PDA

View Full Version : Masterforce Whats the point?

buzyb77
Aug 24, 2008, 05:04 PM
I was looking at the Stats for me a as a male Newman on the stat caculater..and found ot if I was to become one I would become even more a paper bag than I am now

What I know I will get is a Faster Cast and Lvl 50 attack spells and gimped 10 support spells with a Forced all stuff I use it to be S rank.. So what is the point?

RedRaz0r
Aug 24, 2008, 05:14 PM
With lvl 50 techs, high grinded 12* weapons, and faster casting speed, why would you need anything else? If it's too pure of a class for you then stay fortetecher

Kumlekar
Aug 24, 2008, 05:17 PM
requires you to learn to play a techer perfectly. its a high speed high intensity class, if you want to solo play somethign else.

buzyb77
Aug 24, 2008, 05:22 PM
yah but HP is lower Tech is Lower and mst is lower as well with all the stats lower again I don't see the point also the Word Master would imply that the Support would be like 50 sa well but it's not it's 10..

Oh and as far as my tech skills go.. trust me I am in the top 5% of techers...as I have played often wither others on my main and other jobs

Kizeragi
Aug 24, 2008, 05:26 PM
Oh and as far as my tech skills go.. trust me I am in the top 5% of techers...as I have played often wither others on my main and other jobs

Lmao. Why do you rate yourself? PSU is a casual game.

Masterforce at Level 20 and TECH's at Level 50 is stronger than FT 20 with TECH's at 40. Trust me.

str898mustang
Aug 24, 2008, 05:42 PM
Reasons for Masterforce:
lvl50 Techs
Faster Casting
More DPS than a fT
No longer have to babysit, straight up nuking.

Also who the hell cares about lvl10 support? Just use a Megataride.

pizzagirl
Aug 24, 2008, 05:43 PM
yah but HP is lower Tech is Lower and mst is lower as well with all the stats lower again I don't see the point also the Word Master would imply that the Support would be like 50 sa well but it's not it's 10..
Masterforce = Mastertecher. Misleading, I know.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 24, 2008, 05:52 PM

Yes you're like #1

mmmhmmm

Aries2384
Aug 24, 2008, 06:52 PM
The "point" to the Masterforce class is that Masterforce creates and completes the extremes for the techer classes. What I mean by that.. Is.. If you want to Support, you play Acrotecher. If you want to Nuke the hell out of stuff and have a damn good excuse not to throw out supports, be a Masterforce. If you want the middle ground, all around good techer class, go Fortetecher. Its just that simple. Capiche? And tell me OP.. do you rate yourself "top 5 % of techers" because "zomg my techs are all 40 and ai have 10/10 everything!" if so.. i call you an idiot. The Materials do not become the techer my friend. They help. But they arent everything. For instance.. knowing how to use the best techs for the situation and oh yeah..not using Ground on Ground enemies.. just for an example. Arrogant moron.

trust_kill
Aug 24, 2008, 07:24 PM
Enjoy getting one shot.

toxic_rf
Aug 24, 2008, 07:42 PM
The increase in casting speed alone is what I'm looking forward to most, call me crazy!

Having played Acrotecher for a long time I was so used to firing Techs off so fast, I miss it. I mean, I'm used to playing a Fortetecher again now, but when I first switched back to FT I kept thinking my Har / Quick had fallen off or something.

buzyb77
Aug 24, 2008, 07:48 PM
The "point" to the Masterforce class is that Masterforce creates and completes the extremes for the techer classes. What I mean by that.. Is.. If you want to Support, you play Acrotecher. If you want to Nuke the hell out of stuff and have a damn good excuse not to throw out supports, be a Masterforce. If you want the middle ground, all around good techer class, go Fortetecher. Its just that simple. Capiche? And tell me OP.. do you rate yourself "top 5 % of techers" because "zomg my techs are all 40 and ai have 10/10 everything!" if so.. i call you an idiot. The Materials do not become the techer my friend. They help. But they arent everything. For instance.. knowing how to use the best techs for the situation and oh yeah..not using Ground on Ground enemies.. just for an example. Arrogant moron.

Why do I rate myself in the top 5% well lets breake it down for you little one If some needs a heal I try to give them one unless they are out of range I do my best to do damage with what ever rods or spells I have Equiped , I no none of my rods are 10/10 but I would like to have at least 1, I also give buffs as often as I cant to help other with the damage and all of my skills are maxed just the ones I like.

