PDA

View Full Version : Raging like the right fist of the north star

Trvgear
Aug 21, 2008, 12:27 AM
So for the first time ever today, I got scammed, and I feel so ashamed.

One of my newer friends wanted to do some fast C runs of MAG, so I got on an alternate beast account, just to at least get some amount of experience from it.

Anyway, we were in the later parts of the Forest block when a random person joined, normal stuff hey how you doing guys, and he helped us a bit, about five minutes later a level 103 joined.

Me and my friend chalked it up to him wanting to do fast C runs (my newer friend was 66, so while not as fast as a speed run still going pretty fast) and got on our way, then the first guy said "hey aren't you the guy who was collecting crimsons for blackhearts?".

After this, the tale was woven, the story was that the 103 was quitting and he had some extra black hearts, but what he wanted to do was collect a shit ton of Crimsons to sell on ebay before he left.

They actually made it quite believable, the fact that the first guy wanting to get the trade before me, and how he wanted meseta with my high percentage Crimson (which this alternate, just did not have), but he decided to be "nice" and give the Crimson for the Blackheart.

So we stood apart I dropped my crimson, and he dropped a rare weapon, but when I get there what do I get, a Dual Stream.

It wasn't until after the first guy left that I had the idea he might be involved, my friend checked, they were in a mission together, scamming someone else.
Their gamertags (on 360)
*names removed*

My friend just informed me of this, but he apparently recorded it all? Don't know if that will help when I report them, if I ever learn how.

Keiko_Seisha
Aug 21, 2008, 12:33 AM
Lesson learned. Don't do drop trades. And I do remember something about not posting user names ( of scammers or the like) here.

Xefi
Aug 21, 2008, 12:54 AM
you'll need to report abusive behavior here:
http://phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php

You'll have to follow the instruction of submitting
the ticket. You will need to be specific and detail
of the situation. Since you have their names, that
will helps too. Good luck in reporting the scammers.

edit: And yeah, for future references, no mentioning names on this forum.

landman
Aug 21, 2008, 01:28 AM
lol Crimson

Powder Keg
Aug 21, 2008, 02:03 AM
Why the hell would you be dumb enough to not use the trade window? :-?

Adriano
Aug 21, 2008, 02:05 AM
Lol.
"Drop it. >:|. Do it."
"uh....okay."

Trvgear
Aug 21, 2008, 02:34 AM

Late at night.

Just got off work.

I wasn't too clear in the head...

Seority
Aug 21, 2008, 02:38 AM
First time? Lulz.
Sorry I guess?

Adriano
Aug 21, 2008, 02:39 AM
Until recently, I had not known what it was like to be scammed online, but now I do.
And I know it sucks.
What I don't get however is why these two clowns went through so much, just to nab a crimson.
Not too sure what theyre worth on 360, but on pc/ps2 theyre not worth being labeled a scammer over that's for sure.

Zantra
Aug 21, 2008, 02:46 AM
Only play PSU, with people that you know, and trust.

Shinko
Aug 21, 2008, 02:58 AM

i have to agree with this guy. sry to say but u ask for that to happen my friend.
.......but still i have ppl like that -_-

Ryna
Aug 21, 2008, 06:35 AM
It is against the forum rules to name people on this site. Just use the submission form provided in one of the previous posts. It'll also help if you include a link to that video in your submission.