PDA

View Full Version : Shop searching [b] Gaozoran Rod?

XenithFlare
Aug 21, 2008, 08:12 PM
I want the board, but can't manage to find it any shops. Is there just none in shops or is this just one of the items that you need to search a certain way?

Para
Aug 21, 2008, 08:18 PM
360 or PS2/PC? I know there's no boards on sale for PS2/PC. I checked last night.

ashley50
Aug 21, 2008, 08:28 PM
just put in "gaozoran"...if nothing pops up. There's none.

Indica
Aug 21, 2008, 08:59 PM
PC/PS2 you will not find any boards or made less then 50 Million

Telina
Aug 21, 2008, 09:37 PM
Its not that there are none for sale(hopefully) but by putting the word "rod" into your search the game thinks your looking forr a rod weapon named gaozoran not that its one item name. search for psycho and then psycho rod and you'll see what i mean,

psycho will show boards, psycho rod will yield made products and psycho wand will show nothing as there is no wand with the word psycho in it. its wonky at best, but a hell of a lot better than shopping by item.

XenithFlare
Aug 22, 2008, 12:07 AM
I figured there were none in shops. Before I posted this, I'd tried looking under "Gaozoran," tried changing the min price, tried searching for "Gaozoran" under Board only, etc... I've been around and know how to manipulate the shop search :p

I noticed the weapons are still super expensive, kinda odd considering how easy the rods are to find now with MAG v.2. Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter much, was just curious. Thanks for the replies!

Shou
Aug 22, 2008, 12:35 AM
I just dont think there are any for sale. You have to search for [B] Gaozoran Rod like this though: "gaozoran board" if you want the synthesized rod "gaozoran rod" and for the material "gaozoran"

Astarin
Aug 22, 2008, 01:06 AM
Shou's search terms are correct. And yeah, there just haven't been any [b] Gaozoran Rod for sale on the PC/PS2 servers for some time now. I've been keeping an eye out for a good deal on one since before MAG 2, with no luck. People are just hoarding the boards, I think, since there are a certainly more of the completed weapon than usual.

Powder Keg
Aug 22, 2008, 01:08 AM
Its not that there are none for sale(hopefully) but by putting the word "rod" into your search the game thinks your looking forr a rod weapon named gaozoran not that its one item name. search for psycho and then psycho rod and you'll see what i mean,

psycho will show boards, psycho rod will yield made products and psycho wand will show nothing as there is no wand with the word psycho in it. its wonky at best, but a hell of a lot better than shopping by item.

Oh, that's how it works. I figured that wasn't happening since you can narrow your search terms with board or rod to begin with.

Dealbreaker
Aug 22, 2008, 01:14 AM
I figured there were none in shops. Before I posted this, I'd tried looking under "Gaozoran," tried changing the min price, tried searching for "Gaozoran" under Board only, etc... I've been around and know how to manipulate the shop search :p

I noticed the weapons are still super expensive, kinda odd considering how easy the rods are to find now with MAG v.2. Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter much, was just curious. Thanks for the replies!

I ran alot and i never saw the board drop. Not in V.1 or V.2 . On top of that i run True Darkness a ton and never have i seen it drop there. Its just really hard to get and some belive harder to get then the Psycho Wand.

Powder Keg
Aug 22, 2008, 01:19 AM
I personally think it is harder to get than the Pwand. I usually always see more Pwands available in shops and I have never seen a Gaozoran drop the board, and we spammed the hell out of that one mission in 1up.

With White Beast, Diads are easier to get than the Gao Rod mats as well. The relic edges, however.......

autumn
Aug 22, 2008, 01:30 AM
I've seen psycho wand boards drop and I've never seen a gaozoran board and I've hunted both. I eventually just gave up on the gaozoran and just bought one.

Gen2000
Aug 22, 2008, 01:39 AM
I had a Gaozoran Rod board that was sitting in my PM ever since 1up. During MAG, even with rare boosted droprate the Rod mat never dropped enough compare to say...Carriguine Blades imo. Over all these months and True Darkness spam I ended up with just 3 Rod mats. Trying to buy one before MAG at those ridiculous prices...just no.

Luckly they were much, much cheaper during MAG, I just gave in and bought the rest of them to synth the damn thing to get it out of my PM. It's too much of a hassle to make, not even that strong, and looks ugly if you use any elements but dark on it.

After MAG those rod mat prices will skyrocket again so if anyone actually has the board you better buy the mats now while you still can.