Now little one to Contast with most the Techers I have met recenly They don't heal spam some skill they are working on, tell me to pop mates and use scapes as the pick up Booma Claws, Green Photons, and then when I look at the Skill of the techer their Buffs if they have them are like 6 or 7, the Resta is not there, the Giresta is like 14 but yet the never use it, the die and have no scapes yet expect you to have yours, oh and before big boss battles they Dump their inventory of moons, mates and all other stuff. oh and they ill not use a Sol Atomiser or it like to reverse any stat problem the have nor will they use mate.....

.Sorry 50% of all techers just suck, 40% are marganal, 9% are good and 1% at most are Superb

For proof look how many people Thank techer for doing their jobs even just a little... Yet no one thanks a Melee for hitting a mob every time they hit it yet every time I am on my Main as a Techer an I heal or give Buffs in a public party Thanks I keep hearing thanks all the time

so Little one it is my skill in playing not my Equipment nor my skills..

nooblet
Aug 24, 2008, 07:49 PM
my techer character is going masterforce (even though all my gear is gona be pretty low) , for 1 reason simply because im a bit tired of babystitting people. this is the same for almost all mmos i played where if you have a certain spell, people have this assumption that you must take care of them for every little thing.

I know there are certain things require of the job but for other minor things for example ffxi sneak/invis mages have it but people in the pt are too cheap to get their own. think its require of the mages to keep them sneak/invis.

unicorn
Aug 24, 2008, 08:01 PM
My only gripe about MF is...teching classes aren't for DPS at all. You want big numbers? Go FM or GM. Even as a Newman, you'd be better off playing those classes.

MF for me is only for fun and difficulty.

That being said, who the f*** would want an MF in their party for speed runs? -_-;

RedRaz0r
Aug 24, 2008, 08:10 PM
Why do I rate myself in the top 5% well lets breake it down for you little one If some needs a heal I try to give them one unless they are out of range I do my best to do damage with what ever rods or spells I have Equiped , I no none of my rods are 10/10 but I would like to have at least 1, I also give buffs as often as I cant to help other with the damage and all of my skills are maxed just the ones I like.

Now little one to Contast with most the Techers I have met recenly They don't heal spam some skill they are working on, tell me to pop mates and use scapes as the pick up Booma Claws, Green Photons, and then when I look at the Skill of the techer their Buffs if they have them are like 6 or 7, the Resta is not there, the Giresta is like 14 but yet the never use it, the die and have no scapes yet expect you to have yours, oh and before big boss battles they Dump their inventory of moons, mates and all other stuff. oh and they ill not use a Sol Atomiser or it like to reverse any stat problem the have nor will they use mate.....

.Sorry 50% of all techers just suck, 40% are marganal, 9% are good and 1% at most are Superb

For proof look how many people Thank techer for doing their jobs even just a little... Yet no one thanks a Melee for hitting a mob every time they hit it yet every time I am on my Main as a Techer an I heal or give Buffs in a public party Thanks I keep hearing thanks all the time

You cant spell or speak english, and if you think masterforce has no point then you are not a good techer.

buzyb77
Aug 24, 2008, 09:02 PM
You cant spell or speak english, and if you think masterforce has no point then you are not a good techer.

When the hell little one this the fourms ever become a Speak & Spell and English lesson?

oh and if someone is a Master Driver does that mean they don't know how to break well just turn and stomp on the gas real well?

Kumlekar
Aug 24, 2008, 09:02 PM
Enjoy getting one shot.

Actually thats a good point, a Masterforce might get one shot, but a GOOD master force won't be hit. A combination of higher skill and lv 50 techs is supposed to prevent that.

Why should all techers have to heal? just because they don't it doesn't mean they're any worse. Now if they're AT or GT and don't heal there might be som issues, but its not necessarily an FT's job.

Now little one to Contast with most the Techers I have met recenly They don't heal spam some skill they are working on, tell me to pop mates and use scapes as the pick up Booma Claws, Green Photons,
This is an argument about teching, what do drops have to do with it?

and then when I look at the Skill of the techer their Buffs if they have them are like 6 or 7, the Resta is not there, the Giresta is like 14 but yet the never use it, the die and have no scapes yet expect you to have yours, oh and before big boss battles they Dump their inventory of moons, mates and all other stuff. oh and they ill not use a Sol Atomiser or it like to reverse any stat problem the have nor will they use mate.....
Most of those are problems with general population of PSU, not just Techers, and again, says nothign about their ability to play the class.

I will continue to thank an FT for heals, it is not their job unless they want it to be. I often two-man sakura with a friend whose FT, and I NEVER expect him to heal me. If I get in over my head its my fault, not his.

