PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Horrible Lag!

Phoenix_Black
Aug 22, 2008, 09:32 AM
Everything is lagging horribly on the 360, my buddy said he was getting it, and I've been getting slow menus and standstills. I just lagged out while typing.

DarkEliteRico
Aug 22, 2008, 09:33 AM
nothing new after huge updates. did you just get done with sacred stream as well?

joefro
Aug 22, 2008, 10:09 AM
I had horrible robot lag this morning when I tried flowery pursuit. It would come and go, kind of like egg thieves. Ugh.

Billy Mitchell
Aug 22, 2008, 10:23 AM
I had horrible robot lag this morning when I tried flowery pursuit. It would come and go, kind of like egg thieves. Ugh.That's not the robot issue.

For those who are slow (slow, get it), there are two types of "slowdown" on the 360 that people often confuse.

1. Slowdown that comes and goes from graphical stuff, such as trees being broken or on egg thieves or the leaf things in Rycross. Things slow down, but then go back to normal when the culprit isn't there.

2. Fatal slowdown from robot missions that increasingly slows your box down until you must reset in order to get rid of it. This slowdown snowballs - it does not go away, and gets worse, until you reset.

Keeping those two types of slowdown distinct is vital to your not looking like an idiot when you post.

joefro
Aug 22, 2008, 10:40 AM
I know the different lags. I'm saying that it was really slow like the robot lag but I didn't stay. It was horrible lag, unlike the minimal egg thieves lag. So to sum up, it was basically a mix of the slowest robot lag but it wasn't consistent.

Billy Mitchell
Aug 22, 2008, 10:52 AM
I know the different lags. I'm saying that it was really slow like the robot lag but I didn't stay. It was horrible lag, unlike the minimal egg thieves lag. So to sum up, it was basically a mix of the slowest robot lag but it wasn't consistent.It was not "basically a mix". The crucial difference between slowdown 1 and slowdown 2 is whether it resolves itself or whether you need to reset. It is not about how slow it goes.

If you "know" this, then please, for the sake of others who do not, type what you mean without making it look like you are confused.

landman
Aug 22, 2008, 11:19 AM
I have just played the new mission after story mission and it slows down just with the empty stage and no enemies, and it was no robot slowdown, plus it has robots, and there is Sacred Stream, This GBR can go S*** it in my opinion

Phoenix_Black
Aug 22, 2008, 03:34 PM
I'm not getting slowdown. It litterally takes like 2-4 minutes between loading screens... For no reason. It's not my connection, I checked that out.

Turb0
Aug 22, 2008, 03:37 PM
I just ran through the whole boost road including the new mission and sacred stream without noticing any real slowdown so idk. Everything seems pretty normal to me.

Powder Keg
Aug 22, 2008, 03:38 PM
This reminds me of when PSO V2 used to kill Dreamcast systems.

EurekaX
Aug 22, 2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I keep lagging out, starting to tick me off...

MrPOW
Aug 23, 2008, 11:20 AM
Does anyone know if there is a particular spawn for Sacred Stream that doesn't slowdown as bad...or is it just random? I was so pumped about this GBR but running Sacred Stream has ruined it for me. I wasted over an hour last night just trying to finish it and never could because it would slow down to the point of being unplayable. WTF Sega?!

toxic_rf
Aug 24, 2008, 08:15 PM
It always seems to be the blue robots that cause it for me, in the long room just before the secret section at the end of Sacred Stream.

HyperShot-X-
Aug 25, 2008, 12:03 PM
I ususally get hit by slow down in Sacred stream on 2nd run thru, get no slow down on 1st run thru mostly. A temporary work around is to just run thru the whole GBR route once, log out to dash board, take a short break or something, then log on again :/

MrPOW
Aug 25, 2008, 02:57 PM
I gave up trying to do Sacred Stream on S2 solo. It's hard enough for me when it runs fine, but it's almost impossible when it's in super slow-mo. I've resorted to just running a pair of A runs when I get to Sacred Stream on GBR now. Since it's only 2 blocks and I kill everything crazy fast it doesn't take too long to run twice and if it slows down I can still finish the mission instead of quitting out like I have to on S2. Plus I get 6 points instead of 5, so eventually I'll get to skip it :D

Zos
Aug 25, 2008, 04:28 PM
This won't solve all problems, but clearing the xbox cache does help. To clear the cache, push and hold the a button before the game starts loading. After clearing my xboxs cache, it seemed as if my internet connection wasn't fast enough to keep up.

