PDA

View Full Version : PSU 2nd anniversary report info (type popularity)

Inazuma
Aug 20, 2008, 12:53 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/2nd_anniversary/report/

there is info on other stuff but what interests me the most here is the popularity of the master types.
for those who cant read katakana:
FM 1.7%
GM 1.4%
MF 0.6%

as expected FM is the most popular and GM is fairly close behind in 2nd place. but MF is by far the least popular type. hopefully we can look forward to some rebalancing in the near future w/ MF getting the most buffs and/or some FM nerfs.

*edit* ok i did some calculations and created much easier to understand statistics for us.
FM 46%
GM 38%
MF 16%

Mata
Aug 20, 2008, 12:55 PM
wait what???

Ezodagrom
Aug 20, 2008, 01:02 PM
What I can see from there is that master classes aren't much played, they're in the 4 least played types.

Dhylec
Aug 20, 2008, 01:04 PM
Strange that the 3 basic types are still very largely used. I think ST should revamp some of these classes to attract more users.

DarkEliteRico
Aug 20, 2008, 01:15 PM
That's how the japanese feel, but if you ask around most of the US/EU population are greatly waiting for the masterclasses including myself. About 1/3 of my friends list will advance towards one of them, the majority are going for FM and GM.

Wondering how they'd change the forte and hybrid classes so more people would stay them, how would they advance/nerf masterclasses?

Miyoko
Aug 20, 2008, 01:26 PM
It'd help to know which parts of the chart represent which class >>;

I also wonder just how skewed the class chart is, due to all of the level 1 / low level / abandoned characters. And does it count only currently being played as types? Or Lv20 types? Or...?

Ceresa
Aug 20, 2008, 01:27 PM
Don't take the popularity of masterclasses in that chart at face value, the only worthwhile stat from that chart is the relationship of the masters to each other.

It is afterall, a chart that includes level 1 garbage which results in half the chart being eaten up by basics. Additionally, it's data since the release of AoI, which means that all the currently inactive people that quit between AoI launch and the Master release (and there were a lot of them...) are skewing it further.

A survey of active subscriber character types with over ~10 hours played since the start of last event would be far more worthwhile but I guess that's too much to ask for. There's also likely to be much more FM with the advent of promo weapons and the recent influx of Zagza boards.

Rest assured if you go to any random lobby in present day PSUJP, the vast vast vast majority will be FM/GM.

ashley50
Aug 20, 2008, 01:36 PM
It'd help to know which parts of the chart represent which class >>;

I also wonder just how skewed the class chart is, due to all of the level 1 / low level / abandoned characters. And does it count only currently being played as types? Or Lv20 types? Or...?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ashley_riot/classes.jpg

Lowercase "f" mean Forte Class...

Miyoko
Aug 20, 2008, 01:50 PM
Ahh, thank you very much, Ashley!

sephiroth115
Aug 20, 2008, 01:55 PM
That's how the japanese feel, but if you ask around most of the US/EU population are greatly waiting for the masterclasses including myself. About 1/3 of my friends list will advance towards one of them, the majority are going for FM and GM.

Wondering how they'd change the forte and hybrid classes so more people would stay them, how would they advance/nerf masterclasses?
maybe the numbers are so low, bc they had high expectations for the class, played it, hated it, and went back to their forte counterparts

DarkEliteRico
Aug 20, 2008, 01:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ashley_riot/classes.jpg

Lowercase "f" mean Forte Class...

So weird, seems weird that more basic classes are used :-o

sephiroth115
Aug 20, 2008, 01:59 PM
i agree with the others in saying maybe it has to do with cancelled/ abandoned/ storage characters
i have 1

beatrixkiddo
Aug 20, 2008, 02:45 PM
This chart is very misleading ;o

Inazuma
Aug 20, 2008, 06:47 PM
edited first post w/ easy to understand statistics. this is how ST should have done their chart in the first place.

MaximusLight
Aug 20, 2008, 06:59 PM
Given that with increasing experience needed for each type level (basic, advanced, and master) this chart makes sense.

I mean think about it. how many people have characters they haven't gotten out of the basic classes compaired to the whole and actively play them?
It would be even more magnified at the master level because of the massive restirctions on the classes. This also happens in Acro classes but to a lesser degree.

Also just for fun lets break down the reasoning for the gunners to be the 2 most used type over all in basic and master compared to the least used in advanced.

At the basic level level if you want to be a gunner you use gunner, but since the addition of the master classes more people will aim for going to those right away compared to fG and GT because the idea is to shoot things as fast as possible for more damage usually with the four weapons that GM has.

This doesn't happen in the advanced classes because in techer and fighter classes the weapon restictions play a bigger roll.