You are requiring all techers to use you play style, thats just arrogance. Some of us prefer not to play a class that does everything. Fortetecher was orgianally designed as a strong offensive tech class. Now masterforce is taking that to an extreme, making FT the middle of the road. PSU is not a game that requires a constant healer, unlike competitive or high pressure MMO's such as Guild Wars. Even so, the same holds true. I would not get mad at a monk for playing a smite bar I will only get mad if he is incompetent at it. The same way, I will not get mad at an FT for not even having buffs or healing on his staves, I will only get mad if he cannot use what he does have.

Inazuma
Aug 24, 2008, 09:27 PM
masterforce is better than fortechter. if you wanna stay in the top 5% for forces, you will need to make the switch or else you will drop down to the bottom 5%.

Kumlekar
Aug 24, 2008, 10:08 PM
masterforce is better than fortechter. if you wanna stay in the top 5% for forces, you will need to make the switch or else you will drop down to the bottom 5%.

Ug when will people stop seeing this as a "One is better than" issue. Its two different play styles, end of story.

Kairi_Li
Aug 24, 2008, 10:23 PM
Because people will always wanna justify that the class they have chosen is better, when people don't realise in life, people choose things that they prefer or like, and not because its nessacarily better.

If people wanna just nuke, be a Masterforce.

If you like healing and supporting a group, be a acrotecher like I did with my Newman.

If you want balance between the two, pick fortetecher.

Please don't go around expecting every techer class to be doing all the healing, everyone chose their class to do different things. At the same time if the entire group is dying, some people who can heal might wanna thrown down a healing spell or two sometimes. But I don't believe that all techers should immediatly become the white mage of the group just because they can use techs.

Shinko
Aug 24, 2008, 10:38 PM
I been reading some of this and here i am again wanting to add my 2 cents.

Off topic - Ok if i right i think kumlekar said it's not really an FT job to heal... no just no. Unless ur Masterforce it's all techs jobs to heal. Not as much as others (like AT since thats there main job) but all techers should at least heal at times or when the see its really needed.
But this is job what i think.

Also busyb77... so u say ur at the top when it comes to techers. hm... who knows that maybe true when it come to needing a techer to relay on. I have to say you're somewhat right when you say that's not that many RELIABLE techers that keep the party save and still holds his/her own. BUT you have to realize that some ppl play there techer types different. Yea you have the sucky one but then you have the ones who are good but just play oddly different. (ex. - an arco who use mainly melee and support techs) now this guy didn't play like any other techers i been around but i tell you he made sure his party was buffed recovered and the enemies debuff. So just think about that when you try to say most suck or how techers should play.

On Topic - ok well i feel the same as you do when it comes to this. but i guess the main point is really fast casting and EVEN BIGGER spells. for techers who really just like attacking spells and dont really care much for support ones this is perfect for them.

though me personally i still think fortetecher is better but thats just me. i wouldn't say don't add it because i'm not to fond of it.

Genoa
Aug 24, 2008, 11:10 PM
These Master Classes have increased attack speeds for melee, guns, and casting. The stats of the master classes aren't what most people are expecting, comparing them to the Forte classes.
The Forte classes have the slight advantage statistically because they won't be receiving any kind of attack speed bonus. Forte is also limited to lvl.40 (soon 40 support techs for FT). However, the master classes will gain lvl.50 PA's for the loss of versatility.
Cons:
-FM will not have any excess to anything but 4 Melee weapons
-GM will not have any excess to anything but 4 Ranged weapons
-FT will not have any excess to anything but Tech weapons
-No versatility
-No racial bonus' (is where it hurts a bit, but good for some... like Beast GM :D )
-Lower stats comparatively than the Fortes (not all that much lower though...)
-Can only equip S-rank weapons and Armor (any rank units)
-PP Consumption for FM increased +30%, +20% for GM and MF
-Does not receive increased PP regeneration for specified weaponry
-FM and GM have a very limited Trap availability (at least FM can use traps I suppose)
Pros:
Increased Attack Speeds in their corresponding category
Exclusive access to lvl.50 Attack PA's

It may seem the Cons out-way the Pro's, but I see these Master classes being a lot of fun, and VERY different from all the other jobs. Yet, I find that the other jobs will still give the master classes a good run for their money.

Might not seem like "Master" to many, but the idea of exclusive lvl.50 Attack PA's and increased attack speeds seems pretty interesting.

