handguns, machineguns and crossbows, who would play guntecher?

Because I'm a greedy son of a bitch. :wacko:
There's still a reason to play GT over FI, their play styles are very different. And they have the best utilization of the S rank crossbows and bows, and get wands to boot. That's why I say give em cards and everyone's happy.

Sekani
Aug 19, 2008, 05:27 PM
Buff attack techs, double (or triple) enemy HP, allow Just Counters to do increased damage for bullets and techs as well as skills. All problems solved.

Shinko
Aug 19, 2008, 06:15 PM
Because I'm a greedy son of a bitch. :wacko:

-_- so just because of that they should add s rank crossbows. There is a reason most mmo' don't listen to there fans. They ask for far to much. granted sega go to the extreme when it come to not listening (or maybe not seeing how they change up the class so much)

You ppl should really look at what ur asking for. (i mean if its something big like the weakening of chiki or fixing something else broken ok) but come on... you can't get everything the way you like it. They do this so you can want to change types when you sick or had enough of one and to give the game more of a mix of things. See most of ppl problem here is that they want one great class they can stick with. And yes i understand that. i have a main class too. BUT you can't expect to get everything you want out of one class. it will take away from the others.

And even if that's not the fact you can't get everything you want in a game. Yes some things need to be rebalanced but everyone look at the fact of making things stronger. If you ppl think FF class is too powerful then instead of make the other classes as powerful as FF don't you think it be wise to just weaken FF. (just an example.... not saying i think it should or not)

Just think.... lets say sega made the 3 master classes with all weapon and max PA.....
now there just only 3 types to pick from..... would yall be ok with that....or better yet they made one Ultimate class that gave you all weapons and all PA's lvl 50....... would you like that.......yea gets kinda lame with everyone play the same one class.... -_- but hey some ppl most likely don't see a problem with that.....

all i'm saying is don't try to get some much out of one class.... and stop being greedy. sigh idk i most likely wasted my time posting this.... -_- sigh.... (im kinda glad sega don't listen)

RegulusHikari
Aug 19, 2008, 06:38 PM
-_- so just because of that they should add s rank crossbows

Yes. I am a very important person, after all.

Just think.... lets say sega made the 3 master classes with all weapon and max PA.....
now there just only 3 types to pick from..... would yall be ok with that....or better yet they made one Ultimate class that gave you all weapons and all PA's lvl 50....... would you like that.......yea gets kinda lame with everyone play the same one class.... -_- but hey some ppl most likely don't see a problem with that.....B... but I just want crossbows. :disapprove:

Laquill
Aug 19, 2008, 06:45 PM
Protransers should be downgraded to All A ranks and Remove there EX traps.
On The other hand, give EX traps to Fighgunners.:-P

Ken_Silver
Aug 19, 2008, 07:31 PM
Call me crazy, but I didn't have any problems with Super Luu's suggestions. After all, little to no one laid out a decent counter-claim to luu's suggestion. And I mean the time and effort to give it a shot and lay it out in the same matter. And with the way the changes were laid out, they all make sense to me.

I agree with Luu, so I why would I duplicate the same list?

But if you guys want to shoot me down too for agreeing, I'll leave with this. If you've played as a Wartecher, you know that the whole "defense" class claim is a farce. If Sega rebalances anything, they need to up the Defense on that class.

I'd also personally give them exclusive rights to Dizas and Rentas. After all, they are defensive tech spells. Give them access to those two and up their defense and I'd be happy. I can't speak for other classes, since I mostly play WT.

sephiroth115
Aug 20, 2008, 08:57 AM
Master Gunner needs more then 4 weapons ie: MASTER, duh they would have already have had to be proficient in at least some of the other guns, same with fighmaster and striking. I think they are forgeting that they are supposed to be MASTERS at their respective fields and should be able to use all in that category, and what happened to Masterforce, why ccan't they use the "force" striking and range, cards, whips, and bows

Ezodagrom
Aug 20, 2008, 11:00 AM
Master Gunner needs more then 4 weapons ie: MASTER, duh they would have already have had to be proficient in at least some of the other guns, same with fighmaster and striking. I think they are forgeting that they are supposed to be MASTERS at their respective fields and should be able to use all in that category, and what happened to Masterforce, why ccan't they use the "force" striking and range, cards, whips, and bows

They won't get any more weapons because they're NOT supposed to replace the advanced classes. If Gunmaster would get any more weapons, it would completely replace Fortegunner.

sephiroth115
Aug 20, 2008, 11:10 AM
They won't get any more weapons because they're NOT supposed to replace the advanced classes. If Gunmaster would get any more weapons, it would completely replace Fortegunner.

