PDA

View Full Version : Psu population

ForteGunnerW
Aug 20, 2008, 04:52 PM
Look i think everyone knows that the population isnt great for US/EU servers.. but i think we could all change that if we had a bit of SEGA's help i mean we could tell your freinds about it and people. i mean im not saying we will get it like population like WOW but a bit more than it is and SEGA could advertise it on TV.. and make other ways for people to pay without using thier card because thats why my freinds wont play... and if it got a lot more people SEGA might work harder i dunno but Psu has real good potential to be better than WOW if SEGA really tried... maybe if SEGA made a PC/PS2 trial people could see what its like... :)

beatrixkiddo
Aug 20, 2008, 04:58 PM
Not very many online games support ways of paying other than credit cards.

PSU does not have the potential to be better or more popular than WoW because SEGA does not take care of and advertise its games. With such a low US population, SEGA really has no incentive to do so for PSU. In addition, due to the fact that all the content is already on the disc, PSU cannot have drastic updates (new areas, new items with new graphics) like WoW can and does.

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 20, 2008, 05:01 PM
if i recall....most of PSU's population came from xbox i mean iknow we have the demo but even the demo isnt even all that good for showin how the game is......now if they do a AOI Demo for the game then it would probably be much better....

I play on the xbox server and on average universe 1 & 2 are normally fully atleast until night time anyway when people are suppose to be sleep.

but yea a demo for the PC/PS2 should raise the population a little.....
then again......i did know alot of people dislike the PC/PS2 due to the issues they had in the Past and came to the xbox server ^_^

Not very many online games support ways of paying other than credit cards.

PSU does not have the potential to be better or more popular than WoW because SEGA does not take care of and advertise its games. With such a low US population, SEGA really has no incentive to do so for PSU. In addition, due to the fact that all the content is already on the disc, PSU cannot have drastic updates (new areas, new items with new graphics) like WoW can and does.

There also the fact that since WoW is ONLY on the computer,like any other program,can be updated as much as every week (depending on the company) But since PSU is on multiple platforms making alot of updates(compared to what a computer game could do) would be limited

Now if PSU was only on the PC then they would do that but do remember if they did that.....maybe 80% of PSU population would be gone :-S

ForteGunnerW
Aug 20, 2008, 05:15 PM
There also the fact that since WoW is ONLY on the computer,like any other program,can be updated as much as every week (depending on the company) But since PSU is on multiple platforms making alot of updates(compared to what a computer game could do) would be limited

Now if PSU was only on the PC then they would do that but do remember if they did that.....maybe 80% of PSU population would be gone :-S

i guess thats true because not everyone would go PC but if it was a lot more people would join so its 50/50

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 20, 2008, 05:23 PM
i know if its only PC i wouldnt b playing lol

so i guess as far as population its like this.(correct me if im wrong)

360>PS2>PC

Kylie
Aug 20, 2008, 05:23 PM
Paradox: advertising needs more people and people need more advertising.

Mracless
Aug 20, 2008, 05:33 PM
They might be able to use an English release of Phantasy Star Portable to redirect a few customers to PSU.

Other than that, they're not going to put any real effort into advertising the game. They're only keeping our servers alive out of obligation, probably.

And we're not going to have any significant impact on increasing the population. I certainly wouldn't recommend the game to anyone. I'm not cruel enough to subject anyone to the game.

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 20, 2008, 05:34 PM
To be honest.....the only reason why i heard of PSU was becuase my friend called me one day saying it was comin out XD

Golto
Aug 20, 2008, 05:49 PM
Sega is still paying for tv commericals for their Sonic and Mario at the commie olympics. So tv ads can't be too expensive since that game still has crap sales.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 20, 2008, 07:42 PM
Sega is still paying for tv commericals for their Sonic and Mario at the commie olympics. So tv ads can't be too expensive since that game still has crap sales.

Party games will be more popular in terms of sales than MMORPGs. Therefore, advertising for them is a much safer use of money.

Golto
Aug 20, 2008, 07:57 PM
Party games will be more popular in terms of sales than MMORPGs. Therefore, advertising for them is a much safer use of money.

But PSU is more than a 1 time only renvue source. So it doesn't need to sell as many copies to make more money.

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 20, 2008, 08:03 PM
But PSU is more than a 1 time only renvue source. So it doesn't need to sell as many copies to make more money.

*Shrugs* I'm not even gonna get into the profit sega gets so im just gonna watch n learn.
*Sits on the couch*

Powder Keg
Aug 20, 2008, 08:16 PM
Even some of my friends who used to play PSO hardcore won't touch this game. Then again, they don't seem to be excited about too many games anymore at all. :-?

Shinko
Aug 20, 2008, 09:47 PM
well I think its kinda to late for sega to try to let psu be know by everyone. It maybe better if they start a new one and really took time on it and advertise it alot lot and talk about it a lot before it comes out. Then maybe it be cool.... and work on some things that could keep it up with other mmo's like WoW or AoC (not saying make it like them because i dont want that buy it needs something to keep up with another one)

BUT how the phantasy star portable is selling in japan. Maybe if it comes to usa and do just as good maybe it would make ppl want to come to the real one.....

who knows

ForteGunnerW
Aug 20, 2008, 11:46 PM
but thats the thing people who didnt play PSO dont really know about PSU

ErtaiClou
Aug 21, 2008, 03:05 PM
Paradox: advertising needs more people and people need more advertising.
Deep and truer words! lol

And I think we're a little overdue for another sidekick Saturday.

MrPOW
Aug 21, 2008, 04:50 PM

Yeah, no: http://kotaku.com/5026683/another-mario-sonic-collaboration-in-the-works

Alamar
Aug 21, 2008, 08:16 PM
Well IMO PSU will never be a WOW was never meant to be one. PSU is not even in the same league as WOW, two different games. They never made this game to be that big. It was meant for a core group of people that they know played the earlier ones. Their lack of advertising and trying to push the game imo would have been a waste of money. WOW is just to big a game to compete with..