But don't expect these classes to put all the other ones to shame. You have to remember their PP is going to hurt them so bad. PP regained is not an increased amount for the type of weapon they master in, and they use a LOT more PP per PA. Forte stats are still a little better for the most part. You have versatility in your weapon selection, even as a Forte. You have your PT EX traps, AT's will have lvl.50 Support :D, WT will receive lvl.30 Support, GT will receive lvl.30 Attack, FT will receive lvl.40 Support.
Plenty of reasons to have a difficult time picking what you want to play as.
... I'm more curious as to how Acromaster will play into all this.

buzyb77
Aug 24, 2008, 11:14 PM
Orly? Would you like a penis enlargement to go with that status?

Please Don't reference Extenze .. or any othe infomercial... it's bad enough that I have to watch them at work.. because it my job.... What evenworse is when "Clense" infomercial is followed by "Feed the Childern" and after that is the Extenze infomercial....what mixed up message does that send

also on the Masterforce deal... I still don't see a must have for this job as I then to Spam alot of spells... 5 k+ refills Joy... But most Master Jobs Stats seem to be more in most areas over the other jobs in the Master Class but the Masterforce seem to be less

as Far as the Acrotecher if that player Buffs the group and debuffs the mobs while fighting that great.. even if the people had to pop a mate or two... the techer was carring their weight in the party.

But in the recent event with 4k+ health on my beast I could get 1 shot with Fire and as a 140 AT and FT i could still get 1shot on that job as well... to me that just not fair...as far as gameplay gose because even in vids that I have seen on MasterForce have I ever seen them shoot any spell as fast or as hard as the machine gunspitting casters

Sorry while the Spelles do look increadbly cool at 41+... it seems you still can and will die easier

Genoa
Aug 24, 2008, 11:24 PM
But in the recent event with 4k+ health on my beast I could get 1 shot with Fire and as a 140 AT and FT i could still get 1shot on that job as well... to me that just not fair...as far as gameplay gose because even in vids that I have seen on MasterForce have I ever seen them shoot any spell as fast or as hard as the machine gunspitting casters

Sorry while the Spelles do look increadbly cool at 41+... it seems you still can and will die easier

If they gave MF more HP than FT, the only real advantage FT would have is their use in ranged weaponry and slightly higher TP, MST, and EVP (which the TP is overlooked due to lvl.50 doing more than lvl.40 when both compared at same char lvl., class lvl., and race)
Despite the newman bonus for FT, the MF will still do more in techs because of lvl.50 and increased casting speeds (which is huge for Rod casting)
FT should have more HP, seems to make sense. If one job is extremely offensive and limited in weaponry, the reflecting job should be more versatile and defensive.

MF is really for people who just want to nuke. Most people are use to hearing Force or Techer and automatically assuming "ok... this person is going to support the party" but MF is going to be like "ok... this is kind of like a fighter class... they're not going to give a damn about supporting the party, and their going to blow this place to hell and back"
Which, as a MF, is what I'd be doing. Because lvl.10 Support is extremely weak (more for range than it is ability to heal and support). So I see mates ACTUALLY being used for MF and steroids for sure.

Of course, I'm also extremely looking foward to AT's lvl.50 Support :)

Genoa
Aug 25, 2008, 12:05 AM
... yeah, I like where this thread is going as well <___>
I think buzbyb77 said it just right, but the perception of the master class that sega intends was not.
Master FIGHTER means he's only the master at knowing how to use melee. No ranged at all, lvl.50 Skills and that's it.
I understand where Master FORCE would be less understandable "i'm a master at force... but I can't heal worth a damn"
But I wouldn't expect segac to call the class Master Attack Techer (MAT??? no sir...)

Seority
Aug 25, 2008, 03:05 AM
I found my new wallpaper!
-adds- ;)

I just hope Sega won't listen to the whining nubs and make master classes broken. I think they are perfect the way they are. They are here with special purposes but still make the other classes fun and reasonable to play. Yay varity then over-powered "best" class!

Pindar
Aug 25, 2008, 05:37 AM
what's this "top 5%" garbage? Where did those statistics come from? Seriously, PSU is easy enough as it is.. as far as the whole Techer-Obligation-To-Heal thing, who freakin' cares? Everyone can carry 20 goddam trimates and 10 star atomizers. As long as you're in the "top", I dunno, "70%" or so, that should be enough to take care of yourself, and help everyone else out often enough, too. I'm siding with the "Techers aren't your babysitters" scene. Taking it a bit further, I get sick of the "play your role" crap, too. As long as you're competent at the frickin' game, it really doesn't matter if you're perfectly nailing whatever *my* idea of your "role" might be. Huh, maybe I'm not teh hardcorez enough, but whatever, I actually play the game to have fun, meet nice people, mess around with weapons.. bleaah. Yeah, I'm happy here in the minority.

