PDA

View Full Version : *Spoiler alert* Ambition's End *For those who played and beat it*

gundam0079
Aug 22, 2008, 12:34 PM
We finally meet orson. Discuss. Like his clothes

CelestialBlade
Aug 22, 2008, 01:05 PM
Somehow I fucking knew this game was going to end with a lame-ass fight with Dark Falz, but that's the way it goes. At least the fight with Howzer was fucking badass. And as soon as I find the stupid JP players who whined about him being "too hard," they're getting stabbed in the eyes. That fight had serious potential.

Ezodagrom
Aug 22, 2008, 01:12 PM
His fight kinda looked like SEED-Helga fight on PSP o.o, with the "flying" and teleporting, but Helga was harder ^^;

Also it's funny that Orson saves Lumia on the chapter, but in the subplot Lumia saves Orson...and Orson survives :3

Noblewine
Aug 22, 2008, 05:41 PM
The battle with Howzer was fun though I was surprised he was floating and his arms stretched as an attack. I liked the clothes but I'm crossing my fingers the color combinations are good.

Xaeris
Aug 22, 2008, 05:44 PM
You know, you can blame the JP players all you like, but from what I understand, the original version of the fight was all but impossible. It's not really fair to put the fault with them.

Shadwitz
Aug 22, 2008, 05:50 PM
His level was jacked up to near 200, from what Arika told me. He oneshotted with any attack.

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 22, 2008, 06:12 PM
O u guys are talking bout the story mission you fight dark falz at the end????
*confused* lol

We finally meet orson. Discuss. Like his clothes

cool sig btw :-D

Ezodagrom
Aug 22, 2008, 07:04 PM
O u guys are talking bout the story mission you fight dark falz at the end????
*confused* lol

No, the fight against Howzer in the story chapter released today...

Amalga
Aug 22, 2008, 07:21 PM
The moment he goofed up on his name it was pretty easy to tell who it was. I'm not digging his clothes at all.

The Howzer fight was sweet, though. Definitely had fun. Having grunts thrown in was a nice touch, too. The naive part of me is hoping they're setting a new bar for bosses now...

Of course, the time limits never make anything fun. IMO.

Ken_Silver
Aug 22, 2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah, Episode 3's story has yet to disappoint me. Even though I think of Howzer as an Ansom from Kingdom Hearts knock-off. How many times did he say something like return to darkness? IMAO.

Can't wait for Chapter 6 to come out. By the way, as for the subplot, what is the requirments to S rank "Will of Light 2" on C rank?

Darklighter
Aug 22, 2008, 08:06 PM
I really want his outfit, can not wait for the trade mission. The story mission was awesome. First time I actually had fun doing a story mission. Here I thought I'd be suffering getting the megid resist item from the boss. :)

Almeho
Aug 22, 2008, 08:12 PM
I loved the boss fight as well as the mission in general. Kinda wanted to do it again after finishing it. :lol:

Darklighter
Aug 22, 2008, 08:23 PM
Seriously, I thought the free for all at the end of the first part was just awesome but it got better in the second part.

Tyreek
Aug 22, 2008, 11:14 PM
Was supposed to post this in the morning, but meh. Those who want to talk about chapter 5 can bring it here. What are your thoughts on the story so far? And of course what are your thoughts about that certain person who was there? Bring it all here. I wanna hear everybody's thoughts.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 22, 2008, 11:57 PM
A shame we didn't get to fight the high lvl boss and just the gimped one instead.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 23, 2008, 12:05 AM
busy farming Vijeri / Resist

CelestialBlade
Aug 23, 2008, 12:06 AM
A shame we didn't get to fight the high lvl boss and just the gimped one instead.
Yeah, I'm pissed too. That fight is epic.

CelestialBlade
Aug 23, 2008, 12:07 AM
200? Well then nerf him to like, 160. He should still be hard....

ChaosAngel92
Aug 23, 2008, 12:15 AM
Anyone else dissapointed with the story?

Ceresa
Aug 23, 2008, 12:15 AM
He is 160...on JP right now...

apparently he is 89 for you guys on A? lol...

beatrixkiddo
Aug 23, 2008, 12:24 AM

Not me. This is the first chapter I actually enjoyed the dialogue.

Tyreek
Aug 23, 2008, 12:34 AM
So there is a higher level version of the boss huh? Can you tell me a bit about it?

ChaosAngel92
Aug 23, 2008, 12:38 AM
Not me. This is the first chapter I actually enjoyed the dialogue.