True, but they've totally screwed the good weapon choices. If not all, then at least 1-2more good weapons

pikachief
Aug 20, 2008, 11:14 AM
the only thing i can think of to do without upsetting the balance of the game, is give WT lvl 30 support(which they will) and give them lvl 40 skills! come on! they have one of the lowest atp modifiers of all the fighter classes AND lvl 30 skills? I know they have buffs but come on give us a little bit more of a reason to play.

thats all though WT lvl 40 skils

Shinko
Aug 20, 2008, 11:59 AM
Call me crazy, but I didn't have any problems with Super Luu's suggestions. After all, little to no one laid out a decent counter-claim to luu's suggestion. And I mean the time and effort to give it a shot and lay it out in the same matter. And with the way the changes were laid out, they all make sense to me.

I agree with Luu, so I why would I duplicate the same list?

Well you have your right to agree so i don't knock you...

and the reason i didn't make a list myself to counter luu's suggestion as you say is because for the most part i agree with how sega have it now.

especially since when the class update come....
wartecher will have lvl 30 support techs
Fortetecher will have 40 support techs and arcotecher will have lvl 50 support techs when masterclass are out

i don't see anything wrong. I just think ppl are trying to be greedy and get SO MUCH out of one class

Protransers should be downgraded to All A ranks and Remove there EX traps.
On The other hand, give EX traps to Fighgunners.:-P

ok there nothing wrong with pt..... leave them be..... and give fightgunners EX traps!? .....that just asking for way to much. fightgunner is good enough. (hopefully you was just joking....yea that was it)

Gryffin
Aug 20, 2008, 12:06 PM
Mmm.

Gt's need S rank cards...

Yessss....

relentless
Aug 20, 2008, 12:07 PM
I need power.... MORE POWAAA!!!

'nuff said.

AweOfShe
Aug 20, 2008, 12:37 PM
Favoritism =/= Re-balancing.

Addendum:

Nerf the shit out of Jabroga and make ATA actually fucking matter for it.
Take away the massive knockback on Jabroga

EMPYREAN
Aug 20, 2008, 02:06 PM
S rank Slicer for fortegunner.................. why the hell do they need that? they r gunners, not fighters.
no, throw that shit away and replace it whit S xbow.

panzer_unit
Aug 20, 2008, 02:49 PM
If I rebalanced job types for the master classe release I'd:

1. merge FF and FI (just give 'em all the best of everything between those two classes... stats, weapon ranks, specials) - then you'd have a fighter both the power and versatility to balance out with Fighmaster in non-melee-friendly situations.

2. merge FG and PT (same deal) - you can look at it as a melee/versatility buff for Fortegunner, or a stats/versatility buff for Protranser. The jobs are already too similar aside from the balance between gun damage and melee damage, and the obvious EX trap support role for PT.

3. merge WT, FT, GT (same deal) - good tech class, with both melee and range to make up for the places where techs fall flat.

... really these would be like new hybrid classes with enough power that they're a reasonable second-best to master types, and strong enough versatility that they're actually capable of outperforming masters in off-suit roles.

Sir_Satyr
Aug 20, 2008, 03:05 PM
I am surprised no one mentioned giving Fortefighters double sabers. I would gladly give up the use of S rank sabers and twin sabers for the use of S rank double sabers as a Fortefighter.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 20, 2008, 03:07 PM
Favoritism

Does not mean

Rebalanced

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 20, 2008, 03:12 PM
In summary, all the classes have too many strengths and not enough weaknesses. Seriously, the game is stuck on EZ mode, do we really need to overpower every class even more?! I would love to beat every class with a nerf bat and actually make the game require healing items, moon atomizers and some player skill.

The problem is not the classes but how overpowered Just Attack is in relation to Technics and possibly Bullet PAs, in addition to how ATP works with ranged weapons (ATA should govern them). Fix those areas and the classes will balance themselves out.

The only other thing I would like to see adjusted is to actually have classes with only one type of technic. The Masterforce is a step in the right direction with 50 attack technics but 10 support technics. Why not create some hybrids that lack one area in a similar manner? It would be easier to balance and would create more diversity among the techer classes.

Cracka_J
Aug 20, 2008, 03:25 PM
lol, this thread is the best reason why shit should be left as-is.

Shou
Aug 20, 2008, 03:28 PM
I don't like your sig Cracka >:/

Cracka_J
Aug 20, 2008, 03:43 PM
I can always swap out for moar hitlerkitten...

But laquill is using that sig atm. I think psow would implode with more then 1 hitlerkitten at a time...;)