And the master classes totally make sense. If MasterForce sounds pointless to you, then you've got a certain set of priorities. Yay, you're an individual! Coolcool.

Peace, Gs.

Kumlekar
Aug 25, 2008, 02:16 PM
I been reading some of this and here i am again wanting to add my 2 cents.

Off topic - Ok if i right i think kumlekar said it's not really an FT job to heal... no just no. Unless ur Masterforce it's all techs jobs to heal. Not as much as others (like AT since thats there main job) but all techers should at least heal at times or when the see its really needed.
But this is job what i think.

I was saing it is not necessarily an FT's job to heal right now. Currently masterforce is not out, therefore if someone wants to use that play style FT is the class to do it with.

what's this "top 5%" garbage? Where did those statistics come from? Seriously, PSU is easy enough as it is.. as far as the whole Techer-Obligation-To-Heal thing, who freakin' cares? Everyone can carry 20 goddam trimates and 10 star atomizers. As long as you're in the "top", I dunno, "70%" or so, that should be enough to take care of yourself, and help everyone else out often enough, too. I'm siding with the "Techers aren't your babysitters" scene. Taking it a bit further, I get sick of the "play your role" crap, too. As long as you're competent at the frickin' game, it really doesn't matter if you're perfectly nailing whatever *my* idea of your "role" might be. Huh, maybe I'm not teh hardcorez enough, but whatever, I actually play the game to have fun, meet nice people, mess around with weapons.. bleaah. Yeah, I'm happy here in the minority.

And the master classes totally make sense. If MasterForce sounds pointless to you, then you've got a certain set of priorities. Yay, you're an individual! Coolcool.

Peace, Gs.

^ He said it better than I did ^

Inazuma
Aug 25, 2008, 02:39 PM
MF is better at support than you would think. yea you have to be close for resta but it still works.
regene on the other hand has some decent range on it. im usually the first person to heal SEs in a party, even when there are FTs or ATs present. FT might have bigger range but MF has instant access (madoog/wand compared to rod) plus fast cast, so can end up being the better type at support.

i also havent heard much about being able to heal your own SEs as MF. thanks to using madoog/wand a lot of the time, you can heal your own freeze/sleep/stun, etc. FT players usually are using rods b/c they are stronger, so they are a lot slower for healing.

you guys just have no idea what its like to play as MF. the power, speed and quick support is so nice. i was playing as FT a few months on an alt char and it felt so horrible. i felt so weak, slow and pathetic. couldnt wait to get that shit to lv 10 so i could put it behind me forever.

Saito S
Aug 26, 2008, 03:45 PM
MF is better at support than you would think. yea you have to be close for resta but it still works.
regene on the other hand has some decent range on it. im usually the first person to heal SEs in a party, even when there are FTs or ATs present. FT might have bigger range but MF has instant access (madoog/wand compared to rod) plus fast cast, so can end up being the better type at support.
You've made it quite clear through several posts that you feel Masterforce is far and away superior in every way to FT (and that the Master Types in general make all the Forte and Hybrid types completely obsolete), and while I'm not going to argue with you (again) on that general concept, I do have to take issue with what you're saying in this post.
MF being better at support than we thought they could be, due to the speed boost? Sure. Absolutely.
MF ultimately the "better type at support"? No way. It's not just range that you get for Resta and for buffs, it's power and length of buff time, respectively. Lots of people (including yourself) have made a big deal over how much those extra 10 levels for offensive techs help, how MF is way more powerful than FT because of lv. 50 techs vs lv. 40. You can't then turn around and completely brush aside the difference between lv. 40 support vs. lv. 10 support.

And one other thing:

i also havent heard much about being able to heal your own SEs as MF. thanks to using madoog/wand a lot of the time, you can heal your own freeze/sleep/stun, etc. FT players usually are using rods b/c they are stronger, so they are a lot slower for healing.
Uh... excuse me, but... heal your own freeze/sleep/stun? So... what, you uh... cast Reverser? While you're frozen? (Or asleep, or stunned, as the case may be). I think perhaps you needed to think that one through a little more.

Ceresa
Aug 26, 2008, 04:02 PM
Uh... excuse me, but... heal your own freeze/sleep/stun? So... what, you uh... cast Reverser? While you're frozen? (Or asleep, or stunned, as the case may be). I think perhaps you needed to think that one through a little more.

