PDA

View Full Version : Has AotI been discontinued?

JTeebo
Aug 25, 2008, 04:11 PM
When I first bought AotI for PC a few weeks ago I remember the guy at EB Games saying they didn't have it because it had been discontinued, but I found one at another EB Games store, so I didn't think much of it.

But today I looked in six or seven different stores for AotI for PS2 (my computer can only handle it on the lowest graphics settings) and I can't find it anywhere.

Makes me glad I found it for PC, because that may have been the last version available in my area.

Any thoughts? I thought it was only released last year. I'm only asking because the guy at EB Games had never heard of it, so I'm hoping he may have been wrong.

I live in Canada, if that makes a difference.

Saligun
Aug 25, 2008, 07:27 PM
There are copies to be found out there but you may need to consider getting a used copy since new ones can be abit hard to find,try Ebay or you can seach around for places on the net that might still have some unopened copies.

Indica
Aug 25, 2008, 07:31 PM
You'd think if Sega wants more customers to join our dying PC/PS2 Servers they make sure stores are selling the game.

Whoever is in charge of marketing needs to be shot in the face. You can download the game for free off Usenet along with 10 Billion other things that no government in the world can control.

Kylie
Aug 25, 2008, 07:37 PM
PSU and its expansion flopped, and stores don't want to bother getting it. You can find it online, but it's more expensive than it was at release because few people sell it. :lol: Makes me pray that my disc doesn't break. :(

AlexCraig
Aug 25, 2008, 07:38 PM
Funny. I was just at EB games less than an hour ago, and I saw both PSU and AOTI there for PS2.

ChaosAngelic
Aug 25, 2008, 07:39 PM
Heh... yeah, I've been looking for a PS2 copy, and I haven't been able to find one. The PC version seems to be pretty common...

EspioKaos
Aug 25, 2008, 07:44 PM
As far as "discontinued" goes (and for that matter, "delisted," another term you may hear from GS and EB employees), it means that the company's warehouses are not expecting to receive more new copies of the game from the supplier. This doesn't necessarily mean that a store will sell out and that'll be it, though. Regional stock balances regularly shift product around to different stores all over the place. They use this to optimize the sale of games, so titles that aren't selling well at one location may be shipped to another store where the customer base is more likely to purchase these titles. Also, even though an item is marked as discontinued, the warehouse (one or all of them) may still have a supply of the product to ship out. Of course, they're more likely to ship to stores where the game sold well.

JTeebo
Aug 25, 2008, 10:39 PM
Guess I'll stick to the PC version, because I don't think we'll be getting it any time soon around here. The guy at the cash looked at me like I had three heads when I bought it. But then, I think the same thing happened when I bought PSO for GC.

Go figure.

ForteGunnerW
Aug 26, 2008, 06:03 PM
Lol weird i went into EB games and there was none the guy said they came in new yesterday and all of them sold out?? i was like you sure?