PDA

View Full Version : PSU In-game harassment.. how do I deal with it?

Cassandra
Aug 22, 2008, 05:23 PM
My question is basically, is there an ignore feature in the game? I cannot find one. What can I do if a player who has my partner card is giving me a lot of unwanted attention?

moomoopenguin
Aug 22, 2008, 05:24 PM
blacklist

Quebe_Lae
Aug 22, 2008, 05:24 PM
You can't blacklist them, then password your room? If that fails, attempt to contact a GM?

Cassandra
Aug 22, 2008, 05:28 PM
You can't blacklist them, then password your room? If that fails, attempt to contact a GM?

Thanks, I found the blacklist menu, but I can't PW my room because I run a shop.

Does anyone know if blacklisting a person makes them unable to see your online status through the partner card?

Noblewine
Aug 22, 2008, 05:32 PM
No, they will be able to see you but will be unable to contact you.

Kenbog
Aug 22, 2008, 05:35 PM
if they have your Partner Card, they could still see if your on or not, but cant see what lobby your at and all the other data

Aisha379
Aug 22, 2008, 05:35 PM
I don't think they can see WHERE you are, but they can see you're online. So just as good I guess.

Cassandra
Aug 22, 2008, 05:36 PM
Thank you Kenbog that's exactly what I hoped!

LLSmoothJ
Aug 22, 2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks, I found the blacklist menu, but I can't PW my room because I run a shop.

Does anyone know if blacklisting a person makes them unable to see your online status through the partner card?

The only thing they'll see is that you're online. Anything else, they can't.

amtalx
Aug 22, 2008, 05:40 PM
The only thing they'll see is that you're online. Anything else, they can't.

Unless they are outside your window...

Kylie
Aug 22, 2008, 05:43 PM
And don't bother contacting a GM unless they're spamming your personal information or something. If it's just bullying or causing you drama, then they won't do anything about it. I can't find it now, but there used to be a note on the main site that said that. Your best bet is using the blacklist as others have pointed out.

leblancdiaz
Aug 22, 2008, 07:16 PM
This reminds me of the WoW forums were people would make level 1 alts and talk shit and hide behind this level 1 because they didn't want there true identity revealed. As for the ban list people could make new characters and spam you I may be wrong on that one but correct me if I'm wrong there is no manual way to put someone on your black list unless you have there card or you walk up to them and do it that way I could be wrong someone correct me

Kylie
Aug 22, 2008, 07:26 PM
This reminds me of the WoW forums were people would make level 1 alts and talk shit and hide behind this level 1 because they didn't want there true identity revealed. As for the ban list people could make new characters and spam you I may be wrong on that one but correct me if I'm wrong there is no manual way to put someone on your black list unless you have there card or you walk up to them and do it that way I could be wrong someone correct me
You can go to their room and blacklist them via the vision phone, or you can do it if they're in your party, or you can do it from a mail they sent you. You can't just add someone to it, no, but it doesn't matter if they aren't mailing you or tracking you down, right?

leblancdiaz
Aug 22, 2008, 10:37 PM
You can go to their room and blacklist them via the vision phone, or you can do it if they're in your party, or you can do it from a mail they sent you. You can't just add someone to it, no, but it doesn't matter if they aren't mailing you or tracking you down, right?

cool that will work, also were always tracked one way or another :O

Kairi_Li
Aug 23, 2008, 06:34 PM
if they have your Partner Card, they could still see if your on or not, but cant see what lobby your at and all the other data

Which now confirms something that I find ironic regarding being a girl harassed once in PSU. CrazyVic once partied with me and my fiance and our friend in a MAG run, and he kept flirting with me to the point that it was getting real creepy though mail. The 3 of us were voice chatting and I relay the messages to them, and we decided once we are done with the run, they chew him out. They did, he left, apologised with a slight bit of flirting still in it, and then I was blacklisted by CrazyVic.

Yeah, I kept his card cause I thought this whole thing was amusing. And yet despite being a victim of such a common occurence for girls in games, why did HE blacklist ME? It should be the other way around. :P

But yes, use the Blacklist against such people and ignore them. The GMs can't really change human nature, and for a lot of stupid guys (not the smart ones, just the dumb rude ones) it means alot of sexual harassement against female players.

Hrith
Aug 23, 2008, 10:25 PM
And don't bother contacting a GM unless they're spamming your personal information or something. If it's just bullying or causing you drama, then they won't do anything about it. I can't find it now, but there used to be a note on the main site that said that. Your best bet is using the blacklist as others have pointed out.That is not true at all. In-game harrassment is a violation of the EULA, and a bannable offense.

People will be officially warned, then banned, for harrassing; and a lot have been in the past, especially for PSO BB.

If you're on PC/PS2, contacting me works. If you're on Xbox 360, contacting SamuraiSilhouette works.

If blacklisting them does not do the job, the best person to take care of the issue will be RubyEclipse.

Dragwind
Aug 24, 2008, 11:24 AM
You can report them here: http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php