...sometimes you're in the middle of a cast and you know a hit is coming, Magas Maganna doing his ground slam that stuns everyone in range for instance. if you were in too close(say healing a hunter~), you know you were too close and can't get away, so you start reverser right as it hits, you get hit/stunned as the tech goes off which then cures you too. Apply to any situation with freeze/stun/sleep and basic knowledge of what enemy attacks cause them.

I would have thought this was common practice this late in the game's life.

Syl
Aug 26, 2008, 04:07 PM
...sometimes you're in the middle of a cast and you know a hit is coming, Magas Maganna doing his ground slam that stuns everyone in range for instance. if you were in too close(say healing a hunter~), you know you were too close and can't get away, so you start reverser right as it hits, you get hit/stunned as the tech goes off which then cures you too. Apply to any situation with freeze/stun/sleep and basic knowledge of what enemy attacks cause them.

I would have thought this was common practice this late in the game's life.

I do that often too, and it makes me laugh because it works. Pretty useful with Fakis' meteor too.

Inazuma
Aug 26, 2008, 04:08 PM
You've made it quite clear through several posts that you feel Masterforce is far and away superior in every way to FT (and that the Master Types in general make all the Forte and Hybrid types completely obsolete), and while I'm not going to argue with you (again) on that general concept, I do have to take issue with what you're saying in this post.
MF being better at support than we thought they could be, due to the speed boost? Sure. Absolutely.
MF ultimately the "better type at support"? No way. It's not just range that you get for Resta and for buffs, it's power and length of buff time, respectively. Lots of people (including yourself) have made a big deal over how much those extra 10 levels for offensive techs help, how MF is way more powerful than FT because of lv. 50 techs vs lv. 40. You can't then turn around and completely brush aside the difference between lv. 40 support vs. lv. 10 support.

And one other thing:

MF doesnt have buffs and thats a big disadvantage compared to FT. but as for resta and regene, pretty much the only difference is range. so if you are close enough, its the same end result. if someone gets frozen all the way across the room, FT will be able to heal em faster than MF running over to heal em, but if they are relatively close by, the MF will generally heal em faster. also, MF's resta doesnt recover as much HP but its enough to save someone's life.

yes, i do mean healing your own freeze/stun/sleep. as long as you can see the attack coming and are using madoog/wand, you should be able to start casting regene just before you get hit, so the tech actually comes out after you are hit. i do it all the time and its really fun to do. you can use resta in the same way to heal yourself rite after taking damage. basically if you dont have enough time to dodge the attack, use regene instead.

a few quick examples of what i mean:

if i see an ardite leap in the air to body slam me and i cant dodge in time, ill use regene so i dont get stunned.

those mages in white beast are annoying w/ their ice attacks, so i will use regene anytime i cant dodge em. barta or gibarta, you can see em coming in advance.

when mother brain swings or slams down w/ her small arms and i cant dodge in time, regene so you dont get stunned.

casting resta just before getting hit by alterazugougu's tail is a lifesaver b/c he hits you again w/ his tail after that.

you can use this trick to get past the freeze trap at the end of white beast by yourself. no need for others to hold down that button.

Para
Aug 26, 2008, 04:25 PM
I do that often too, and it makes me laugh because it works. Pretty useful with Fakis' meteor too.

I had always hoped you could revive oneself with a giresta ;( but it doesn't work after trying a few times lol

Saito S
Aug 26, 2008, 04:38 PM
Hmm, well that is a good point. Basically I saw what was written there and interpreted it literally, as "Get frozen, then heal!" which naturally made no sense. Didn't even occur to me that you might have been referring to casting pre-emptively. I don't mean I didn't know about doing so in general, cause I've done some of this before myself certainly, but in this particular thread, I just didn't think of that. Consider my criticism on that point retracted. ^^;

Syaoran_69
Aug 26, 2008, 05:52 PM
you can use this trick to get past the freeze trap at the end of white beast by yourself. no need for others to hold down that button.

If you walk slowly the freeze trap will just disappear, so you don't need another person regardless.

Inazuma
Aug 26, 2008, 05:56 PM
If you walk slowly the freeze trap will just disappear, so you don't need another person regardless.

really? i have never seen anyone do that before. thx for the tip.

unicorn
Aug 26, 2008, 06:31 PM
Masterforce does 20-30% more damage than FT with techs.

Okay, so that sounds like fun right? But you have to kinda...give up 500-700 hp and 500 EVP. Not to mention you lose 30 lvls of support, access to Bows and Cards, and some A-ranks.

Buuut atleast you can show off your elitism!

Oh wait, tech-display-nerf. Guess you can't do that either...