Turb0
Aug 25, 2008, 04:45 PM
Does anyone know if there is a particular spawn for Sacred Stream that doesn't slowdown as bad...or is it just random? I was so pumped about this GBR but running Sacred Stream has ruined it for me. I wasted over an hour last night just trying to finish it and never could because it would slow down to the point of being unplayable. WTF Sega?!

For me, this first block (http://psupedia.info/Image:SS_two_gates.png) starting with the 3 spear guys hasn't given me slowdown yet but my friend got slowdown on that one last night so it may not be the same for everyone.

Kryslin
Aug 26, 2008, 11:49 AM
I, too, had terrible, intermittent lag on Flowery Pursuit; I think there's some broken scenery in the background, because it occurs in 2 or 3 spots in the mission, usually when the wide open spaces are displayed.

Really, the PSU engine needs some tighter visibility management when the levels are created/compiled... Yes, the scenery looks very nice, even at 1-2 FPS. However, add Sageeta, Armed Servants, and Komazli in the frame... :(

The Robot lag sounds like a memory leak (allocating and not releasing), or garbage collection (allocating and releasing a lot of memory) issue...

thematesV2
Aug 26, 2008, 01:46 PM
can anyone confirm what zos stated? about clearing the cache? that seems like a super simple process, too simple.

i'm just curious, If it's good, then thats awesome, if not, then thats not awesome...

gravityvx
Aug 27, 2008, 02:49 PM
So I bought this game back couple days ago, got online...and every single mission I do there is i
nsane lag I mean really whats going on? And to top it off not only do I lag it kicks me offline after a while. It's definately not my connection because

my other games have no lag at all so what is this crap? First I thought it would just

go away after a while...but here I am again for 3rd day and still getting this insane lag.

I feel pretty jipped...paying 9.99 for this, if anyone knows why I'm getting this plz feel free to help lol. Thanks.

str898mustang
Aug 27, 2008, 02:57 PM
what system are u on?

Aries2384
Aug 27, 2008, 02:57 PM
First off, You don't provide near enough information. Are you on Xbox360? PC/ps2? What does it tell you when it does kick you off? Help us help you, sir.

Garanz-Baranz
Aug 27, 2008, 03:05 PM
The error could be in the SEGA networking.

I have been experiencing recent lag "spikes", though that was about.. a week ago. Usually in the most populated Universe [Uni-2].

Your Connection Settings may be errored if you're on PC/PS2.Try resaving the connection Settings. Even if they are right, Resave anyway, it's worked for me.

If you're on Xbox, I can't help too much.

gravityvx
Aug 27, 2008, 03:09 PM
Sorry, I'm playing on xbox 360, and it actually gives me 2 different messages when it

kicks me off. One says something about "servers may be under maintenance" when

they clearly arent, and the other is just plain "hey we kicked you off", ...but really, it

says something like Sega has requested such & such to stop the connection. Sorry I dont
remember the exact wording of them but that about sums them up...I hope this helps.

Oh, and this lag I'm talking about its not my character or anyone stoping or skipping around its like this gigantic delay on everything
like I can hit/kill something and they're like still running around attacking.....maybe 10-20sec later(if im lucky) they die. And this includes
keys to unlock doors...I get a key & im pressing the machine to open it says I don't have it? I mean iv'e seen lag but what is this?

e_Tard
Aug 27, 2008, 04:00 PM
As you can see from the merge, a lot of people on the 360 are experiencing ridiculous lag lately. It's not just you, or your connection, although it could be adding to the problem. The server lag you're talking about comes and goes, for me at least. Yesterday afternoon was pretty bad, a lot of lag spikes and d/c's. Today has been ok, I only got a few lag spikes while I was playing earlier.

Not only has there been a lot of connection lag since Sega moved the servers, but the new mission also produces slow down, and on top of all that the robot memory leak from AoI's release still hasn't been fixed...

Welcome back! :lol:

gravityvx
Aug 27, 2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks lol but I'm pretty upset...I seem to have come back at the wrong time, I cannot even finish any missions at all before getting d/c. :( This is driving me crazy because I keep trying my other games like SCVI and not a bit of lag or random d/cing _-_ Oh well, I gues i'll just have to hope it gets better soon. Btw...this is kinda off topic but can you still get those PSO music disks or is that done with even though they have the mission...

Nirvash7
Aug 27, 2008, 09:09 PM
When you lag for a long time, it'll kick you off the server say "The Phantasy Star Universe Server has issued an interrupt request". It's pretty much whoever has the best internet connection that doesn't get deconned.