PDA

View Full Version : question about GBR order

Pindar
Aug 24, 2008, 04:55 PM
OK, random dude last night kept insisting that the (Neudaiz) GBR has to be done in a certain *order*, so that it "builds properly", but I can't seem to find anything to back that up. My understanding is that the order doesn't matter, as long as you've got at least X # of points in each of the 5 missions. Is random dude right? I don't see why he would be.. it doesn't really make sense to me.. ("builds properly"???) but what the hey, I thought I'd ask y'all just to be sure.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 24, 2008, 05:03 PM
As far as I know, he's wrong. You just need the points to be even. Order doesn't matter.

Genoa
Aug 24, 2008, 11:44 PM
It matters not what order you decide to do the missions in.
It's simply your lowest stat will determine your boost. If you have 155 in four of them but only 75 in one, you're boost will only be 45%.
However, the order you should follow for random parties (because... this is the order random parties go in)
(start doesn't matter, just the pattern)
Sacred Stream > White Beast (get luck from luck lady after if you want and restock, go back to city) > Hill of Spores, Dancing Birds, Flowery Pursuit, (return to city, rinse and repeat)
And please... if you're going to leave after a run... stick around and wait to see if you get Phantom Fissure. or don't... 3 times today we had people leave as we got Fissure... more rares for me :)

Chuck_Norris
Aug 24, 2008, 11:45 PM
It's simply your lowest stat will determine your boost. If you have 155 in four of them but only 75 in one, you're boost will only be 45%.

Oh yeah? My mistake. Listen to this guy. :wacko:

Namine
Aug 25, 2008, 12:44 AM
I think the 'order' that they are referring to is Hill of Spores>Dancing Birds>Flowery Pursuit>Sacred Stream>White Beast.

The reason for this is because if you do the missions in that order, you end in the lobby for the next mission in that order.

Darius_Drake
Aug 25, 2008, 09:32 AM
^^ Yeah, this. It is not necessary for the boost, just easier.

DarkEliteRico
Aug 25, 2008, 09:34 AM
Honestly i am glad the slowdown istn't that bad with sacred stream, it was much worse in my memory. Out of all the missions i've done i've currently only had to reboot twice. Thank goodness.

Neith
Aug 25, 2008, 10:23 AM
Sacred Stream > White Beast (get luck from luck lady after if you want and restock, go back to city) > Hill of Spores, Dancing Birds, Flowery Pursuit, (return to city, rinse and repeat)

That's one way to do it. Alternatively:
Hill of Spores > Dancing Birds > Flowery Pursuit > Sacred Stream > White Beast. I think that's the order you're 'meant' to do it in, but either works.

Regarding the 'GBR order', it doesn't matter which order you do the missions in. Your droprate boost will be determined by the mission you have the lowest points in. As long as you don't spent until Sept 26th doing White Beast, your droprate will increase if you play all the GBR missions.