PDA

View Full Version : Booted for badges?!

RufuSwho
Aug 21, 2008, 11:44 AM
If you are planning on booting your party right before picking up badges...

Play solo.

Unless you really suck so bad that you can't make it to the badges by yourself.

Then you should get a full a full party and then boot them right before the badges drop.

Just remember, this is a sure fire indicator that you suck. :D

off topic: yay for new S2 missions

DAMASCUS
Aug 21, 2008, 11:48 AM
If someone screws other people in real life to get ahead it pisses me off.

This just makes me sad. How pathetic can people be?

Noblewine
Aug 21, 2008, 12:58 PM
I never boot unless someone makes a rude comment or is annoying me. It's pretty pathetic to hear this is happening. People are desperate for badges that they will resort to that then you should just solo to avoid this problem.

Kylie
Aug 21, 2008, 01:07 PM
I haven't had anyone boot me, but some chick got mad that she wasn't getting any and left the party.

MooCowPirate
Aug 21, 2008, 01:17 PM
I got booted by a bunch of level lower 100s who were using the wrong ass element weapons on the mobs (not that I really care, maybe they were PA leveling, who knows). I don't know the reason as I had my mic unplugged (because some days you just don't feel like listening to people chit chat), but I was out-damaging everyone, and even though they were leaving me to take care of one path by myself, I was STILL managing to get ahead of them. I don't get it. Oh well.

DarkEliteRico
Aug 21, 2008, 01:18 PM
It's the last day we have to deal with this shit at least.

MooCowPirate
Aug 21, 2008, 01:20 PM
It's the last day we have to deal with this shit at least.

True... until people start booting before the boss boxes of White Beast S2 "NO [B] SERAFI-SENBA FOR YOU, LULZ *BOOT*"

Seority
Aug 21, 2008, 01:28 PM
I've gotten booted for killing too fast before. Right before the last spawn of Ruins :wacko:
[spoiler-box]The only thing I knew of it was, the leader wanted to get badges in caves, so she did. I, at the time, could handle caves 2 myself, so I did. She complained that I "stole" all the exp from her, when caves 2 was almost done, by me only, so the mission could go faster. The other two in the party didn't care. We get to mines and all she is using is a chao staff, ungrinded, using a level 6 rafoie. :roll: "My fault that you can't tag? Rofl."[/spoiler-box]

Kylie
Aug 21, 2008, 01:31 PM
I am teh sux at deciphering sarcasm. :disapprove:

[spoiler-box]The only thing I knew of it was, the leader wanted to get badges in caves, so she did. I, at the time, could handle caves 2 myself, so I did. She complained that I "stole" all the exp from her, when caves 2 was almost done, by me only, so the mission could go faster. The other two in the party didn't care. We get to mines and all she is using is a chao staff, ungrinded, using a level 6 rafoie. :roll: "My fault that you can't tag? Rofl."[/spoiler-box]I always do that, but I haven't been booted for it. There's no reason for everyone in the party to go in the "badges" section of the Caves. If you want them, go ahead and get them; don't waste my time over it. Well, if they asked me to wait, I would, but I'm going to do what I want if they don't specify.

Powder Keg
Aug 21, 2008, 01:32 PM
I've gotten booted for killing too fast before. Right before the last spawn of Ruins :wacko:
[spoiler-box]The only thing I knew of it was, the leader wanted to get badges in caves, so she did. I, at the time, could handle caves 2 myself, so I did. She complained that I "stole" all the exp from her, when caves 2 was almost done, by me only, so the mission could go faster. The other two in the party didn't care. We get to mines and all she is using is a chao staff, ungrinded, using a level 6 rafoie. :roll: "My fault that you can't tag? Rofl."[/spoiler-box]

I could see that, if they said they want to complete everything. If I wanted badges and exp, I wouldn't want people running ahead either. It's up to the leader.

Feign
Aug 21, 2008, 01:39 PM
lol carebears...