Overall the trend should still be 1. fighter-type 2. gunner-type and 3. force-types

Arika
Aug 20, 2008, 07:11 PM
Fortetecher for second the most use from chart??
well, I m sure the chart combine the result of the period of using since the old day...

it may contribute point like "time of using x number of people"

And heh, so people spam Degeki Puzzle mission more than MAG... a bit

hmm, they even have something like this http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/2nd_anniversary/campaign/

and.... fortefighter is the #1 use for the forte class

Aussei
Aug 20, 2008, 07:24 PM
Soooo when does this start? Where is it being held? I don't get it, isn't it already the 21st? O_o So it should be there in the Fifth floor right? It isn't there....for me.... lol

I'm confused~.

Ceresa
Aug 20, 2008, 07:28 PM
It's not go time until after tonight's maintenance. 18:00 JP time is the usual.

Indica
Aug 20, 2008, 08:08 PM
Im still going to be Master Force for a while, even if it's not popular.

It will be a relief having to break my concentration Healing, Buffing and having people say Thank You 25 times each run...lol

Aussei
Aug 20, 2008, 11:46 PM
I know what you mean....

Before I turned MasterForce I used to be always being said to "Thank you" so many times, That now when people don't say it I always think, "Eeh, what's wrong with this person?" But then I realise it's better on me so that I don't have to say Your welcome each time.... But now it's okei because I won't have to do those things anymore I'll let other like Acrotecher or something take care of buffs and healing I'll just nuke~.

Also, having to say Otsukaresamadeshita after every run and Yoroshiku onegaishimasu in the begining.....Shortcuts are really nice~.

And duh I should've known that maintainence hadn't started. hehe.

Inazuma
Aug 21, 2008, 12:11 AM
I know what you mean....

Before I turned MasterForce I used to be always being said to "Thank you" so many times, That now when people don't say it I always think, "Eeh, what's wrong with this person?" But then I realise it's better on me so that I don't have to say Your welcome each time.... But now it's okei because I won't have to do those things anymore I'll let other like Acrotecher or something take care of buffs and healing I'll just nuke~.

Also, having to say Otsukaresamadeshita after every run and Yoroshiku onegaishimasu in the begining.....Shortcuts are really nice~.

And duh I should've known that maintainence hadn't started. hehe.

aussei, whats your char name?

Aussei
Aug 21, 2008, 01:25 AM
Et'ya Yuenria

I believe we already shared cards.

mll
Aug 21, 2008, 10:11 AM
Figured this information would be more useful without the basic classes so

% population without basic and master classes

FG - 16.72%
GT - 6.76%
WT - 7.11%
fF - 23.8%
fG - 13.16%
fT - 17.08%
PT - 2.87%
AF - 6.05%
AT - 6.41%

% population without basic classes

FG - 14.6%
GT - 5.9%
WT - 6.21%
fF - 20.81%
fG - 11.49%
fT - 14.91%
PT - 2.48%
AF - 5.28%
AT - 5.59%
FM - 5.59%
GM - 5.28%
MF - 1.86%

stukasa
Aug 21, 2008, 10:39 AM
AF and AT have almost the same %. I guess that means ST did a good job of adding two (fairly different) classes that appealed to an equal number of people.

Besides the different types, I also looked at the race/gender and character level charts. I didn't realize CASTs were the most popular race but I guess it's not that surprising, really. CASTs are also the only race where males outnumber females. And as usual, Newmans are the only race with a huge gender imbalance (3 to 1 in favor of females xD).

About 1.5% of characters are capped at level 150 while about 9% are still level 1 (too many mules, shop alts and joke characters? :p).

Nai_Calus
Aug 21, 2008, 10:26 PM
I guess you can see all the abandoned accounts in the massive spike at each and every level cap increase except like two, heh.

Ken_Silver
Aug 21, 2008, 10:40 PM
Mil did what I was about to do. Thanks!

As for those new statistics, ha! Wartecher is not has hated as some people would like.

And LOL at Sega for not taking out the basic classes.

Arika
Aug 21, 2008, 10:40 PM
AF and AT have almost the same %. I guess that means ST did a good job of adding two (fairly different) classes that appealed to an equal number of people.

Besides the different types, I also looked at the race/gender and character level charts. I didn't realize CASTs were the most popular race but I guess it's not that surprising, really. CASTs are also the only race where males outnumber females. And as usual, Newmans are the only race with a huge gender imbalance (3 to 1 in favor of females xD).

About 1.5% of characters are capped at level 150 while about 9% are still level 1 (too many mules, shop alts and joke characters? :p).

1 JP player has 8 character, so a lot of lv 1 is common.

DarkLord Hades
Aug 21, 2008, 11:01 PM
I truly believe the master-classes will suck like rotten stinky eggs. I mean if I'm a Master-Force I should b a master at using all Techer weaps (ALL of them!!!), the same goes for Figh-Master (All stricking weaps!!!), & Gun-Master (All Range!!!) I mean, really, come on now... Not being able to use all the weaps of a class u "master" is like kool-aid w/o the sugar, peanutbutter but no jelly, bacon w/o eggs!!! I could just keep going & going but I'll stop at that...