PDA

View Full Version : I have been inconvenienced!

BlackRose
Aug 25, 2008, 12:28 AM
Universe! I shake my fist at thee.

For tonight I have been conspired against by myriad foes; I find that even my own hand has not escaped stain. The wheels of time cannot be stopped, and the ever-propagated sine they form has eluded me. For I have missed my mark; the eve falls and yet I wake. Woe! What mark have I been besmirched with that I attract such malice? What ghostly evil shadows me, endlessly ethereal such that I am powerless to fight it? O stone, I envy you for your blissful rest! For the sleep which brings ignorance also banishes the worry for it, leaving only peace in wake. Curse ye twin-bladed sword, that provides me with wisdom to use and snatches away the will to use it...

...But anyway, I'm pissed. Six hours of lecture in the morning and another class starting, can't sleep a damn wink. Caught a cold over the weekend (WTF? A cold? It's AUGUST for chrissakes!) and it'll probably be Wednesday before I'm ship-shape again. Felt tired a little while ago, cleaned up and went to bed only to be struck by a groovy idea for a shirt (White solid tee, sew in a black spot front+back with thick red thread, leave a bunch of ends really long and hanging out. Cut the shirt 8 or 9 times radially from one hole to the other, sew back together with bad side out DAMMIT I'M SUPPOSED TO BE SLEEPING!!! but it's so cool...) and then figured out the next bit of a song I was working on earlier... next thing I know I'm wide awake. Not the best way to start my day (Why hello, midnight).

Not the first time this has happened either. Either I get up and write down whatever idea it was (usually it ends up being stupid anyway) or I lay around for an hour and invent myself to sleep (those are probably the good ones) in which case I forget whatever it was. My only hope is that one of these instances of enlightenment will provide me with the key to thinking during the day when I should be, instead of my current out-of-phase relationship with Life.

Bleh.

*shuts off rant-faucet*

Adriano
Aug 25, 2008, 12:52 AM
Ohai thar.

Shirt sounds awesome :B.
Interesting read....however
Lay off the shakespeare! :rant:

Seority
Aug 25, 2008, 02:20 AM
Niquil might help. :)

CelestialBlade
Aug 25, 2008, 08:46 AM
This is a fatal flaw of mine, too. Try meditation, that seems to calm my mind down really well. Relax every muscle in your body and think about absolutely nothing. Focus on that for a few minutes and your body and mind should be much more calm and sedated than they were before. Should be much easier to get to sleep then.

Awesome shirt idea, by the way XD

Leviathan
Aug 25, 2008, 05:30 PM
A cold in August? That happened to me before. It really does suck.
6 hours of lectures? D;
&I thought an hour in Algebra 2 was bad.

Requesting pic of shirt. :wacko:

AlexCraig
Aug 25, 2008, 06:53 PM
Ugh... I feel you. I got a cold of sorts myself. And right after I had chest congestion, too.

Kylie
Aug 25, 2008, 07:06 PM
When I can't sleep, I usually force myself up early. Show myself who's boss.

EphekZ
Aug 25, 2008, 10:40 PM
when I can't sleep I usually put on some calming music. Usually indie, soft rock etc. It stops my brain from thinking and I usually am able to fall asleep faster that way.

McLaughlin
Aug 26, 2008, 12:25 AM
I'm perpetually ill, so colds (and the flu) in the middle of summer is no stranger to me. When I can't sleep, I don't bother trying to. If I'm going to be awake, I might as well be doing something.