My first ever boot on someone was:

Standing at the Forest starting gate. "ONE PERSON SHOULD RUN AHEAD FOR BADGES ITS FASTER I NEED BADGES VERY BADLY I NEED TO RUN THIS IN FIVE MINUTES TO GET MORE BADGES AND MY WAY IS FASTER"

The three of us were like "...is this a speed run?"

Mister Badge's response: "Are you stupid?!"

My reply? Das boot.

Seority
Aug 21, 2008, 02:07 PM
Thing is, they never asked me to "slow down". The leader just bitched about it afterward. As I said, the other two in the party didn't care. She said nothing after that, then just booted me right when the last spawn of Ruins, spawned.
If you want to make sure you can tag everything with your small fire bombs, don't invite a level 100 acrofighter 18 into your party when all of you are level 80, and expect me to just wait 5 mins for you get your badges, slowing down everyone's time.
I don't feel sorry for her.

shotsfired
Aug 21, 2008, 02:22 PM
I boot for many reasons, including race/type selections I disagree with, bad palettes, bad or ungrinded weaponry, low % armors, unleveled pa's, dislike in other players clothing, dislike in other players physical attributes, meseta carried (max or boot), GBR %'s (even if no GBR going on), and last but not least, character names.

agreed.

dont forget squeeky high pitched voices!

Powder Keg
Aug 21, 2008, 02:41 PM
Thing is, they never asked me to "slow down". The leader just bitched about it afterward. As I said, the other two in the party didn't care. She said nothing after that, then just booted me right when the last spawn of Ruins, spawned.
If you want to make sure you can tag everything with your small fire bombs, don't invite a level 100 acrofighter 18 into your party when all of you are level 80, and expect me to just wait 5 mins for you get your badges, slowing down everyone's time.
I don't feel sorry for her.

Yeah, if they waited to say something then that's pretty stupid. Whining about it afterwards isn't going to accomplish anything.

Yuicihi
Aug 21, 2008, 02:43 PM
I actually recieved a single badge a little bit ago, and got kicked for it. The 360 servers have always been a bit trigger-happy, so it didn't get to me.

People are going to do it. It's a simple fact. If you want to run MAG today, I'd get a group of friends who don't care for the badges.

Pika
Aug 21, 2008, 02:52 PM
if you plan to boot people...play solo....

i got booted from 2 games last night for no reason, joined one, got booted immediately, joined a 2nd game, they let me help clear 1 room, then booted me stating "I dont care about level 25's go suck a...." well..i think ya get the idea....there was some other language in there that im not sure i can post here...

why do you make a game open if you plan to boot people? then why be so rude about it, ask someone to kindly leave, personally, i'd leave. if they refuse, or act like jerks, then boot...

makes me miss the old days of PSO were booting wasn't an option...

Powder Keg
Aug 21, 2008, 03:06 PM
makes me miss the old days of PSO were booting wasn't an option...

I think I'd rather have booting around then some ass disrupting your party and the only way you can remedy it is to make a whole new team.

KuroShinnen
Aug 21, 2008, 03:08 PM
I boot if I'm solo hunting and forget to put a pass on, or if a person in the party gets either rude or disruptive to another member. I usually play with 1 or 2 close friends when partying, so I take an attack to them, is an attack on me.

jobber
Aug 21, 2008, 03:24 PM
I hate booters

I want their controllers to blow up and the battery acid to burn their fingers.
I've been booted 10+ times in the last 2 weeks. I don't talk or act rude and it's always right when the last spawn of monsters show up in the ruins.
I don't even care about the badges, I need the Mission Points!

ABDUR101
Aug 21, 2008, 04:48 PM
Might be a good idea for most of you guys to just get each others character names/gamertags and start playing together. Would solve alot of your problems if you played with like-minded players.

Yet another reason I tend not to group with random people in online games; lack of comradery and respect.