The thing is I just hate it when it all turns "Muahaha I want to destroy everything because you lowlifes dont understand"....The idea of the Illuminus for me was pretty amaising when I first readed..and so realistic. It was cool to note out some references to the WWII. And I just loved the idea of the human fundamentalist group. But then it all the sudden turns out like this...
Its nothing new....and all went to the crap in the last episode to be honest. I was expecting..a lot more of "ideals fight".

Curtz "side-story" was the unique I agree I enjoyed......but it gets a point when he start with the "Pinochio syndrome" that I just cant stand it. I also was disapointed to see that there was not coperation of the rouges at all..........Laia troubuled all the way to get with Tylor and fight with him in order to get an alliance...in the end she barely used any other tool than you and the annoying Lumia.

Well to be honest I could stay right here like 2 more hours writing what I think of the story and a couple of ideas that might got intersting of how the story could get better...but im terribly tired and dissapointed. This is the 32th time that SEGA do that to me (and the count remains)

sovalou
Aug 23, 2008, 12:51 AM
You'd think that after repeating the same plot for the past 6 PSU games it would have a different ending or atleast some plot twist. For me it seem like the story was written up by some 1st grader who just learned his basic grammar tools. I'm beginning to wonder whether or not SEGA actually has the money to enlist new writers, cause we already know our money isnt going towards PSU game enhancements.

_Vyser_
Aug 23, 2008, 01:24 AM
No one else was wondering why Lumia had some spare 11* weapons to just give out? O_o

landman
Aug 23, 2008, 01:31 AM
Is there a sub-plot like chapter 4 (Cutz/lou) in this chapter? how do I unlock it?

Tyreek
Aug 23, 2008, 03:11 AM
Subplot? 0_0; Explain. Where did I miss this?

SabZero
Aug 23, 2008, 05:15 AM
The subplots come available with the 4th story mission.

And, what ending did you all have? Apparently there are differences :O

Mine was sad, and Ethan had a serious "do not want" moment :( Olson died

fay
Aug 23, 2008, 05:53 AM
No one else was wondering why Lumia had some spare 11* weapons to just give out? O_o

actually i was like wtf. where did she get a gudda hon from. she doesnt even use anything that goos lol!

landman
Aug 23, 2008, 06:14 AM
Yes, Ethan looks a little "Ryo Hazuki-ish" in that moment

Arika
Aug 23, 2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I'm pissed too. That fight is epic.
In the past, Howzer is lv 190, and JPer said that every kind of his attack 1 hit kill you.
a lot complained to SEGA, and they nerf him to less than half level of the former one.

if you play this route, you won't disappoint.. may be...http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2125159&postcount=671

Phoenix148
Aug 23, 2008, 10:16 AM
wait, how do u get that ending? do u have to choose certain character speaking choices or is it just doing the mission again or on a higher difficulty?

SabZero
Aug 23, 2008, 03:48 PM
You just have to follow the two subplots that exist so far.

Go here (spoiler warning) http://psupedia.info/Story_mission_subplots

Apone
Aug 23, 2008, 04:25 PM
do the responses you make in chapter 5 change the possible outcome or do you have to go back to previous chapters to do it? or is therer a link to a plot tree somewhere?

Dragwind
Aug 23, 2008, 05:31 PM
I found the battle with Howzer, and just seeing Orson to be overly epic

Tyreek
Aug 23, 2008, 05:46 PM
This subplot twist is interesting. I'll have to complete the last 4 chapters in episode 2 though. ><;

Kylie
Aug 23, 2008, 09:00 PM
I think maybe it was supposed to be sad, but I found myself giggling during most of it. :$

Zekester
Aug 23, 2008, 10:01 PM

Rofl! I was thinking the same thing!
Im sitting here like, "Hmm..I wonder what weapons she gave him".

LOL GUDDA HONC AND BIL DE AXE.

Arika
Aug 23, 2008, 10:12 PM
Because Bil de Axe neutral and Gudda Hoc neutral are junks. I can give those to stranger too if he will use it.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 23, 2008, 10:17 PM
Was anyone else reminded of http://www.testedich.de/quiz24/picture/pic_1197410226_26.jpg[/spoiler-box]
when [spoiler]Howzer starts talking about "Filling The Universe With Darkness"? :lol:

XFoxPrower
Aug 23, 2008, 10:28 PM
[spoiler-box]Jivatma anyone? The megid and stretchy arms are alike there. King of Fighters 2006 (aka KOF Maximum Impact 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9u9FpgzH8E
[/spoiler-box]

Weeaboolits
Aug 23, 2008, 10:52 PM
I find it funny that he got a weapon from Lumia, she apparently had some pretty ritzy fighter gear on her for a guntecher.