AweOfShe
Aug 26, 2008, 10:11 PM
But you have to kinda...give up 500-700 hp and 500 EVP.

I still don't find that an issue. But then again, I made a character with legs. :l

pikachief
Aug 26, 2008, 10:13 PM
Master Classes are for RAW DAMAGE.

Everything else is for.... everything else. Support, Variety, fun, those are for every other class. ^^

Dude the newman
Aug 27, 2008, 12:28 AM
I am taking my newman and making it a FIGHmaster ;-) :-o..lol

pikachief
Aug 27, 2008, 02:49 AM
I am taking my newman and making it a FIGHmaster ;-) :-o..lol

what a coincidence im making my beast a Masterforce >:D

NexGen
Aug 27, 2008, 10:23 AM
I am also making my beast a masterforce, and seeing that I too am in the top 99.9% of psu players, I figure that this would be a great way for me to get resta and reverser to 10 quickly.

While it may be difficult to be as skilled as I am, I assure you I will work hard to maintain my ranking as "the worst psu player ever - almost." Thank goodness for creawand+!

My name is NexGen and I approve of this message.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 27, 2008, 12:26 PM
MF gets the shaft when switching from FT. Kind of insults me have the weakest defense stats, and not even doing the highest damage. MF would be complete crap if it wasn't for the lv50 techs, believe me that's the only thing I'm drawn to. I probably won't be seen in that many parties with it.

Now from Fortegunner switching to Gunmaster, is like a hhuuuuuge step up unlike MF. This class is going kill its forte counterpart sooooo bad. All the Hardcore fortegunners are gifted to have a masterclass this sick. Thank God I have a gunner too, in case Masterforce doesn't get the job done.

I agree with the TC somewhat. Most force players out there are shit, they should just stick with their scrubby melee main.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 27, 2008, 12:33 PM
MF gets the shaft when switching from FT. Kind of insults me have the weakest defense stats, and not even doing the highest damage. MF when be complete crap if it wasn't for the lv50 techs, believe me that's the only thing I'm drawn to. I probably won't be seen in that many parties with it.

Now from Fortegunner switching to Gunmaster, is like a hhuuuuuge step up unlike MF. This class is going kill its forte counterpart sooooo bad. All the Hardcore fortegunners are gifted to have a masterclass this sick. Thank God I have a gunner too, in case Masterforce doesn't get the job done. :P

Just cause the numbers are smaller doesn't mean it's not the highest damage of any techer. MF rapidcasting with a TECH-Mag is around 2-3x faster than a FT using a Rod.

Inazuma
Aug 27, 2008, 12:48 PM
Just cause the numbers are smaller doesn't mean it's not the highest damage of any techer. MF rapidcasting with a TECH-Mag is around 2-3x faster than a FT using a Rod.

MF casts techs 22% faster than FT. so MF can cast razonde 122 times in the same time it takes FT to cast it 100 times.

shintaHakamashi
Aug 27, 2008, 12:53 PM
Lmao. Why do you rate yourself? PSU is a casual game.

Masterforce at Level 20 and TECH's at Level 50 is stronger than FT 20 with TECH's at 40. Trust me.

its weaker. go look at stats. maybe spells are strong but lol whats a spell without mst and tp?

MelanyKoura
Aug 27, 2008, 12:59 PM
So far all I can hear is complaining about lower overall endurance stats (HP, EVP, and the like) for Masterforce and the OP trying to claim they're one of the best techers in the game.

Really, anyone with half a brain can play a class good in PSU; it's not hard and it's certainly nothing like FFXI and WoW. Techers not having the ability to take more than two shots? ZOMG! GUESS WHAT!? YOU'RE PRETTY MUCH A FREAKING MAGE! You CAN'T tank so stop complaining like you're losing the ability to do so; you never had it.

And for anyone who may think in Final Fantasy terms for whatever reason (*waves hand*) I'll put the classes like this in terms of techers compared to mages...

Acrotecher = White Mage with a Black Mage sub. High healing, middle to low attack spell power
Fortecher = Red Mage with a White Mage sub. Higher spell attack power and middle to lower healing
Masterforce = Black Mage. Grats, you can cause the end of the world with your ZOMG lv. 50 techs!

And to the OP of the thread, don't gauge yourself, really. All it really proves is the fact that you have to stroke your e-p***s. I could be the best techer for all I know. I could be the worst too. Fact is, no one cares. They just play the game. If you really care that much, then I feel close to nothing for you, because I don't particularly care about who's the best or worst. I just know I can do a damn good job as a Female Newman Acrotecher and that's all I care for. Everyone else plays their own way by their choice. You measuring their performance according to yours IS arrogance, as someone above said. It's not your place to do so. You can, however, politely suggest that the newbie techer do something that may have more of an effect.

