PDA

View Full Version : suprised by good party etiquette at Phantom Fissure

RufuSwho
Aug 25, 2008, 11:15 AM
So we get PF and the leader says "leave everything on the ground and we will pick it up at the end"

i'm skeptical at this point

then when we are done we go back through and pick up all the rares

i suppose i'm cynical for thinking that he would boot us all after the final room

anyway, well done sir. I tip my hat to you

good to see that not all XBOX random parties are selfish blackholes preparing to suck in what meager bit of sanity I still have

JAFO22000
Aug 25, 2008, 11:16 AM
Did the leader have rares set "in order"?

Did anything "good" drop?

DarkEliteRico
Aug 25, 2008, 11:20 AM
There are still some honorable people in game, still hate playing with more then 1-2 randoms if possible, but then the past few days I've added a few of them to my friends list because their teamwork rocked.

Kylie
Aug 25, 2008, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't like that either, but you can find decent people in 02. So, yeah..

RufuSwho
Aug 25, 2008, 11:26 AM
yes "set in order"

drops i can remember x3 gudda hon (down to <50k now), rabol lumirus (down to 700k now) and a Halarod. nothing very good, but he did not pause to look for the red / knight before picking up the final box drops, which is what i would expect if he was planning debuachery

anyhow, the hunt for R / K continues.. :D

not only was he a decent guy but he was 70000+, so fairly new and still not a douchbag

suprise!

DarkEliteRico
Aug 25, 2008, 11:32 AM
I'm still one of the few people I know who continues to use set in order no matter what. If it's a group of people who don't want specific items ie: vulcaline and so forth I'll politely ask them to not pick it up. If someone in my regular group is stocking up on items I'll give them away at the end.

Even with set in order sometimes screwing people over in my experience more people get shafted by random IMO

Cracka_J
Aug 25, 2008, 11:47 AM
Yeah, had similar experiences on PC/PS2 over the weekend. Quite a few good random parties out there doing GBR tours. We even hit fissures a few times with very minimal item calling (if any). So overall I was pretty happy. Didn't land anything special, but a couple hon and double agito boards. Was very impressed by the teamwork of quite a few people that I ran with, as it seems most people will do 1 cycle (of all 5 missions) before leaving a party.

I think we need more game situations like this. Not necessarily ones that boost drop rates or whatever, but missions that encourage players to play a set of games with a team instead of a 10-15 minute run and then leave. The Neudiaz GBR seems to promote good teamwork and player behavior, and I'm all for seeing future missions or events being in sequential sets like this. The missions are a good visual variety and have a good mix of monsters to keep players going at it, and the new drops, GBR bonus and PF are all just icing on the cake. Maybe future "mission spotlights" or such can evolve to such a format to get more players interested and promote good teamwork, while meeting new players. Who knows.

JAFO22000
Aug 25, 2008, 12:20 PM
What was the point of "set in order" if nothing was picked up until the end? What a waste of time to have to go back and pick them up. I bet if a Red/Knight were in those end boxes, you would've had a different outlook on this guy.

Cracka_J
Aug 25, 2008, 12:31 PM
What was the point of "set in order" if nothing was picked up until the end? What a waste of time to have to go back and pick them up. I bet if a Red/Knight were in those end boxes, you would've had a different outlook on this guy.

Yeah, while I stand by my post that I had some good games this weekend, the initial post still seems like a scam. Everything could have just as easily been picked up along the way, in order, with even distribution. Unless they were only picking up certain items to be distributed...well even then, the unwanted drops could have been called from the start and avoided.

This comes across as a "lol nobody picks anything up then I get my red / knight on first drop, then everyone else picks up carp and they're happy" scam. I would try to avoid people calling silly rules like that in the future, as you may get burned by it instead of coming out ahead.

Zarode
Aug 25, 2008, 12:31 PM
Eh.

This honestly wouldn't be a problem if more people had good common sense. And, yeah know, weren't greedy on a video game.

But yes, congratulations you, for getting a decent party. It's a rare thing on 360, I would know. It's the reason why I quit the 360 version.

Andy1423
Aug 25, 2008, 01:04 PM
I'm still one of the few people I know who continues to use set in order no matter what. If it's a group of people who don't want specific items ie: vulcaline and so forth I'll politely ask them to not pick it up. If someone in my regular group is stocking up on items I'll give them away at the end.

Even with set in order sometimes screwing people over in my experience more people get shafted by random IMO

Im my experience with set-in order that 1 person allways forgets to not pick up junk until all decent items have been fairly spread in order. Too many times I've gotten screwed because of this. We used to do the honest mistake trade, where if you knowing accidently picked up something crappy, that person would trade the next item in the list with the one who got the poop pick-up.

The CORE problem is.....brothers and sisters....

is not that set in-order is bad when vulciline and omega acid's, and Booma claws are considered RARE!

Was anyone around when Scape doll [B]'s were rare.

This is why we have to do "set" little rules to be fair.