Arika
Aug 23, 2008, 10:59 PM
His fight kinda looked like SEED-Helga fight on PSP o.o, with the "flying" and teleporting, but Helga was harder ^^;

Also it's funny that Orson saves Lumia on the chapter, but in the subplot Lumia saves Orson...and Orson survives :3

actually, it would be more funny if Lumia saved Olsan in the subplot and she died instead

Arika
Aug 23, 2008, 11:04 PM
He is 160...on JP right now...

apparently he is 89 for you guys on A? lol...

True, it is lv 160 there.
Either this is the another bug we get or ST just put it this way to show that our server contain more noob <_<;

LLSmoothJ
Aug 23, 2008, 11:24 PM
Was anyone else reminded of http://www.testedich.de/quiz24/picture/pic_1197410226_26.jpg[/spoiler-box]
when [spoiler]Howzer starts talking about "Filling The Universe With Darkness"? :lol:

Not really. I was more reminded of Ansem/Xenhort's Heartless from Kingdom Hearts. He even looks like him a bit.

Shinko
Aug 24, 2008, 12:13 AM
In the past, Howzer is lv 190, and JPer said that every kind of his attack 1 hit kill you.
a lot complained to SEGA, and they nerf him to less than half level of the former one.

Man.... so because of them we get this weak howzer.... -_- MAN...

I really wish i could have fought the 190 howzer... i would have enjoy myself.
I like an epic challenging battle..... sigh....

Chuck_Norris
Aug 24, 2008, 12:32 AM
Not really. I was more reminded of Ansem/Xenhort's Heartless from Kingdom Hearts. He even looks like him a bit.

..Did you look at the picture I posted? That was him! :disapprove:

McLaughlin
Aug 24, 2008, 12:53 AM
I thought Orson looked a little...fruity. I think his hair style was...off. The colour combo for his clothing looked funky too.

EDIT: And as far as the battle being nerfed, I'd rather beat him to a pulp than get OHKO'd if he decided to even breath on me. He was broken on C Rank through S Rank. Not just on S Rank.

darkante
Aug 24, 2008, 12:58 AM

Lv 190? Oohh, yeah that would be pretty challenging. :D

Arika
Aug 24, 2008, 01:39 AM

However, they nerfed to lv 160 in JP,
I dunno why it became lv 89 here...
They implement us as noob? :-?

Ceresa
Aug 24, 2008, 01:41 AM
There was no 190 Hauzer...ever...

Originally he was 160 on C B A

Obviously this was a problem for the 9 people that apparently only played PSU for story and weren't 100+ with blinging dark armor. So next week maintenance, and he is 69 79 89 (NA is here for some hilarious reason, should probably bitch asap since it will take 8 months to get results ohoho)

Right after they go up, ST goes shit, not supposed to be 89 on A

Next day emergency maintenance he's back to 160 on A.

As for the one shotting people, of course he one shot all the loudmouth lowbies on C B, and he can still dominate high lvls if they just ignore darkness armor and do nothing but attack head on without a care in the world. His stretch arm does around 700-800 per arm, lasers 600ish with 50% dark armor and he has some 100k hp I'd guess, but it's really not that hard.

He's also not the final boss of Ep3, not sure where that kinda thing started, he's more like the Zio of Ep3. Chapter 6 is still to come and 7-8 are still unreleased on JP.

Arika
Aug 24, 2008, 01:46 AM
Well, So I guess 190 is what I misremember from 160

but people say that he is not as strong as the old day 160 anymore(although with the same lv ? o,o) so it is status nerf then?
Have you compared that before?
(I have never played the old version of him, but the new lv 160 isn't much hard at all..)
I don't have time to tried that myself tho. Since JP story mission is even worse than US when it is so hard to read.

Ceresa
Aug 24, 2008, 01:51 AM
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2399998

That is 2/22 upload date (mission release 2/21), 160 hauzer, his damage intake is nearly identical to mine from current fights.

Arika
Aug 24, 2008, 01:55 AM
But you are much stronger now right? equipment change from 2/22? (6 months already)
if the damage is identical, then it is meaning that he is nerf?
(I wish I did fight him in the past)

Ceresa
Aug 24, 2008, 02:00 AM
When I fought him "recently" (2 months ago) was after I hadn't played for 6 months and was lvl 123 MF4 with 1400 hp, and like lvl 32 diga, 46 dark bajisenba, so no I was similar strength to when it first came out. (well weaker really since I would have been FT with more hp back then...)

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 24, 2008, 02:53 AM
So as of right now that boss is lvl 160 on A on JP servers?

Arika
Aug 24, 2008, 03:05 AM
So as of right now that boss is lvl 160 on A on JP servers?
correct.

