PDA

View Full Version : PC JPN PSU player looking to return

NosZodd
Aug 26, 2008, 12:55 PM
Hello PSO. I used to play PSU when it was first released in Japan but around a year ago I stopped playing at level 50-ish. Illuminus wasn't even out by then.

The reason? Well, I've made bunch of Japanese friends over there, and playing and chatting with them was fun and all, but there was one slight problem. I live in NY, they live in Japan. There is a thirteen hour time difference between the two places... So whenever I log on during the day, my online friends were almost always never around. The only time I could really meet them is early in the day, which I spend working. Even if I get lucky and see them right after logging on, they are usually finishing up whatever they were doing before going to sleep/work. They were near their level cap at the time so they were playing less and less as well. I didn't want to play by myself 80% of the time, so I stopped playing.

Now that I'm hearing great things about both Illuminuis and PSU Portable, I'm looking to return to PSU. So I have a question. You probably can't do this, but I want to make sure.

Is it possible to port my characters from the Japanese servers to the US version of Illuminus?

You see, I want to play with people who are online the same time as I am.

And if that's a no, how long do you think it'll take for me to get to level 50 again?

As soon as these questions are answered I think I'm going to rush to the nearest gamestop and buy Illuminus. I'm dying to get back into Phantasy Star.

relentless
Aug 26, 2008, 12:59 PM
1. It's not possible to import.

2. It's caek to level up compared to back then.
edit: If you want to know how long you need to level up to at least 50... well, ask yourself.
Depends. If you're a hardcore player, half a week will do.
Casual, maybe 1-2 weeks at most?

3. GO RUSH AND GET YOUR **** ON US/EU PC/PS2 NOW.

NosZodd
Aug 26, 2008, 01:12 PM
Yes sir. I'll see you in the game, then. :)

Kylie
Aug 26, 2008, 01:30 PM
If you want to level up ridiculously fast, wait for an event. I got my new character to LV50 in a week by only doing one or two runs per day. :lol: But I understand your point. I have a friend that lives in the UK, and I feel bad for him because he misses out on a lot of stuff. I can imagine it's even worse for you.