And now...

-unfolds a lawn chair, grabs a bag of popcorn and waits for more arguing to commence-

I shall watch how much longer people comment on this now that I've said my two percent. :D

ashley50
Aug 27, 2008, 01:38 PM
its weaker. go look at stats. maybe spells are strong but lol whats a spell without mst and tp?

Have you EVEN played MF yet?...my guess is no.

str898mustang
Aug 27, 2008, 02:00 PM

You seriously need to look up DPS.

Inazuma
Aug 27, 2008, 02:19 PM
i did a dps comparison a while back
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147736

and here is a recent run of the thx festa mission w/ 2 MFs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1121fkoTNsE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w-yhmlIfoQ

beatrixkiddo
Aug 27, 2008, 02:26 PM
MF casts techs 22% faster than FT. so MF can cast razonde 122 times in the same time it takes FT to cast it 100 times.

Well you probably meant both using same wep type for that. I meant MF TECH-Mag vs FT Rod, since FTs love that rod boost dmg :P

Triple_S
Aug 27, 2008, 02:46 PM
Wow. Masterforce is really looking to be pretty damned awesome. It's almost too bad that I'm not a techer-type PSU player. Closest class to a techer I'd play would be a Wartecher or Acrotecher.

Furches
Aug 28, 2008, 12:31 AM
Who cares about the lower DPS or TP, honestly, the speed increase should prevent a Decent MF from being hit, and it also means they can do more damage, even though due to the fact that they are a bit weaker in TP. The way i see it is if you can cast more than the other classes in the same amount of time you are still gonna do more damage that the FT.

Ogni-XR21
Aug 28, 2008, 02:59 AM
Wow, this thread is really bad... let me participate in showing of my e-genital.

I was told at least 3 times in the last 2 weeks that I'm the best force (the respective) groups have ever played with! EAT THIS OP!!1!!11!

Now I feel great, I was showing off my über-skills on the internet!

Chronosv2
Aug 28, 2008, 10:46 AM

Um... I hope you realize that MST is your TECHNIC defense, right? TP is the only stat used in determining the attack force of a tech.

But back on-topic:
While I can see the inherent disadvantages to MasterTecher/MasterForce/WhateverTheHeckItsGonnaBeCalled, the focus on attack (not to mention sped-up Rod casting, which is always a plus) will make them a valuable asset in combat. Besides, more often than not, there's an Acrotecher in the party anyway. And with my visual impairment (limited field-of-view: can't focus on action and HP bars at the same time), that means there's a better support caster than Vaera in the party. So the switch to pure attack kinda' works for me. Well, if someone can convince my character that it would be advantageous for her (in-character; I'm a roleplayer).

But that's just my opinion. I don't claim to be "correct" because "correct" is completely subjective based on the person reading this post.

thematesV2
Aug 28, 2008, 11:26 AM
But that's just my opinion. I don't claim to be "correct" because "correct" is completely subjective based on the person reading this post.

that is correct.

Weeaboolits
Aug 28, 2008, 12:27 PM
The point of masterforce is to be a purely offensive techer, the fact that is only has level 10 support is a blessing, not a curse, no one will expect you to buff or heal any more than wartecher is already.

Gen2000
Aug 29, 2008, 01:10 AM
Yeah, with techers classes all of them "have" to heal and buff. Yes you may not like to but you're expected too, that's just how it is.

I never thought that was fair for those who just wanted to completely nuke without the"guilt", so to speak, of not healing or buffing all or at least a majority of the time.

Fighters and Gunners can go all out fighting/shooting or play a hybrid version that could fight/shoot but also support. They had a choice. Fortetecher always feels like hybrid a class, if you don't heal or buff the whole party you're a "bad techer". FT has good AoE damage spells for mobs but don't really get to show it off because they gotta (or feel the need) stop to heal teammates everytime they take a hit. MF is what FT should have been imo.

Kumlekar
Aug 30, 2008, 06:23 PM
I am also making my beast a masterforce, and seeing that I too am in the top 99.9% of psu players, I figure that this would be a great way for me to get resta and reverser to 10 quickly.

While it may be difficult to be as skilled as I am, I assure you I will work hard to maintain my ranking as "the worst psu player ever - almost." Thank goodness for creawand+!

My name is NexGen and I approve of this message.

What scares me is that I'm not sure if your joking...