I just say F it and do random. For Phantom Fissure, set in order is more approriate cause you know that theirs rares dropping, and you know there's plenty to go around.

mvffin
Aug 25, 2008, 01:46 PM
every random party I've ran with at PF has always set in order, and doesn't pick up ryusaikanoh or other junk items. Basically, bullet save, hon, agito, and end box items are the only things we get.

I prefer items random for most missions(so I can pick up vulcaline, grinder bases, etc.),but order for rare ones.

Gunslinger-08
Aug 25, 2008, 02:26 PM
Funny, I thought set in-order assigned every rare drop to a person in a given order, regardless of whether or not it was picked up. Has it finally been proven otherwise?

RufuSwho
Aug 25, 2008, 02:33 PM
lol, how did this turn into a "set in order" vs. random" thread

i think its fair to say that the leader gets to choose... because, um, they do

and if you on't agree then make your own party, right?

thats why there are options availabe :)

Dealbreaker
Aug 25, 2008, 02:41 PM
Congrats on a good group. I havent been so lucky. I play with about 4 people most of the time. Those 4 dont play as much as me :( . So i have been running random and getting kick by whitebeast boss everytime. I dont understand why all the people keep me all the way through then boot at white beast..... I know everyone wants the senba but come on. Last night i was so mad i sent a message to the guy that booted me telling him to break his neck lol. Then i felt really bad when i noticed i sent it to the other guy that was booted with me lol. I just really need better people to play with :(

RufuSwho
Aug 25, 2008, 03:07 PM
bah, this IS really irritating

booted for rares *bleh*

I am all for SE implementing the whole "can't remove party members after the boss fight begins"

or at all in Phantom Fissure

try making your own party. it severly reduces the chances of you getting booted

DarkEliteRico
Aug 25, 2008, 03:11 PM
Funny, I thought set in-order assigned every rare drop to a person in a given order, regardless of whether or not it was picked up. Has it finally been proven otherwise?
Believe that was disproven a while ago but i could be wrong

bah, this IS really irritating

booted for rares *bleh*

I am all for SE implementing the whole "can't remove party members after the boss fight begins"
or at all in Phantom Fissure

try making your own party. it severly reduces the chances of you getting booted

That i don't agree with, i've had plenty of idiots join at the end of the mission in hopes to snag something good. If someone joins during the boss fight i either ask them to go back to lobby and wait till we're done or remove if they decline.

RegulusHikari
Aug 25, 2008, 05:32 PM
Forgive me, but I don't get it. How does inconveniencing the team to have to go back and pick up all the rares after the run has finished qualify 'good party etiquette'. :-?

RufuSwho
Aug 25, 2008, 05:48 PM
hmm to clarify.

we were told specifically what was acceptable to pick up

no ank dedda, no b'duki boa (sp?), so on

we did pick up the gudda hons when they dropped

the idea was if you wanted ank dedda or halarod you could just go get it when we were thru

also to ammend: it would be nice if people simply could not join during the boss battle. boss battle in progress" or something similar

Syaoran_69
Aug 25, 2008, 06:30 PM
I don't have trouble finding decent parties when I actually need them, but due the the fact that I rarely party with randoms and when I do I, or one of my close friends, are usually party leader we rarely have trouble with them.

The only exception to this is when none of my friends are online and I don't feel like soloing random runs.

pikachief
Aug 25, 2008, 06:39 PM
too many things on the ground the earlier items start to dissapear :)

we did this first then realized when we went back everything was gone lol

JTeebo
Aug 25, 2008, 10:35 PM
I wonder if it's like PSO, then. There could be up to 50 items on the ground, but once item 51 drops, the first one disappears (and so on).

Xefi
Aug 25, 2008, 10:56 PM
edit: forget it.

Namine
Aug 26, 2008, 04:41 AM
I wonder if it's like PSO, then. There could be up to 50 items on the ground, but once item 51 drops, the first one disappears (and so on).

Something like that can happen, I remember back during 1up, doing the extra mission on like C or B for a certain item(I don't remember what now), some of the items started to dissappear.

goldbrease
Aug 26, 2008, 04:47 AM
never seem items disappear the few times i joined a mission who was clear at the final room/charging at the boss door stations. everything was still on the ground. that or they picked up enough stuff that it didn't effect it.

thematesV2
Aug 26, 2008, 09:56 AM
that's usually a common way to save on processor and graphics card stress, by removing item A when Z is dropped. it would all depend on the amount of items you have on the block. I would assume since the drop rates can fluctuate highly, they would have to have a number like 100-300 items at any given time, so that things don't start dissapearing too often. also, larger blocks with more enemies will have more issues with this, if alot of stuff is dropping.

they could also have it set up per room, or per set of rooms, with a similar system to alot of FPS's Portals (I don't mean warps) so that any any given time, only the room, or set of rooms you are in are being processesed/rendered.

HyperShot-X-
Aug 26, 2008, 11:53 AM
i wuldnt recommend doing this leaving all rares on grund for pick up at the end, last time we did this all rares on the first 2 blocks were gone, maybe it was a bad memory corruption on party leader or something, it doesnt happn all the time, but..better safe than srry u know.. :/