ErtaiClou
Aug 24, 2008, 03:10 AM
I like how the side locked rooms can produce nanopolymer and ortapolymer on C rank. Haven't seen any metapolymer though, and I thought we were on Moatoob. Sounds like a connection with orta boxes in b2 of Desert Goliath. XD

MaximusLight
Aug 24, 2008, 03:12 AM
True, it is lv 160 there.
Either this is the another bug we get or ST just put it this way to show that our server contain more noob <_<;

That thought makes me sad as well...

LLSmoothJ
Aug 24, 2008, 03:50 AM
..Did you look at the picture I posted? That was him! :disapprove:

All it showed was a picture with the link "www.testedich.de"

lanvandam
Aug 24, 2008, 06:47 AM
i got a question PM PLEASE

i beat both of the new story missions and received and S ranking at the end.

i recieved a partner card but its not on my list and i only have 190 friends so i dont understand y i did not recieve the partner card did this happen to anyone else

landman
Aug 24, 2008, 07:13 AM
They made a second maintenance yesterday to fix this, didn't they? I have the card, but I'm in 360

I'm glad my second character didn't follow the Lou subplot in chapter 4, because in chapter 5 you can't decide to see the good or the bad ending after unlocking it, and I think the bad ending is quite good (specially those shenmue moments lol)

Arika
Aug 24, 2008, 09:03 AM
They made a second maintenance yesterday to fix this, didn't they? I have the card, but I'm in 360

I'm glad my second character didn't follow the Lou subplot in chapter 4, because in chapter 5 you can't decide to see the good or the bad ending after unlocking it, and I think the bad ending is quite good (specially those shenmue moments lol)

DIdn't they do the emergency maintenance to fix the lv 160-> lv 89 ? :-P
(hope not)

Kinako78
Aug 24, 2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah, Episode 3's story has yet to disappoint me. Even though I think of Howzer as an Ansom from Kingdom Hearts knock-off. How many times did he say something like return to darkness? IMAO.

Can't wait for Chapter 6 to come out. By the way, as for the subplot, what is the requirments to S rank "Will of Light 2" on C rank?

Heh, that's what I thought with all the floating around and stuff. Glad I'm not the only one who thought that about Howzer.

landman
Aug 28, 2008, 05:38 AM
How can Ethan (the HERO!!) and Nav (the Strongest person in the whole game!!) be captured alive specially when their fate in case of failure is to be nuked by the military alliance??? -.-

I can't understand that we (with Leo and Tonnio) made zeros to Nav when he was infected and now we are stronger than Houzer who is apparently stronger than Ethan AND Nav...

Arika
Aug 28, 2008, 05:51 AM
How can Ethan (the HERO!!) and Nav (the Strongest person in the whole game!!) be captured alive specially when their fate in case of failure is to be nuked by the military alliance??? -.-

I can't understand that we (with Leo and Tonnio) made zeros to Nav when he was infected and now we are stronger than Houzer who is apparently stronger than Ethan AND Nav...
No, Ethan and Nav didn't lose to Howzer. the one that captured them are mass product magashi. There were too many of them that keep coming, so Ethan and Nav lost to that endless fight.

landman
Aug 28, 2008, 06:11 AM
Bah, I'm disappointed they can't deal with some Magashity-chan xD, as I say their fate is supposed to be death in case of failure... they should fight to the end...

thematesV2
Aug 28, 2008, 10:13 AM
i'm seriously hoping that after playing and unlocking all the sub-missions, that they will lead to more game expanding options (example: creature part weaps from submissions in PSO) than just different cut scenes.

the different cut scenes are cool, once, but then... i guess we'll just have to wait till the next sets of missions come out..

Andy1423
Aug 28, 2008, 10:37 AM
Somehow I fucking knew this game was going to end with a lame-ass fight with Dark Falz, but that's the way it goes. At least the fight with Howzer was fucking badass. And as soon as I find the stupid JP players who whined about him being "too hard," they're getting stabbed in the eyes. That fight had serious potential.

you mean the same way everytime you start a story mission it plays that lame @ss intro everytime. lol

Tyreek
Aug 28, 2008, 11:43 AM
Who the hell hijacked my thread?! 0_o;

landman
Aug 28, 2008, 07:14 PM
i'm seriously hoping that after playing and unlocking all the sub-missions, that they will lead to more game expanding options (example: creature part weaps from submissions in PSO) than just different cut scenes.

the different cut scenes are cool, once, but then... i guess we'll just have to wait till the next sets of missions come out..
You will provably receive Orson Partner Card lol

Chuck_Norris
Aug 28, 2008, 09:19 PM
All it showed was a picture with the link "www.testedich.de"

Well...fuck, lol.

It's showing up as a picture of Ansem on my screen.